• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Orion Induction Heater

TommyDee

Vaporitor
These are my musings I am hearing echoes of @Toivarita and @nIcE . The '20 tip is heavier and I attribute that to the heavy cooling fins stealing the heat from the tip. You want area, not mass for cooling fins. I also felt that this causes the metal stems to get warmer than previous versions. That was and still is my observations with the '20 tip. I really don't like it.

However, the cap is a parallel introduction with the 'captive cap'. I noted the issues with the cap but the tip blinded making meaningful findings. I did note the cap thickness change in the captive cap. I put it away and eventually sold it and gave it no more effort. It was my new 2020 replacement cap I purchased from DV that brought this back to the forefront. Once I understood the implications, I put my findings out there.

Said best on Reddit - do we now have a choice of a '60W' cap and a '40W' cap? I say we do. They deliver pretty much exactly the same vapor with the only difference being a small delay. That should be welcome to a lot of people with hot heaters. It should also explain a lot when 2S heaters just don't deliver.

nIcE

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. A friend of mine has the 2020 and I had not to much time with it to compare in depth to previous caps. Great piece of information! Thanks you for this @TommyDee (also sorry for trying to answer a question directed towards you, should have let it it the person addressed 🙃)

Toivarita

999 Forever
Thanks for all the input @TommyDee & @nIcE. So I’m really considering buying the Orion from Dynavap, but I’m afraid it’s just ganna be another part of the VAS and I cannot find any available coupons atm. Do you guys with the Orion think I should get the portable induction heater? One of the biggest selling points of the Orion over the Rover 2 is the magnetic chamber with a sensor and no switch. I have a 2019 and 2020 M, a Caldron IH, StickyBrick Runt and Airvape Legacy as my top devices right now. In your opinions, will the Orion be a good additions or should I spend that on other devices or accessories first?

Toivarita,

Skinku

My spanky new m2019 combusts on three clicks, if I mix up the caps I will be in all sorts of trouble now.
Loving my Orion, I think we have bonded now.
Feel a little dicky after that smoke inhalation.

nIcE

Thanks for all the input @TommyDee & @nIcE. So I’m really considering buying the Orion from Dynavap, but I’m afraid it’s just ganna be another part of the VAS and I cannot find any available coupons atm. Do you guys with the Orion think I should get the portable induction heater? One of the biggest selling points of the Orion over the Rover 2 is the magnetic chamber with a sensor and no switch. I have a 2019 and 2020 M, a Caldron IH, StickyBrick Runt and Airvape Legacy as my top devices right now. In your opinions, will the Orion be a good additions or should I spend that on other devices or accessories first?
This only you will know. For me it was the right thing as I use it with my hydrovong. Not to have to take it out of my glass to heat it and the no push down makes it more safe as less stress on the connections. I also got the Apollo II and think for the couch and such this style might be better, so rather the Rover. Only you know where and how you will use it the most. 🤷‍♂️
My spanky new m2019 combusts on three clicks, if I mix up the caps I will be in all sorts of trouble now.
Loving my Orion, I think we have bonded now.
Feel a little dicky after that smoke inhalation.

If you combust with the Orion, try not to insert the cap all the way, this brings the heat closer to the tip.

Skinku

Not to worry, I just assumed it was five blinks like my other SS tips.
Forgot to get to know the combo first, user error.

Skinku,
Reactions: mero614

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Toivarita - since you focused on 'switchless' I'll give you my take. I like tactile feedback. The coil switch is real time feedback as well as the lights. very comforting. Orion on the other hand has hysteresis. This means that once activated, it takes a moment to start heating. This drove me crazy and is the one reason I wasn't going any further with Orion. It made sip&dip frustrating.

thunderstealer1337

Interesting about quality of these, such a new product launch with so many issues, now we see power usb charge port issues, we already saw bad power button, why can't dynavap increase the qc of these prior to shipping out, you guys have such a small product catalogue and a huge growing customer base, please do the right things and invest in qc, I understand it adds no value and takes away from the profit margin, but you save face with your customers.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
...in China.

How do you do QC on a closed and sealed box @thunderstealer1337 ? LOL I hear you. Welcome to the world of the big boys.

Artisan - Blemished; builder will flog himself with 20 lashes.
Corp - Please follow these asinine instruction into infinity -exactly- , and we can see about getting you whole ...someday. ...maybe.

Indifferent FIsh

A lot of board game companies have QC departments set up exclusively in China to deal with the plastic molds and factories directly... This has mixed results at best. And does nothing to alleviate all the ethical concerns of supporting an authoritarian government with an abysmal record of human right abuses. Not trying to be that guy (even though tragically and unfortunately I am THAT GUY) but yeah the complexities of our incredible global economy are truly hard to reconcile at times. I love Dynavap in so much as I have learnt about them. The making of the Orion in China is understandable from the simple realities of the situation but it still does disquiet me ever so slightly...

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A twelve month warranty seems (to me) a generous window since many others offer a mere 3-6 months.

A 12 month, or 1 year warranty, seems (to me) to be quite classy, especially since the IH market seems to be exploding, with new models hitting the runway, and taking flight—within months of each other.

Of course, as always, YMMV. In this age of planned obsolescence.

It’s been a wild roller coaster ride. In this age of butane free wonder.

—TD bank, you didn’ t cash in on the early discount?
Politics Activism GIF by NRDC

Last edited:

swieder711

I received this email in the last hour.

Dear Valued DynaVap Customer,

It has come to our attention that if your Orion is not accepting a full charge or is having any other charge related issues, this may indicate a problem with the battery. In addition, if your device isn't performing up to a satisfactory manner for any other reason, please immediately suspend use, do not charge and contact us at orion@dynavap.com.

We love what we do and appreciate you. Thank you for helping us ensure the best possible experience for everyone in the DynaVerse.

Thank you,
Team DynaVap

I sent this reply.

My Orion often shows fully charged after only a few minutes of charging. It goes from BLUE led to Green LED in 15 to 30 minutes!

How can I tell if my Orion is fully charging?

My Orion was purchased as part of the initial release.

JamesTiberiousKirk

Same here swieder711. My Orion has been behaving just fine, but hopefully we will learn more about the identified issue.
I received this email in the last hour.

Dear Valued DynaVap Customer,

It has come to our attention that if your Orion is not accepting a full charge or is having any other charge related issues, this may indicate a problem with the battery. In addition, if your device isn't performing up to a satisfactory manner for any other reason, please immediately suspend use, do not charge and contact us at orion@dynavap.com.

We love what we do and appreciate you. Thank you for helping us ensure the best possible experience for everyone in the DynaVerse.

Thank you,
Team DynaVap

I sent this reply.

My Orion often shows fully charged after only a few minutes of charging. It goes from BLUE led to Green LED in 15 to 30 minutes!

How can I tell if my Orion is fully charging?

My Orion was purchased as part of the initial release.

JamesTiberiousKirk,
Reactions: rvarick
Top Bottom