• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

MonkeyTime

I'm awaiting a ss body from warranty and a spare ss body I ordered to "get by" while the first was down. I thought they were in stock, now I've asked HL if they suggest I cancel since at the moment I'm sol on both scores.
My status has changed from two weeks ago's, 'should ship at least one next week' (didn't happen) to the new, 'they will ship early next week.'
At least I got the new body on the 4/20 sale price...

Correction, you've PAID for the new body at 4/20 price :rofl: Sorry, could be a touchy subject, but had to. And I've watched you handle your HL issues with grace and patience, so thought you'd take is as intended.

I love the device, but thinking about dealing with HL makes my skin crawl, I almost feel dirty. I've emailed a few times over the last couple of months inquiring about trading in my last two OG's without a reply. Not a "we're not accepting them at this time" or "sure, send them in", radio silence. I think my IO is better on batteries than the OG's, that was the reasoning behind the trade in, and, both of them still run cool enough that I've packed them away. The IO is still running great, even with the deteriorating batteries, just less time before charge. This single vape has caused me more concern than the rest put together.

I still feel, the largest drawback to the device is the battery. I love my 18650 battery vapes, I can switch vapes at my convenience or need and I know I have good batteries ready. If I'm going to pack the IO away for a week, I feel the need to drain the batteries for storage to encourage longevity. I was really hoping the MaxVapor Power adapter and battery sled was going to change that, but I never quit felt I was getting the same out anything I've tried. Their claim that they needed a dedicated battery may not be that far off, but it's still the thorn in my HL paw.....along with the company.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Correction, you've PAID for the new body at 4/20 price :rofl: Sorry, could be a touchy subject, but had to. And I've watched you handle your HL issues with grace and patience, so thought you'd take is as intended.
Hey, you're absolutely right!

I think, if you want to do some trade-ins, you should open warranty requests for them; they're clogged, they're not as powerful as they used to be (even with good batteries, be sure to say that..., or some other complaint. Once they've told you to not send it in until they ask for it (or to send it in, not likely), then you can ask for a trade-in. I've twice traded in 2 ogs toward one io, laid out about a hundred bucks iirc.

I like 18650 devices as well, though I don't share the complaint about hopper batteries (much). We just put them on the mag charger after 1 or 2 chambers. Not having to fully charge means the cycle is shorter. If not ready, we go to another device. Of course, if going out we might bring some batts.

slozukimc

I love the device, but thinking about dealing with HL makes my skin crawl, I almost feel dirty. I've emailed a few times over the last couple of months inquiring about trading in my last two OG's without a reply. Not a "we're not accepting them at this time" or "sure, send them in", radio silence. I think my IO is better on batteries than the OG's, that was the reasoning behind the trade in, and, both of them still run cool enough that I've packed them away. The IO is still running great, even with the deteriorating batteries, just less time before charge. This single vape has caused me more concern than the rest put together.

I still feel, the largest drawback to the device is the battery. I love my 18650 battery vapes, I can switch vapes at my convenience or need and I know I have good batteries ready. If I'm going to pack the IO away for a week, I feel the need to drain the batteries for storage to encourage longevity. I was really hoping the MaxVapor Power adapter and battery sled was going to change that, but I never quit felt I was getting the same out anything I've tried. Their claim that they needed a dedicated battery may not be that far off, but it's still the thorn in my HL paw.....along with the company.
I sure would love to buy one of those Maxvapor adapters to use with my grey Ti OG. The IO works pretty well with good GHB3’s. I just love Hopper bong rips and a power supply would be great at home.

collegeKid101

I'm awaiting a ss body from warranty and a spare ss body I ordered to "get by" while the first was down. I thought they were in stock, now I've asked HL if they suggest I cancel since at the moment I'm sol on both scores.
My status has changed from two weeks ago's, 'should ship at least one next week' (didn't happen) to the new, 'they will ship early next week.'
At least I got the new body on the 4/20 sale price...
holding out because I got the 4/20 price is a big reason I’m giving them a chance and haven’t just cancelled my order yet.

