Insta Heat (aka iHeat)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here is another Insta Heat unit I made recently. It is made from a banksia pod which required me to use a glass insert held in place with a silicone sleeve. The bottom cap and roasting tube are made from blood wood.

banksiapodbloodwoodih.jpg

Finally decided to try for myself an idea that I gave to @Bravesst for the Lil' Bud about lining the coil cavity with ss foil. It works quite well. More of the watts are going to heat the air rather than heat the wood body. I will be making all new Insta Heats with a ss foil liner in the coil cavity. It is a great advancement in the design.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How does this differ from the splinter?

No glass in iHeat, it has steel foil between wood and steel mesh heater (which is also different, here in a coil shape without any insulators) so it is a bit narrower yet a bit taller than my SplinterV2 (which also is produced in China, but there are US made Splinter versions too, like my SplinterZ)

I actually use my Splinters much more than my iHeat, they both are instant on demand pure convection using a glass or wood stem, the iHeat may be a little more instant without insulators in the heater, but honestly it feels pretty negligable...

Both work great with TC profiles on my DNA mod and with wattage on my others, while the Splinter seems to extract a bit more evenly for me, though that is largely depending on draw-- iHeat has a more open airflow with 3 large intake holes, while Splinters have 2 smaller intake holes (there are also 4 hole high flow versions available) which help regulate your draw a little better, possibly adding to the consistency in extraction... The draw is still not restricted in either vape, wide open for full convection to sip or rip

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Recently finished assembling some Insta Heat bases. It is by far the most challenging thing that I make. Some have wondered why the cost on the base unit is more than the top/heater part. Here is a photo of the parts needed to assemble the base unit. Everything must fit within a 1" diameter x 1" tall cylinder within the base. Not an easy thing to do, but worth it.

iheatbaseparts.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Hopefully, I’m not too late to the game...

Alan got back to me!
This will be my first 510 style device.
Fucking stoked!

You've made a fine choice!

By the way this thread, is for the version that can also connect to become a desktop on demand log...

The version that is just to be a portable connected to 510 box mods, has its own thread here that has much more content within it:

oh and Welcome to FC! :tup:

BakedDiogenes

You've made a fine choice!

By the way this thread, is for the version that can also connect to become a desktop on demand log...

The version that is just to be a portable connected to 510 box mods, has its own thread here that has much more content within it:

oh and Welcome to FC! :tup:
Yea, I’m looking forward to trying this out.
This will be my first 510 attachment. Any recommendations on inexpensive, but reliable box mods? From reading through threads, wattage mode seems to be all I really need, but I know shit about box mods.
Part of the reason I emailed Alan as soon as I found out about it (obviously way behind the pack here), is the dual nature.

Shit Snacks

Yea, I’m looking forward to trying this out.
This will be my first 510 attachment. Any recommendations on inexpensive, but reliable box mods? From reading through threads, wattage mode seems to be all I really need, but I know shit about box mods.
Part of the reason I emailed Alan as soon as I found out about it (obviously way behind the pack here), is the dual nature.

Yeah that is why I linked the other thread, that's where people talk about which box mods they are using! There are plenty of recommendations if you skim through, and temp control is actually pretty great with the iHeat! I'm not sure exactly what mods, how much and where, are available now though...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom