Discontinued Hopper io

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Has anyone heard when the colored Ti's will start shipping?
Been out of the loop for a while as work has been insanely busy...

As for charging, I leave my OG mag charger hooked up to my PC and just connect the hopper.
Works every time without any issues, been doing it for years now.
I'll ask about the anodized stuff. Hopefully within the next 30-45 days.

ohmygodimsohigh

As for charging, I leave my OG mag charger hooked up to my PC and just connect the hopper.

July 2020 according to their website!
I think when I bought the estimate was March though :\
(still waiting, grasshopper deja vu)

WhyAreWeWaiting

Been using my IO for about 2 weeks.

Everything fine.

Last night it stopped working.

Now it stays permanently switched on but no heat. Can't switch it off.

Tried backend from an original.

Lights come on but as soon as I start to draw they start flashing and it stops heating.

And then lights go off.

Seems to run the batteries down real fast.

What do I do now?

Emailed Hopper.

Hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow.

Uridium

Been using my IO for about 2 weeks.

Everything fine.

Last night it stopped working.

Now it stays permanently switched on but no heat. Can't switch it off.

Tried backend from an original.

Lights come on but as soon as I start to draw they start flashing and it stops heating.

And then lights go off.

Seems to run the batteries down real fast.

What do I do now?

Emailed Hopper.

Hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow.

my hopper started to do this just recently, I checked the back end threads and there was a silvery deposit in the back end threads, I used some iso and a cotton swab to clean it like new again. Assembled. Charged with the cable and it seems to have sorted itself.

My symptom was it would start flashing and go into limp mode during the first draw after a fresh charge. Same with both new batteries, both charged in nitecore D2.
When placed back in the charger they were not discharged fully at all.

was maybe thinking batteries but now it’s working ok again I’m not sure.

Guest399

does anyone know if the titanium front end has copper behind the screen too like the SS Front End?

i mean rgeluar Frontend from the OG Grasshopper too. I dont know, but i think they are the same

WhyAreWeWaiting

my hopper started to do this just recently, I checked the back end threads and there was a silvery deposit in the back end threads, I used some iso and a cotton swab to clean it like new again. Assembled. Charged with the cable and it seems to have sorted itself.

My symptom was it would start flashing and go into limp mode during the first draw after a fresh charge. Same with both new batteries, both charged in nitecore D2.
When placed back in the charger they were not discharged fully at all.

was maybe thinking batteries but now it’s working ok again I’m not sure.
Tried cleaning the threads on both back ends and on the threads on the body.

Same problem.

IO backend won't switch off.

GH backend dies when you start to draw and flashes even though battery is fully charged.

MoltenTiger

Tried cleaning the threads on both back ends and on the threads on the body.

Same problem.

IO backend won't switch off.

GH backend dies when you start to draw and flashes even though battery is fully charged.
Does the io work when it is stuck on? Or is it not heating up too?

Sounds like the clicker could be busted. There was some talk about the legacy back-end getting stuck off because of a loose pin (?) And I think the recommendation was to smack it down against a piece of wood so it would reseat the pin.

No idea how the internals differ with the io.

But if the io is also not heating up, it's pretty hard to say which side is having the problem (it could be both).

Fwiw my legacy back-end (’18) powers the io, but it heats up after a few tokes and doesn't seem to handle the power well.

I can try my older ('16) back-ends to see what happens if that would be any help

WhyAreWeWaiting

Does the io work when it is stuck on? Or is it not heating up too?

Sounds like the clicker could be busted. There was some talk about the legacy back-end getting stuck off because of a loose pin (?) And I think the recommendation was to smack it down against a piece of wood so it would reseat the pin.

No idea how the internals differ with the io.

But if the io is also not heating up, it's pretty hard to say which side is having the problem (it could be both).

Fwiw my legacy back-end (’18) powers the io, but it heats up after a few tokes and doesn't seem to handle the power well.

I can try my older ('16) back-ends to see what happens if that would be any help
It doesn't work at all with IO backend even when stuck on.

It heats up briefly with the GH backend, but then starts flashing & heat dies, lights switch off

GH backend also gets hot which the IO backend wasn't doing until this problem arose.

This will have to be returned for RMA.

