Discontinued Pandora Kit from Purple-Days

Thanks, Tom! So, my soldering iron tip is not too wide, or narrow, or the wrong shape? I wanna use the tip that would give me the least amount of trouble, and I'm hoping mine will be fine. Thanks again.

SkeletonLips,

Purple-Days

Well, that might not be the size or shape I would choose, to do this work everyday. But there are just the four connections and it will do the job. No need for 'special' tools.

Purple-Days,
Awesome, thanks. Gotta love the customer service you and Pammy give. Always there to answer my questions.

SkeletonLips,

Plant

i've been looking into the Purple Days Or. and Pandora for some time now, and i realy want one. At first i thought why build it yourself, but now i see the joy people get from making one and now i gotta say i want to make one myself too. I know i can do this from the parts i see and the posts i read it wouldn't be that difficult, the only problem is, i'm from the Netherlands. I know you get the question alot Tom but i hope in the future you guys can ship to outside the US from what i see it's sturdy as hell so breaking shouldn't be a problem, and the way i see it when i make it myself i can fix it myself too. anyway it's just a hope i have for the future :)

Plant,

Purple-Days

Plant says, "...I hope in the future you guys can ship to outside the US..."

We do! :)

Pandora Kit only: The North American wall power supply (transformer) won't work for the EU and we deduct $10 for it. We also deduct $10 for our North American shipping costs. That brings the 'declared value' down to $130.

We must declare the value and won't cheat. It's the best way. And the only way we work. So anybody wanting it sent as a gift or sample can forget it. They (Customs) have no reason to confiscate an 'aromatherapy device' and never have, but... cheat on the form and it's gone, or a great deal of trouble. :cool:

Here is the catch, the only 'trackable' International Mail service is USPS Express Mail. That's about $50, vs. $30 for untrackable mail. $20 extra for insurance and tracking, not bad... So we have to use the $50 option. Pandora Kit= $180 for worldwide trackable shipping.

On the Pandora pages.
http://purple-days.com/Pan1.html
http://purple-days.com/Pandora2.html
there is a little flag icon for International folks. it leads here.
http://purple-days.com/PDPEU.html (ah, PDPEU= Purple-Days Pandora EU, but we ship worldwide and the price is the same even outside the EU)

Of course you will have to find a suitable wall power supply for your electrical grid (230V?) and for your wall outlet prong configuration. 12 Volts AC or DC @1000 mA or greater and a Type M DC power plug (2.1mm x 5.5mm). A very common setup.

The car cord and everything else in the kit ships just the same. Just the wall power and shipping charges are different.

Purple-Days,

Plant

nice i wil deffinately get one the customs thing i understand had the same thing with my vaporfection. it wil be an additional 26 dollars VAT and no custom charges cuzz total amount for pd and ship.cost stays under 150euro's so with VAT it wil be around 150euros total
thats no problem what so ever but having bought 3 vapes in 3months i will wait a while before buying a pdp
but its nice to know i have the option of getting one thnx alot:)

Plant,

dkbs

i have a one month old mz, used very little.. i use it so seldomly, i dont feel like i need it, anyone wanna gove me $100 for it delivered usps priority in the usa?

modnote: Please review the forum rules. Infraction given.

dkbs,

Purple-Days

Yes, Customs and Duties vary all over the world. The buyer is expected to know the cost of these for his country. We can't know or predict it for every country. Thanks for the explanation of (most) EU charges.

Time lag in Customs seems to be an issue too. Seems the USPS tracking says delivered when it hits the other nation's Customs or Postal System. So 'Delivered' seems to mean it is in your country, not delivered to your door. Hope that helps explain. Like a recent customer said, 3 days from Western USA, to Denmark, 16 days in Customs... what can you say? It was opened and they spilled 'soy sauce' on some of the packaging :cool: but like all our shipments it was labeled and declared value was right and of course no mention of that stuff... :lol: so it made it through just fine.
Aromatherapy Diffuser : Value $130 USD shipping $50.

We used to carry an International power supply. Multi prong inserts (world-wide) and 100-240V input. Looking for another, maybe... But it's such an easy thing for most folks (in their country) and international power supplies are expensive in a the USA. Just makes sense, to get one, in the country where it is needed. It's a common 12 Volt requirement.

Purple-Days,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Lets just say this... Tom and Pammy are the best! ;)

Ordered on the 8th, got confirmation on the 9th.
Shipping confirmation on the 19th (today), and should arrive thursday or friday.

Puts it at exactly two weeks from order to delivery! Wow. Amazing time considering how busy Tom and Pammy are. I'm SOOO excited. Thanks again purple-days crew. :)

Should be a fun weekend project (more like the minute I can build it) and the rest of the weekend to enjoy. :ko:

HighSti,

Plant

Actually the usps tracking is the best i've seen so far. With most tracking systems it just says its on its way but the usps i can almost always track it the whole way, from the postoffice where it was send, to us customs to my customs. And if you want to track further you call the postalservice and give them the internationaltrackingnr and then they give the new trackingnr for your country. As soon as it gets out of customs you can track it with trackingnr of your own country. al the way to your doorstep. At least that how i do it

Plant,
YAY!! I ordered around when HighSti ordered, and mine also shipped today!!! Whoopee! Tom and Pammy have been great! I can't wait to start in on this project. If I get any more excited, my stitches might pop...lol....

SkeletonLips,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
SkeletonLips said:
If I get any more excited, my stitches might pop...lol....
HAHA! that would be bad but I defiantly understand the excitement. I was expecting to wait at least another week so I was trying not to think about it too much to keep myself from getting anxious. The next two days, I wont be able to think about anything else. :D

HighSti,

Purple-Days

Thanks Plant, that's a great explanation. :)

From this end, we provide tracking to the local system, then it goes to the 'local' system for tracking.

