Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

rabidnz

Hi Mike, I'm forced to come here because it's 3 months you have ignored my emails asking for my roasting tube which you didn't return with my unit. Over 1 year ago I sent my lil bud back to you for repair and it took one year (wtf)for you to fix and return it, but it came back with no roasting tube, ok we make mistakes, and you promised to send one when your next order. Well months came and went and no response from you to about 5 emails. I told you I would have no choice to come here but still not a peep out of you. Please stand up and stand behind your product.

rabidnz

Honestly this is getting to the point where it's embarassing. I'm embarrassed to have to chase down a grown man in different places of the internet because he is being downright shifty and shrugging off his obligations. All I wanted was a repair, I have no idea how it took you a full year and you sent it with no roasting tube which you promised to replace, and that's when you appareantly blocked me. Just checking my emails to confirm timeline...

OCT 1, 2018 - unit dispatched from NZ to USA .
APR 9, 2019 - hadn't heard a peep in 6 months so I checked what was happening - he'd forgotten.
7 SEP, 2019 - Mike confirms my LB is shipping in a few days
26 SEP, 2019 - LB arrives, it's a totally different one which wasn't mentioned once, with a few cosmetic defects(this is not an a grade unit it's obvious) also, no mouthpiece, not having another 18mm mouthpiece, it's useless. Mike says he's waiting on a tube order and will send mine as soon as he gets it.

I have messaged once a month since then politely asking for a purpleheart roasting tube to be sent now ONE YEAR AND 5 MONTHS since this unit went for repair. I would urge anyone to be very careful when thinking about choosing this vaporiser.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Honestly this is getting to the point where it's embarassing. I'm embarrassed to have to chase down a grown man in different places of the internet because he is being downright shifty and shrugging off his obligations. All I wanted was a repair, I have no idea how it took you a full year and you sent it with no roasting tube which you promised to replace, and that's when you appareantly blocked me. Just checking my emails to confirm timeline...

APR 9, 2019 - hadn't heard a peep in 6 months so I checked what was happening - he'd forgotten.
26 SEP, 2019 - LB arrives, it's a totally different one which wasn't mentioned once, with a few cosmetic defects(this is not an a grade unit it's obvious) also, no mouthpiece, not having another 18mm mouthpiece, it's useless. Mike says he's waiting on a tube order and will send mine as soon as he gets it.

I have messaged once a month since then politely asking for a purpleheart roasting tube to be sent now ONE YEAR AND 5 MONTHS since this unit went for repair. I would urge anyone to be very careful when thinking about choosing this vaporiser.
You've made your point, @rabidnz, please don't belabor it.

We have a rule:
Forum Rules said:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
  • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
  • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.

If you get a resolution that you would like to share, feel free to do so. But don't use the forum as a tool to get your situation resolved. Posts in the vein of the above will be removed.

Thanks.

:peace:

Stu,

hit&run

Just want to point you girls and boys on a travel bag which fits really good for the Lil' Bud:

It's cheap to get at around $ 4 USD but it's of OK'ish quality.
The side pocket can hold a tube or even a 18650 battery.
Available in those three wonderful colors black, army green and khaki. :)
You can also clamp it to your belt if you want so (there are two big straps on the back).
*edit: But note that the device is not completely covered by the (closed) nylon bag. The upper ~ 1cm of the battery door and of the power switch side though are a bit intended, but uncovered by nylon! Nevertheless works fine (for me).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33060323756.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.52424c4dfhLRmN

(In the case link from above will not work anymore you can try to find this bag with keywords such as: 'tactical' '1000d' 'nylon' 'molle' 'pouch' etc.)

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising

cant help but feel for you dude , a vape without a mouthpiece is .. i think i’ve made that point prior too...

sounds like you don’t have any other mouthpiece to fit your LB, send me a private message if you wish , i will send you a spare 18mm glass adapter that i have and can part with . .its not much , i know it’s not yours nor purple heart but is free and yours to keep if helpful . :peace:

cool bag @hit&run , i would dig a shoulder strap version .

vape on !

