Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
SSV_Steve_Elev8

Would you please be so kind to take the time to answer the 2 questions I ask in my post (4 posts prior). I know it's Friday and you're looking forward to the weekend, but I actually might be a real customer and not just a giant indivisible rabbit. Besides, you da Boss, and you know that a bosses work ain't never done.

Thank you for your expeditious reply.
COLAS of CANNABIS = CIVILIZATION
LSV was decent 4-Maxflight
JUST SAYING!

howie105

The LSV is really discontinued? Have to get a spare unit at once :(
Given that the internals are so similar to some of their other vapes and that ELEV8 is still providing repair services and replacement parts I am not in much of a rush, but I sure would like a blue one too.

howie105,
Reactions: ataxian

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I understand the SSV is a hippy, trippy, nifty vehicle but I'm really, really interested in the LSV, SSV_Steve, not in side/upgrading. My DBV's been with me for ages, trading her in would be like trading in the wives.

So, if I understand you correctly, the DBV and LSV heater and control elements are similar if not the same. Can I assume equivalent preformance between the two in reguards to extraction?

Finally, SSV_Steve, I understand that the LSV is going out of print. That piece of information didn't answer my questions. So I respectfully ask again: 1) If I purchase one of the bundles do I get a colour choice for the vehicle; 2) If ?1) = Yes what colours are available in what stock remains?

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for responding promptly.
Sorry I missed this. Yes they use the same heater, and I think they have about the same effect, obviously different form factors. Yes, if you get a LSV you can have any color we have left. Lookst like we have 4 colors left.

What makes the SSV better than both the LSV and DBV. The angle of the dangle. The spherical bowl never will ever get stuck, it is also larger than the LSV and DBV by I bet 2x. Also, the customization on the SSV is just fire. The hand made knob really is a super nice addition.

Given that the internals are so similar to some of their other vapes and that ELEV8 is still providing repair services and replacement parts I am not in much of a rush, but I sure would like a blue one too.
I would love to help you move to a SSV, I feel in the long run it is just better. BUT, the LSV does have a special niche.

hoptimum

I would love to help you move to a SSV, I feel in the long run it is just better. BUT, the LSV does have a special niche.
You know your products better than I do, but I think you might be underestimating the LSV.
With a couple of simple modifications, it can become a versatile handheld vape. Even better if your fabrication wizards can design a “cowl” for an SSV/DBV heater cover.

Pukka

Sorry I missed this. Yes they use the same heater, and I think they have about the same effect, obviously different form factors. Yes, if you get a LSV you can have any color we have left. Lookst like we have 4 colors left.

What makes the SSV better than both the LSV and DBV. The angle of the dangle. The spherical bowl never will ever get stuck, it is also larger than the LSV and DBV by I bet 2x. Also, the customization on the SSV is just fire. The hand made knob really is a super nice addition.
Did you even read any of what I wrote? Didn't I say that I _WAS NOT_ interested in purchasing a SSV. Yet you continue to employ hyper-agressive salesmanship to push a product that: 1) Is more expensive than the item I want to purchase; 2) Is an item that I _DO NOT_ want to buy. Having worked successfully in multiple "sales" fields over the years, I must say that this techique absolutely reminds me of a bad used car salesman trying to complete the near impossable task on making his monthly numbers.

So, Mr Elev8 president dude aka Steve, thank you for taking the time but I think I'll just do without. Company sales technique, or lack thereof, honestly disgust me. I cannot, in good faith, do any business with you now or in the future.

rosedale

Did you even read any of what I wrote? Didn't I say that I _WAS NOT_ interested in purchasing a SSV. Yet you continue to employ hyper-agressive salesmanship to push a product that: 1) Is more expensive than the item I want to purchase; 2) Is an item that I _DO NOT_ want to buy. Having worked successfully in multiple "sales" fields over the years, I must say that this techique absolutely reminds me of a bad used car salesman trying to complete the near impossable task on making his monthly numbers.

So, Mr Elev8 president dude aka Steve, thank you for taking the time but I think I'll just do without. Company sales technique, or lack thereof, honestly disgust me. I cannot, in good faith, do any business with you now or in the future.

Seems like a disproportionate reaction to someone who answered a question that you asked.

Comfortably Numb

You were a salesman? Really?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Our first rule is Be Nice. This is Not Nice. If you can't be respectful to the person you're replying to, don't reply. This is the sort of thing that starts flame wars. Another post along these lines will earn you a warning point.

simplywonderful

hi guys I got this old pal which I used to as reclaim dab ignitor (my old lsv) things got rough the rod got pushed a little bit and I need to dissasemble the device. During attempts on this I was able to remove power but I have hard time figuring out how the mobo and everything is attached to there.
I dont want to ruin another vape ( rip to flower mate)
any tips on this would be really appreciated

simplywonderful,
Reactions: ataxian

howie105

I am a happy LSV, Da Buddha and Silver Surfer owner, I just like the LSV best because it fits my preferences best, that's what I am always talking about it. Seeing we are talking about the LSV there seems to be two schools of thought about its discontinuation, one you dropped it because of sales numbers and the other out of safety concerns. Can you shine some light?