The question is when will I see it again? And will I have repeated RMAs like I had with the GH with the IO device spending more time in Hopper than with me?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It doesn't work at all with IO backend even when stuck on.

It heats up briefly with the GH backend, but then starts flashing & heat dies, lights switch off

GH backend also gets hot which the IO backend wasn't doing until this problem arose.

This will have to be returned for RMA.

The question is when will I see it again? And will I have repeated RMAs like I had with the GH with the IO device spending more time in Hopper than with me?
Regardless of whether it is body or back end, I believe HL will want it back so they can assess the issue properly.
When my first one failed during its' first week, HL promptly sent a whole new boxed unit and I returned the original. Easy. The push lately seems to be to keep the io peeps happy, so don't despair!

The current email for support is support@thehopper.io

WhyAreWeWaiting

Regardless of whether it is body or back end, I believe HL will want it back so they can assess the issue properly.
When my first one failed during its' first week, HL promptly sent a whole new boxed unit and I returned the original. Easy. The push lately seems to be to keep the io peeps happy, so don't despair!

The current email for support is support@thehopper.io
I'm fairly optimistic that they'll try to sort me out promptly. But last time my package went walkabout with USPS for 3 weeks. Not blaming Hopper for that. And now that Trump is trying to destroy USPS it might even take longer.

Update: Hopper Labs got straight back to me by email. Good customer service.

Last edited:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor

I had placed an order for a colored TI last Wednesday. When I found out they weren't shipping yet, I asked for an update. Hopper Labs told me 60 days before the colored Ti ship. So, I requested to change my order to regular Ti. Hopper Labs customer service was super responsive, replying in less than 24 hours in all cases and shipped it out super quick. I originally ordered Wednesday, got the feedback on colored and had my regular Ti at my house on Saturday! Note that I live about 10 miles from their office, hence the super short shipping time. In this case, their customer service was on point.

My first impressions of the io is all positive. Instant heat up time, vapor seems cooler and smoother than my original stainless and Ti units, smoother/easier button press. All improvements. Hopefully long-term reliability will be there (my OG Hoppers have never given me a problem, though). If it proves to be reliable, I see this as my go to vape from now on.

GoGlass

Hello to all,

I have ordered an IO with 4 batteries and one PFE and i have received an IO with 4 batteries .......but no PFE !

The PFE that i had ordered was not in the package. Not even a word to tell me that it was not in the shipment, or to tell me if they had planned to send it back to me one day......

In other words, completely non existent customer service....

I send an email to "support@thehopper.io" no response....
I send an email to "orders@thehopper.io" no response....

But fortunately VGoddiez is here and he says that is going to check this..... Anyway.....this is not a pleasing customer experience, even if HL is not a big company.

About the IO itself : is it a dopegun ? Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts about this vape go in the same way than the others review : it's a top notch vape, instant ON, so small and discreet, powerful, etc....

Even at Setting 1 you have some impressive hits.

It's the vaporizer that we all have dream BUT ..... I CANT USE THE IO ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!

This thing is totally unusable as is, even at Setting 1, the mouthpiece is way tooooo hhhhhooooooootttt, i just can't hold the first draw entirely !!!

I really don't understand how some users can use it without mouthpieces / extensions / watertools, etc..... ples explain me !!!!!!!!

I, at this time i use it with two pieces of glasses :

IMG_20200817_144129(1).jpg

It works very well ! I can go up to settings 4 without problems... Here the IO is a pleasure to use !

I have some hopes in my future PFE, i have seen in the GH Thread some pictures with Grasshopper + PFE + 510 drip tips, and i really hope that it will be a more discrete solution .....

Tell me guys if you have some tips for use the IO with PFE and drip tip...

Guest399

Hi @GoGlass

you're right the hopper is getting too hot to use it with the frontend without tools. I also had to find out. first i used an rbt glass stem to cool, but very quickly a silicone mouthpiece was enough for me at the highest temperature setting and it is not too hot for me.

but everyone feels it differently

WhyAreWeWaiting

WhyAreWeWaiting,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Uridium

Well I have also been trying to get the PFE and mouthpiece I ordered and paid for a while ago now, this seems to be a recurring thing.

when I emailed them they replied back about UPS delays but it’s not showing a tracking number so my order is still pending shipment as far as I can tell.

