• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PAX Era by PAX Labs

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow! First time I've seen those. If they work, great!
I know it’s not proper to ask?
Message me to write what your favorite portable is?

I’m going to be outside soon?
Your CANNABIS records are wonderful!

I love SATIVA for the day!
Hybrid for 420 with wine.
INDICA before bed.

My program to manage!

Last edited:
ataxian,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Damn it I bought a cheap android Tablet. This compulsion to gadget-fy my life knows no bounds. I bought it to read the f##king app. Anyway, oil info is indeed online. For some reason my OLD tablet greyed out that area. Here's what the info looks like for Phat Panda's Cenex batch:
IMG-2437.jpg

VerdamperLover

I bought a different brand of pod (Phat Panda). No oil info was available on the app. Perhaps it's still too new. It's nice it has the ability, but if none of the oil companies are complying with supplying info, kind of lame. These are Washington State pod companies. The new Pod packages comply with California State requirements for "childproof" packaging that I saw while visiting SoCal.
IMG-9286.jpg

Are those PAXSmart pods? That is, do they have red rubber seals?

Did you notice any improved performance with the Pro?

VerdamperLover,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Yes, the pods I purchase were "smart", meaning that data provided from the oil producer to PAX can be viewed on an android platform.

I personally don't find the new one performance-wise any different than the first one. The only difference is that more info on the oil itself is presented only on an android platform.

VerdamperLover

Thx. I’m looking forward to the PAX web app as I’m an Apple fanboy. They haven’t announced a release date for it yet, but mentioned somewhere that they’re working on it.

VerdamperLover,
Reactions: macbill

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Its for gadjet guys like me. No real use for upgrade. I mean, ok, I might look at the data once, I've never looked at it since.

macbill,

MyCollie

I purchased the Era Pro recently and plan on going shopping soon. The local dispensaries here seem to have pods with oil and also pods with live sauce / live resin. I've tried 510 carts filled with oil, distillate, shatter and rosin but never live sauce/resin. For those of you who have tried lots of different pods do you have any opinions? I realize it will differ from producer to producer. Also, with regards to temp settings - any opinions based on what's inside the Pod?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Liquid live resin in a pod or cart is great. As a solventless advocate I prefer rosin overall, but bang for the buck the sauce pens are great as long as its from a solid producer. I didn't even know there was an Era Pro; haven't even touched my Era in over a year but when I was using it daily it was great. I've been wanting to pick up some new Era pods now that more manufacturers are switching to the platform. I actually went back to 510 because of the low availability of sauce carts for my Era - I basically felt like all the temperature control wasn't really been taken advantage of since I couldn't find much sauce pods, but I've been seeing much better live resin pod availability lately. Next time I go shopping I'm probably gonna grab a few Buddies liquid diamond pods, been quite pleased with their 510 stuff.

MyCollie

I finally tried the Era Pro and I'm happy. Yesterday I tried a Liberty Cannabis Rasberry Cough (standard pod) and tonight I'll try the Blueberry Skunk Live Sauce pod. I haven't used a 510 cart in a while so it's hard to say whether these are better. Based on my first experience, I think the ability to refine temps helps and the dose control is interesting. I tried the Rasberry Cough pod at 425, 485 and then about 570. I stuck to a level "1" dose and definitely noticed a big difference.

JiggyJack

The Era Pro battery life is ridiculously short. I have to recharge it much more often than my OG Era. Kind of kills the convenience factor when it’s not good to go when I want it.

JiggyJack,

MyCollie

So, I’ve been using the Era Pro for a month now. I’m really happy with it and I’m surprised at how long the pods are lasting. I don’t use it at full power/temp so maybe that’s why I’m getting a long life out of them. I feel as though it’s less harsh than some of the carts&batteries I’ve used. The live sauce pod is my favorite. I plan to buy more of these but will also be purchasing concentrates, mints, and troches too. As far as carts go I think I’m going to stick with the pods.