I’m moving at the end of June and really hope I see an IO before then because changing addresses with their CS sounds like a headache I’d rather not endure. Going to pray to all the gods in hopes that my purple TI is present and functional within the next couple of weeks lol

collegeKid101,

ChooChooCharlie

I sure would love to buy one of those Maxvapor adapters to use with my grey Ti OG. The IO works pretty well with good GHB3’s. I just love Hopper bong rips and a power supply would be great at home.
@slozukimc - To put it succinctly, I'm a dick

Here's the preassembled Milo Rambaldi unobtanium device, with an operational photo:

Max-adapter-two-shot.jpg

Still works great. Kudos to Max

Edit: @Shit Snacks - read your question below. Mods will get upset soon discussing this unavailable adapter in the io thread :)
Here's link to the 10 amp brick that works with my io's. User in adapter thread reported it not working for him, however. Hope he waited five seconds for the brick's capacitor doohickies to charge up and turn its light green. I fell for it again today before taking pic, thought it was busted, forgot to wait

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@slozukimc - To put it succinctly, I'm a dick

Here's the preassembled Milo Rambaldi unobtanium device, with an operational photo:

Max-adapter-two-shot.jpg

Still works great. Kudos to Max

Can you remind me, did you buy an alternative power supply somewhere, so you could use the max vapor PA with Hopper IO? Was it hit and miss depending on the hoppers? Like maybe the color IO does not work or something I don't know

MoltenTiger

Still having a lot of success with my SS io, the extraction output is perfect. I've got so used to it now, I used my cooler Ti io recently and wound up contacting HL and submitting a request for a body swap to a higher calibrated unit. Might take a while to sort out, but it will be worth it despite the Ti already being very good as a vape, but it can't outdo my Sub, and the SS really does.

_20210515_154247.JPG

I had a play around with a FLIR camera the other day whilst hoppering, had to turn the Sub on to take a look at it too. It was pretty interesting actually.
The hopper itself remains cool on it's external surface, maybe hitting 40/45 deg C (typically ~35), but the internals of the PFE can rocket to about 70 given enough of a try, so no wonder it is considered a hot and harsh vape...

But the fact that it can insulate so efficiently, as I always have quipped, is really the secret to the ultra efficient energy equation at play. Comparing to the heating dynamic of the Sub under thermal camera, the Sub sandwiches herb between two hot zones, one of which is the target temp, and the latter is the atomizer which further excites the gas and aids in the rapidity of heat soaking the material.

The GH just fires up and given the small size and space-tech insulation, the herb is almost as quickly heated (sublimated, beyond vaporisation), but there is no waiting involved and the efficacy is quite similar between the devices, though there are differences too.

HL responded to my email with an attached image showing the various ABV quality of the ios and it seems like I can just get a replacement body sent out.
The unit is nearly a year old and has been relatively flawless, but the higher heat is the dream here and the reason to put up with the shenanigans. Easily worth it. Mixed with the power adapter, it really is next level and completely gels with my lifestyle! No mucking around unless it's getting a working device, once you have one, nothing else is even worth looking at.

I only used my Sub for flower again becaue of the FLIR, I bought a 21 M and nice Ed's TnT wooden WPA, but it's just pathetic by comparison, although like the Ti io I have, nice in it's own way. But I'm a bong fiend and can settle for nothing less than the best, especially now that I am so familiar with that.

_20210515_153959.JPG

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can I ask if most of you, Io's owners, are thinking this new iteration is trully better enough to justify the cost?

Could you confirm me there is no ways to "upgrade" one or both of my Og GHs to Io?

TIA

MoltenTiger

Can I ask if most of you, Io's owners, are thinking this new iteration is trully better enough to justify the cost?

Could you confirm me there is no ways to "upgrade" one or both of my Og GHs to Io?

TIA
To justify the cost is completely arbitrary in a world where money is nearly meaningless and skewed well out of proportion. For me it is easily justifiable, and even has paid for itself in some ways, ie. by herb reduction or in lifestyle appreciation. The cost and value for me are way out of line, I would pay a little more still. The Mighty for me in Aus is still more expensive for example, that was what I would have got if I didn't pre-order a GH in 2015, I made the decision based on the warranty history of S&B at the time and the realities of the design of the unit. It is worth far less than the asking price, which I will never pay.

To answer the question of upgrade worthiness, yes, I think the io is truly better and indifferent enough to justify the tactics involved in it's creation, and a good test of this is using the various forms of perfect legacy hoppers I have had access to in direct comparison.
I own a perfectly robust HT Ti legacy which has remained flawless since early 2018. It does everything it ever claimed to, which is a great thing. However 210 C is too low for me, as my above post indicates I am a heavy hit chaser and I find anything less is a partial and less satisfying experience.
The alternative legacy perfection is high power output, which I only rarely experienced with my own devices (3 purchases - plain Ti (2-5 substantial replacements via RMA), blue Ti (1-6 substantial replacements via RMA [no real info given, but I at least did receive the plain Ti as a second complete body holding both at once], and finally a HT Ti which is the ideal experience of just buying something and it works without hassle), hot temps beyond the specified 210 (my very first 2016 unit managed to combust so was hitting 240+ at times) was awesome, but also catastrophic as it is over stepping the design specifications.

Compared to the legacy the io is designed to deliver an ideal high power output for our intents and purposes here.

My SS io goes beyond the specification and as a result has melted part of the chamber edge. But I really prefer this extreme use case potential and so I have settled to be happy with using it still, and know better how to do so too.
I have also requested a similar dialled up Ti version replacement, which HL seemed happy to do without them saying much in their reply that I waited a few days for. It will take a few days before I know anything more, but it's nice even having the option.

I have tried using the legacy back-end on the io and vice versa. It's better to use the io back-end with the legacy, although it works the other way around too, the io uses more power, which can generate heat in the older inferior design V1-V5 back-end.

The io might look the same, and it is largely the same thing. This is like a new car model made with a similar shell with minimal aesthetic improvement, as nothing was needed beyond the tweaks made to the build materials and only minor stylisation choices, yet under the hood things are much improved and the driving experience is more direct and care-free but intense with stupid ease, kind of like a Taycan.

I guess the history of this device is a little convoluted being that it has taken many forms without that ever being very obvious.

The current device state is something that is particularly awesome. It always was awesome IMO, but it was so flawed. The current unit may not be flawless, what is, but it's many, many levels closer and seemingly on par with normal market realities. It is completely redesigned and the fundamental component (3D formed metal heat exchanger) is now an in-house fabrication.

As a device it uses all the technology it can to do a particular job, and I really appreciate the types of engineering technology it focuses on, has patently innovated, and largely represents - compared to the typical imagination of people who are willing to deliver a product, there is no app, no bullshit other than an unfortunately overly ambitious past.

The older devices can be perfect, and then there is no room for improvement unless in some particular measure. But the io has a hugely greater chance of being robust, with the benefit of an even simpler user experience and it's very hard to think how anything could be improved on any further, once you have the thing plugged into the wall with endless power.

For reference I use a Mean Well LRS-150-12 power supply for the io, it looks a bit ghetto (ideally needs an enclosure, 3D printed or the likes), but it has more than enough grunt to run the io at full potential.

I've been meaning to purchase a 4.2V supply to try and rig up another adapter with a different take on dummy battery (gold pogo pins on assembly), I think it should be possible to simplify the set up and remove an in-line transformer.

I've begun playing around with extending the cable length of the existing mains adapter design and have found some interesting things, with the one and only long lead I've soldered up to try now being considered a 'terp attachment' as it does some interesting things to the vapour output

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

TIA
I think the IO is better owning both a Ti IO and Ti OG (the latter works fairly well after a year-long RMA). I bought the IO just after getting my OG back from RMA too, testing HL a bit to see if the new toy would be better or just a kissing cousin. The IO is better: more powerful, not hot to handle (hands or lips), better battery management, consistent extraction, and nice clouds on nearly every draw. There are other positives too like a native mouthpiece that doesn’t get as clogged in the threads. I’m a native user, 99% of the time (seldom use the PFE) and don’t use silicone tips much either. It was an adjustment to go from the OG to IO but worth it.

Has HL stepped up their game however? This is the question you need to ask yourself. Also, you do have other Hoppers (I’ll get to that in a sec) but do you have other vapes as well? If these are your only vapes, well, good for you! If they both work reasonably well, even better. However I wouldn’t rely on them being your only vapes in a potential trade-in because there have been reported problems of new IOs herein (what else is new?) and the customer service stories have been less than stellar. I’m sure others have had great experience all through and through but my perspective is that HL still has a ways to go in several areas.

Others (see @vapviking or i forgot who several posts above actually) have traded in OGs for IOs. Some with success and some with lingering headaches, again either with customer service or the operation of the unit(s) upon arrival. I hate to say it’s akin to rolling the dice but if you’re risk tolerant and patient the payoff could be good. If you’re not then holding pat with working OGs isn’t that bad.

So, proceed with caution. That’s my suggestion. I’m glad I got an IO. My OG is just a backup now (I have other other portable vapes too, convection and conduction) and reach for my IO almost daily. Love it and always loved the Hopper form factor and ease of use. The quicker heat up time (and the light color) doesn’t mean that much to me as I didn’t mention it above but it does work quicker and don’t think much about blue meaning go on the OG - just draw with the IO once on and you’re good. Perhaps more than good :). Good luck with your decision! :peace:

EDIT: regarding @MoltenTiger’ comments, whose words of wisdom I’ve admired for several years, about heat retention I’m not an engineer and agree to an extent the design avails itself to keep the unit cool. I think the battery management plays a key factor however. My OG never got super hot but does suffer from frontend heat buildup and backend heat buildup, and the latter usually occurs when a battery is close to depletion. It was a bit more pronounced before its lone RMA and I still get that now a bit (but again I don’t use it much thanks to the IO). And I use all my Hopper batts in both my OG and IO (labeled and rotated of course and mostly charged externally). The IO remains a cool customer all the way around (except the vapor lol) and it never gets as warm as my OG. I also have fairly recent all new batts too which also helps. Cheers!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for the detailled replies @Vaporific & @MoltenTiger , you got my interest! Is there a "Upgrade Program" or something like that? Did they rebuild your existing OG Hopper to a Io or did they just replace it? How much bucks involved without shipping costs?

MoltenTiger

Thank you for the detailled replies @Vaporific & @MoltenTiger , you got my interest! Is there a "Upgrade Program" or something like that? Did they rebuild your existing OG Hopper to a Io or did they just replace it? How much bucks involved without shipping costs?
HL are offering an $80 buy back on a legacy hopper. It makes the most sense to use this if the GH is not functional, and it is also possible to combine the trade in with a discount code should one be offered at the time or near to the time of processing.

If the unit is still working the trade in value is probably lower than the resale price, and if the unit is working really well then it is harder to recommend or benefit from upgrading

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have 2 working Ogs, one Stainless and one Ti dark grey, for now the Stainless is paired with the Maxvapor adapter, it works rather well but abv comes out not as dark as the Ti... but the Ti tend to doesn't work well for the first few hits when starting a session from a cold unit, turn blue but quickly blinks before the vapor output to be as usual, although, after 3/4 "bad" hits, unit remains to be hot enough (it seems, or the battery maybe) to start to work well until the battery hit the 3.8v level (2 full bowls usually), i can get another bowl only if I chain bowl n°2 to bowl n°3, the warm condition permits that, if cold, no third bowl.

I never tried the SS with batteries and the Ti with the Maxvapor adapter... maybe it's worth a try to determine which unit is the best... but I'm afraid both to get their pros&cons.
Thank you
ps: Can I expect to get 2x80$ buy back if I send back my 2 OG's (just a supposition)? another, sorry, is ithe Io working with the MaxVapor Kit?

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

I have 2 working Ogs, one Stainless and one Ti dark grey, for now the Stainless is paired with the Maxvapor adapter, it works rather well but abv comes out not as dark as the Ti... but the Ti tend to doesn't work well for the first few hits when starting a session from a cold unit, turn blue but quickly blinks before the vapor output to be as usual, although, after 3/4 "bad" hits, unit remains to be hot enough (it seems, or the battery maybe) to start to work well until the battery hit the 3.8v level (2 full bowls usually), i can get another bowl only if I chain bowl n°2 to bowl n°3, the warm condition permits that, if cold, no third bowl.

I never tried the SS with batteries and the Ti with the Maxvapor adapter... maybe it's worth a try to determine which unit is the best... but I'm afraid both to get their pros&cons.
Thank you
ps: Can I expect to get 2x80$ buy back if I send back my 2 OG's (just a supposition)?
It's likely that the cooler running SS legacy is actually running to spec, reaching 210 C which will not produce anything beyond a tan colour ABV. I would expect that unit to have the best chances of actual long term use, as it is not running hot enough to break itself. And the function is reasonable for a portable vape, I would say the resale value for a properly functioning GH is more than $80 here on classifieds or some other market place. So both units are really worth more than 160 as they're functioning, and they will tend really well to a user who sips instead of rips like myself, and even I have gotten away with decent sipping usage with GHs for some months here and there. It's better than selling an MV1 as that company is completely gone, technically the legacies are still under warranty, although we all know what that is like...

Not to say the value would be far and away from 160, so maybe it would just be easier to just process it with the company in one simple swoop.

You can trade in multiple units as I understand, it's also worth checking to see if you have any outstanding orders from HL, I had engraving costs, several batteries and the battery charger, plus a glass adapter and sticker that never made it to me due to pre-order style purchases that never eventuated. I ended up upgrading my broken Ti to my SS io for 35 USD before postage, although I did spend the remainder over the years, it actually worked out quite well for me.

_20210218_052208-jpg.5952

SS io T1-5 single 27s 10" beaker bong hits, ABV quality ultra even, no stirring, no fuss. Pick a number, pick a colour. That good.

If you are unhappy with the performance of your legacies, because it is too cool or takes too long to stomp chambers, the io is ... I want to say a must have, I love and use mine that much. I can barely believe the fat clouds I'm getting each and every time. Plus you have the MaxVapor adapter, so you can really get an amazing set up going with the io.

I mean, my SS io out performs my Sub basically. In terms of not having to ever wait for it, and it's portable and easy to conceal....
I think it's the best vape depending on usage. And those legacy Ti's are pretty perfect for a different usage, they may as well be enjoyed rather than decommissioned. But they could also fuel parts for repairs, so there's a bit to consider.

It would also be a good idea to try the Ti body with the SS/MV assembly, you never know the extra grunt might just be enough

I have tried using the legacy back-end on the io and vice versa. It's better to use the io back-end with the legacy, although it works the other way around too, the io uses more power, which can generate heat in the older inferior design V1-V5 back-end.

