• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

Obsessed 2

That's a pain your Iheat broke @KeroZen , sorry for your loss. Maybe you can only use a plomber collar or two in order to maintain everything in one piece and usable... at home at least. Collars can add a sort of "punk" style to the design!

Did you think the bamboo to be more inclined to break?

Can i say the Movkin Disguiser mod box adds a layer of metal protection to the atty, only the stem is exposed.

Actually I use my Iheat exclusively with the Disguiser, I gave up with TC mode and use it in power mode at 32-35w with great enjoyment. I was annoyed cause there was resistance reads changes every few hits since it's not possible to lock the resistance (or I didn't found the feature). TC works better with my Evic Mini but it's a 1 battery mod... not enough for the Iheat imho, so I use it with the Disguiser.

I'm very happy with the performances, wood stem for dry small dose which sits close of the heater for fast heating. And 18 to 18 male to male adapter, inverted in a bubbler, with a big load which sits at 1-2cm from the heater screen (I found this method not really usable for dry use cause the load will spread everywhere in the chamber after you stir by the first 2 hits and thgis is doesn't helps for a good vaporization process).

Thanks a lot @Alan to gave me the opportunity to get an early Iheat, I was on the list for a log vape but I'm very happy I changed my mind.

How can i insert the foil liner in the Iheat? I get some stainless steel sheet I can cut... Is it only a band of SS sheet i place against the wood wall around the coil? if yes it seems an easy task and i can do it myself...
My first post to this thread, as I am the proud owner of @Easywider 's iHeat. Unbelievable unit. I am also rocking the Movkin Disguiser. Power mode all the way. I chose this route for discretion, as my elected officials in the lovely state of NJ can't seem to legislate the will of the people. Hopefully 2020 proves better for us in NJ.
So, I'm loving this beast, truly am. I'm running between 36-38 watts. I guess I like it hot :evil:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I thought Elmer's glue was the holy grail of wood glue.

Squeeze a little into the crack and then use a hose clamp for 24 hours until dry.

Not sure how Elmer's is with heat.
2 part epoxy mixed with saw dust, Also not sure how it would be with heat though

Mynameismud,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@HerbieVonVapster
Hey bud. I uploaded your DNA250 iHeat file on my sbody MacroII DNA75 mod . Is that compatible ? It's busting clouds that's for sure.

Other questions ? Hmmm, when on TC mode it displays OFF when I press button ? Does O.F.F. Stand for something? it's not "off" ; it makes BIG clouds at 380 :) and fast.

Looking at Profile tabs in your File , is there other settings or only TC? Is there a Watts profile with boost or punch or is that not optional with my DNA75 (not 75C ) ?

There is a profile called Relaxed or Calm , is it uploaded on my mod as well? I know how to change material on my mod but never seen Profile change option?

Perhaps I should have PM'ed.

Ive only had 3 puffs since uploaded your file lol so I barely tried it yet but whoa , great work man!

For everyone else , it was easy to upload from escribe to mod box using computer and USB cable linking mod to computer. You download Escribe program(software) on internet , you click link to Herbie's Files , save file in your computer , then from Escribe you find the file and upload it on your mod.. sounds like lots but not much more then say saving photos from memory card to computer or other similar tech approach..
Ok. I must be stone loll
Thanks Herbie, thank you @Alan

Edit : should olhms be locked in profile file? It didn't seem to be when uploading . im getting Temp Protection now , nearing the end of session..

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

@P.A.M. If you where seeing Off sounds like cold OHMS where incorrect on it. Think most iheats are around .34. Let iheat cool the remeasure it is seeing Off warning.

I'm trying to follow above. I think it sounds like it remeasure when loaded the iheat profile and your no longer seeing off warning?

I'm not sure what that mod uses as software. Since profiles are labeled relax calm make me thing there using something customized with it. If so that hopefully means correct mod resistance is set and case thermal is correct. Something I definitely would research to confirm.

Temperature Protection warning can be changed in themes designer to show the temperature instead or temp protection. I separated the theme from the DNA250 so you can use it in the DNA75.
Escribe should of made a backup of settings first time connected mod if you want revert back.

DNA_FCTHEME.ecigtheme

Last thing make sure escribe is in manufacture mode to access the full features.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thank you @HerbieVonVapster . Cold it usually sits at .37 .. does that mean I have to go in the Profile and change my cold ohm to .37? Do I use ohm lock or not ?

Thanks for the quick trouble shooting and for separating the file , I'll go upload that. I will also private message further questions if any, not to hijack the thread....

I Totally felt a difference in both taste , mass and potency of the hits using your file compared to what I usually do on my own.. the iHeat was already leading my pack! it's got quite the lead now !! Thank you ! If the Elite tops that I'll be on cloud 420 baby! 2 fine ass vapes !

HerbieVonVapster

If you reload profile it force it to remeasure the coil.

On locking ohms,
As the coils heat the resistance moves. Each wire material used has a specific curve while heating. DNA's have a "refinement" function that fine tunes the resistance reading as the device rests for a more accurate temperature . Locking the ohm's may be beneficial for finiky atty's but as a matter of choice should not be used in normal operation.

The importance of the case analyzer also comes into play for best performance.

There is one board sensor measuring the innards of the entire enclosure. The board, the batteries within, the enclosure. How fast it all heats and cools. When you run the 'Thermals', the first thing asked is Room temp. It knows the board temp, and now the room temp, so now you can calculate the room temp whenever you want from the board temp.

Having correct cold OHM knowing mod resistance and running the case analyzer give the best experience with these chips.

HerbieVonVapster,

sickmanfraud

The importance of the case analyzer also comes into play for best performance.

Can you Please tell me where I find the case analyzer?

Also, Is the case analyzer useful for more than one Atomizer per mod? To clarify my question. If someone has several 510 atomizers can they each be put on one mod for calibration and will the MOD keep track of all of the analysis?

Easywider

Simple is the way
No need to even attach an atomizer for this one. The case analyzer measures how board temp is effected by the thermal properties of the case.

In Escribe click on the mod tab and scroll to the bottom and click the case analyzer button.

Here’s a detailed walk through

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
So turns out I wasn't in TC after uploading Herbie's file , LOL, the OFF reading I was getting meant that TC was off and that the heat generated was in watts( anywhere between 40-50watts I presume as I was playing with power trying to figure things out) Haha no wonder I was getting Fast Fatt Clouds and getting Heavily Medicated. Needless to say I've been experimenting in high wattage (35to50w) past couple days while trying to get the TC working on my particular mod. @HerbieVonVapster been a true sportsman helping me figuring it out . Really appreciate it ! Give him some likes folks. Waiting to hear from Alan how "high" I can safely go in wattage .
Today's watt of choice to experiment with , 42.0 . :)

I guess that like @Obsessed 2 , I like it hot :evil: You (might have it on par with 35-38 mate. 40+ might be a tad overkill . Amazing the control still have in high 30's though huh ?

:tup::clap::nod::cool:

HerbieVonVapster

So turns out I wasn't in TC after uploading Herbie's file , LOL, the OFF reading I was getting meant that TC was off and that the heat generated was in watts( anywhere between 40-50watts I presume as I was playing with power trying to figure things out) Haha no wonder I was getting Fast Fatt Clouds and getting Heavily Medicated. Needless to say I've been experimenting in high wattage (35to50w) past couple days while trying to get the TC working on my particular mod. @HerbieVonVapster been a true sportsman helping me figuring it out . Really appreciate it ! Give him some likes folks. Waiting to hear from Alan how "high" I can safely go in wattage .
Today's watt of choice to experiment with , 42.0 . :)

I guess that like @Obsessed 2 , I like it hot :evil: You (might have it on par with 35-38 mate. 40+ might be a tad overkill . Amazing the control still have in high 30's though huh ?

