• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, finally got my Wand after a few shipping issues (and a lost Wand, TY DHL!), yesterday the house was full of childs so I can't put it under testing before this morning.
It's charged (I did it yesterday), for my first bowl I didn't gave a look at the instructions and just let my senses to drive it, I noticed a reviewer said cold start dabs are tasting better with the Wand... so I throwed a decent sized dab, nothing crazy just a solid dab piece. Turned the device on, set T° at 500°F and start heating with the carb cap in place (the nice thing is you can keep that carb cap attached to the Wand, it can't fall out like that!). I didn't waited for the green light, when I saw a little fumes coming from the carb cap I started to hit my Orbiter, perfect taste and clouds, took 3 hits and swabbed the cup, there was a little more left over than usual so I guess I could take another hit or two (or increase the T°). I released the button between hits (even before the end of my draw since there is a lot of residual heat. I'm not certain but I believe I never hitted the green light for the entire session/dab... but I didn't took very large hits, when it comes to concentrate I don't like big cloudage&coughage... so I didn't hitted the button for long (I didn't timed but I believe it was a 7-9s heating time, first hit need more time 15s maybe, last hits need more heating time also). Battery jauge lost one bar, 3 rest... but more testing is needed in order to know the battery life.

I didn't tried the flowers though I already added a screen on the bottom of my flowers bowl to avoid the @bkkbob issue with flowers going in the bang, I don't understand why they didn't included this screens. Though I inserted a ss screen but I believe a glass screen would be better, mines are too big and don't fit.

For dabbing I'm pretty happy with this Wand but more testing is needed. Temperature seems very accurate I get exactly the same taste I have with my enail set at same temp, 2nd dab I used 510 and the little bump was also noticeable. I'm trying to refrain myself to be too much excited about a device since I know that "honey-moon effect" but I can say this Wand is a very good surprise and produces awesome taste!

The tripod doesn't interest me cause the strange looking design in use, I'm not so much versed in aesthetic vaping but here it's too much "functionnal" and I prefer the hassle of handling the Wand... but it's definitively annoying sometime.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder what the ABV would look like. On another one of his videos you can see red hot embers getting sucked through into the bong water, I also read in his comments on another clip where he was asked if a VapCap would work in it and he did not know what a VapCap was.:2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I tried flowers and it's far to be what we are looking for, you can choose between concentrates or loose-leaf, when you switch on loose-leaf you only get 4 heating levels option, at best with lower levels you can get a pretty decent conduction hits, level 3 and 4 gave me charred taste although I had black bits only close of the screen I added in the flower bowls so it may be better with a glass screen or ceramic , it may have some potential but the way they built it it will not... a friend said if they made it with a built in glass screen in the bottom and the metal on the top (like a plug after filled) rather than around it may work like expected. With flowers I don't use the provided carb cap but a vortex disc carb cap like Divine tribe sell cause the stock one is too long for flowers and touch the load, despite to be nice for wax it's not nice for flowers, and I don't want to get flowers bits on my carb cap!

The bowls 'flowers&concentrates) are very fragile, I believe they used very thin glass cause it heat faster and since there is metal encapsuled in it, looks very breakable but still not broke anything..
Battery life is rather short, 5 or 6 dabs per charge although I'm taking 3-5 hits per dab.

Tried a VapCap, yes it heats the Cap, but a dedicaced induction heater works better imo!

I still appreciate it for dabbing at 500-530°F, tasty!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Tried a VapCap, yes it heats the Cap, but a dedicaced induction heater works better imo!
Thanks for the update @PPN, sounds like it might have some promise for concentrates but is on par with the switch with flower mode...not really good!
When you tried with a VapCap did you have the Wand on its highest or lowest setting...or what as my homemade 2x18650 powered IH works great for me (I like it more than my store-bought unit)?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
To be honnest I didn't tried to vape a bowl, I just put the wand on my old M2017, it was on flowers mode level2 (4 is max), I heat it for a few seconds and cap didn't clicked but it was very hot, I bet some more seconds will do the trick. I'm convinced there is enough power to use the VapCap but , since the large coil it's not easy to keep it centered, maybe with an additionnal glass sleeve .

Although I'm loading my new Vong (amazing little device btw) in order to give you a true reply with facts... wait a minute please... the Vong doesn't work, it doesn't heat up at all... but the M works... but it's definitively longer than with my IH(12-15s for a clic) although the heat looks like more consistent, the Wand is set at level3 here and clouds are bigger than usual. The clic doesn't work if you insert it too much. I believe the Vong use Ti, this is maybe why it doesn't work.

I tried a M's bowl using concentrate mode, temp set at 590°F, heating time was similar, maybe slightly shorter. I don't get any other VapCap to test, just the older and the newer, nothing else in-between.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@PPN - thank you for confirming the iSpire works with the VC. I was wondering if it would recognize the VC as a load/workpiece.

