Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

Improvaper

I got mine today. A few things you should all be aware of:

It no longer comes with the dry herb insert. There are now 2 concentrate inserts. The dry herb versions are available as optional accessories. I have some issue with this considering every review video out there shows the dry herb bucket and usage. But I am still working this out with them. If you look at their site wording now, they have obviously moved the marketing away from dry herb usage.

I was not expecting good dry herb performance at all, but I did have some DIY plans for that bucket. I've been offered 10% off, which I'm not real thrilled with. But that's where we're at with it.

As a dabber, it's decent. The temperatures seem to be programmed heat times only, unless I'm missing something. Heat a bowl up to 800, for example, and then immediately heat it up again and the heat cycle is the same length. It does not sense temp at all. I didn't expect it to, but I just want that to be clear to others as well. But it is consistent and tasty.

As a Dynavap heater, it's excellent. And I'm having tons of fun with it as my only portable IH thus far has been DIY with a separate battery pack that is klunky af to use. Performs better than that thing as well, so I'm pleased overall. Just not crazy about the whole marketing shift between review units and shipped units and expecting the user/purchaser to catch the change.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
<snip>

As a dabber, it's decent. The temperatures seem to be programmed heat times only, unless I'm missing something. Heat a bowl up to 800, for example, and then immediately heat it up again and the heat cycle is the same length. It does not sense temp at all. I didn't expect it to, but I just want that to be clear to others as well. But it is consistent and tasty.
</snip>
That is sad news. I hoped someone finally broke that barrier. I assumed a PID as their performance assurances really push the temp gauge. Just a gimmick?

TommyDee,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got mine today. A few things you should all be aware of:

It no longer comes with the dry herb insert. There are now 2 concentrate inserts. The dry herb versions are available as optional accessories. I have some issue with this considering every review video out there shows the dry herb bucket and usage. But I am still working this out with them. If you look at their site wording now, they have obviously moved the marketing away from dry herb usage.

I was not expecting good dry herb performance at all, but I did have some DIY plans for that bucket. I've been offered 10% off, which I'm not real thrilled with. But that's where we're at with it.

As a Dynavap heater, it's excellent. And I'm having tons of fun with it as my only portable IH thus far has been DIY with a separate battery pack that is klunky af to use. Performs better than that thing as well, so I'm pleased overall. Just not crazy about the whole marketing shift between review units and shipped units and expecting the user/purchaser to catch the change.
I don't think it's programmed heat time only, maybe it's a sort of power controlled regulation to match a temp. If I set mine at 510, after a few good hits, I can't get more vapor even if I continue to heat for long... until I increase temp at 530 where clouds re-appearing again.

How did you know the heat cycle length? I didn't got any instructions, like I said I heat up my banger (Wand is pulsing red) for 10-15s and begun to hit it, if I feel the need I continue to press the button but if I feel the banger to be already hot enough I release it. I never noticed another light sequence, only red pulse. Maybe I'm not using it like they designed it but the taste is very good and clouds are big enough for me.

It's a good move to remove the dry herb banger, it looks like the only manufacturer able to get a well working induction based system to vaporize flowers is DynaVap. I remenber the Lotolab Lux dry herb caps... a fail, the Switch flowers bowls doesn't taste great (from my reading here) and the Wand doesn't taste great also.
Hi @Improvaper if you are in Europe I can send you one of my flower bowl... let me know?

SpacelyJetson

Well mine is slated to arrive Tuesday
Seeing that the dry herb bucket is not included is a bit of a disappointment. I dont care if it's not up to par, I still wanted to try it.
So that's a blower...Can it be purchased somewhere?

Last edited:

Gdash

Well mine is slated to arrive Tuesday
Seeing that the dry herb bucket is not included is a bit of a disappointment. I dont care if it's not up to par, I still wanted to try it.
So that's a blower...Can it be purchased somewhere?

Mine is also scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Buckets can be purchased on their website for $29. Did you purchase it on grasscity? Hoping that maybe they have the older stock and send the ones with the flower buckets but not really holding my breath.

HARMONiCS

Personally I set the wand at 450 for the first draw...When the red light stops blinking (and that's more after 30 sec at least) I stop auto mode and take off the wand...then I put my concentrate without the wand on the banger because I think the airflow is much better that way...and it gives a thick first draw.

Which banger do you use with concentrates ? I can't see any difference between the two except the hole at the bottom... one seems to be bigger than the other.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Personally I set the wand at 450 for the first draw...When the red light stops blinking (and that's more after 30 sec at least) I stop auto mode and take off the wand...then I put my concentrate without the wand on the banger because I think the airflow is much better that way...and it gives a thick first draw.

