Discontinued Hopper io

fogbank

Does anyone have enough experience with USPS to confirm if they have ever seen/heard of the USPS’ tracking site indicating that the shipping label is created but they have not received the package yet when the shipper says they have given them the package?

That is my current orders status....
I have been shipping a lot of stuff via USPS lately (eBay sales). When I print the shipping label the USPS tracking shows that the label was created. What I do is take the packages to the post office, wait in line, and have the postal worker scan my packages into the system. At that point the USPS tracking reflects that the package is in USPS possession. I could just drop the packages off and leave. At that point the tracking would show that the label was created, but I would say that I have given them the package. This would be the case until USPS scanned the package into the system.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
As much as I was looking forward to using my week old Ti IO with my bubbler this evening, which my cat broke earlier today, I did a small reclamation project out of a small glass spoon pipe a friend gave me months ago. I hadn’t forgotten about but it was from her combustion days. It needed a serious cleaning. And it got a good one with some PBW and hot water in a Pyrex. It’s now squeaky clean and dry. And I just used it with my IO for the first time.

Though I’ve had my IO a week I haven’t used it daily (too long a work day yesterday and may have used my Tinymight exclusively one night - aaahh). Since I’m mostly a native user and running my Hoppers (an OG Ti and the IO) relatively low effect has been a little lacking with the IO. I’m getting great clouds but too much irritating vapor with the native frontend. The PFE does help a bit and I used that exclusively one night and a few other occasions (there are always those :) ). Tonight however I put the native frontend on with a new silicone tip (of which I have several new ones) and started ripping with the spoon and IO. I think after the 3rd load (which I had changed strains) and on 2.6 (the highest I’ve run my IO yet I know it’ll work at a higher temp) I finally felt IT. This is what it should be like. I loved using the spoon with it. And I’m sure I’ll go a little higher tempwise with it soon.

On the one hand my new IO seems to be performing as expected and near flawlessly. Threads fore and aft on all three pieces of the vape are wonderfully smooth. I do wish it were a bit more comfortable to use at higher temps without either burning my lips or throat. To me that’s the true test and definition of a portable. I know other Hopper owners run theirs natively hotter than me - and that’s fine with me! Don’t get me wrong, I think the IO (SO FAR) is an improvement over the Grasshopper yet I’m feeling compelled to have to use something to cool the vapor with to get better effects. It’s one more thing a portable purist (and minimalist) abhors. It’s been only a week but so far so good and it’s nice having a suped-up Hopper (and new batts) at my disposal. The honeymoon continues... :peace:

Last edited:

Reefer Fiend

Lovin' Life
I have read that Hopper batteries should be stored with about a 40% charge. A full charge is 4.2 V, but what is full discharge, and how many volts would constitute a 40% charge?

Reefer Fiend,

Guest399

I have read that Hopper batteries should be stored with about a 40% charge. A full charge is 4.2 V, but what is full discharge, and how many volts would constitute a 40% charge?
i asked the same with no response days ago..
now i charge my batteries which i store for about 48-50 minutes with my Xtar MC2. it is the half of normal loading time.
and i put the batteries in another charger which has a store program to control the V number and at some batteries it indicated at the controlling that the storage is done

so i think it was a good way from me to store them

Edit: in about 4-5 months i will load them fully to make them empty with vaping, and then will them charge again for about 50 minutes to store again

Last edited:
Guest399,

kilo

I have read that Hopper batteries should be stored with about a 40% charge.
That might be the case but, seriously, I use a half dozen fully-charged batteries in rotation and I have no complaints about battery life. If you can figure out an easy way of monitoring them and taking them off the charger at 40%, go for it. However, I don't think it's really necessary.

Guest399

That might be the case but, seriously, I use a half dozen fully-charged batteries in rotation and I have no complaints about battery life. If you can figure out an easy way of monitoring them and taking them off the charger at 40%, go for it. However, I don't think it's really necessary.
you have a half dozen, but i have almost 2 dozen when my next delivery with my next two hoppers will arrive;)

fogbank

I opened an RMA on an SS IO unit that I received but never used. The unit will only power on if the body is screwed into the back end exacly right. Too loose or too tight and it won't power on. There is a very narrow range of tightness that will work. The issue appears to be with the SS body, as a working Ti IO back end produced the same results with the SS body, and the SS back end worked fine on the Ti body.

I received timely responses and a shipping confirmation for a replacement body. :)

Guest399

My Hopper Paket is at customs for 14 days and nothing happens. Otherwise it would always go through quickly.
I was told on the phone by the post office that 14 days is the limit for the processing time and I should ask the sender to submit an international investigation request. because only the sender can do this.
I wrote to hopper labs 2 days ago and am still waiting for an answer. A week ago you offered me to send the package out again, which i said no thx. I think the offer is no longer valid. It was now sent as registered mail via the post office and is at a different customs office. it used to be faster via DHL
:(

Last edited:

Guest399

What country is this going too? Hoping you don’t say Canada.....
Germany

Edit: Will hope that Hopper Labs will help me. so far the customer service has been excellent.
I'm just worried because they haven't answered me for 2 days because they always answered within 24 hours before.

after all, the package is worth over $ 670 with 2 devices and accessories. But my hands are tied as the recipient to start a investigation request :(

will hope the best

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Just an update on the replacement batteries you may be seeking:

As a reminder, here is the policy on battery replacement and the eligible period for the defective batteries where customers were instructed to dispose of them.

Batteries are covered for 2 weeks from when they are shipped out. After that they are not covered for any reason. The only batteries that will be replaced where shipped in Sept, Oct, Nov of 2019 and have BOTH (GHB2 and Made in China on the label). There are over 120k batteries with GHB2 that do not have "Made in china" on the label. These are not covered and do not have any known issues.

Now it's no secret that batteries have been an issue and it was not possible for people to get them but they are available now. Some of them have been sent out automatically but some of you may still be waiting. If you are waiting go ahead and contact them at support@thehopper.io and Trevor will take care of you. If you want to request extra batteries or other items as well it might be good to include that in your initial communication. I think I speak for Hopper when I say thank you all for your patience on this.

Guest399

@VGOODIEZ
can you please please help me ??

I have commissioned an international investigation request from the German Post (because the normal processing time has been exceeded by far) and I was informed of the result today and told me that the package could not be found and that the German Post was not liable for me.

The sender so HL should report to their shipping company and order an international investigation request for reimbursement. i will I get please my money back or better can i get a new shipment new shipment from Hopper Labs? That is very very much money for me over 680 Dollar
It takes ages until all of this is cleared up.

Please please help me. I cant do anything, the sender only can get money back.

I wrote 2 times to Hopper Labs beginning of the week with no response. they can get money back, i am not from the post.

Edit: HL has now answered and say that they make a claim by USPS and the will make me a new package

THANKS HOPPER LABS, very very much for the good service until here.

i will update when the replacement package is ship out

Last edited:

nonbeliever

Update: If you are in line waiting to send in a unit for repairs, they are suggesting the timeframe for you to be in line just to send in your unit needing repairs is at least 60 days from their acknowledged receipt of the repair request. This is for a non-io unit. Apparently, unless you are willing to upgrade to an io unit (that is, spend money with them), they’ll get around to repairing your non-io unit in traditional Hopper Labs time, meaning sometime between now and 2025.

i will never spend another dime with these clowns or their products.

nonbeliever,

SpaceManWalking

Update: If you are in line waiting to send in a unit for repairs, they are suggesting the timeframe for you to be in line just to send in your unit needing repairs is at least 60 days from their acknowledged receipt of the repair request. This is for a non-io unit. Apparently, unless you are willing to upgrade to an io unit (that is, spend money with them), they’ll get around to repairing your non-io unit in traditional Hopper Labs time, meaning sometime between now and 2025.

Ya, they have had my OG unit since October 2019 with no end in sight, but seem to be repairing IO units very quickly. This is the sixth time I had to send it in. In February 2020, they even asked if I could send them money just to get it fixed/replaced which I did not due because it's under warranty. I still haven't received a replacement.

