Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Gnome34

In the UK https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/life-saber-vaporizer-lsv?variant=49530170509 has it for £116 for the day. I have it in the shopping cart but am conflicted. It's hot and fragile and has nowhere to rest (in my mess), and it like a stir. It's clean and plugged in and powerful so I won't keep recharging portables at the desk. So idk. Maybe mentioning that here prompts a helpful comment. :)
I lay mine on a "mood mat" / "dab mat" that I believe came from 420 EDC. It is like a quarter inch thick piece of rubbery foamy material. Does not burn. Others have used wine bottle holders and microphone stands with success.

I typically only leave it on for a few(3-4) hours at a time and will adjust the temp knob down if I won't be using for a half hour or so.

It does benefit from stirring the bowl. Not a big deal to me as the bowl is fairly wide and deep and the included metal pick is skinny and long. It's easy.

I do not like having to change out screens frequently but thankfully it is easy to do.

The LSV has a special place for me and is hands down my girlfriends favorite. I'm going to by a second one just because she has essentially claimed my first one!

Joie de Vivre

^ty, and well to use it! I'm gonna let the deadline expire because I note not even the maker thinks it's the best plan for such a messy sod as me. But I'll be watching what else he's got. :)

Joie de Vivre,

TeaCup

In the UK https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/life-saber-vaporizer-lsv?variant=49530170509 has it for £116 for the day. I have it in the shopping cart but am conflicted. It's hot and fragile and has nowhere to rest (in my mess), and it like a stir. It's clean and plugged in and powerful so I won't keep recharging portables at the desk. So idk. Maybe mentioning that here prompts a helpful comment. :)

I almost didn't buy one because I also read that it needed to be stirred. I don't know what I'm doing right, but out of everything I own this is by far and away the most even, non stirring vape I own. And it was like that from the very first hit I took off it. I guess my breathing is dead on perfect for this vape, I really don't know what else to say.

Joie de Vivre

When/if I have a tidy-up I will reassess the situ with that in mind for sure (and if they vanish from the market there's still the Silver Surfer) - it's in the list that includes Minivap and the Arizer Air Max, whose costs I can bear one-at-a-time, but I need money available for the custom drops (and actual necessities and taxes etc). So I guess that was why I tended to find discouragement in the positive reviews. But these are positive reviews for the Light Saber, get 'em while you can lol. Just ty!

Joie de Vivre,

howie105

A few points to keep in mind, the manufacture's claim of ongoing support for the product, the interchangeability of electrical components with the Buddha and the Surfer and the ELEV8s ability to produce glass replacements in house. If all this proves out then the LSV will remain a good choice. Coming clean... I am a fanboy.

vinnyzan

@vinnyzan do a google seatch and you’ll find that lots of shops still have the LSV
I ended up just buying from manufacturer. I did see a few sites selling it, none that I was familiar with though. I don't want to just buy from a random website, might seem silly but this way I know I'm covered under warranty. Usually stick to retailers who have a reputation around here.

simplywonderful

what kind of screen works the best with 18mm male to male and lsv? I have basket ones and some smaller fine mesh screens from mighty but they are small for the lsv. Do LSV work with some kind of mesh better than with other? Hopefully I will find use for those baskets

simplywonderful,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
what kind of screen works the best with 18mm male to male and lsv? I have basket ones and some smaller fine mesh screens from mighty but they are small for the lsv. Do LSV work with some kind of mesh better than with other? Hopefully I will find use for those baskets

Mine had come with a screen that fit right in the bottom of the joint so you could fill the entire joint if you wanted to... Was not using a basket screen at all back then actually

Shit Snacks,

howie105

For the wand ELEV8 sells 14.8 mm screens and for the heater cover its 20.8 mm screens.

howie105,

vinnyzan

Hey guys I'm not getting any vapor with WPA, transfer wand is working fine with the dial around 12 o'clock. When I use the shorty 14mm WPA that I bought it doesn't matter what heat setting I put it on I'm not getting anything. I packed it with a .2 normal grind... seems like it's way to far from heater and screen is at a fixed depth and not meant to be moved closer. Transfer wand goes inside heater as opposed to on top.

vinnyzan,

howie105

Hey guys I'm not getting any vapor with WPA, transfer wand is working fine with the dial around 12 o'clock. When I use the shorty 14mm WPA that I bought it doesn't matter what heat setting I put it on I'm not getting anything. I packed it with a .2 normal grind... seems like it's way to far from heater and screen is at a fixed depth and not meant to be moved closer. Transfer wand goes inside heater as opposed to on top.
Do you have a link or photo to the WPA you are using? Thanks

howie105,

howie105

Got you, unfortunately not an adapter I use. Perhaps trying this combo of parts will work better for you. You just replace the wand with the rimmed screen and male to male adapter combo. If you load the rimmed screen you will get around a .1 g load, or you can load the bowl with .2 g or more.

