Discontinued Hopper io

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It feels that way, but wanted to make sure. I can put material in the Ti, hot it 5-6 times, get no
Vapor, dump it out (still green), put that in my SS it hits crazy good. Ive even swapped out the top part to see if that was the issue, but it still heats up my SS
with no issues, and I have the same result with the Ti body-nothing. I’ve submitted the claim and am ready to pack and ship but thought I’d see if any of you geniuses have a quick fix. Sounds like the answer is no.

Thanks my friend

Thanks for your help all.
try swapping bodies/back ends between your two io's.
You should be abe to determine whether your ti's problem Is in the body or back end (or both, but that's unlikely.
Then tell HL your findings; I think they will send your a replacement quickly.
Welcome to the forums. Keep on truckin on.
-from one of the very stable kinds of genius here.

EDIT;
an updaate on the TI & battery sale, with a new checkout code;
From HL;
A New Year is almost here! Say goodbye to 2020 and welcome 2021 with a new Titanium Hopper io. In our first discount on Titanium units ever, save some of that holiday cash and take 20% off batteries and the Titanium Hopper io. We hope to share the enjoyment and relaxation only a Hopper can bring. Stay Safe!

Use code "NewYear" at checkout.

Last edited:

zymos

Guess I’ll just give up and change my order to plain Ti. Fucking tired of being given the runaround. It was going to be shipped in May. Then, when nothing happened by July, it was going to be another 60 days. Then in October it was going to be “soon”.

jabba

Guess I’ll just give up and change my order to plain Ti. Fucking tired of being given the runaround. It was going to be shipped in May. Then, when nothing happened by July, it was going to be another 60 days. Then in October it was going to be “soon”.
I don't personally desire owning any specific color....but I can understand others' desires to do so. I do not, however, understand why HL would give you the runaround and not simply offer you a standard Ti as opposed to keeping you laying in wait. Had they previously offered you the opportunity to accept a regular non colored Ti?

jabba,

zymos

No, they haven’t offered an alternative. And yeah, most companies would probably have done just that, if not at first, at least the other times I’ve contacted them.

zymos,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

jabba

No, they haven’t offered an alternative. And yeah, most companies would probably have done just that, if not at first, at least the other times I’ve contacted them.
.... But have you actually placed an order?.... paid money for a colored ti?.... Or have you merely inquired multiple times?

jabba,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Given that HL has not, in months, shipped the color Ti you paid for, and that the Ti io's are currently on sale for 20% off, it seems only reasonable that you could ask for a refund (store credit?- maybe buy a couple of sale batteries, accessories, etc.) down to the sale price, and go ahead and get a 'plain' Ti.
Good luck!

guyonthecouch

Yes, I preordered last Spring. I wouldn’t waste time bitching about it otherwise.
You preordered a colour Ti last spring and you contacted them between now and then requesting an exchange to a plain Ti and they declined the option? Not questioning you, just trying to get a clear picture.

My understanding is this has always(even back when ordering an OG Grasshopper) been an available option. Order and wait for your colour Ti to be ready or if you would rather not continue waiting for the colour batches to be produced, change your order to the plain Ti. There's no pricing difference so it doesn't matter to HL or affect them logistically in anyway.

FYI colour anodizing process is done by a 3rd party company, HL has to send the units off to get anodized and then wait for them to be returned to be completed. This happening on schedule during lockdown era is wishful thinking.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You preordered a colour Ti last spring and you contacted them between now and then requesting an exchange to a plain Ti and they declined the option?
I don't think that he said he had asked for a swap, only that he had contacted them multiple times. Seems HL did not come back directly offering a change to the order, so it has reached this point and now he's given up on waiting and ready to change the order. That was 4 posts up from yours.

While we can all understand scheduling delays and worse during the pandemic, the irritating part comes from how HL handles the marketing and communications end -- always just projecting "next month" rather than an honest "we don't know".

Mr. Me2

I don't think that he said he had asked for a swap, only that he had contacted them multiple times. Seems HL did not come back directly offering a change to the order, so it has reached this point and now he's given up on waiting and ready to change the order. That was 4 posts up from yours.

While we can all understand scheduling delays and worse during the pandemic, the irritating part comes from how HL handles the marketing and communications end -- always just projecting "next month" rather than an honest "we don't know".
But now he gets to buy a plain ti on sale. I didn’t compare the earlier price but hopefully this is a $$$ win (although without color).

zymos

What vapviking said- I haven’t asked for a plain Ti, they never suggested it. It took a while for me to learn that even the plain Ti ios were shipping, since I had preordered and HL didn’t initiate any communication about status updates.

I know of other companies that, during 2020, have announced, manufactured and shipped products that involved global supply chains and contract manufacturing, so HL doesn’t get an automatic pandemic pass from me. I’ve been a customer since the Kickstarter, so I know all about waiting!

(The current sale doesn’t change things for me- I had a special preorder deal and paid around $170 I think. )

Anyway, thanks for listening to me gripe. I really did want the colored one I ordered, but am tired of waiting so I guess I should just go with what is available.

Michel

The IO lately kicked off the fire alarm sensor in the middle of the night 😳. One sneaky hit before going to bed was the plan. Well, obviously it wasn’t sneaky at all.
I was sitting at least 6ft away on a couch. I assume I blew the immense cloud upwards but surely in the opposite direction...

My unit is from July and hits like a train. One heavy draw and the entire bowl is evenly roasted. Quite happy so far. My other vapes are collecting dust since I received the IO. I own S&B portables, 252*C MV Glasscore, Dynavap, Volcano (sold) and some others not worth to mention...

tryingtowin

Got my replacement backend hits like a dream again. The dial is WAYYYY more smooth than my previous dial. The one that went faulty got really tight and stuck..then heard a chip grinding noise and it worked wonky for a week and moved the dial again and it stopped working. Hopefully with this new smooth one I can continue to change the temps. I know for a fact if I didnt change the temp that time I would still be using the original backend..but MUCH more happier with the smooth replacement. Shipped out the 2nd day i put in a request and came in 2 weeks

cliffhanger1

hi @all
i have a problem with one of my io hoppers.

after half a year of daily use, it only gets very little warm at the highest temperature level and there is hardly any steam at the highest level.

does anyone have an idea what the error could be? a new battery doesn't help either.

the backend works on a different body correctely. so the fault must be in the body

cliffhanger1,
Reactions: vapviking

slozukimc

hi @all
i have a problem with one of my io hoppers.

after half a year of daily use, it only gets very little warm at the highest temperature level and there is hardly any steam at the highest level.

does anyone have an idea what the error could be? a new battery doesn't help either.

the backend works on a different body correctely. so the fault must be in the body
Sounds like you figured it out.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
:shrug:but what could possibly help?

Have you tried cleaning threads and battery contact points?
It sounds like you'll need a repair/new back end, I'm guessing you know the drill.
They've been good about io warranty stuff.

On another note, I've just experienced my first "all used up" GHb3, that came packaged with an io from early July 2020, so, 6 months of service. I couldn't begin to guess how many charge cycles or any such stat; I have had multiple devices and a bunch of b3's around here.
The behavior is simple; in device, it will go to 'full charge' double blink, but then in when clicked on, soon goes to quick flashing low power indicator.

Momor

I received my SS hopper io 3 days ago. It took 1 month from order date to get it delivered in France.

I was surprised the box of the vape wasn't sealed and they stuffed the accessories I had with it in the hopper box (silicon mouthpieces and PFE)

Then I took of the original MP out and it was all black inside with what look like rust on the walls
20201230-151531.jpg

20201230-151955.jpg

Here are pictures of the original MP next to the PFE.
I wrote HL about it and they responded within a few hours that they were going to ship me a new MP.

So I only used it with PFE and was very impressed. I got very big clouds even on temp 1 and I can surprisingly very easily handle draws natively even on temp 5 (10+ seconds draws)

Then realised that I don't really feel any differences in heat between temp 1 and 5 and there is no way any vape can produce so big of clouds at 150°C (what should be temp 1).
Until then I was taking 1 draw at each temp setting and my last draw at 5 was giving me really nice dark abv.
I then tried to stay on temp 1 until vapor trail of and bump to 5 to get what should be left/unvaped and got nothing and the AVB is as dark as it is after big draws on 5.
So I can confirm there is no real heat settings with my io.
(I tried to put my temp 1 AVB of the io in my TM at 11 and got almost nothing, and my TM is on the edge of combustion at this setting)

The not bad part is that I'm able to get very big clouds and quite thorough extraction with my io, natively, without real heat discomfort, but I would like to be able to use the whole range of temperatures.

I'll write to HopperLabs today about it and see what they say.

All this make me think I could have been sold a refurbished unit?
Did anyone that bought an io during the sale received one in a sealed box?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I received my SS hopper io 3 days ago. It took 1 month from order date to get it delivered in France.

I was surprised the box of the vape wasn't sealed and they stuffed the accessories I had with it in the hopper box (silicon mouthpieces and PFE)

Then I took of the original MP out and it was all black inside with what look like rust on the walls
20201230-151531.jpg

20201230-151955.jpg

I wrote HL about it and they responded within a few hours that they were going to ship me a new MP.

So I only used it with PFE and was very impressed. I got very big clouds even on temp 1 and I can surprisingly very easily handle draws natively even on temp 5 (10+ seconds draws)

Then realised that I don't really feel any differences in heat between temp 1 and 5 and there is no way any vape can produce so big of clouds at 150°C (what should be temp 1).
Until then I was taking 1 draw at each temp setting and my last draw at 5 was giving me really nice dark abv.
I then tried to stay on temp 1 until vapor trail of and bump to 5 to get what should be left/unvaped and got nothing and the AVB is as dark as it is after big draws on 5.
(I tried to put my temp 1 AVB of the io in my TM at 11 and got almost nothing, and my TM is on the edge of combustion at this setting)

The not bad part is that I'm able to get very big clouds and quite thorough extraction with my io, natively, without real heat discomfort, but I would like to be able to use the whole range of temperatures.

HL doesn't seal any of the boxes, and yes, they will often stuff accessories into the same box, below the io.
That mp looks horrible.
I hope you get quick action on these issues, and that it doesn't cost you any $ to post from France any of these brand new parts.

Momor

HL doesn't seal any of the boxes, and yes, they will often stuff accessories into the same box, below the io.
That mp looks horrible.
I hope you get quick action on these issues, and that it doesn't cost you any $ to post from France any of these brand new parts.
Good to know about the unseald boxes. Thank you.

Kinick23

@zymos i feel your pain, same I ordered a colored unit in March and after one or two updates with hopper was told to expect receipt of my colored unit in December. Well that came and went and saw your post. I just emailed them to see if the could offer me the plain at the discounted price for the new year sale that’s ending today and I would swap out. Let’s see

Kinick23,
Reactions: zymos

cliffhanger1

Have you tried cleaning threads and battery contact points?
It sounds like you'll need a repair/new back end, I'm guessing you know the drill.
They've been good about io warranty stuff.

On another note, I've just experienced my first "all used up" GHb3, that came packaged with an io from early July 2020, so, 6 months of service. I couldn't begin to guess how many charge cycles or any such stat; I have had multiple devices and a bunch of b3's around here.
The behavior is simple; in device, it will go to 'full charge' double blink, but then in when clicked on, soon goes to quick flashing low power indicator.
yes the threads are cleaned

I checked the defective body with another backend and there is the same error.

and the backend of the broken body works fine with other new bodies.

so it has to be on the body. I once removed the sieve from the oven, but couldn't see anything noticeable.
I am thinking ?? if it might be worth getting electronics cleaner and cleaning something under the sieve in the oven.

cliffhanger1,

tryingtowin

20201230-151531.jpg

20201230-151955.jpg

The temp settings do work. Try to vape a bowl on temp 2. How many pulls until the avb gets brown? Try the same thing on temp 5..Now compare the avb and see what happens

Momor

The temp settings do work. Try to vape a bowl on temp 2. How many pulls until the avb gets brown? Try the same thing on temp 5..Now compare the avb and see what happens
So, this is what happens :
20210103-230420.jpg

Left is the result off 4 draws on temp 1.
Right is 4 draws on temp 5
Besides the AVB I can say that it was the exact same experience with both temp settings.

It will cost me around 50€ to send my io back for RMA :ugh:
Do you guys think I should try to spray contact cleaner in the backend through the clicker hole? Is there a risk to void the warranty this way?

Momor,
Top Bottom