Skinnyarbuckle

I was liking it, very stealthy very quiet no lights no clicks very smooth once I figured out the technique. And then I threw it in my kit and forgot to put the tab in between the battery and the terminal the button was depressed and it don’t work anymore,oops my bad. Definitely overheated, time to contact Vapwood and see if he can fix it up.Also my terminals for the battery become loose,Meaning I have to bend them back every once in a while to make positive contact.

Skinnyarbuckle,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Meaning I have to bend them back every once in a while to make positive contact.
dont we all ? terminals could be improved to something less prone to needing regular adjustment. they seem to lose spring from regular use , not just from impact points.

you are bang on in regards to stealth , quiet , no lights , smooth.

do you have more then 1 battery ? could also be battery that fried perhaps..figure you must have more then one , it’s just a thought. positive note , good that the heater (i presume , wires or switch ) fried itself before frying the unit and/or more.

Skinnyarbuckle

Yes, the button no longer depresses, which depresses me.I had used the unit and threw it inside an OtterBox and when I opened it up the stench was terrible and I instantly knew what I had done.

Skinnyarbuckle,

AtmoMat

You probably melted the switch’s internals. Replace the switch and you should be good to go again.

AtmoMat,

TommyV1967

How do you load up your lil bud mouth piece? Is there a certain basket screen that fits into the glass lining of the wood mouthpiece?

TommyV1967,

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
How do you load up your lil bud mouth piece? Is there a certain basket screen that fits into the glass lining of the wood mouthpiece?
The screen goes into the wood mouth piece and not the glass insert. The glass insert is very fragile. The glass insert is just for added cooling and also turns the wood into a glass vapour path. There are screens that came with the LB Classic that fit perfectly into the cherry,maple or walnut roasting tube opposite end of glass insert/ mouth piece.

Last edited:
Vaporooni,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All,
Surviving here on Long Island, and thank God my immediate family is healthy. My extended FDNY family are not so lucky, as these are tough times. My wife and I have been locked down, just like everybody else in Nassau County. She, alone, will make it to the grocery store today, first time in about 10 days, and hopefully we won't have to leave the house (or my glorious deck) for a couple of weeks for any reason. This is the only way to reduce the spread here, if you don't have to go out - DON'T. Thankfully we can take daily walks / bike rides around the neighborhood, maintaining social distancing just like everybody else in this great country.

With that said, all my ducks are in a row for me to begin building once again. I've managed to put together enough parts for a small batch of both units (LB and Timber) that I plan to ship late next month. Thanks for your patience and loyalty at this time.
Mike

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Hello All,
Surviving here on Long Island, and thank God my immediate family is healthy. My extended FDNY family are not so lucky, as these are tough times. My wife and I have been locked down, just like everybody else in Nassau County. She, alone, will make it to the grocery store today, first time in about 10 days, and hopefully we won't have to leave the house (or my glorious deck) for a couple of weeks for any reason. This is the only way to reduce the spread here, if you don't have to go out - DON'T. Thankfully we can take daily walks / bike rides around the neighborhood, maintaining social distancing just like everybody else in this great country.

With that said, all my ducks are in a row for me to begin building once again. I've managed to put together enough parts for a small batch of both units (LB and Timber) that I plan to ship late next month. Thanks for your patience and loyalty at this time.
Mike

Happy to hear you're doing okay. Stay healthy. Cheers

beyond6strings,
Reactions: stark1

kenske

Greetings Everyone,

Just dropping by to share a pic of a LB Classic that i received 2 days ago. Just when i am about to give up on battery on-demand wood vapes, I came across a LB For sale and decided to give it a shot. This vape performed well beyond my expectations. Fast, efficient, tasty, lots of vapor, good looking, and quality workmanship. I am a fan and i am sure this unit will be used regularly.:nod:

Does anyone know of any other brands / suppliers stems/attachments that will fit the LB? Thanks in advance.
20200428-181156.jpg