ChooChooCharlie

Noticed Raw Garden Era pods for $40, same price as their .5g carts, so bought an Era Pro while there also. Era pods used to cost 50% more. It's been a while. So light, easy and brainless. Auto temp setting with smart pods. Thanks, @macbill for reminding me about the Era
era-at-station.jpg

Era-Petco.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I finished my original sativa pod faster, but was never able to finish my original blueberry kush pod, was not really a fan of using this thing personally lol :shrug:

Shit Snacks,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It’s one of my favorite vaping experiences ever. A good co2 oil reminds me the most of vaping flower. Haven’t used mine in a few years but I’ve been wanting to try some live resin pods for it. But it seems like pod availability had gotten better, but now I’m not seeing much of a selection anymore. And the brands I used to get are mostly gone.

MyCollie

I think I finished my original sativa pod faster, but was never able to finish my original blueberry kush pod, was not really a fan of using this thing personally lol :shrug:

What didn't you like about it? I think it's ok but I prefer to use the Sai, Dabber Boost Evo, or something like that instead because the alternatives are much more cost efficient and a lot of the time more effective. Also, I'm not sure what benefits this has over regular carts aside from novelty. I guess maybe the sleekness of it is attractive. The live sauce pods I've purchased have been spot on though. One lasted a long time and I was shocked. Could it have been an overfill? Is that even possible?

MyCollie,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The live sauce pods I've purchased have been spot on though. One lasted a long time and I was shocked

I get more life out of a half g pod than a gram of dabbables in a jar. The oil being decarbed prior to vaporizing seems to increase efficiency , plus the short vapor path creating essentially no waste.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It’s one of my favorite vaping experiences ever. A good co2 oil reminds me the most of vaping flower. Haven’t used mine in a few years but I’ve been wanting to try some live resin pods for it. But it seems like pod availability had gotten better, but now I’m not seeing much of a selection anymore. And the brands I used to get are mostly gone.

Yeah I need to get one of those great cartridges still, I'm sure I would like those here too

What didn't you like about it? I think it's ok but I prefer to use the Sai, Dabber Boost Evo, or something like that instead because the alternatives are much more cost efficient and a lot of the time more effective. Also, I'm not sure what benefits this has over regular carts aside from novelty. I guess maybe the sleekness of it is attractive. The live sauce pods I've purchased have been spot on though. One lasted a long time and I was shocked. Could it have been an overfill? Is that even possible?

For one thing I don't like the breath activation, I like the greater control of button provides, I didn't like the plastic mouthpieces of the pods and how everything sticks to them, I don't like the plastic and wicks, I didn't really like the aluminum body or USB charging so much, the whole design I'm just not such a fan of honestly... Oh yeah the way you change temperature settings and such, yeah I just don't like it lol

AVENTUS

87972de0ee8fecb51059fff47750f8aa
Did anyone in Cali try those new LIVE ROSIN PAX PODS ?

Are you in Cali ? Cali has live rosin pax pods directly from PAX now

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is it conclusively CRC rosin ?

Or light colored rosin, mixed with clear solventless ?

Im pretty sure that’s how they’re doing these new affordable rosin carts cause I’ve made my own hash rosin carts before and it’s just different. Here’s an older post

melted down some rosin and refilled this one

69258-E32-B330-471-B-A150-9-D64-ED4-CCC45.jpg

I’m not sure if they’re doing the full stage CRC process or not but they’re definitely doing a filtration to hit these high percentages. The clarity of the color seems corrected too,

I just got some of the Jetty solventless which I’m pretty confident is basically the same technique.

They’re actually pretty sweet though, very clean, and flows better from filtering out unvaporizables. Honestly I was expecting a little bit more flavor, I think you lose a bit of flavor from the secondary filtration, but it’s worth it for the cleaner performance.

It’s sort of like a rosin distillate, but I can’t really say anything about it, potency is strong and not one dimensional.

I definitely want to try the Guava Gelato rosin pax pod... I haven’t used my Pax in a few years but I used to like it a lot more than 510 carts. Stopped using it due to lack of availability though, but I always liked the platform.

AVENTUS

It’s sort of like a rosin distillate, but I can’t really say anything about it, potency is strong and not one dimensional.

I definitely want to try the Guava Gelato rosin pax pod... I haven’t used my Pax in a few years but I always liked the platform.
what other types of extracts would you most closely compare its:

1. multi-dimensional effects aspect ?
2. texture/flow
3. Flavor level

besides the apropos term “rosin distillate” ?

Top Bottom