Discontinued Hopper io

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Dammit my Hopper won't heat up. :( It's 3 am and I'm filling a warranty claim, let's see exactly how good this costumer service really is and how long this will take. :\ I lasted a whole month before it stopped working without warning...but at least I have plenty of batteries right? :rolleyes:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Apologies if this has been brought up previously — is there any possibility that HL could convert/upgrade OG units to IO specs? Would it even be cost-effective? I love having three working Hoppers and an IO. Now all I can think about is having four working IO's!
Interesting question I'm sure a lot of us would like to know the official policy regarding trade-in options. Either email support or, if that takes a long time, maybe ask @VGOODIEZ to look into it on your behalf.
I have traded in 2 non-functioning grasshoppers (both ss) at $80 each, applied toward an io.
It seems to me HL might be amenable to accepting working units on trade too, but I have not read about that in these pages.
HL has said that some amount of io's goodies have been rolled in to Grasshopper, and I think this is true. My most recent units back from warranty have been, well, pretty solid. You don't get white lites, and atm you can't purchase an io back end a la carte, so, transitioning will be a little awkward and take time. I like the trade-in option, and hope it becomes policy. I have two more to trade some time!
Dammit my Hopper won't heat up. :( It's 3 am and I'm filling a warranty claim, let's see exactly how good this costumer service really is and how long this will take. :\ I lasted a whole month before it stopped working without warning...but at least I have plenty of batteries right? :rolleyes:
Bummer.
They seem to be on a roll lately with support, etc for the io; I hope this goes smoothly for you.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Apologies if this has been brought up previously — is there any possibility that HL could convert/upgrade OG units to IO specs?
Not sure, but we considered being beta testers on the IO back in March and asked if the device could be upgraded should the firmware change from the beta units to what firmware Hopper Labs was going to put into the mass production units released once they got a resupply of GH3 batteries as the Beta testers were getting GH2s. Hopper Labs stated "the process is too involved".

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Does the io mag charger work with the OG Hopper? My first gen mag charger I got with my pre order Ti is a bit flaky recently. Only use it in my car (I have external chargers at home). Depending on the answer to this, I may blindly pull the trigger on an io. I’ve been wrestling and grappling whether I’ll have better success with an io - and with HL in general - than I’ve had with my Hopper as it’s 4+ years old and it’s consistency has diminished over time after its RMA (I’ve had it back 11 months now). Even with new batts which I have and cleaning the thing top to bottom, I feel like I’m missing something. Vapor just isn’t consistent. More horsepower would help though I’m a native user (don’t even use the silicone tips much) and not a high temp user either. :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does the io mag charger work with the OG Hopper? My first gen mag charger I got with my pre order Ti is a bit flaky recently. Only use it in my car (I have external chargers at home). Depending on the answer to this, I may blindly pull the trigger on an io. I’ve been wrestling and grappling whether I’ll have better success with an io - and with HL in general - than I’ve had with my Hopper as it’s 4+ years old and it’s consistency has diminished over time after its RMA (I’ve had it back 11 months now). Even with new batts which I have and cleaning the thing top to bottom, I feel like I’m missing something. Vapor just isn’t consistent. More horsepower would help though I’m a native user (don’t even use the silicone tips much) and not a high temp user either. :peace:
Yes.
I have 3 'models' of the mag charger (original -two leads attach to it, v2- which has a single led and the new io version, also a single lead). They are, in use, interchangeable and I've used any/all to charge several different og's and an io.
Hey, before you blindly pull the trigger on an io, ask 'em about swapping your og in trade....

Vaporific

Yes.
I have 3 'models' of the mag charger (original -two leads attach to it, v2- which has a single led and the new io version, also a single lead). They are, in use, interchangeable and I've used any/all to charge several different og's and an io.
Hey, before you blindly pull the trigger on an io, ask 'em about swapping your og in trade....
Thanks. Good to now about the inter-operability with the mag chargers. Hadn’t really considered trading in my OG Hopper. The thought of inquiring about this with HL gives me agita given my customer service history with them. It may be easier just to buy an io (and money isn’t the point - and I could buy several now if I wanted too - but a single working unit out of the gate is the hope). Partially a mild case of VAS, curiosity with the only on-demand convection vape I’m interested in, and slight caution thrown into the wind with this. I’m deliberate this way. But yes, I’ll likely pull the trigger on one but I could wait a bit. Cheers. :peace:

Uridium

Thanks. Good to now about the inter-operability with the mag chargers. Hadn’t really considered trading in my OG Hopper. The thought of inquiring about this with HL gives me agita given my customer service history with them. It may be easier just to buy an io (and money isn’t the point - and I could buy several now if I wanted too - but a single working unit out of the gate is the hope). Partially a mild case of VAS, curiosity with the only on-demand convection vape I’m interested in, and slight caution thrown into the wind with this. I’m deliberate this way. But yes, I’ll likely pull the trigger on one but I could wait a bit. Cheers. :peace:
I wouldn’t wait, life is too short.

and the vape is kick ass 👍

Vaporific

I wouldn’t wait, life is too short.

and the vape is kick ass 👍
“We are only immortal for a limited time” (N. Peart - RIP). A majority of reviews herein have been positive yet there are several reported issues I’m a bit wary of. I can wait a bit and lining things up (per above questions re: PFE and mag charger) before I jump in. It should be a no-brainer yet I’m being deliberately cautious. Always love my OG Ti when it works well however consistency over periods of time have eluded me in one way or another, including its year-long RMA. It worked great upon return, not nearly as much recently almost 11 months since I got it back.