Your older cap draws more power from the IH. It will take full power for the VONG. It is the nature of the newer caps that makes them different rather than the tip material. 90% of the energy goes into the cap. The rest of the tip's heating happens through conduction and radiation to the tip. Very effective.

If I could be inquisitive once more - what is the approximate outside diameter of the glass?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it's definitively longer than with my IH(12-15s for a clic) although the heat looks like more consistent,
I find the same thing with a slower to the click IH, my homemade unit takes around the 12 to 15 second mark (depends on battery level) and is my favourite way to use my WS cigar stem.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Your older cap draws more power from the IH. It will take full power for the VONG. It is the nature of the newer caps that makes them different rather than the tip material. 90% of the energy goes into the cap. The rest of the tip's heating happens through conduction and radiation to the tip. Very effective.
Please I don't understand everything... I said the Vong didn't work cause using concentrate mode I activated the Wand for more of 10s until I had the "no load" message, I touched the Cap and it was cold, in loose-leaf mode the Vong stayed cool to the touch no heat up at all.... Although I agree I got very nice hits with the Vong with micro-dosing set, tastier than the old M2017 and more visible vapor although I'm disappointed about the "Captive Cap", it's not captive at all with my Vong, the Cap tend to slip down, yes it doesn't fall but if you don't notice it and don't draw very hard, it stays like that resulting in a poor hit. A strong beginning draw replace it, or if you use it inverted on a waterpipe. Sorry I derail... please @TommyDee could you send me by pm a link or something else about that new tip&cap technology... I didn't understood all the explanations you gave me...

The ring size of the Wand is 22mm, the bowl is 20mm.

"I find the same thing with a slower to the click IH, my homemade unit takes around the 12 to 15 second mark (depends on battery level) and is my favourite way to use my WS cigar stem." @LesPlenty , yes I noticed that using my M and a cheap vape (called Ald Amaze), I set the vape low enough to not activate the clic and got amazing low temp hits if I let it enough heat soak time, in regard to that aspect, yes you can achieve thicker&bigger low temp hit with the Wand + VapCap.

Last edited:

HíDefEgöDeath

I want to pull the trigger and put my order in sooo bad. I was really hoping I would be able to use this as my primary method of taking dabs. It just seems that there are still some issues that need to be addressed though. I've watched many youtube videos with that. Also was truly hoping it would be possible to order the "pro" kit that all the reviewers had shown with the adjustable tripod stand for the wand. It would absolutely make the use of it much user friendly. Once some of these issues are addressed I will be without a doubt ordering multiple units. If your no longer selling the "pro" kit maybe you could sell the stand as an accessory, as I am sure there are countless others that would purchase a "pro" kit or the stand by itself. Looking forward to when I can make some magic with my wand. ✌️

PPN

Volute of Vapor
For dabbing it's nice and pleasant to use, a friend which was dabbing years before I begun to vape wasn't impressed and said " it's not better than a torch" but I'm not thinking like him, personnaly I never ended to use a torch well, too hot, not enough, not enough butane, torch failing,... there was always something going wrong and I gave up... I know it's a matter of experience and quality tools but when I discovered enails I never get back to torch since I found the smoothness of the enails hits incomparably better!

Handle your bowls with care, I managed to not break anything but I didn't expect them to be able to survive to a drop on concrete. By the way @bkkbob , keep the metal "susceptor" which was in your broken nail, if you slip it it between an insert and the Wand's bowl you may be able to find a DIY fix for your broken nail...

I now hope they will work on insert or new thicker bowls... btw is somebody know the diameter and length of the DrDabber Switch Sapphire/sic insert, maybe it could fit the Wand's nail (Wand's nail ID is 10mm although Im'not sure (I haven't a caliper) but the bottom looks less wide...

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
For dabbing it's nice and pleasant to use, a friend which was dabbing years before I begun to vape wasn't impressed and said " it's not better than a torch" but I'm not thinking like him, personnaly I never ended to use a torch well, too hot, not enough, not enough butane, torch failing,... there was always something going wrong and I gave up... I know it's a matter of experience and quality tools but when I discovered enails I never get back to torch since I found the smoothness of the enails hits incomparably better!

Handle your bowls with care, I managed to not break anything but I didn't expect them to be able to survive to a drop on concrete. By the way @bkkbob , keep the metal "susceptor" which was in your broken nail, if you slip it it between an insert and the Wand's bowl you may be able to find a DIY fix for your broken nail...

I now hope they will work on insert or new thicker bowls... btw is somebody know the diameter and length of the DrDabber Switch Sapphire/sic insert, maybe it could fit the Wand's nail (Wand's nail ID is 10mm although Im'not sure (I haven't a caliper) but the bottom looks less wide...
Liam is sending me a replacement but thanks. I found the flower works somewhat okay without a screen if you use the bent banger, but it's definitely not an ideal experience. I think they need a glass screen and a different carb cap as you suggested. It's a first-generation product and Aspire has been in the E-cig business for years, they seem committed to making this work. I think this will be tweaked until it performs very well for both, and I think they are committed to entering this market (maybe partially due to the PACT act), but I'm pretty certain the Wand will ultimately be a very good product, and any subsequent products will take into account everything they learn from the Wand. I am very excited to see how they tweak it, and also what comes next. This is definitely one to watch.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Liam is sending me a replacement
So your unit was defective, things like that may happen, especially when it's a new release.

Even with the bent banger you can't avoid to get herb species going through in the water, knowing how much it may be a pia to remove this small bits I don't want them going in the water at all! But maybe it was designed for ungrounded flowers....

I gave it another try with a screen in the bottom (yes I can't stand with the idea to give it a try without) and another (a HR fury caps cap in fact) on the top in the idea this is will bring some convection... it was'n't and it just added some conduction. staying at level 1 for the entire session I still got the charred taste and top and bottom was blackened (close of the stainless steel screens I added) although the middle was still pretty lightly vaped. Took 4 or 5 hits. Although I did a lot of very satisfying 500°F dabs.

Hi, @bkkbob , you mean Ispire...:wave:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
So your unit was defective, things like that may happen, especially when it's a new release.

Even with the bent banger you can't avoid to get herb species going through in the water, knowing how much it may be a pia to remove this small bits I don't want them going in the water at all! But maybe it was designed for ungrounded flowers....

I gave it another try with a screen in the bottom (yes I can't stand with the idea to give it a try without) and another (a HR fury caps cap in fact) on the top in the idea this is will bring some convection... it was'n't and it just added some conduction. staying at level 1 for the entire session I still got the charred taste and top and bottom was blackened (close of the stainless steel screens I added) although the middle was still pretty lightly vaped. Took 4 or 5 hits. Although I did a lot of very satisfying 500°F dabs.

Hi, @bkkbob , you mean Ispire...:wave:
Ispire is a division of a big Ecig company called Aspire. It wasn't defective, he's charging me for the parts, Our unit was also missing the manual so he'll include that as well. I am also struggling with flower. Dabs I have down now too. Did you try the curved banger, It's not ideal but you can put a small basket screen in the actual 14 mm connection and you'll have no seepage in the water but you still won't vape it all. It's definitely not an ideal solution. Aspire is what gives me the most confidence in Ispire. They have been a player in Ecigs for a long time. I think they will invest far more than the other Ecig company that made a pretty good device recently. They definitely have much more to work with.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Ok, I didn't know that, thank you for sharing about the Aspire/Ispire connection although we are not speaking of the Aspire computer brand's name, isn't it?No
Not Aspire computers, Aspire Vapes https://www.aspirecig.com/ they are a fairly large player in that industry I believe. They should have the tech and know-how to quickly resolve any issues and rapidly develop new products. It looks like this may be the evolution of the US market, so I think they are taking this quite seriously,

HARMONiCS

Hi, 1st post here as I received my Wand yesterday :rofl:

Just a bit confused because I did not receive any instructions in the box...
Then I saw my unit has a leaf / oil switch on the front that I didn't noticed in youtube videos.

I've had good results with concentrate, the taste is very nice and clean, I'm no expert at all but the taste is definitely better than with my dr dabber switch (qwartz / smooth ceramic inserts).
One thing I don't understand though....When I use auto mode, the device never stops blinking....It blinks until it displays a specific message...I can't remember exactly but it's like a timeout error (maybe after 40/50s of heating).
It seems to heat quickly since I see vapor after 10s or so so I don't understand why it doesn't stop heating at some point.
I tried to vape buds, nice cloud but it tastes like combustion even on the lowest setting so not a big fan...I'll use it from times to times I think and I'll also try it with hash since that's usually what I have available other than concentrates.
Sorry for my bad english ;)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Maybe with a DrDabber Switch SiC set up?
Yes I thought about that option but I can't find the size of the Switch sic cup...

I never tried the DrDabber Switch but I agree with @HARMONiCS about the awesome taste, the 2 first pulls are AMAZING!! Even better than my DTV4+sic cup although the clouds production is a bit less than the Matt's device!

For infos I increased my dabbing t° with the Wand, I use it at 530 cause there was too much leftovers at 500, taste is fantastic! I use the DTV4 at 410°F (but it's not an accurate temp), sligthly less terpy but smoother than the Wand (which is pretty smooth although), thanks to Sic and crazy cloudage. Sorry for the comparisons.

A very enjoyable device! The carbcap is nice and stays in place. Looks like a solid building quality, my 9 months little girl tried to grab it from the garden table (70cm), the Wand hitted the concrete by the batteries compartment side, the lid came off on a corner but everything is safe and working well, good new!

Top Bottom