After I wrote this in an earlier post I wound up having a few chambers using my HT legacy back-end with SS io front end, and I guess after a medium-heavy usage the assembly was heating up to 45/50 C which is quite high. However it otherwise functioned nicely, and especially for 1 or 2 hits/chambers every quarter hour or less, it would probably be okay.
So if you have a usable legacy back-end it is possible to just buy a spare body for 110 USD and set up a frankenhopper
Although this won't actually replicate an io as much of the improvements are in the back-end, and it is noticeably limited in this set up

_20210516_191930.JPG

Last edited:

fogbank

Can you remind me, did you buy an alternative power supply somewhere, so you could use the max vapor PA with Hopper IO? Was it hit and miss depending on the hoppers? Like maybe the color IO does not work or something I don't know
I had to purchase the Binzet adapter to work with the IO, same as @ChooChooCharlie. I have one OG Hopper that will not work with the AC adapter regardless of which power supply I use. I tried the older version of the battery insert and adapter ring, as well as the newer version. I tried the supplied adapter and the more powerful Binzet adapter and nothing works on this one OG Hopper.

I am having difficulty understanding the logic and necessity of the "low power mode" of the IO. The manual states "When the battery is low on charge, old, or the air temperature is cold, it will flash the light off every second". I have been tracking the number of draws that I get from multiple batteries over multiple devices (OG and IO). It's difficult to compare the OG with the IO because the OG flashes red and stops heating when the battery is low, however the IO reverts to "low power mode" when the battery is low. So I have been counting the number of draws until the LED flashes red on the OG versus counting the number of draws until the LED flashes "low power mode" on the IO. Two different measuring points. And for the record I live in an area that never has very cold air.

I have one Ti IO that consistently enters "low power mode" after about 4-6 draws on any battery. The same batteries in one of my OG devices can provide many more draws before flashing red. I have one GHB3 battery that gave me 17 draws in an OG Hopper but only 4-6 draws in my Ti IO (again counting the IO draws before "low power mode"). This Ti IO consistently provides fewer draws than my OG units.

I have been tracking the number of draws over several months now. While it is not a very tightly controlled study, it has shown me that my OG Hoppers consistently give me more draws before the red LED flashes than the IO provides before "low power mode" flashes.

I would prefer that the IO worked like the OG in this respect. I don't quite understand the benefit of "low power mode". Even when I experience it during a draw, it doesn't seem to produce much vapor while in "low power mode". It doesn't feel equivalent to an OG Hopper when it kicks into "low power mode".

I have owned and used multiple OG and IO Hoppers and I swear that no two have ever behaved exactly alike. This even comes down to how the blue LED flashes on my two OG Hoppers that are currently in rotation. One will always flash in groups of 3, even with a fully charged battery. The other only starts flashing when the battery is getting low. The LED behavior when first plugged into the charger also varies somewhat between my different Hoppers.

That has been the most frustrating part of Hopper ownership for me. It seems like they introduced changes as they went along, without really telling anyone what to expect. And I believe that the battery is a wildly uncontrolled variable that makes the Hopper experience inconsistent across users.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I had to purchase the Binzet adapter to work with the IO, same as @ChooChooCharlie. I have one OG Hopper that will not work with the AC adapter regardless of which power supply I use. I tried the older version of the battery insert and adapter ring, as well as the newer version. I tried the supplied adapter and the more powerful Binzet adapter and nothing works on this one OG Hopper.

I am having difficulty understanding the logic and necessity of the "low power mode" of the IO. The manual states "When the battery is low on charge, old, or the air temperature is cold, it will flash the light off every second". I have been tracking the number of draws that I get from multiple batteries over multiple devices (OG and IO). It's difficult to compare the OG with the IO because the OG flashes red and stops heating when the battery is low, however the IO reverts to "low power mode" when the battery is low. So I have been counting the number of draws until the LED flashes red on the OG versus counting the number of draws until the LED flashes "low power mode" on the IO. Two different measuring points. And for the record I live in an area that never has very cold air.

I have one Ti IO that consistently enters "low power mode" after about 4-6 draws on any battery. The same batteries in one of my OG devices can provide many more draws before flashing red. I have one GHB3 battery that gave me 17 draws in an OG Hopper but only 4-6 draws in my Ti IO (again counting the IO draws before "low power mode"). This Ti IO consistently provides fewer draws than my OG units.

