Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

Bazinga

Thinking of getting an induction heater for the DynaVap. Came across this thread and thought why not kill the proverbial 2 birds with 1 stone. With this wand device I was hoping to use both as a vape weed and as a IH. I haven’t found much about its effectiveness with flower. Anyone using the wand with flower?

scoobindedoob

Thinking of getting an induction heater for the DynaVap. Came across this thread and thought why not kill the proverbial 2 birds with 1 stone. With this wand device I was hoping to use both as a vape weed and as a IH. I haven’t found much about its effectiveness with flower. Anyone using the wand with flower?

The consensus is that the Wand is not very good at vaping flower. The included flower cups basically roast the outer rim of the flower to the point of combustion before the interior of the bowl cooks at all.

But it is a fantastic Dyna IH and it is good for dabs.

TangibleHangnail

New to dabbing and want to try using my Wand for it. I've heard that using a different carb cap will make a big improvement. Can someone give me a specific recommendation (the variety and price range seems to be huge!) Thanks!

TangibleHangnail,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
New to dabbing and want to try using my Wand for it. I've heard that using a different carb cap will make a big improvement.
I actually prefer the cap that comes with it, the reason a lot of users don't like it is that they think it is too airy. Just make sure to press it in until it locks into place for a good seal...
The consensus is that the Wand is not very good at vaping flower
You have to mod it to make it work well with herbs, I found good results using a stainless steel dosing cap from another vape.
The DabLamp is the only IH I have used that excels with both concentrate and herb straight out of the box and it uses what looks like a double-sized VapCap for holding the herb to do so.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Adobewan

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just noticed this white wire in between the coils and glass in my wand. Is this normal?

I just checked and mine and the glass was off-center too. I simply pushed it back to the center with my thumb.
Edit, if you mean just the wire, that is correct, it is a probe to stop the device from overheating.
:tup:

metalgearweedeater

Just received my ispire wand setup I ordered from vgoodiez. I was interested in a complementary concentrate device to my DTV 4.5, the dyna capability is obviously a plus. An issue I'm discovering is that my distillate is pretty runny and it's difficult to apply to the bowl without making a mess. When I do a cold start dab, I notice that distillate seems to be running down the stem of the bowl. Should I kick up the temp or increase the heat time? I've tried 350-450f.

metalgearweedeater,

Kreator87

Anyone else have a problem with the battery cover scratching the batteries? I got a new set of batteries and battery cover from Ispire, but it didn't change anything.

Kreator87,
  • Wow

badbee

Anyone else have a problem with the battery cover scratching the batteries? I got a new set of batteries and battery cover from Ispire, but it didn't change anything.
No, definitely not. Is it the little centering fins digging in? Do you have the ribbon wrapped under and then over the cells (just curious)? Maybe the cradle for the cells isn't quite as deep as it is supposed to be?

Kreator87

No, definitely not. Is it the little centering fins digging in? Do you have the ribbon wrapped under and then over the cells (just curious)? Maybe the cradle for the cells isn't quite as deep as it is supposed to be?
The pics will explain better than I can. I have tried with the ribbon underneath and on top and it seems to scratch either way. Now that you mentioned it, it seems that must be the issue. The cradle seats the batteries too high. The cover shouldn't be getting close enough to cause this scratching.

These pics show the battery damage and residue on the battery cover:

These pics show how high the batteries sit:

Kreator87,
Reactions: xamlord

TangibleHangnail

how do you know what temp to shoot for when dabbing with the included bowls? thx

TangibleHangnail,

badbee

The pics will explain better than I can. I have tried with the ribbon underneath and on top and it seems to scratch either way. Now that you mentioned it, it seems that must be the issue. The cradle seats the batteries too high. The cover shouldn't be getting close enough to cause this scratching.

These pics show the battery damage and residue on the battery cover:

These pics show how high the batteries sit:

I got mine out and held it at the same angle as the pics, it looks pretty much the same. Weird.

Kreator87

I got mine out and held it at the same angle as the pics, it looks pretty much the same. Weird.
Yeah that is weird. It must be the batteries sitting to high, maybe it is just a slight amount, but enough to cause the issue? The cover causing scratching like that has to be because the batteries are sitting too high, right?

Kreator87,

Kreator87

Try a different set of batteries if you can...most 18650 batteries are 18.25mm in diameter or smaller (some of the ones I just measured anyway).
I can try that, I just didn't want to damage more batteries. Especially since these are the ones that came with it.

Kreator87,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You could use a sharpie and colour-in near the affected area on the other batteries you might try and see if they rub before getting to the damage stage if you don't have calipers to measure them precisely.:tup:

badbee

Where is the damage, I couldn't see it in the photos. Can you locate the offending rough spot and just file it down a touch?

Kreator87

Where is the damage, I couldn't see it in the photos. Can you locate the offending rough spot and just file it down a touch?
In the first set of photos you should be able to see the scratches/scrapes and the residue on the battery cover. I reached out to them and they sent me another cover and it did the same thing, so it seems something is off with the unit.

Kreator87,

jbm

I got my unit from China cheap and had to provide my own batteries, Aspire would just be the battery wrap, it would only be a guess as to who actually made the batteries...maybe it is just their re-wrap causing the fat batt problem?
I bought mine from @VGOODIEZ and it came with the same batteries, which in my case have been working fine with no problems.

Top Bottom