Really hoping to still get it working it's the first DNA mod that I couldn't get it working in TC. Half way tempted buy one just to see why going on.

I'm was surplced to see a new mod that's using the DNA75 chip. The price point isn't bad if able to get it functional in TC mode. Still not sure about the side panels. Do they light when you fire the mod @P.A.M?

Since where discussing it here's a link to this mod and they seem be about $50 bucks. Right now it's not working in TC mode. I'm going suggest waiting till we figure out what's wrong with @P.A.M unit before I recommend the unit.

http://sbodytech.com/2018/11/20/macro-ii-dna-75-released/

HerbieVonVapster,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Still not sure about the side panels. Do they light when you fire the mod @P.A.M?

Lol yee, the red "Y" looking part lights up . It didn't advertise that on fasttech where I purchased it nor on sbody website. . Apparnently if opening mod could cut those wires ... I hope it's not me
the problem missing out on something simple in escribe, who knows .

HerbieVonVapster

Lol yee, the red "Y" looking part lights up . It didn't advertise that on fasttech where I purchased it nor on sbody website. . Apparnently if opening mod could cut those wires ... I hope it's not me
the problem missing out on something simple in escribe, who knows .

I don't have a DNA75 and running outa suggestions to try. If we can't get it working PM me. It's really bothers me I can't figure out whats wrong with this unit.

Your always welcome to send it my way. I can try to fix it for you and mail it back. If you rather not deal with this mod. I'll be willing buy it off you for what you paid, or trade you something for it. I like a challenge this mod not working has me stumped :)

Other suggestion... are you able to try another device with this mod or another mod the iheat? I really don't think its the iheat causing the issue but you should rule out everything.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@HerbieVonVapster ,

Challenge Granted ! PM me your email or address and we will figure something out . For all we know I missed a button, setting or something really stupid .. why not let you have some fun while being helpful . I'll ship it to you , perhaps will send you my iHeat too so you can better pinpoint if mod or else..

Hahah , really I'm ok with Watt Mode but seeing your stumped and intrigued as fuck I'll play along my friend, thanks ! :rockon:

No, it's the only atty and only mod I have .

P.A.M.,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You gotta have perfect connections for the iHeat to work properly in TC mode. In Escribe display the live resistance in the atomizer analyzer, if you see it jumping all around it's not good.

I struggled to make it work with my Vape Engine mod, so much that I reverted to the evic VTC mini eventually (before the unfortunate accident, that is)

Also try to increase the range before the mod thinks the coil changed, that might help too.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thank you for chipping in @KeroZen , I did seem to get a fluctuation of Raw ohm reading when running the atomizer analyzer. I tried to wipe the contacts which did help bring ohm a little but it did jump around abit still

P.A.M.,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah wiping is not enough. Try using some fine grit sandpaper, or the abrasive side of a sponge. The contaminants and oxides film can be quite thick and hard to dislodge, you really need some mechanical force and not just a solvent or polishing.

Also tighten the two heater electrodes screws inside the device. My unit was much more manageable and predictable after these two treatments.

Obsessed 2

Yeah wiping is not enough. Try using some fine grit sandpaper, or the abrasive side of a sponge. The contaminants and oxides film can be quite thick and hard to dislodge, you really need some mechanical force and not just a solvent or polishing.

Also tighten the two heater electrodes screws inside the device. My unit was much more manageable and predictable after these two treatments.
Agreed.

@P.A.M. if you need to elevate the defcon level, your local Auto parts store should have one of those little blue/black brass wire brushes. This will knock off the oxides and not destroy your terminal. Just make sure it's brass and not the ss one.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising

Well I sanded contacts points and tightened screws and then my mod was telling me to check atomizer (something it never did ) which made it seem worst at first but now it's reading it again and ohms do seem more stable although maybe still abit high . Did you say higher ohm means hotter @HerbieVonVapster , maybe Alan made it such knowing I like it hot . Cool to see the iHeat is accessible and repairable if ever needed.
All was fine until I started playing in escribe lol

Funny thing about my mod , the 510 pin was brass coloured and after passing fine grit sanding paper a tad it become silver. Phoney brass pin and just a coating maybe ? Maybe that's why I was getting a "check atomizer" message .. it went away and I cruised in wattage , all is well in that regards .