I know this was a freak thing, but Brazil took 88 days (once). :lol:

ps. you guys crack me up. Glad to make a fun thing, exited to ship them.

Using the Sixes Post Office lately, just north of town, trying to keep money flowing and keep a nice rural post office in biz. We also ship from Langlois, Ophir and Weederburn (love that name) when we are heading that way. We like the ladies at these small outposts and want them to stay busy.

Purple-Days,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Purple-Days said:
Using the Sixes Post Office lately, just north of town, trying to keep money flowing and keep a nice rural post office in biz. We also ship from Langlois, Ophir and Weederburn (love that name) when we are heading that way. We like the ladies at these small outposts and want them to stay busy.
Glad to hear you're helping out the local economy. By the way, I've been through most of those towns at one point when my friends and I took a trip along the pacific hwy. What an amazing drive. We turned around at pistol river a ways down from Port Orford. I remember one of my good friends laughing in disbelief when he saw that we were passing through weederburn. We pulled over and smoked a few bowls on the beach. We didn't own vapes back then.. :uhoh:

HighSti,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Dang you guys are lucky. I'm just gonna make myself think I still have two weeks left. I can't wait to see the walnut body in person.

Gonna go back to the cherry for now...

minnesnowta,

Purple-Days

I think that temporarily wipes out the Alder. More on the way. Yesterday morning I talked to Ron in Idaho, our supplier of high grade, Kiln Dried, renewable North American hardwoods. :cool:

Our laser man Todd, here in Port Orford, has a bunch of Cherry and Walnut that he is working on. They come back here and get bored etc.

I like helping the local economy. I buy my stainless screws and other shop needs at the hardware a block away. I get printer paper and tape at the Downtown Fun Zone (not an adult store though the name sounds like it). When I can't get it local it is always from a trusted USA supplier.

Putting the kits together is a fun evening project. Get out the ancient Oster meal sealer, gather the parts and package away in the comfort of the house. I can talk to Pammy ! We have an intercom to the shop, but that's not the same. Nice to work and not be isolated in my shop.

HghSti, if you ever get back this way stop by, folks are always welcome. Ah, the Pistol River area is beautiful, a place where they do a lot of wind surfing. It's right in the middle of a 50 mile stretch of beautiful drive. Port Orford is at the North end of that stretch.

Purple-Days,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
Glad I got in on the Alder at the right time, good thing I was talkin' to minnesnowta or I probably wouldn't have jumped on it.

Infinite Cosmos,

Purple-Days

Like I say there is more Alder on the way. So no worry for anyone looking at Alder or the other woods. Just didn't get much yield out of the last stick and needed to get more. Still looking at a 2-4 week time frame from order to shipping for all orders.

Purple-Days,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound that way!

The PD is an amazing piece of work by the way Tom, thanks a lot! :D

Infinite Cosmos,
Just received my alder Pandora kit in the mail!! Gonna be going over instructions today. Great piece of wood ya sent me Tom. I can't wait until it's built and buzz buttered. There is something neat with the grain around the Pandora logo, too. I am just sooo pleased with everything. Thanks a bunch Tom and Pammy.

SkeletonLips,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I got mine today as well. Had it put together and bottom glued up in about 2.5hrs. Instructions were great pictures were phenominal. This was a very well laid out kit and I had a blast doing it. It'll still be a day or so untill I'm completly done with it because of dry times and what not. I can't wait to see what the walnut is gonna look like all buttered up. Thanks again Tom

minnesnowta,
This is just a tip in case it happens to someone else. My video instructions weren't playing right at all, and I got a little worried, because they would start, then stop, and for some reason they would fast forward all without sound. When I would hit play again, it would play for about 3 seconds, then start the fast forward thing again. I thought I had a defective disk. Then it occurred to me to load the video on to my computer, then play it. I did that and the video plays flawlessly. I am perfectly pleased again. And I still can't get over the neat little grain markings around the pandora logo on mine. I will try my hardest to get pictures for you all. Thank you Tom and Pammy, again.

SkeletonLips,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Brand new member. I just registered after lurking for a few weeks. I have purchased the ssv (which is great) and I have a magic-flight box arriving today. I am fairly new to the vaping scene, but have been smoking for years. After reading a million pages about the purple-days and becoming obsessed with ordering one and realizing that it would be about five months before I received one, I just ordered a pandora kit. I have a few questions some of which have been lightly covered already.

1) I have never soldered before. I do have some light experience using tools. I am assuming this is something I can put together?

2) I ordered the alder wood. Is that wood as strong as the cherry? Is one wood better than the rest?

3) I just noticed that it comes with no warrantee. I get why. I am assuming after you spend the time putting it together you will have a sense of what is wrong with it if something does? also, I am guessing you can get replacement parts if something goes bad?

even though I own the other vapes, I am really excited about this one as it will be perfect for daily use and tom and pammy sound like amazing people. A big plus that they are made here in oregon!!
sorry for the basic questions. thanks for the site.

the ob,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the Forum Ob. Soldering is something I try to cover in detail. Not in everybody's skill set, but it is quite easy with a little basic instruction.

Alder is about the same density as Cherry. Walnut a little harder than those two, but nearly the same density. The Ash is both harder and denser yielding slightly cooler temperatures.

Yes, we keep plenty of parts on hand, and if you screw something up during the build we will be very reasonable about replacement cost and postage. Not likely you would mess anything up, but if you do we are here to help. ;)

Glad you guys are enjoying the build. :D Thanks for the tip on the videos. Yes, just download the whole Pandora Info folder onto your desktop.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom