Discontinued Hopper io

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Update:

A small batch of ~1000 batteries has finally arrived and we are currently testing them. We should have SS and Ti io ready to ship very shortly. More batteries will ship from the factory this month. Color units are waiting on the anodizing facility to finish. Due to the virus, they don't have an exact delivery date for us yet.

Terpenoids

Update:

A small batch of ~1000 batteries has finally arrived and we are currently testing them. We should have SS and Ti io ready to ship very shortly. More batteries will ship from the factory this month. Color units are waiting on the anodizing facility to finish. Due to the virus, they don't have an exact delivery date for us yet.

Great news
Thank you
Can't wait for my Ti io.

Last edited:

Stonedbadger

Update:

I'm glad to hear that some batteries have arrived @Hopper Labs how long do you expect testing to take?

Will the 1000 batteries cover all who have currently ordered an IO?

If not when will the next batch arrive and would that batch be sufficient to meet all the current demand?

mushlove2u

Update:

@Hopper Labs i would love an update on my hopper that’s been in warranty since june 2018. I have posted on the portal with no answer about it. Also will you have enough batteries to send my blue io when they are finished??? I also had an order for 2 batteries that I placed 4/18/18 for 2 batteries a PFE and a few other things (the charger/adapter)
When will I receive my items?? I know the charger is not a real item yet so that’s not my biggest concern.
Are you putting batteries aside for all preorder IO’s??? Or will you be sending out SS/Ti new orders with this batch??
If you could be crystal clear with your plan 9f how this is going to work that would be amazing.
I had my legacy purple Ti hopper working for 1 year before it died and it was the best vape I’ve ever used. I want to be able to recommend this company to people, but how when customer service is unreliable??
I have lurked here for quite some time, nice to finally have a reason to join the conversation!! Hello all!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hmmmm. Who’s gonna get new batts first: new IO orders or us schlubs still waiting over a year for their battery accessory orders? I’m in the latter category. Ambivalence again from HL if you ask me. Just playing some devil’s advocacy here for fun. I’m rooting for HL but they often make it hard to do so.:2c: It’s been a bumpy and tumultuous 5 years...:peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Update:

This is great news! And very glad to hear that progress is being made. Are these batteries going to be sent to people based on order of purchase?

ie. If someone bought and was shipped one of the batteries from the fire, will they get at least get one of these if their order was placed prior to someone who ordered an IO? Or at least be contacted to be given the option? I don't mind waiting for mine, as I have 1 functional battery, but for those with no functional batteries, and sometimes multiple Hoppers that are currently paperweights without working batteries, should they not be given consideration in order of purchase?

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Hello. I’m 2 OG Hoppers(v4 and v5) user here.
Nice to meet you all. (Sorry my English.)

I had my legacy purple Ti hopper working for 1 year before it died and it was the best vape I’ve ever used. I want to be able to recommend this company to people, but how when customer service is unreliable??
I’m same in boat with you.
My friend is interested Hopper. But QC/CS are unreliable.
I cannot recommend hopper for this reason.

@Hopper Labs
I understand your prioritise is clear warranty backlogs and development the IO. But stainless case ETA?
Could I buy replacement regular frontend your new site?

Baron23

This is great news! And very glad to hear that progress is being made. Are these batteries going to be sent to people based on order of purchase?

ie. If someone bought and was shipped one of the batteries from the fire, will they get at least get one of these if their order was placed prior to someone who ordered an IO? Or at least be contacted to be given the option? I don't mind waiting for mine, as I have 1 functional battery, but for those with no functional batteries, and sometimes multiple Hoppers that are currently paperweights without working batteries, should they not be given consideration in order of purchase?
Unless I’m mistaken, HL said that they would replace all batteries sold out of that batch before the fire and them telling us to bury them in kitty litter. I have three of them.

But I’m not holding my breath

JCat

Accessory Maker
Unless I’m mistaken, HL said that they would replace all batteries sold out of that batch before the fire and them telling us to bury them in kitty litter. I have three of them.

But I’m not holding my breath
yes, they said they would replace them all, and I was just asking about when :) ... I would imagine they should all be replaced (or at least 1 battery for each purchaser if they wish) prior to any going to IO owners ... as they were all bought and paid for prior to the IOs.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
yes, they said they would replace them all, and I was just asking about when :) ... I would imagine they should all be replaced (or at least 1 battery for each purchaser if they wish) prior to any going to IO owners ... as they were all bought and paid for prior to the IOs.
HL has already stated (wish I could find it to quote) that io orders would get the first batteries. The order of the middle priorities eludes me atm, but bottom of the list is replacements for fire "recalled" batteries

EDIT, found it, I was mistaken. Hopper Labs said, " :io will get batteries and then replacements and then new orders."

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
HL has already stated (wish I could find it to quote) that io orders would get the first batteries. The order of the middle priorities eludes me atm, but bottom of the list is replacements for fire "recalled" batteries

EDIT, found it, I was mistaken. Hopper Labs said, " :io will get batteries and then replacements and then new orders."
Hmmm ... that seems a little wrong ... why should IO owners get prefferrential treatment over Hopper owners that haven't had functional hoppers for months/year(s) due to not having working batteries ...

Like I said above ... I'm fine though ... but this bothers me from a fairness/ethical standpoint ...

Vaporific

Hmmm ... that seems a little wrong ... why should IO owners get prefferrential treatment over Hopper owners that haven't had functional hoppers for months/year(s) due to not having working batteries ...

Like I said above ... I'm fine though ... but this bothers me from a fairness/ethical standpoint ...
It’s called MONEY. A new IO costs 265-295 (or whatever including one free battery) versus 5 new batteries a la carte (which I ordered over a year ago) for $70. Fair? No, I agree. But this is what we’re dealing with. The short-term new shiny thing worth more from a revenue standpoint looms large over battery/accessory orders.... :peace::peace:

Terpenetime

It’s called MONEY. A new IO costs 265-295 (or whatever including one free battery) versus 5 new batteries a la carte (which I ordered over a year ago) for $70. Fair? No, I agree. But this is what we’re dealing with. The short-term new shiny thing worth more from a revenue standpoint looms large over battery/accessory orders.... :peace::peace:

Cashflow was my first thought too but haven’t the io’s been bought and paid for already?

Vaporific

Cashflow was my first thought too but haven’t the io’s been bought and paid for already?
I think folks put deposits down and will pay the balance upon delivery? Maybe the first few hundred, OK. Other are paying full price in one shot so they are getting something in. And there are relatively few IOs now but in total they still cost more than an accessory order, and they’ll get the full IO amount soon. For many who placed and already paid for batteries/accessories, HL already has the cash so they can (and likely will) sit on these in lieu of the launching IOs with larger and more immediate revenue. Indeed, it is cash flow. HL just does it their way. And don’t forget they need to pay to ship battery replacements on their own dime, not ours. Issues - and cash flow - persist, not many answers I’m afraid...:peace:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I agree that the Hopper io preorders getting the battery first is less than ideal. In fairness, Hopper Labs has offered to send an older GHB2 to Grasshopper owners in need of one while they wait for their replacement. They still could have done more like limiting how many batteries you could order with the Hopper io. I’m sure cash flow was the reason as @Vaporific states. It’s an ugly truth but if they go out of business nobody gets batteries.

Let’s not jump to conclusions, we still don’t know the full plan. Supposedly there were 250 pre-orders available but then the offer was extended so it’s unclear how many were sold. This next batch contains 1,000 batteries. They could be sending only one battery from this batch to each Hopper io owner. That would allow them to also replace a large amount of recalled batteries with this batch.

@Hopper Labs

if i pre order the new hopper to germany, i will be buying direct 3 extra batteries because i cant buy so often in other continent.

Would it be possible to get so many batteries in April?

Probably not, but if you make an order in that fashion we will send the batteries at a later date without charging you shipping again.

It’s nice to hear the next batch will be finished by the end of the month but with the international shipping situation right now I would expect them to take a month to arrive.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Here is the full post, offering some degree of explanation;
io will get batteries and then replacements and then new orders. As @vapviking said we have promised io and should ship as it is ready. This will bring in the necessary revenue for continued operations, especially now during this time. Those who are waiting on replacements can still get 1 battery from the older batch to keep them going during this time, just pm.

We will have video and more photo content coming soon. Our video setup was destroyed in the fire and we have been running a very tight budget. We have a new camera coming this week so expect content soon.

So who wants to get an early release io? We would like to get a few of you guys involved. PM me if you had an early reservation and have completed checkout with a Stainless or Titanium model.
So yes, I think they will follow through and ship as many io's as they can; this is the big, exciting product release! And if this generates immediate sales of more io, they will ship those as well.
Drum roll, please...
Has anyone seen any advertising at all for this new product? I'm under the impression it's all been (of necessity) social media marketing, with the main target audience being US!

mephisto

I like your tone @Vapor_Eyes . I have an IO that arrived with a geriatric GHB2, and HL has stated that I needed a new battery. So that would be the new cell included with a new IO. The new arrival of batteries
allows HL to service a broad range of their supporters/customer base. 1000 cells - 1000 potential IO/legacy
owners. That number in the positive will/would/might be a giant positive boost for HL overall. Fuck, at this point I believe HL would be content with 600 modestly satisfied customers. For those that think there will be some specific delivery according to place in line/time, I think you are forgetting what company you have vested in. Strap in, power is on the way. A whole bunch of us will be HAPPIER when it gets here. If anyone
is that existentially compromised waiting for Grasshopper Labs, I will send you my new battery when it gets here.

I thought the silliness associated with the stainless case had been put to rest.

Top Bottom