Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Hippie

The element is connected to a 936D soldering iron controller for temp control so I did know the answer to that :) Can't remember how much now but temps are lower and it hits harder with the balls

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
You might want to get a stand for it...I used a stainless steel wine bottle holder from amazon for pretty cheap. Other than that, good on the WPA's, I've used mine with the LSV and the REFC Labs vape kit.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there a suggest stand people get or mostly DIY?

Alan actually makes a really nice wood LSV stand you should ask him about that when you are asking about HI etc! Also I don't know if you got the standard WPA, but I always prefer using a regular male to male joint with mine (also I never ended up getting a stand, I used thick rubber bands as heat shield when laid down on table lol) Enjoy!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Is there a suggest stand people get or mostly DIY?
Looking deep and digging back in the thread, you'll see some cool ones that people have made from wood and other materials. @Delta3DStudios used to sell one like this (I got a few for patients):
Untitled.jpg

You will see many inventions for LSV stands at:
I personally use the Bag it comes in. I lay it on the floor open, and sit the LSV in the fold.
It makes me feel extra safe having the hot vape closer to the ground... and the bag is thick and can handle the heat..

Finessseee

As much as I dig my new LSV. I think I’m gonna sell it + my Solo II and buy a TinyMight. I’m slowly, but surely learning that I prefer on demand convection vapes compares to session style vapes. I still keep reaching for my Bowle over my other devices.. LSV is awkward for me to use through water and a bit cumbersome / finicky. I’m underwhelmed and have buyers remorse, but hey you live and you lean right? Next buy will end up being the- insta heat / heat island by Alan, e-nano XL, or TinyMight!

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
As much as I dig my new LSV. I think I’m gonna sell it + my Solo II and buy a TinyMight. I’m slowly, but surely learning that I prefer on demand convection vapes compares to session style vapes. I still keep reaching for my Bowle over my other devices.. LSV is awkward for me to use through water and a bit cumbersome / finicky. I’m underwhelmed and have buyers remorse, but hey you live and you lean right? Next buy will end up being the- insta heat / heat island by Alan, e-nano XL, or TinyMight!
Why do you not try a Silver Surfer? It is always ready on demand. I try to push the SSV because you can leave it on all day long, even with an aroma top. The LSV is good, but I made that 14 years ago for portable when there was no portable. Now we make the SideKick for on the go, but the SSV is still the workhorse. I even have these reviewers say it is their workhorse, but you know, they just push what they get for free or they work with other companies. I don't know much about those vapes you mention, but I can tell you nothing touches the SSV. Wish you would have asked me if I like the LSV over the SSV first also. I love the LSV, I make it, but nothing is comparable to the value and efficiency of the SSV. And you can customize the shit out of it.

Finessseee

Why do you not try a Silver Surfer? It is always ready on demand. I try to push the SSV because you can leave it on all day long, even with an aroma top. The LSV is good, but I made that 14 years ago for portable when there was no portable. Now we make the SideKick for on the go, but the SSV is still the workhorse. I even have these reviewers say it is their workhorse, but you know, they just push what they get for free or they work with other companies. I don't know much about those vapes you mention, but I can tell you nothing touches the SSV. Wish you would have asked me if I like the LSV over the SSV first also. I love the LSV, I make it, but nothing is comparable to the value and efficiency of the SSV. And you can customize the shit out of it.
Whelp I scooped up some new buds and that definitely has made a difference lol I think I over hydrated my last pickup with raw hydrastones.. I do wish I snagged the SSV instead, I really wanted something different what was also easy to use thru water. Thanks for letting me know! I’ll have to consider the SSV, how does it compare to log vapes, cloud connoisseur, and tinymight?

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Whelp I scooped up some new buds and that definitely has made a difference lol I think I over hydrated my last pickup with raw hydrastones.. I do wish I snagged the SSV instead, I really wanted something different what was also easy to use thru water. Thanks for letting me know! I’ll have to consider the SSV, how does it compare to log vapes, cloud connoisseur, and tinymight?
Ya, the herb is a huge factor to the vape experience. NOTHING can do what the SSV does. NOTHING. Anyone that tells you differently is not about what is best over time and trying to sell you something. Me too I guess. But after 18 years here in the industry and Willie buying over 30 units from me and throwing out his volcano, I think that has a lot to say. Also, not one of the things you mention can also do dabs or diffuse. Also, the SSV can be as unique as you, and it is made by glassblowers. Thanks for hearing me out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ya, the herb is a huge factor to the vape experience. NOTHING can do what the SSV does. NOTHING. Anyone that tells you differently is not about what is best over time and trying to sell you something. Me too I guess. But after 18 years here in the industry and Willie buying over 30 units from me and throwing out his volcano, I think that has a lot to say.

