Discontinued Impcognito

Damn I'm dumb, I definitely shoulda asked what temp. None of my vapes have ever even sniffed 370, lol.
What temperature range do you normally stick to?

I do bump the temperature up after my first draw. The first draw is when you get the best flavour though IMO, so I don't want to toast it on the first one, if that makes sense.

It feels like in general though, due to the nature of convection, it needs 10 degrees more(or greater) than my conduction. The air hole alignment was the main problem, it had me scratching my head, even after bumping the temperature up.

I'm keeping the 3 profiles I have dialled in(mentioned earlier). The only change I've made is the hottest one is now TCR 150 instead of 195. I found myself leaving it on that all weekend and had no problems with it, while clearing multiple bowls with it. Suppose I will have to re-calibrate if I do change the coils at some point.

I can see why people say convection is much more efficient. Even without measuring, I can tell the same amount of herb goes a lot further on my Imp than on my DCGen2. Which I'm still keeping, it's still a nice experience with that on temp control and it's very stealthy, reasonably priced too.

Last edited:
I've replaced the o-ring on the Divine Tribe 14mm Glass tip for the v5, V4, Gen 2(link on page 18).

Took a punt on a Metric Viton 5.5mm ID - 2mm cross section o-ring(ebay). It fits nice, snug and securely, much better than extra one I threw on the first time.

The glass balls are just some 6mm paint agitator beads(borosilicate I think - link on page 17).

It seems quite a handy, inexpensive option all in all.

Current setup without heat sinks:

With heat sinks and bubbler:

Last edited:

TeaCup

Do you really need those heat sinks??? The Imp doesn't run hot. A Stempod, that's a different story. You'll get a third degree burn from a Stempod if your not careful, lol.

TeaCup,
Do you really need those heat sinks??? The Imp doesn't run hot. A Stempod, that's a different story. You'll get a third degree burn from a Stempod if your not careful, lol.
Haha, I suppose you can tell I don't care much for aesthetics, that's why I included a pic without. It does look much better without I suppose and without the magnetic USB connector(so handy those though).

I do feel the mod getting quite warm when in use personally. So it might not be absolutely necessary but when using around the house, it couldn't hurt the longevity of the device to use them, if you have them.

With the way all the Artic Fox compatible mods are being discontinued, anything that might increase the life span is a win IMO. I can't seem to find many compatible dual battery mods in stock already. Anyone know what the deal is with that? I'm guessing the manufacturers switched to chipsets that make it harder. I don't see why it bothers them so much how it's used, once it's been bought.

Last edited:
SilvaVapor,
Reactions: TeaCup

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Haha, I suppose you can tell I don't care much for aesthetics, that's why I included a pic without(it does look much better without I suppose). I do feel the mod getting quite warm when in use, it might not be necessary but when using around the house, it couldn't hurt the longevity of the device to use them, if you have them.

With the way all the Artic Fox compatible mods are being discontinued, anything that might increase the life span is a win IMO. I can't seem to find many compatible dual battery mods in stock already. Anyone know what the deal is with that? I'm guessing the manufacturers switched to chipsets that make it harder. I don't see why it bothers them so much how it's used, once it's been bought.
Dual battery Red Panda mods can still be found. Hoard them when you can find them.

Dual battery Red Panda mods can still be found. Hoard them when you can find them.

Sold out them mate. It looks like the stock(Joyetech's) is all gone now. I'd have bought two when I bought the one I have, if I'd have known because it feels so sturdy and compact for a dual battery mod. I really like it.

It doesn't have to be a red panda mod or a Joyetech. As long as it's well built and has two batteries. I've seen a few Cuboid 200Ws available(3 batteries might be overkill for me) and I think I remember seeing a Wismec. I see Eleaf Isticks are popular but they only seem to have one battery mods available in most places.

I will leave it for now. I suppose I could easily make do with a single battery mod, if I was ever unlucky enough for the current one to go kaput.

I wonder what the plan is for AF once everything is out of stock though.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah decreasing the distance to the heater is good to improve efficiency. But there's a limit where it gets too close and can create hot zones due to the radiation (like when your forehead starts to cook when you stare too closely at a fireplace...) leaving a darker imprint on the load.

This can be mitigated though, if you don't preheat and start drawing as soon as you hit the trigger, then also keep drawing for a short while after you release the trigger.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Anyone have any tried and true Artic Fox temp control profiles for the Eleaf iStick Pico 75w that they’re willing to share? I’m getting pretty good results, just wondering if another profile might be a bit better. Thanks all.

CanikUser19,
Has anyone ever replaced the o-ring that holds the glass mouthpiece in place?

Mine has always seemed kind of wobbly. I think maybe the guy I bought it from used the turn and draw technique. It's not a huge issue or anything, I'm just wondering if it's doable or not. Same with the bottom basket, what happens if anything happens to that, new unit time?

On another note, I've started putting cutting board conditioner on it. Looks better now, must have really needed it.

SilvaVapor,
Reactions: KeroZen

Mribisback_

Has anyone ever replaced the o-ring that holds the glass mouthpiece in place?

Mine has always seemed kind of wobbly. I think maybe the guy I bought it from used the turn and draw technique. It's not a huge issue or anything, I'm just wondering if it's doable or not. Same with the bottom basket, what happens if anything happens to that, new unit time?

On another note, I've started putting cutting board conditioner on it. Looks better now, must have really needed it.
That o-ring has always been a mystery to me. I have two bodies I bought new from Dave. Sometimes my stems fit easily, sometimes they get stuck in there after a session, sometimes it's just right.

