• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Insta Heat (aka iHeat)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So the base is only power controlled and no T° control like with TC mode with a mod... isn't it?

Very, very satisfied with this vape combined with my Evic mini and some VTC4's, It's my daily driver now and the most used vape of my arsenal but I had some mitiged beginnings, there is a learning curve, at least for me.

It's the closer vape of a joint experience i have, you can take a puff or two and put it back on the desk. I rotate the stem every hit or two and stir once for a load (not really in fact I only pack it slightly with my finger cause I was annoyed to spill).

With my settings I get a very dense and flavorfull vapor in a 10s rip, taste fade a bit after a few hits... but i like medium to hot t°!

I use it mainly dry but I enjoy a few loads through water too. Yesterday I got a nice session with my atomic bubbler and some pretty decent moroccan hasch.... cloud city and the nose on the plate!

little maggie

So the base is only power controlled and no T° control like with TC mode with a mod... isn't it?

Very, very satisfied with this vape combined with my Evic mini and some VTC4's, It's my daily driver now and the most used vape of my arsenal but I had some mitiged beginnings, there is a learning curve, at least for me.

It's the closer vape of a joint experience i have, you can take a puff or two and put it back on the desk. I rotate the stem every hit or two and stir once for a load (not really in fact I only pack it slightly with my finger cause I was annoyed to spill).

With my settings I get a very dense and flavorfull vapor in a 10s rip, taste fade a bit after a few hits... but i like medium to hot t°!

I use it mainly dry but I enjoy a few loads through water too. Yesterday I got a nice session with my atomic bubbler and some pretty decent moroccan hasch.... cloud city and the nose on the plate!
I was wondering if it would work with my wismec and I think you answered my question. I hope that at some point someone will post the best settings for the box mod. The splinter seems to use watts and the tubo tc mode. I'd like to know about the iheat.
I think I'm only a few months away from getting one and am getting pretty excited. From the pictures it looks beautiful.

little maggie,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
TC mode works for the I-Heat but it seems it doesn't with some mods. Personnaly I use TCR 280, 30W at 370-410°F with great success on my Evic mini but some guys reported they combusted using this settings with other mods like the Smoant...

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Good to see you again bOObs. Hope all has been well with you. I see that you found my latest vaporizer design. It is quite amazing. Also 12 volt input like the HI, but it requires at least 8 amps. Heat is only produced when you push the button, so the wood stays cool to the touch. It is very efficient.
Have been making wooden roasting tubes with an 18mm taper which fit nicely into any 18mm female fitting. The cartridge will fit onto most battery powered mod boxes, so it is a portable too.
Looking forward to seeing you around again.
holy balls, i've been away too long!!!! so many new magical stuff. anyone got a good video of this working!!!!

boon

TC mode works for the I-Heat but it seems it doesn't with some mods. Personnaly I use TCR 280, 30W at 370-410°F with great success on my Evic mini but some guys reported they combusted using this settings with other mods like the Smoant...

I've got a hot spot but never combust with my Charon TC 218.
i've a long lurning curve but Thanks to @SloJimFizz after his post i tried Ni even Ti TC setting
My sweetspot is a TCR value on 0.00670 with my 13 mm glass roasting tube temp at 200° -240 °c range , 28-32w but 30 w seems the best to me i stir 2 time to kill the load.
Still testing with 18mm stem.
It's already my dailydriver so easy to take a toke :clap:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is somebody can give us the equivalence on the TCR values? @boon mention a TCR value of 0.00670 and I don't know how to convert this number for my Evic Mini... and I want to test it!

PPN,
Reactions: BigJr48

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Wanted to share a photo of a flame box elder and red heart wood Insta Heat unit from my most recent batch. The roasting tube is made from the same piece of flame box elder wood. Will try to get some more photos posted.

flameboxelderredheartih.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks @Copacetic @ZC @Zow237 and @Diggy Smalls

Here is another I made recently. It is leopard wood w/ an amboyna burl bottom cap. A real stunner.

leopardwoodih01-1.jpg

leopardwoodih01-2.jpg

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get any email replies from the person for whom I made it, so I'm hoping they will see this post and get ahold of me. Otherwise, this unit will become available for sale to anyone that is interested. Hate to do it this way, but have no other choice.

little maggie

Wanted to share a photo of a flame box elder and red heart wood Insta Heat unit from my most recent batch. The roasting tube is made from the same piece of flame box elder wood. Will try to get some more photos posted.

flameboxelderredheartih.jpg

I love my HI. It's the most beautiful log I've seen. But this design is amazing. Can't wait to get on the actual batch list.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother

Here is another I made recently. It is leopard wood w/ an amboyna burl bottom cap. A real stunner.

leopardwoodih01-1.jpg

leopardwoodih01-2.jpg

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get any email replies from the person for whom I made it, so I'm hoping they will see this post and get ahold of me. Otherwise, this unit will become available for sale to anyone that is interested. Hate to do it this way, but have no other choice.
I'd be willing to take her off of your hands.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising

leopardwoodih01-1.jpg

leopardwoodih01-2.jpg

Wow! What a stunner ! Lovely bookmatch of the two sections , Alan!

KingSol

The top of the unit unscrews and has a standard 510 connection so it can be used with the base unit or a box mod.
Sorry, that part is definitely understood. I meant could you use it without the variable voltage adapter like you can with a log vape. I personally have never used a log vape with the vv adapter, just straight from the outlet. Wondering if you can do the same thing with this and if so how good does it work?

KingSol,

ZC

No, you need a voltage regulator. The heater is totally different than a log vape and needs to be run much closer to 4v with 9A or so, so you can't plug it directly into the 12v power supply.

Using the IH is a lot closer to using like a zion, milaana, lil bud, etc than a log vape.

KingSol

No, you need a voltage regulator. The heater is totally different than a log vape and needs to be run much closer to 4v with 9A or so, so you can't plug it directly into the 12v power supply.

Using the IH is a lot closer to using like a zion, milaana, lil bud, etc than a log vape.
Thanks, I really despise those vv adapters. Could never move around without changing the dial.

KingSol,

ZC

You won't have that experience with the iHeat. The voltage regulator is built into the unit which also has the fire button. The voltage adjustment is a dial on the bottom of the unit which is IMPOSSIBLE to adjust by accident. I leave mine at a hair past 50% and never touch it, and it has never changed on me. You just "set it and forget it."

It is not like the in-line vvps units you're used to with log vapes.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I would like to get a base for my iheat cartridge eventually. It's so light and small, and the base seems to basically double the height of the unit, which to me is still super tiny. I love the set it and forget it heat adjustment, and I will love being able to use it on a box mod or plugged into the base.

Top Bottom