Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Murph101

So I picked up a second hand lil bud Classic not long ago, and have been spending a bit of time getting to grips with it and I am somewhat enjoying it. However, I cannot seem to get the abv to a "dark coffee brown" colour like I can on other convection devices, and i dont think i could combust with it, even if i tried (12-15 second long, slow draws with button pressed the whole time). Now I am using older batteries, Hg2 and 25r, that have seen maybe a year of work with other devices. Do you think this could be the issue? I have new batteries on order to test this out, but outside of old batteries, what else can cause the device to run cool? Geographically speaking, returning the device to get fixed/looked at by the maker is not financially feasible, so just looking at possible things to look at if I have to open the device up to inspect. Thanks

Murph101,

WubbaLubbaDubDub

Has anybody been able to contact Vapwood? I purchased a Timber on June 6th and sent a couple questions via email and I can't get a response. I also have no clue when this will ship and considering cancelling my order as it looks like warranty help will be next to impossible if I can't even get a response to an email.
Hey Bud, I seem to remember Mike saying this latest batch would ship by the end of July. I have one on order too. I had similar problems with communication several emails with no reply, eventually did get back to me however. Not sure he realizes or cares how detrimental poor communication is to a business.

WubbaLubbaDubDub,

el sargantano

So I picked up a second hand lil bud Classic not long ago, and have been spending a bit of time getting to grips with it and I am somewhat enjoying it. However, I cannot seem to get the abv to a "dark coffee brown" colour like I can on other convection devices, and i dont think i could combust with it, even if i tried (12-15 second long, slow draws with button pressed the whole time). Now I am using older batteries, Hg2 and 25r, that have seen maybe a year of work with other devices. Do you think this could be the issue? I have new batteries on order to test this out, but outside of old batteries, what else can cause the device to run cool? Geographically speaking, returning the device to get fixed/looked at by the maker is not financially feasible, so just looking at possible things to look at if I have to open the device up to inspect. Thanks
Is the basket screen too far from the heater? Too much inside the mouthpiece, maybe?

el sargantano,

ghost7ateoh

Hey Bud, I seem to remember Mike saying this latest batch would ship by the end of July. I have one on order too. I had similar problems with communication several emails with no reply, eventually did get back to me however. Not sure he realizes or cares how detrimental poor communication is to a business.
Thank you I have no problem waiting to the end of July and glad you at least got a response. I do have a problem spending my money with a company/person that can't even respond to a customer. I have now sent 3 emails and even texted the number that was on my paypal invoice and I still can't get a response. I don't have time to chase people down to answer a simple question and I'm going to cancel this and go with the TinyMight.

ghost7ateoh,

WubbaLubbaDubDub

Thank you I have no problem waiting to the end of July and glad you at least got a response. I do have a problem spending my money with a company/person that can't even respond to a customer. I have now sent 3 emails and even texted the number that was on my paypal invoice and I still can't get a response. I don't have time to chase people down to answer a simple question and I'm going to cancel this and go with the TinyMight.
If you spend much time looking at the many threads on this forum you'll find a common theme; stoners don't make good business men. The Canna world is littered with shady dealer's, I'm willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt due to the unprecedented times we are a living. That TinyMight does look dope, I'm too ham fisted and don't trust myself with all glass pathways after multiple Splinter misshaps. Best of luck!

WubbaLubbaDubDub,
Reactions: kenske

ghost7ateoh

If you spend much time looking at the many threads on this forum you'll find a common theme; stoners don't make good business men. The Canna world is littered with shady dealer's, I'm willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt due to the unprecedented times we are a living. That TinyMight does look dope, I'm too ham fisted and don't trust myself with all glass pathways after multiple Splinter misshaps. Best of luck!
Yea, everyone is different but I know many very successful business people that happen to consume cannabis on the regular so I find that just an excuse for lazy people. I managed to get a response from Vapwood within 30 minutes of filing a Paypal dispute so that must of got his attention. He is claiming he did not receive any of my emails or texts which I find highly unlikely. I agree about the glass being a concern and that is what pushed me towards the Timber in the first place but this customer service fiasco has ruined any excitement and still trying to cancel the order before it ships.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello LB lovers,

Lil' Bud Sale
As things normalize here in NY during the dog days of summer, it is time to promote our Made In America product, with a 15% off coupon code applicable site wide: *DOGDAYS*

For those waiting on July orders, progress is being made, and we're on track for a July shipping.

LB has a replaceable battery, no charging while being used. @siDecHas

Bravesst,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I want to thank my loyal customers for continued support, and possibly give back a bit. Summer is just about over, and it is time for a BACK TO SCHOOL sale. I've restocked my supplies and I'm getting ready for full fall production.

coupon code: BACKTOSCHOOL save 25% sitewide! / limited time sale

>> Link to Vapwood

Bravesst,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello LB lovers!

If you enjoy the freedom of pure on demand convection in an *unregulated* device, I'm going to make it easier for you to get started. Coupon code *UNREG* is worth $45 in this flash sale on Lil' Bud (walnut / cherry ) only!
$45 Coupon Code for LB - UNREG

20190527-122729.jpg

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Been using a walnut lil bud classic for the last couple of days and have to say i'm impressed, he's a simple yet elegant beast.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey All,
The $50 pre-order is back. If you can plop down $50, you'll get on the list for the following month / batch. I am currently accepting down payments for October. Lil' Buds are available in Walnut and Cherry.

>> Vapwood

kenske

Last post was removed. Reposting to comply with forum rules.

I am posting to share my experience regarding my purchase with Vapwood for a lil bud. When i finally received my unit, was not satisfied with the workmanship( scratches, button not flush, ugly joints etc...) Mind you, i only got this as a 2nd unit for its expected quality workmanship( like the 1st unit i got 2nd hand, see post #2845 for the feedback I left). I contacted Mike IMMEDIATELY upon opening the package. I sent him a email with photos detailing the issues I have with the unit and requested a replacement. After sending him another 1 or 2 emails, he replied and apologizes for the qa of the unit. He told me to keep the LB with the issues and he will send me a replacement in a week or 2. After about a month , i reached out to him and no reply. I opened a case with pp and they just ruled in his favor. Thats fine. I do not expect to be made whole on this transaction. This unit is paperweight to me, it has no purpose or value in my collection. The purpose of this post is to share my experience here and ppl can decide if they want to support this maker and his business practices. Stay safe and stay high!

** I cant figure out how to upload screenshots of the emails. I am having trouble posting it here. I uploaded the images to imgbb. I can forward these emails/images to anyone that is interested.

Modnote: Emails removed to comply with forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenske

Apparently, i am not allowed to post emails from seller for everyone to see here. Attachments of his email replies attachments were deleted by a mod. Dm me if you want to see emails from the seller making false promises.

Poppablue

Anybody else just randomly have an order cancelled? I placed an order in the beginning of October and haven’t received any updates since. I have reached out twice for an update but zero response. Just received an updated email saying my order was cancelled with zero explanation. Very unfortunate I was looking forward to my device. Anybody else have a similar experience? Best avenue to go about getting my money back?

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hello
I had a used Lil'bud since few days ago. The post is dead here? The manufacturer disappeared?

I'm learning about how to use it but i already like it, it seems to be a strong unit with strong capacities! Great design and great quality. If you have any tips to give me for better performances i'm here!
Thx

Duba,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

cannasoor

Anybody else just randomly have an order cancelled? I placed an order in the beginning of October and haven’t received any updates since. I have reached out twice for an update but zero response. Just received an updated email saying my order was cancelled with zero explanation. Very unfortunate I was looking forward to my device. Anybody else have a similar experience? Best avenue to go about getting my money back?

My order was not cancelled, but had several irregularities: long delays, little return contact, wrong wood, seemed to be an older model, etc.

I originally ordered in June (a Timber Elite, actually, but from the same manufacturer) and finally got the vape in October. I get the impression several other summer customers were simply stiffed: I suspect I was instead just sent some old stock (although I only have my own suspicions on this).

Between the (occasional, minimal) communications and several other factors, I think something significant happened, maybe even prior to the summer 2020 "re-opening for business". Purely personal speculation, but I wonder if it was even the original manufacturer I was dealing with over the summer. (Perhaps an executor or some other party was cleaning up; or perhaps the original manufacturer had some sort of personal issues and closed up shop.) In any case, my last email went unanswered and then the model threads here on FC were marked as discontinued. I certainly haven't heard from the manufacturer in several months.

I left the vape unused when I first got it, as I intended to return it (and tried several times). At this point I may sell it (still unused) just out of concern over its provenance and the whole situation.

[ @Stu or other mods: I am trying to be reasonable and circumspect here, but if I have over-stepped bounds, just delete this post and let me know. ]

Top Bottom