20200428-181125.jpg

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Greetings Everyone,

Just dropping by to share a pic of a LB Classic that i received 2 days ago. Just when i am about to give up on battery on-demand wood vapes, I came across a LB For sale and decided to give it a shot. This vape performed well beyond my expectations. Fast, efficient, tasty, lots of vapor, good looking, and quality workmanship. I am a fan and i am sure this unit will be used regularly.:nod:

Does anyone know of any other brands / suppliers stems/attachments that will fit the LB? Thanks in advance.
20200428-181156.jpg

20200428-181125.jpg

That is a beautiful lilac wood roasting tube along with that wonderful LB. I make roasting tubes that will fit the LB. You can really use any roasting tube w/ a 19/22mm taper.

kenske

Thanks Alan. I received the order today. The 19 to 14 roasting tube looks great!

Looking forward to doing business with you again soon!

kenske,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm baaaaaack!

Hello FC community. Glad we are all still here safe and sound. I literally haven't left the house in a couple of months, except for walks and bike rides. As many of you know, I'm here at the epicenter of Covid, right outside NYC in Nassau county. My family, my day to day life, like many Americans, has been pretty much shut down. I have completed a batch of LB's and Timbers that will ship on Monday. I also have a couple of repairs that will also ship the same day.

To kick of this re-entry to society, I'm offering a 25% sale w/ coupon code: BACKINBIZ - save 25% sitewide!

>> SAVE 25%

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just to update you on the current 25% sale - ends Monday. Stock is cherry and walnut, gorgeous grain. LB unregulated seems to be gaining popularity, as many love the control it gives them. Really nothing to break down! Buy today, and I'll throw in a glass liner.

purpletweed

Does anyone know the specifics on the solder used to hold the coil to its butt splices (I think it’s broadly “silver solder”)? As it’s in the air path (along with the butt splices, which are likely just copper coated in tin), I’m curious to know more — about heavy metals (RoHS compliance would ensure no lead or cadmium) of course but, especially since it can get quite hot in there, to have a sense of safe operating temps to avoid partially melting the solder (should I just assume a ~430F cap?). I have an LBE, but folks in the Timber thread didn’t know, and I know the Classic uses the same heating element. (Before I’m asked, I did ask Mike directly, but I imagine he’s busy and stressed with the situation in NY, so I thought I’d check with the community here in the meantime).

Or maybe this just isn’t something I should be concerned about at all, which I’m also open to hearing about :D

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Mike can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is using RoHS compliant solder that is 3% silver and 97% tin. The nice thing about the spiral coil heater is that it doesn't need to get anywhere close to glowing to create the hot air for roasting since there is a large surface area. The mass of the coil is relatively low which allows it to heat so quickly and also cool down quickly. It would need to glow for a while or excess wattage applied before getting hot enough to melt solder. There may even be some coil damage if too much wattage is applied. A single battery will not be enough to damage the coil. The Elite does a very good job of managing the coil which is why the battery life is generally so good. There is almost no pre-heat time required for the LB or the LB Elite. The button should always be used sparingly to maximize the number of roasting tubes from a battery.

purpletweed

Thank you for the response, @Alan! That is good news about the solder. Definitely one of the things I appreciate about these high surface area coils is how it’s much easier to avoid glowing temperatures while still getting where you want to go.

On the topic of melting solder, I note that the melting point of Sn97Ag3 solders tends to be around 430-435 Fahrenheit — temperatures one might wish to vaporize at. I think this is much cooler than coil glow temp — is applied solder harder to melt? I’ve seen videos of Mike testing newly-formed coils and pushing them to glowing temps, so I do trust that you’re right on whether that would melt the solder since I’m sure that would have been noticed :p I just don’t understand why — it would seem that if you’re able to take a pull which is 430F that would mean that the heating element components are also that hot.

Edit: Actually, I think my above question is answered to satisfaction by your response, but I’ll leave the question intact in case anyone wants to add something. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ghost7ateoh

Has anybody been able to contact Vapwood? I purchased a Timber on June 6th and sent a couple questions via email and I can't get a response. I also have no clue when this will ship and considering cancelling my order as it looks like warranty help will be next to impossible if I can't even get a response to an email.

ghost7ateoh,
Top Bottom