• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Insta Heat (aka iHeat)

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
So turns out I am one lucky guy.

I reached out to Alan for an IH at turns out he had a beautiful unit on hand that the buyer backed out of. Not my first choice of wood, but after receiving it I would have gone with this scheme every time.

I haven't gotten to use it yet, so this is a more of an excited to share post!
Green Spalted Holly

Last edited:

BakedDiogenes

So turns out I am one lucky guy.

I reached out to Alan for an IH at turns out he had a beautiful unit on hand that the buyer backed out of. Not my first choice of wood, but after receiving it I would have gone with this scheme every time.

I haven't gotten to use it yet, so this is a more of an excited to share post!
Green Spalted Holly

Holy (Holly) hell! That’s an awesome color. 😍 I wonder what it will age to? Congrats.

NimChimpsky

@Zillacon the color and grain on that wood are amazing.. like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Can't wait for my name to be called for a custom, who could give that one up?!

Meanwhile I just broke in my first vape by Alan. Cherry unit with the curly koa stem that both look great. Really impressed so far with the performance as well. My first shot at TCR didnt seem successful and will surely attempt again later but works so well in watts I'm already super pleased.

GoldenBud

@Zillacon the color and grain on that wood are amazing.. like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Can't wait for my name to be called for a custom, who could give that one up?!

Meanwhile I just broke in my first vape by Alan. Cherry unit with the curly koa stem that both look great. Really impressed so far with the performance as well. My first shot at TCR didnt seem successful and will surely attempt again later but works so well in watts I'm already super pleased.
TCR 290
40W or even 38W
Resistance locked at 0.320
Temp = 365F
don't autofire , click and feel the vapor...(4-5 seconds pre-heat) enjoy

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@NimChimpsky you have inspired me to write a quick write-up on the iHeat w/ the base unit.

Since receiving this is has been my #1 go to for vaping. I like to use a bong to chalk up, and this is no slouch...preheat for 5 seconds and you are off. I find myself having to choose days not to use it just so I can justify owning more vapes. I am familiar with RBT products so anything I say is in relation to those.

The heaters heats fast, but dosent hold the heat for too long compared to an Mi2 (which dosent matter b/c heat-up is so fast). It really produces some great vapor, to the point I can be coughing and dripping snot from my nose (I'm allergic to some terpins). I will usually stem pack and run a bong, and it will produce vapor for as long as you pull.

Heat spots do occur, but far less severe due to the heat disk that displaces the heat. I find that stirring is still required, bit this is just a minor con with how well this thing works.

The craftsmanship is nuts, I ordered 5 roasting tubes and am glad I did. It really fits every role I want out of a vape. If you can get the base unit I would say do it, without a doubt.

-zillacon

GoldenBud

@NimChimpsky you have inspired me to write a quick write-up on the iHeat w/ the base unit.

Since receiving this is has been my #1 go to for vaping. I like to use a bong to chalk up, and this is no slouch...preheat for 5 seconds and you are off. I find myself having to choose days not to use it just so I can justify owning more vapes. I am familiar with RBT products so anything I say is in relation to those.

The heaters heats fast, but dosent hold the heat for too long compared to an Mi2 (which dosent matter b/c heat-up is so fast). It really produces some great vapor, to the point I can be coughing and dripping snot from my nose (I'm allergic to some terpins). I will usually stem pack and run a bong, and it will produce vapor for as long as you pull.

Heat spots do occur, but far less severe due to the heat disk that displaces the heat. I find that stirring is still required, bit this is just a minor con with how well this thing works.

The craftsmanship is nuts, I ordered 5 roasting tubes and am glad I did. It really fits every role I want out of a vape. If you can get the base unit I would say do it, without a doubt.

-zillacon
what you have got is the iHeat, real iHeat.. not 510..(yeah i know it's the right thead for this, i am a bit baked lol) how much watts it uses? it's one of the most elegant pieces I've seen from Alan .. how strong is this?

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@GoldenBud lol I was gonna say I am well aware I have the iHeat...I like to differentiate for posterity.

As for watts I am unsure, it has a an analog dial on the bottom from 0-100. I have it dialed a bit past the 50.

Its heat-up is about 1.5s slower than a ZionM and the hits aren't as robust...if that makes any sense.

Reez79

I see people who have bought this vape off him and I’m interested but I’m cautious and afraid to buy because he takes 2-3 days to even respond to emails

Reez79,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I see people who have bought this vape off him and I’m interested but I’m cautious and afraid to buy because he takes 2-3 days to even respond to emails

There's no reason to be cautious or afraid to buy, he has a life so he is not always able to respond right away, if you think taking two to three days to respond to an email is too long then maybe you shouldn't be buying any vapes from any artisan makers though? (but even big companies have customer service that takes longer to respond) This one is available via long wait list anyway, once your name comes up and you get your order in, it also takes a while for him to actually build it all to send to you... Very reputable person as you can see with all the threads here, your choice ultimately what you want to do, trying to help you make an informed decision...

Oil420FL

There's no reason to be cautious or afraid to buy, he has a life so he is not always able to respond right away, if you think taking two to three days to respond to an email is too long then maybe you shouldn't be buying any vapes from any artisan makers though? (but even big companies have customer service that takes longer to respond) This one is available via long wait list anyway, once your name comes up and you get your order in, it also takes a while for him to actually build it all to send to you... Very reputable person as you can see with all the threads here, your choice ultimately what you want to do, trying to help you make an informed decision...
Yes whenever the person answering all the email is the same person making the vape, then every day that goes by without an answer to my email is a day they spent building vapes. So I'm happy to think the wait list is getting shorter or some non-custom units are getting built :-)

In contrast, I've had prompt email replies from a big vape manufacturer who is literally famous for customer service AND those emails were unhelpful copy-and-paste answers only partly related to my questions. Bottom line for me: quality of the customer service is much more important than speed of reply.

Reez79

Yea I spoke to him and got the tracking information from him and everything. am I on the right thread though? I noticed this thread said Iheat Heat Island. The vape I’m getting from him is the bamboo hi but see it’s the same maker. I see the I heat is pretty versatile with someone having a post here of it hooked up to a box mod.

Don’t know if you remember but you was the one who referred me to get the bamboo HI from him a while ago

GoldenBud

Yea I spoke to him and got the tracking information from him and everything. am I on the right thread though? I noticed this thread said Iheat Heat Island. The vape I’m getting from him is the bamboo hi but see it’s the same maker. I see the I heat is pretty versatile with someone having a post here of it hooked up to a box mod.

Don’t know if you remember but you was the one who referred me to get the bamboo HI from him a while ago
The iHeat has the iHeat coil, high surface area coil, low weight heater the taste is great, it has some chip to make it work like the iHeat510 device..i found the iHeat510 great as a slow draw device
the HI has a cylinder heater
the GTR is somehow the next generation, high surface area with the cylinder heater of the HI

iHeat / GTR 19mm stems
HI around 10mm

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh yeah, glad it all worked out!! Yes you are in the wrong threat, this is for the plug-in version of the iHeat (there's another thread for the one that only attaches to mod boxes in the portable section) and for the GTR...
Here is the actual Heat Island thread:

Top Bottom