“If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice” (same as above) which loosely translates to me waiting a little bit more :):peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeMama

That is the new color of the IO lights, yes.
Thank you!
I just tried this thing. Either it’s broken or they created a monster: I get quick, thick clouds in seconds and the Temperature is on ONE. I used to not get shit out of my regular hoppers unless o was at at least T 3.5.
Can anyone testify as to their experience of the IO for me?
Much appreciated and thanks again for the fast reply!

Apologies if this has been brought up previously — is there any possibility that HL could convert/upgrade OG units to IO specs? Would it even be cost-effective? I love having three working Hoppers and an IO. Now all I can think about is having four working IO's!
You and I have the same disorder. Lol.
I have two OGs myself. but, to your point:

I got my IO because they’ve had my OG for a YEAR. They told me that I can get an IO for $85 discount (BFD). Why wouldn’t they, indeed, use the bodies at least?!

MoltenTiger

Thank you!
I just tried this thing. Either it’s broken or they created a monster: I get quick, thick clouds in seconds and the Temperature is on ONE. I used to not get shit out of my regular hoppers unless o was at at least T 3.5.
Can anyone testify as to their experience of the IO for me?
Much appreciated and thanks again for the fast reply!
It's a monster. Temps from 180-230 this time around, so every notch is good for cannabis

I figure temp 3.4 is the equivilant to the old temp 5, but legacy units temps weren't exactly consistent

JoeMama

It's a monster. Temps from 180-230 this time around, so every notch is good for cannabis

I figure temp 3.4 is the equivilant to the old temp 5, but legacy units temps weren't exactly consistent
Hey Molten, thanks! Hope you been well.

Yeah, I'm impressed with how true to "on-demand" it is. I've been on using carts the last couple of years because I'd gotten so discouraged with the OGs. I'm gonna use this thing every night and treat it with respect, half-thinking it's gonna die at any moment. I hope I'm wrong!

Vaporific

I'm gonna use this thing every night and treat it with respect, half-thinking it's gonna die at any moment.
This is one reason why I’m waiting. I’ll certainly take a bit more horsepower but more importantly, quality and consistency. The io sounds appealing improved over the OG Hopper. The instant on feature is least important to me; I don’t mind waiting for 5 seconds for any vape to heat up and the Grasshopper always shines in this regard. I never had a problem with my OG Hopper’s heat up time nor the blue/read lights, so the io’s lights and ‘instant on’ ability doesn’t impress me that much. Is it unique and perhaps unprecedented though but not a selling point for me. It’s the form factor for me which is why my curiosity is piqued again by HL. We’ll see. :peace:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I'm now in the possession of a zombie Hopper, risen from the dead after not working yesterday!:zombie: I used it three times so far and no problem. No idea what happened since I didn't do anything special to it. But it works now, I hope it was more of a user error than a hardware failure so I don't have to send my Hopper for repairs. I haven't heard from Hopper yet but @VGOODIEZ is on my case so I'm in good hands. :tup:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well ... should have an IO soon :) ... 23 days after my Hopper IO left the USA and was en-route to Canada ... it actually made it to Canada! :lol:

I think it must have crossed by canoe on the Great Lakes! I don't see how else it could have taken >3 weeks to make it over a border that is literally a line in the sand!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think it must have crossed by canoe on the Great Lakes! I don't see how else it could have taken >3 weeks to make it over a border that is literally a line in the sand!
Maybe we've started on the Wall up there, now that the Southern Wall is nearly complete. I think we're getting you guys to pay for this one, just like we handled that other one. There might be some sporadic delays in some services during this time.

Chronicles22

I just gotta say — I don’t know if my OG ti just gets really hot or what but it gets much darker avb and faster extraction than my SS io— does anyone else have an OG to and a SS io that could comment on this as well?

Maroon-Scholar

Well ... should have an IO soon :) ... 23 days after my Hopper IO left the USA and was en-route to Canada ... it actually made it to Canada! :lol:

I don't know how much you're aware of recent news from south of the border, but Trump is doing a number on the postal service (on top of there's the now-normal chaos of dysfunctional governance in a historic pandemic). So I would expect serious delays with any cross border shipping for the time being.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I just gotta say — I don’t know if my OG ti just gets really hot or what but it gets much darker avb and faster extraction than my SS io— does anyone else have an OG to and a SS io that could comment on this as well?
I have an OG Ti and a SS io. My SS io gets hotter and extracts faster than my Ti OG. The ABV from my Ti OG on temp 5 looks similar to the ABV my SS io produces at temp 4.

Top Bottom