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I am a happy LSV, Da Buddha and Silver Surfer owner, I just like the LSV best because it fits my preferences best, that's what I am always talking about it. Seeing we are talking about the LSV there seems to be two schools of thought about its discontinuation, one you dropped it because of sales numbers and the other out of safety concerns. Can you shine some light?
Hi, yes, while it is a great vape, I find that it is just not as safe. I also can only have so many parts on hand to run a business, so I have to let things come and go. I never really pushed the LSV as I just love the glass for the SSV. But I do see the niche for cats like you.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hi, yes, while it is a great vape, I find that it is just not as safe. I also can only have so many parts on hand to run a business, so I have to let things come and go. I never really pushed the LSV as I just love the glass for the SSV. But I do see the niche for cats like you.
The LSV was discontinued for Safety reasons? I'm alarmed about this. Are we talking fire, shorting, burns? To discontinue a product because it's " not as safe" indicates an issue I'd like to know about as an owner. What sort of issue have arisen to make the LSV unsafe enough to discontinue it?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The LSV was discontinued for Safety reasons? I'm alarmed about this. Are we talking fire, shorting, burns? To discontinue a product because it's " not as safe" indicates an issue I'd like to know about as an owner. What sort of issue have arisen to make the LSV unsafe enough to discontinue it?

I think he's just talking about the design of it (which is mostly why we like it), compared to the SSV, where everything is stable on the table, with the heat shield and such...

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ok, so do not go donw some hole I did not sate here because what I feel is safer than something else. You are going down some path. I do not feel it is near as safe as a SSV. I also do not have endless funds to build vapes of all styles and I have to make choices. I have to let some things pass on. Come on, the SSV is stable a F*%%, and why I say it is safer. Like anything in the world, you can make anything unsafe or safer. Depending on the situation. A gun is super safe, depending on how it is handled.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Reactions: howie105

simplywonderful

I know this might be messed up question but I used my lsv as dab ignitor and the heating element kind at some point fallen down. Im out of warranty and never used warranty, neither I used lsv since I broke the wand, I only tried it couple times. My question is without sending it to authorized repair would you tell me how to dissassemble the unit to fix the position of the heating element ? the video posted does not suffice, thank you very much for your help anyone I thought originally it would be easier job just to put the fallen heating element to its place from beneath. I would attempt it from the top but itsnot possible since it fallen down bellow the metal and when I attempted it previously I was afraid that pressure could damage the ceramic element
In the video there seems to be a central piece which holds the heating rod in centered position, did that came only on certain versions or all versions of lsv? I dont remember mine having it, Unfortunately, in my attempts of fixing the rod position and disassembly I unscrewe one of the top three screws and kind of lost the second part of it, if anyone can help me with what type of screws are they I would be very grateful
:)
Tl DR : I was able to fix the heater position, just wondering If my lsv is missing heating element centering pad or if it was on just some versions + type of screw used on those top three because I lost it, I would be very grateful for help
I forgot to say that there was little piece of protective sleeve on the end of the lsv heating element.

Last edited:
simplywonderful,

hoptimum

I know this might be messed up question but I used my lsv as dab ignitor and the heating element kind at some point fallen down. Im out of warranty and never used warranty, neither I used lsv since I broke the wand, I only tried it couple times. My question is without sending it to authorized repair would you tell me how to dissassemble the unit to fix the position of the heating element ? the video posted does not suffice, thank you very much for your help anyone I thought originally it would be easier job just to put the fallen heating element to its place from beneath. I would attempt it from the top but itsnot possible since it fallen down bellow the metal and when I attempted it previously I was afraid that pressure could damage the ceramic element
In the video there seems to be a central piece which holds the heating rod in centered position, did that came only on certain versions or all versions of lsv? I dont remember mine having it, Unfortunately, in my attempts of fixing the rod position and disassembly I unscrewe one of the top three screws and kind of lost the second part of it, if anyone can help me with what type of screws are they I would be very grateful
Tl DR : I was able to fix the heater position, just wondering If my lsv is missing heating element centering pad or if it was on just some versions + type of screw used on those top three because I lost it, I would be very grateful for help
I forgot to say that there was little piece of protective sleeve on the end of the lsv heating element.
contact Steve at Elev8. He was very helpful walking me through how to replace a ceramic heating element in my SSV.

Contact us at: 719-570-9928 or customercare@elev8glassgallery.com Customer Service Hours (8-5 MST Weekdays)

hoptimum,

TeaCup

Was wondering, for the people that have an Elev8r and an LSV, does the short wand and the long wand hit exactly the same? I just got an Elev8r a few weeks ago and I'm flat out in love with the pull of the wand. Thinking about getting an LSV now, but was curious if it's the wand that makes for such a good pull, or if the LSV hits a little differently because of the longer wand, and more importantly, the place where it's attached to both the LSV and Elev8r are different inside, so in theory the way the air gets pulled through could be different. Any thoughts would help alot towards a purchase, thanks.

TeaCup,

howie105

Was wondering, for the people that have an Elev8r and an LSV, does the short wand and the long wand hit exactly the same? I just got an Elev8r a few weeks ago and I'm flat out in love with the pull of the wand. Thinking about getting an LSV now, but was curious if it's the wand that makes for such a good pull, or if the LSV hits a little differently because of the longer wand, and more importantly, the place where it's attached to both the LSV and Elev8r are different inside, so in theory the way the air gets pulled through could be different. Any thoughts would help alot towards a purchase, thanks.
There is a difference, but it's minimal when in use on the LSV, IMO. I prefer to pair the long stem to a globe where the difference is more noticeable. Like this

howie105,
Reactions: TeaCup

simplywonderful

speaking of wands mine broken and Im wondering if anyone have experience with diy male to male adaptors or 18mm stems that would replace ddave mod? shipping amount is killing me, did not expected it.
So I would rather DH :D I would appreciate your help guys

simplywonderful,

hoptimum

speaking of wands mine broken and Im wondering if anyone have experience with diy male to male adaptors or 18mm stems that would replace ddave mod? shipping amount is killing me, did not expected it.
So I would rather DH :D I would appreciate your help guys
The Silver Surfer conical wand will work

hoptimum,
Top Bottom