Which banger do you use with concentrates ? I can't see any difference between the two except the hole at the bottom... one seems to be bigger than the other.
Thank you about to notice the light stops to blink when the temp is reached, I'm not patient enough! I get very satisfying hits using it without to consider that light. Even if I appreciate occasionnals high temp sessions with flowers (not with the Wand) when it comes to concentrates I'm focused about to get, in order of priority, a smooth hit, a tasty hit and some clouds.
Is the +30s heat up doesn't produce some harsh hits? With mine I decided a 15s initial heat up is enough since there is already a lot of vapor escaping from the carb cap top and I don't like to waste the precious terps :D

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hoping that maybe they have the older stock and send the ones with the flower buckets but not really holding my breath.
The full kit including the pelican case and tripod has been the only pack advertised as coming with the herb chamber...look at this listing for example, it says The Wand Dab Kit...nothing about dry herb,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Thank you about to notice the light stops to blink when the temp is reached, I'm not patient enough! I get very satisfying hits using it without to consider that light. Even if I appreciate occasionnals high temp sessions with flowers (not with the Wand) when it comes to concentrates I'm focused about to get, in order of priority, a smooth hit, a tasty hit and some clouds.
Is the +30s heat up doesn't produce some harsh hits? With mine I decided a 15s initial heat up is enough since there is already a lot of vapor escaping from the carb cap top and I don't like to waste the precious terps :D
Can you start the hit then while it is still heating?

Gdash

The full kit including the pelican case and tripod has been the only pack advertised as coming with the herb chamber...look at this listing for example, it says The Wand Dab Kit...nothing about dry herb,

I didn't buy the one from Sourcemore but the grasscity listing is exactly the same, no mention of flower. The official website says the bottomless cup is for flower and the bottomed cup is for flower & concentrates so, according to the manufacturer either cup works with flower. I'll test it out Tuesday when I get my wand.

HARMONiCS

You're welcome .....I also think that 30s+ is a bit too long to wait for the goodness ;)
No harshness since I usually stick around 450 but you're right it may be a little less terpy that way....I only have medium quality rosin so the terps are not so precious here unfortunately. However I noticed that when I keep the wand in position and never stop the heating I have more residue in my insert....so I tend to think that it might overcook a little my material. So when the light is fixed I press the button to stop, then remove the wand and take a first draw. I raise a little temp and use manual mode for further draws...I also enjoy this method for cold starts.

Improvaper

Here's a video of dyna use (with a little d8 twax in there). Ti tip. I have some dab videos but I'm getting better and better with it so I'll post that soon. Suffice to say I really like it for dyna and I just got what I consider to be the perfect cold start dab off it just now. Overall, very pleased.

Gdash

Just got my wand, super fast shipping from Grasscity. Can confirm, no bottomless cup in the kit but, it did come with 2 batteries which I wasn't expecting.

First impression using the bottomed cup with flower on the lowest setting; underwhelming to say the least. I got very little vapor and the herb began cooking but the results were poor. I feel like ramping up the temp will just combust your flower. While the manufacturer says it can combust or vape flower I honestly don't want to try combustion. Maybe the bottomless cup works better but as is, I'm not going to be tinkering with it for flower using their cups.

Next I tried a DynaVap TI tip and WPA thanks to the poster above. I was surprised at how well it performed. I started getting huge thick clouds that I was not expecting and I honestly thought I had combusted. Checked the cap and I was still good so, I heated it up again and was able to clear the bowl to full extraction and dark roasty abv. I got above average results on my first try and I can't even imagine how well this is going to do once I start playing with it and using my many multiple DV devices and accessories.

Will be trying concentrates later today but with the results I'm getting on the DV, I can say that I don't regret the purchase. Disappointed with the stock flower option but dang it if the DV doesn't make up for it.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Here it is for just over a hundred,
Ispire The Wand Dab Kit Special Offer

Buy 1 Kit Get 1 Banger and 1 Banger Cup for FREE
$101.99 with coupon code THEW
(Shipping Cost Not Included)
*Retail orders only, random models for the free accessories if not
specified when placing order
Ordered one... thanks!

So much for the "free worldwide shipping", tho... (wtf?) Cost $12 to ship to Mass... but the extra stuff and price still (hopefully) makes it cheap enough fun... the positive Dyna usage reports sold me, and if it works well for portable dabs... bonus!

Edit: after exchange rate shenanigans, the total for just a Wand kit ended up being $118 delivered to MA... not that bad...

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sourcemore actually had the unit for US$97 with the code and free shipping last week but like others have just put the retail price up US$5 and added a shipping charge. (I should have jumped on it last week but just don't need the unit)

Skinku

I can get this for $100 delivered through Sourcemore, I’ve used them half a dozen times before with no complaints.
Having watched what I assume to be @Improvaper’s second video I am tempted, I don’t dab I just want to give my DVs as much fun as I can and that looks fun.
*edit* My finger slipped. Fun incoming.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can you start the hit then while it is still heating?
Sure, you can, personnaly I have difficulties to see the blinking red light (I don't dab in the dark:)), so I just try a test puff after 15s when some vapor raise up from the carb cap (some concentrates need a few seconds more). I agree I slightly underestimate tthe pre-heat time, after 10s there is no vapor (or so thin) but after 15s you can get amazing low temp hits, subsequents hits doesn't need 15s again but more between 8-12s (still without giving a single look at the red light). Always doing cold start dab, always the carb cap on.

I really feel some difference after a 15s pre-heat with the T° set at 500 and with the same 15s pre-heat time with T° set at 530. Imo the T° control feature is not only based on duration but I believe you are increasing the power while increasing the T° (like the Legend by Lotolabs) although I agree there is probably no sensor but I can't see how it's possible with induction unit since the sensor would be on the banger...

Top Bottom