I suspect they don’t have any to ship....

Uridium,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Well I have also been trying to get the PFE and mouthpiece I ordered and paid for a while ago now, this seems to be a recurring thing.

when I emailed them they replied back about UPS delays but it’s not showing a tracking number so my order is still pending shipment as far as I can tell.

I suspect they don’t have any to ship....
Anodized or plain? They have them.

VGOODIEZ,

Uridium

Anodized or plain? They have them.
Plain to go with the IO I have. I will admit that it was originally ordered in colour however when I organised the IO I did ask for the plain PFE.

thanks for stepping in VGOODIEZ, I think I sent you a message a month or so ago about it including the order number but I think that was when things were very crazy so I thought I’d give it a while.

I noticed a couple of people had ordered them with the IO and not received them.

I mainly use mine at home through a honey bubbler but am also keen to try the PFE and drip tip combo.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’m gonna ask it anyway (a potentially dumb question): the PFE, is it the same for both the io and OG Hopper or are there different PFE versions? Thanks.

Some above observed their io’s to be very hot natively on low temps. I’m a native user too and take to task the definition of portable vape. It should be comfortable to use. My OG Ti with standard frontend gets very warm and occasionally beyond that but I’ve gotten used to it. I do have PFE I bought earlier this year and haven’t used it much but perhaps it would mate well with an io on low temps. Hmmmm. :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I posted this a few pages back. I also recently bought a drip tip "Aspire Nautilus 2" but I think this one cools better.
aspire-Nautilus-drip-tip.jpeg

@MoltenTiger this is called an Aspire Nautilus drip tip. Got mine in the states for under 5 bucks. @Hjalmark (I think) recommends kinds that use 2 silicone rings (mine can come loose - until a little resin forms around and holds it in better), and I would have preferred wood actually, but am pretty happy with this. Paired with a pfe it completely answers the too-hot-for-the-lips issue.
It is a 'standard 510' drip tip. Pull it out, I'm ready for water tool. Leave it in to take out and about, or use generally around the house.

the PFE, is it the same for both the io and OG Hopper or are there different PFE versions?
It is one pfe for both og and io.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Hello to all,

I really don't understand how some users can use it without mouthpieces / extensions / watertools, etc..... ples explain me !!!!!!!!

I, at this time i use it with two pieces of glasses :

I have some hopes in my future PFE, i have seen in the GH Thread some pictures with Grasshopper + PFE + 510 drip tips, and i really hope that it will be a more discrete solution .....

I am using my IO with just the silicon sleeves that they sell. So far that's been enough for me, which was a surprising change from the OG Hoppers I have.

For my OG Hoppers, the sleeve wasn't enough. @Ed's TnT made me a really nice wood insert for my PFE which I love. That's my go to for the OGs, but I haven't needed it for my IO. For a super cool vapor experience when I'm at home, I've also use a Plenty cooling tube. That results in super smooth and cooled down vapor, but it's big and awkward.

GoGlass

I am using my IO with just the silicon sleeves that they sell. So far that's been enough for me, which was a surprising change from the OG Hoppers I have.

For my OG Hoppers, the sleeve wasn't enough. @Ed's TnT made me a really nice wood insert for my PFE which I love. That's my go to for the OGs, but I haven't needed it for my IO. For a super cool vapor experience when I'm at home, I've also use a Plenty cooling tube. That results in super smooth and cooled down vapor, but it's big and awkward.

Thanks guys for your help and for you (drip) tips !

c76man do you have a picture of this insert ? Is it a kind of wood drip tip that fit well in the PFE ?

GoGlass,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My OG Ti with standard frontend gets very warm and occasionally beyond that but I’ve gotten used to it. I do have PFE I bought earlier this year and haven’t used it much but perhaps it would mate well with an io on low temps.

I felt the same way about the OG. I could deal with the heat native and preferred the standard frontend. I only used the PFE with glass which was rare. With the io, the increased airflow pairs really well with the PFE which also has less restriction than the standard frontend. This makes the draw very open and airy and it is a very pleasant experience. Especially since it can keep up if you max out that airflow, there’s no need to take it easy to avoid overwhelming the heater. I almost always use the PFE now, even when I’m not pairing it with a glass piece.

Top Bottom