I have been tracking the number of draws over several months now. While it is not a very tightly controlled study, it has shown me that my OG Hoppers consistently give me more draws before the red LED flashes than the IO provides before "low power mode" flashes.

I would prefer that the IO worked like the OG in this respect. I don't quite understand the benefit of "low power mode". Even when I experience it during a draw, it doesn't seem to produce much vapor while in "low power mode". It doesn't feel equivalent to an OG Hopper when it kicks into "low power mode".

I have owned and used multiple OG and IO Hoppers and I swear that no two have ever behaved exactly alike. This even comes down to how the blue LED flashes on my two OG Hoppers that are currently in rotation. One will always flash in groups of 3, even with a fully charged battery. The other only starts flashing when the battery is getting low. The LED behavior when first plugged into the charger also varies somewhat between my different Hoppers.

That has been the most frustrating part of Hopper ownership for me. It seems like they introduced changes as they went along, without really telling anyone what to expect. And I believe that the battery is a wildly uncontrolled variable that makes the Hopper experience inconsistent across users.
Great observations! Good to hear from you - it’s been a while I think. How long and how light/hard are your draws? This factors into some of your observations. I definitely take shorted draws with my IO than with my OG.

have owned and used multiple OG and IO Hoppers and I swear that no two have ever behaved exactly alike.
I’m not surprised honestly. Goes to historical lack of quality control. I only have one each of an OG and IO (both Ti) so I can’t compare but I’m not surprised.

And I believe that the battery is a wildly uncontrolled variable that makes the Hopper experience inconsistent across users.
I’ve stated herein a ways back several times that HL batts are not all the same. I’ve had clunkers in several batches I’ve purchased over the years. The latest was better than the previous batches so that’s a small positive. I do believe the IO handles the battery management better than the OG, at least that’s what HL stated when the IO rolled and this has been my subjective observation.

No easy answers. When a Hopper works well, there’s nothing like it. If it doesn’t work optimally it’s a bitter and frustrating pill to swallow. Cheers. :peace:

fogbank

How long and how light/hard are your draws? This factors into some of your observations. I definitely take shorted draws with my IO than with my OG.
I almost always draw at slow/medium speed for a 10 count (one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, etc.). Only on the second draw of a fresh chamber do I shorten it to an 8 count.

I also temp step my sessions, so different sessions are at different temps. Another variable that is not controlled in my testing.

Gregori

CannaBoss
Here's a message I've just sent to thehopper.io. That company is sh*t from day one. Please, DO NOT give them your money. There are lots of top notch vape out there.

Hi there,

Eight years ago, I ordered a stainless steel case for my GH. The GH was completely disfunctional. After several months and warranty return, it still didn't worked but I chose not to send it back. It still sleeps in a drawer.
Now that we are EIGHT years after your crowdfunding, I still didn't received my case. As you don't support the GH and his so-called "lifetime warranty" I think the less you could do is a refund. I'm not expecting any commercial gesture from your services.
My experience with you has been disappointement for years. I don't really expect you to make it right.

A forgotten 2013 backer

Sorry for the langage, not native speaker.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well they've got another week to ship the color units in May as they supposedly said for more recent orders... I'm not holding my breath though, and with other vape purchase opportunities arising for me now, I may end up just canceling my Blue IO 420 pre order..

SquirrelMaster

This is understandable, but my experience has been different, and I'll spend my money as I like. I'm not interested in seeing Hopper Labs fail.
For those with a working device, it's a pretty cool vape. The James Bond of vapes imo. Not my favorite but right up there. There's a cult of followers (and I don't say cult in a bad way) that are die hard fans and I kinda get that. Too bad their customer service is so poor. They haven't closed their doors yet though and they've been around for years so they must be doing something right.

Top Bottom