I knew Herbie's TC iHeat Profile was made on a DNA250 and not a DNA75 mod , perhaps it's a dNA250 /dna 75 tiny technicality . Who knows..

I'll probably still send the mod to Herbie so he can play and have fun with it , I'll keep the iHeat not to lose it at canada/USA border , doesn't smell much but never know..

I'm very pleased in wattage mode and use In similar ways that I do with my HI Log and vvps , controlling temp using wattage . Love how tasty it is both in low & high watt settings when starting from a fresh load .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: KeroZen

HerbieVonVapster

Try profile 3 that should be the stock evolv 316 and if not running on it that rules out the profile causing issue. Is this a brand new iheat? Both my iheats and Elite where right around .34. I don't think @Alan has made any changes to coil?

I would use backup and restore it to default. Since you ran case thermals write the down before.

Load profile 3 and it should remeasure coil. Make sure coil is completely cold when remeasure it. Should be somewhere around .34 cold.

Yes mod is all I need if it doesn't work on my iheat then we know there something up with mod.

I could also make up a quick DNA75 file for you to try before sending. just let me know the case thermals and i'll toss on together for you.

sickmanfraud

I could also make up a quick DNA75 file for you to try before sending. just let me know the case thermals and i'll toss on together for you.

I have a VT75D and a VT75 Color on the way (from China so no hurry) and I would be interested in the 75 Color files too.

Thanks, @HerbieVonVapster for all your help.

Without your help, the issues relating to mods would, for many of us, be insurmountable.

The sellers of 510 devices should put you on the payroll, considering how many units you "sold".

HerbieVonVapster

I have a VT75D and a VT75 Color on the way (from China so no hurry) and I would be interested in the 75 Color files too.

Sure thing I just have to find the mods resistance for those models. I do suggest running case thermal yourself for best results.

Let me know when get the mods and I'll post a download link for you :)

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
IMG-4039.jpg

IMG-4040.jpg

IMG-4041.jpg

IMG-4042.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Got notice from @Alan on 4/20 that my order had been finished and was ready for shipping.
Very appropriate timing and made it for quite a memorable 4/20.
Went with Alan's Pineapple shaped Insta Heat in Koa, cause I got a thing for Koa and Pineapple shaped things, mainly Ukuleles. Matching Koa stem and a Padauk stem for my Nomad.
Awesome wood work and the Insta Heat is really working well on my Steam Engine mod, which runs the DNA75 ,not the C just the older version. Was going to put it on an Evic mini, but I wanted to give the DNA another shot and this Pineapple is a bit too girthy for the little Evic.
Loaded @HerbieVonVapster Iheat ecig profile, and as it was, freshly downloaded, I was getting the dreaded "OFF" and it going into watts mode. So in Escribe I locked the ohms, which cold read at .331 for mine, and the OFF did not appear and was getting the temp control reading building up to the 380 degrees then flashing the temp protect as the watts kicks down. So the TC was working, but it was about 50-70 degrees off. Good vapor did appear till about 450-460 degrees. So in Escribe I kicked the locked ohms up by .02 to .351 and now 395 - 410 degrees is the sweet spot. Gonna continue further testing.
Thanks for the Functioning piece of art Alan, looking forward to many sessions with this beauty.

20190424-163835-1.jpg

Koa............:luv:

20190424-164242-1.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for posting the photo @SloJimFizz
Glad you are enjoying it. Goes well with your Ukulele.
The extra diameter plus the ss foil keeps the wood cool to the touch.
You should find that you are getting a longer battery life with the iHeat as it has a very efficient spiral coil design. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That is one beautiful iHeat. Exquisite. I can attest to the fact that the spiral coil design is super efficient. Nice job!

Top Bottom