I thinks it's just the nature of having a wooden vape since wood contracts and expands constantly. Should be easy enough to replace though.

Do you mean the screen that sits at the bottom of the heating chamber or the basket that holds the herb in the mouthpiece? The chamber screen is just a regular pipe screen you can source from anywhere. For the mouthpiece screen, you can replace them, but I just torch the shit out of mine until all the residue is burnt off and they work like new.

Last edited:
Mribisback_,

Mribisback_

Just smashed my stem(rolled off the kitchen table). Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a replacement?
It's a proprietary size so your options are limited.

You could write the owner on Instagram to see if he has any left over.

I bought an Enano stem on PoTV that fit well.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just smashed my stem(rolled off the kitchen table). Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a replacement?
I’ve had recent success on one of mine using my Solo2 stems, specifically the 3D Flow and the stock Airizer WPA stems. Of course with glass and Impcognito variance, there’s no guarantee they will fit yours, so just a possible option for you.

It's a proprietary size so your options are limited.

You could write the owner on Instagram to see if he has any left over.

I bought an Enano stem on PoTV that fit well.
Thanks, is that the 14mm or 18mm?

I haven't got instagram but I've messaged him on here. Hopefully he still visits, unless someone wants to give him a nudge on instagram?

Knowing my luck he'll have none left.

Last edited:
SilvaVapor,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Thanks, is that the 14mm or 18mm?

I haven't got instagram but I've messaged him on here. Hopefully he still visits, unless someone wants to give him a nudge on instagram?

Knowing my luck he'll have none left.
Would be your choice, depends on what size water piece, j-hook, etc you want to connect it to. The end that connects to your Imp would be the same size for both size GonGs.

Would be your choice, depends on what size water piece, j-hook, etc you want to connect it to. The end that connects to your Imp would be the same size for both size GonGs.
Oh yeah i didn't think that through, obviously the stem part is a standard diameter.

Does anyone know the exact measurements of the original stem? Outer diameter, inner diameter and length.

I've just eyeballed the inner diameter of the chamber at 14mm. The airizer stem that didn't fit has a diameter of 14.6mm. So I might try and find a stem with a 14mm outer diameter.

This looks a bit too basic but it might work:
Generic High borosilicate glass tube - 50mm long - 14mm Outer Diameter?

Anyone tried Tinymight stems with this? Thank goodness I kept my DC Gen2 as backup, used it last night, it's quite a downgrade but hopefully temporary and I can get a new stem ordered pronto.

Last edited:

TeaCup

Oh yeah i didn't think that through, obviously the stem part is a standard diameter.

Does anyone know the exact measurements of the original stem? Outer diameter, inner diameter and length.

I've just eyeballed the inner diameter of the chamber at 14mm. The airizer stem that didn't fit has a diameter of 14.6mm. So I might try and find a stem with a 14mm outer diameter.

Generic High borosilicate glass tube - 50mm long - 14mm Outer Diameter?

Anyone tried Tinymight stems with this? Thank goodness I kept my DC Gen2 as backup, used it last night, it's quite a downgrade but hopefully temporary and I can get a new stem ordered pronto.
14 OD - 11 ID - 64.50 Length

My Arizer stem fits in one of mine but not my other. The inner doesn't have to be exact unless your using Dave's fitted screens. TinyMight is 16 OD.

What's basic about it, the OG stem is as basic as you can get, it's just a 64mm tube of glass?? The screen shelf in the OG if your using Dave's screens is realllllllllly nice though, lol. Am I blind.....how come I don't see the ID of those linked stems?

TeaCup,
14 OD - 11 ID - 64.50 Length

My Arizer stem fits in one of mine but not my other. The inner doesn't have to be exact unless your using Dave's fitted screens. TinyMight is 16 OD.

What's basic about it, the OG stem is as basic as you can get, it's just a 64mm tube of glass?? The screen shelf in the OG if your using Dave's screens is realllllllllly nice though, lol. Am I blind.....how come I don't see the ID of those linked stems?
Yeah I guess so, it's just going to be missing those dimples at the bottom and the rim probably won't be as rounded, to make it comfy for your lips but I will be using the glass adapter anyway I guess. Which reminds me, I will have to order another of those divine tribe glass tips because that smashed too, although that can wait because I do have a spare.

Edit: Ah, you mentioned the screen shelf, I never placed my shallow basket anywhere near that deep. In fact, I put it as close to the bottom lip as possible, for micro-dosing. Is that incorrect? Should it always be sitting ontop of the shelf?

64mm? Bummer, 50mm is as close as I can find on Aliexpress. The inner diameter isn't listed. Since it's only a few dollars for 5, I've ordered them anyway. I'll see how I go on. If it's any good, I'll update it here.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could contact the mistvape owner(Dave is it?) and ask him to check his PM's on here. I'd still like the original one, even if these work.

I'll use the cheap ones I've ordered when I'm drinking, if they turn out to be any good. Never using a good one in a room with a hard tile floor again, that's for sure. lol

Thanks for measuring your piece for me anyway. :D

Off topic: While I was browsing for stems, I spotted they have tinymights on aliexpress for $100. I'm tempted to put that on my wishlist for my birthday at that price. It might not be the OG but the reviews are good and it looks exactly the same.

Last edited:
SilvaVapor,

GoldenBud

Dave = mistvape
DDave = guy who makes 14mm stems, maybe it can fit to the Impcognito?
and try getting Arizer Solo II's WPA from aliexpress, around 4$ and it may fit to the Impcognito...

TeaCup

Top Bottom