The SSV is unique, and a classic, but please do not say that other members here with different opinions are trying to sell something... Many of us are enthusiasts, most of us, not retailers or manufacturers...

Also, not one of the things you mention can also do dabs or diffuse. Also, the SSV can be as unique as you, and it is made by glassblowers. Thanks for hearing me out!

Um, you just said above, that you hadn't even heard of some of the vapes he was mentioning, so why would you say this? Because it is wrong, logs cloud connoisseur and the TM can all do convection dabs and a log can especially diffuse aromatherapy...

I still hold my old LSV in high esteem, but I really think you should buy some top-tier portable vapes, maybe it can help you innovate more than the sidekick seemed to? We wanted that actual portable LSV!

Anyway we're not supposed to discuss other products, in a specific product thread, there's some gray area with SSV and LSV, but especially for comparisons of different manufacturers products @Finessseee you know where to go (AskFC) :tup:

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The SSV is unique, and a classic, but please do not say that other members here with different opinions are trying to sell something... Many of us are enthusiasts, most of us, not retailers or manufacturers...

Um, you just said above, that you hadn't even heard of some of the vapes he was mentioning, so why would you say this? Because it is wrong, logs cloud connoisseur and the TM can all do convection dabs and a log can especially diffuse aromatherapy...

I still hold my old LSV in high esteem, but I really think you should buy some top-tier portable vapes, maybe it can help you innovate more than the sidekick seemed to? We wanted that actual portable LSV!

Anyway we're not supposed to discuss other products, in a specific product thread, there's some gray area with SSV and LSV, but especially for comparisons of different manufacturers products @Finessseee you know where to go (AskFC) :tup:
ahh, well I guess so I am not talking bad about them. Sure, they can kinda do what the SSV does, but they can not do what it does. I only called out the so called reviewers, not you. The SideKick is still the leader in what a portable dry herb vape is. It works, it is easy to use, and the V2 is pretty solid man. A battery portable vape, and say a vape like the Elev8r are different. They are all different, but the SSV is king of them all. Customization and unique parts are our things. Trust me, I do not make what you want, I make what I crave. Yep, and making the LSV tiny tiny with solid battery life is not reality. At the time of the V1 the tech was not there for me to even use an 18650. My V3 will have a bowl 2.5 x larger than the SK v2 or v1. Trust me, I am doing my best with what I have. So while the vapes you mentioned can do dabs, they can NOT do dabs like traditional bangers. That is the way to really do dabs, and the quartz dab dish blows any enail out of the water also. What you mention can not do what the SSV does.

What top tier vapes do you think I should look at. I do not copy, so who? Crafty is a crusher, but for the price the SK is all over it for sure.

Finessseee

You right. You right. Realistically, I know what I want and have narrowed down my options already. I’ve learned from these experiences and even if the SSV is a beast, it’s not something I’m particularly looking for. The other options are going to suit me well. I’ll do my research and post on AskFC next time around!

hoptimum

ahh, well I guess so I am not talking bad about them. Sure, they can kinda do what the SSV does, but they can not do what it does. I only called out the so called reviewers, not you. The SideKick is still the leader in what a portable dry herb vape is. It works, it is easy to use, and the V2 is pretty solid man. A battery portable vape, and say a vape like the Elev8r are different. They are all different, but the SSV is king of them all. Customization and unique parts are our things. Trust me, I do not make what you want, I make what I crave. Yep, and making the LSV tiny tiny with solid battery life is not reality. At the time of the V1 the tech was not there for me to even use an 18650. My V3 will have a bowl 2.5 x larger than the SK v2 or v1. Trust me, I am doing my best with what I have. So while the vapes you mentioned can do dabs, they can NOT do dabs like traditional bangers. That is the way to really do dabs, and the quartz dab dish blows any enail out of the water also. What you mention can not do what the SSV does.

