Orion Induction Heater

Mowjo

At $200 that is a painful issue to have. I am glad they're at least giving you the option of cash back now vs just a promise of a fix.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes, curious?

The back of the Rover/Orion

Orion (despite what I was told), does not.

stark1,

mero614

tired i don't know GIF by Denyse®'t know GIF by Denyse®
Would you please post pictures of your fail?

I am told both the Rover, and Orion
Are U.S. made, not Chinese.

The hairline cracking issue has developed in some of the Orion units, you can
Get a full refund, or if you choose, get a replacement when the issue is addressed.

Mine has also developed a hairline fracture, for the time being I
am using the heftier Rover until the issue is resolved. 🙏

Contact CS, service is stellar.
the same thing is happining to mine. a hairline crack is starting to appear on mine, little nicks are starting to show. i dont understand, i never dropped it or mistreded it. i take really great care of my devices. at this time i havnt informed Dynavape yet. i am really dissapointed with this. i did purchase the rover 2 to hold me over so i have until i figure out my options with Dynavap. i still love using my orion. for the price $200 this should not be occuring. hopefully they release a Dynatec Orion v2 very soon. goodluck everyone.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wonder how thick the plastic is?
Would (careful) drilling small heatvent holes minimize/eliminate
Cracking?

Or a peltier cooler.

stark1,

WirtDog

I purchased the VapOven portable from the UK several months ago. I have both the Omni XL and titanium tip and cap with the Simrell XL? Lobe the Simrell XL combo with the VapOven. It is deadly!! Smaller than I expected based on pics. Seems to be extremely well made and no issues so far.

I was very interested in this Dynavap IH due to its size and portability. Looking to set up a good friend and get him off combustion. Hope they get the issues resolved but the price seems too high and QC issues are not going to inspire confidence. I do feel a good IH greatly enhances the experience. I have not touched a torch since I got the VapOven. The Simrell XL stem takes it off the charts!

passenger

is this thing on?
I have had some 2nd market IH and the Orion and I think concerning portability nothing comes close to the Orion. It also had the most beef, followed closely by the PS Mini. I had it with my when hiking and I didn't feel it while the PSMini was a chore.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I am told both the Rover, and Orion
Are U.S. made, not Chinese.
I think you are right when it comes to the Rover, but the Orion is made in China and „assembled in the USA“, I think a sticker on the back of the Orion indicates that as well.

Toivarita

999 Forever
The whole point of the Dynavap is not relying on batteries.

All these Apple-inspired sleek gadgets with non-removable batteries should be banned yesteday. Fuck Apple and their imitators filling up the planet with e-waste.
What devices do you use that don’t product e-waste? Just curious to see if I can be doing better. I’ve been fixing my friend’s old IPhones and using them again instead of them being thrown out.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Indeed, not a fair comparison to most Apple products, where for a cost, they will replace the internal battery, and on many you can do it yourself. Dynavap could of, at the least, made the case so you could open it, and replace the LIPO pack with hopefully a fairly standard size, and easily sourced. Or, offer a battery replacement plan. IH’s can draw a fair amount of amps from a battery, so the non-replaceable battery is going to degrade faster, and it’s life will depend on your amount of usage. Not a big deal if there was a reasonable way to replace it. Not very cool for an IH especially at this high price point. I’ll suffer along with my Fluxer....

swieder711

Is that big black block the battery?

I thought we would see something next to the coil that does the auto on/off.

swieder711,

swieder711

Sad to report that my Orion is showing a hairline crack on the top, near the magnet. I have treated my Orion gently and never dropped it. I ordered this pre-shipping and have enjoyed its weight, USB-c charging port and auto-switch feature.

I hope Dynavap will stand behind their products and offer me an upgrade to an Orion v2 when they are available.

swieder711

I received this email from Dynavap this morning. I plan to keep my Orion until it fails or the new design is available.

We are sorry to hear about your Orion. We’re extremely proud of our low return rate. We intend to maintain a low rate of return on all products and want to ensure that everything we sell and distribute meets and exceeds our customer’s expectations.

The Orion currently does not meet that standard, so we are suspending the future sale until we can get these issues corrected and can provide a product worthy of the brand. If your device isn't performing up to a satisfactory manner for any other reason, please immediately suspend use and do not charge. We will accept a return of your Orion and provide you with a full refund. If you would prefer a replacement, we can offer you an improved unit once we have them available. All we need from you is whether or not you would like a refund, or a replacement. As well as provide us with your order number.

We love what we do and appreciate you. Thank you for helping us ensure the best possible experience for everyone in the DynaVerse.

swieder711

I got this follow up email.

Thank you for that information. I emailed you a return label. Please send us back the unit and once the newer models are released we will send you one. We currently do not have an ETA on when they will be available.

Please ensure that you include a copy of this email correspondence, your order number (if applicable) and your return address inside the package. If this information is not provided we can not guarantee that we can process your return/exchange. Please maintain a copy of your tracking number if needed for support in the future.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Sad to report that my Orion is showing a hairline crack on the top, near the magnet. I have treated my Orion gently and never dropped it. I ordered this pre-shipping and have enjoyed its weight, USB-c charging port and auto-switch feature.

I hope Dynavap will stand behind their products and offer me an upgrade to an Orion v2 when they are available.
Any pictures?
I hope DV gets this figured out. They'll sell a ton of these if they can make it reliable.

Top Bottom