howie105,
Reactions: hoptimum

vinnyzan

Got you, unfortunately not an adapter I use. Perhaps trying this combo of parts will work better for you. You just replace the wand with the rimmed screen and male to male adapter combo. If you load the rimmed screen you will get around a .1 g load, or you can load the bowl with .2 g or more.
Thanks I'll definitely give this setup a shot. I googled rimmed basket screen and see them for sale a few places, where did you buy yours from ?

On a side note I would like to figure out how to use the WPA that I bought from elev8 ....I've seen people say they needed to adjust the depth of the heater rod. Any one know how you determine how much you need to pull it out if at all ?

I'm wondering why they didn't just make the WPA the same style as the transfer wand...that's a whole different discussion though. I already bought this and would like to get some use. Any one ever use the manufacturers WPA with any success? I don't think I'll have any luck returning this adapter so any help would be appreciated.

vinnyzan,

howie105

Thanks I'll definitely give this setup a shot. I googled rimmed basket screen and see them for sale a few places, where did you buy yours from ? That would probably be some guy from China selling them on Amazon.

howie105,
Reactions: vinnyzan

Gnome34

Thanks I'll definitely give this setup a shot. I googled rimmed basket screen and see them for sale a few places, where did you buy yours from ?

On a side note I would like to figure out how to use the WPA that I bought from elev8 ....I've seen people say they needed to adjust the depth of the heater rod. Any one know how you determine how much you need to pull it out if at all ?

I'm wondering why they didn't just make the WPA the same style as the transfer wand...that's a whole different discussion though. I already bought this and would like to get some use. Any one ever use the manufacturers WPA with any success? I don't think I'll have any luck returning this adapter so any help would be appreciated.
You may need to adjust the heater, later today I'll take a look and reply again regarding the heater.

Otherwise turn it up to about 2-3 o click and let sit for 5 minutes. Then long steady inhales. I'm guessing your heater is too low.

Gnome34,

vinnyzan

You may need to adjust the heater, later today I'll take a look and reply again regarding the heater.

Otherwise turn it up to about 2-3 o click and let sit for 5 minutes. Then long steady inhales. I'm guessing your heater is too low.
I took the ring off the top of vape so that the top part of the glass heater cover is exposed, with the ring removed I can put WPA right up against the ground glass inside the vape. It's working great like this.... With that ring on the top I can't seem to get any vapor.

I can see STD-1 on the heater, I saw some people say if you can see the dash your good.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: Gnome34

Gnome34

I took the ring off the top of vape so that the top part of the glass heater cover is exposed, with the ring removed I can put WPA right up against the ground glass inside the vape. It's working great like this.... With that ring on the top I can't seem to get any vapor.

I can see STD-1 on the heater, I saw some people say if you can see the dash your good.
Doh! I forgot about the metal cap/ring! Yes we took ours off on day one and haven't put it on since!

Gnome34,

simplywonderful

For the wand ELEV8 sells 14.8 mm screens and for the heater cover its 20.8 mm screens.
thank you very much I stole all the screens from the lsv package since they were working flawless with mighty :D
Doh! I forgot about the metal cap/ring! Yes we took ours off on day one and haven't put it on since!
is that little piece of insulation cloth from somewhere underneath the heating element important ?

simplywonderful,

Gnome34

thank you very much I stole all the screens from the lsv package since they were working flawless with mighty :D

is that little piece of insulation cloth from somewhere underneath the heating element important ?
I'm not seeing any insulation cloth on mine. Not sure!

Gnome34,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hello friends!
6 years or so ago, I had an LSV. After a few years, I sold it to a friend. It sat in his drawer for years, and eventually made it's way back to my brother.

My bro now uses the LSV exclusively and has used it to switch from combusting to vaping.

The issue is his LSV gets very hot. I've used that exact one before, and it never got that hot.

It sits on a glass table, not touching fabric, and laying down horizontal.

I know having it face upwards would help, but I had these same conditions, and it wasn't so hot.

Is it just a matter of moving the heater closer so I can use a lower temp? I think his temp is way higher than I used. If so, do I just slowly tug on the ceramic until it moves closer? Is there a general rule of thumb of where it should sit?

Thanks all :)

Top Bottom