What top tier vapes do you think I should look at. I do not copy, so who? Crafty is a crusher, but for the price the SK is all over it for sure.

I think I've stumbled upon a workaround for the LSV being an unwieldy desktop vape. You've probably tried it.

I swapped the LSV heater cover into an SSV so I could use it with a J Hook via an 18mm male/14mm male adapter. Since I had the SSV glass on glass heater cover sitting around, I swapped it into the LSV by removing the top section. As a result, the modified LSV is much easier to handle, especially with a bubbler. And it hits like nobody's business.

Finessseee

I think I've stumbled upon a workaround for the LSV being an unwieldy desktop vape. You've probably tried it.

I swapped the LSV heater cover into an SSV so I could use it with a J Hook via an 18mm male/14mm male adapter. Since I had the SSV glass on glass heater cover sitting around, I swapped it into the LSV by removing the top section. As a result, the modified LSV is much easier to handle, especially with a bubbler. And it hits like nobody's business.

Damn maybe this would be worth looking into! Mine is a hassle to rip through water with the standard stock stems. I’ve read ppl also use the delta studios elbow pack for the arizer extreme Q. Wonder which is the best option..

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Nice, I would not recomend that as the manufacturer, as I feel the SSV is just so much safer with the heat source inside a nice desktop. But this is a great idea! Also, we can make any adapter you may need for the SSV, or any other vape. We are actual glassblowers!

You right. You right. Realistically, I know what I want and have narrowed down my options already. I’ve learned from these experiences and even if the SSV is a beast, it’s not something I’m particularly looking for. The other options are going to suit me well. I’ll do my research and post on AskFC next time around!
Right on, I get when you want what you want. I always wonder why someone would want anything other than the SSV, but yes, I am biased. Bult in the USA, does so much and is so unique, just nothing compares to it. Seems it takes so many other units just to do what the SSV does, and they still are not sexy like the SSV.

It's what you get out of a vape not what is said about it. Humm, maybe that's why I have so many bad vapes, launch box anyone?
The lunch box is good for its time in history. And yes you do get what you pay for to a point. There is no way you get more value from a volcano compared to a SSV, so that is a time when more money spent does not get you a more value-packed or better functioning device. I have yet to see any vape touch what the SSV can do for the price.

howie105

The lunch box is good for its time in history. And yes you do get what you pay for to a point. There is no way you get more value from a volcano compared to a SSV, so that is a time when more money spent does not get you a more value-packed or better functioning device. I have yet to see any vape touch what the SSV can do for the price.
The lunch box is good for its time in history... I understand that sentiment and hear that about my favorite 7th Floor vapes as well but its hard to convince a happy user that length of use and satisfaction needs to be changed.

And yes you do get what you pay for to a point. ... I never comment on what others choose to spend their money on, unless I am selling them something.

There is no way you get more value from a volcano compared to a SSV, so that is a time when more money spent does not get you a more value-packed or better functioning device. ... Never comment on a vape I have never used, so I accept your view on the Volcano.

I have yet to see any vape touch what the SSV can do for the price. ... and a proud pop you should be. Thanks

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There is no way you get more value from a volcano compared to a SSV, so that is a time when more money spent does not get you a more value-packed or better functioning device. I have yet to see any vape touch what the SSV can do for the price.

As you welll know, our manufacturer's rules state:

You can’t mention another company’s product unless it’s an informational post in response to a member question or incorrect statement, like “our design uses …, while the xyz design uses…”. Even there, you’d be better be absolutely certain that your statement about the other company’s design is 100% factual, and that your statement doesn’t imply in any way that your design is better.​
You have been posting repeatedly that the SSV is the best, but again I'm pretty sure you're aware that our motto has always been "There is no best vapourizer." As a manufacturer, you are supposed to adhere to a higher standard than regular members. A regular member would be corrected for claims about a so-called "best vape". A manufacturer who persisted would be given a warning point.

In fact, you have been given warning points for this before. Your next point will result in a permanent ban. It would be a shame if we had to ban the manufacturer of a device like the SSV, so I'm not giving you a point this time. This is your last chance, however.

Top Bottom