February 2020:
"Many warranty units were damaged or destroyed in the fire. We can offer a replacement unit with good condition parts and a new generation heater free of charge. This is our responsibility to you as a customer, but if you can contribute anything towards the cost of this new device, we would greatly appreciate it. It will take about 90 days to get these new units to everyone waiting."

SpaceManWalking,

Vaporific

Ya, they have had my OG unit since October 2019 with no end in sight, but seem to be repairing IO units very quickly. This is the sixth time I had to send it in. In February 2020, they even asked if I could send them money just to get it fixed/replaced which I did not due because it's under warranty. I still haven't received a replacement.

February 2020:
"Many warranty units were damaged or destroyed in the fire. We can offer a replacement unit with good condition parts and a new generation heater free of charge. This is our responsibility to you as a customer, but if you can contribute anything towards the cost of this new device, we would greatly appreciate it. It will take about 90 days to get these new units to everyone waiting."
Has HL acknowledged they still have the actual unit and it’s still repairable or was it lost - i.e. damaged beyond repair or irretrievably lost - in the fire? Their supply chain and order management is still lacking IMO which impacts customer service. A buddy is in the same boat - sent his lone pre order Hopper for its first RMA just before the fire and is in limbo status like you. I doubt HL still has the unit and wants money to replace it when it wasn’t his (or your) fault - and they should foot the bill to replace units completely lost in the incident. :peace:

Uridium

I think the first two batteries I got with my io are starting to fade. I pretty much get one or two bowls at full power with one before the blinking starts and the other is not far behind.

I wonder if switching between cells wears out the contact on the back end, is it plated? I can’t remember.

I have been rocking the PFE now for a while and it fits my glass piece perfectly.

still ripping the clouds with this thing, it’s a BEAST!

Vaporific

I think the first two batteries I got with my io are starting to fade. I pretty much get one or two bowls at full power with one before the blinking starts and the other is not far behind.

I wonder if switching between cells wears out the contact on the back end, is it plated? I can’t remember.

I have been rocking the PFE now for a while and it fits my glass piece perfectly.

still ripping the clouds with this thing, it’s a BEAST!
Have you tried cleaning the contacts and threads? How are you charging your batteries - in the IO or with an external charger? I’ve mostly done the latter however I’m using my mag charger (first gen version from my OG Hopper) in the car these days to top off a battery. I have relatively new batteries and they all seem to perform reasonably well - at least 4 loads per batt. I however may not be using my IO as much as you. It is powerful and produces nice clouds nearly every time (except at end of load, which is understandable). TGIF to all. :peace:

SpaceManWalking

Has HL acknowledged they still have the actual unit and it’s still repairable or was it lost - i.e. damaged beyond repair or irretrievably lost - in the fire? Their supply chain and order management is still lacking IMO which impacts customer service. A buddy is in the same boat - sent his lone pre order Hopper for its first RMA just before the fire and is in limbo status like you. I doubt HL still has the unit and wants money to replace it when it wasn’t his (or your) fault - and they should foot the bill to replace units completely lost in the incident. :peace:

They won't give an actual straight answer. I've only received a couple updates since November 2019 and they were only because I reached out them multiple times to try and get a response. I had to contact them five times over two months to get the last update I received in May. They just say they are working as fast as they can and then they give an ever increasing timeline (in May it was "at least another 120 days" when in February they said it would be "90 days").

SpaceManWalking,

Vaporific

They won't give an actual straight answer. I've only received a couple updates since November 2019 and they were only because I reached out them multiple times to try and get a response. I had to contact them five times over two months to get the last update I received in May. They just say they are working as fast as they can and then they give an ever increasing timeline (in May it was "at least another 120 days" when in February they said it would be "90 days").
Sorry for your hassles. Been there done that with my own RMA (pre fire) and battery replacements. If they can’t provide a straight answer like whether they actually have your unit and if it was further damaged by the fire or not, their credibility is out the window. I’ll leave it at that. Honesty is the best policy; not saying anything to the customer just ain’t right. :peace:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

Do you have an open claim? If so send me the reference and I will have it looked at. When was the last time you talked to them? And I just want to put this out there while we are on the subject (and this is not specifically directed at you but more of my feelings as a whole). First, I understand the frustration. Some of you have been through the ringer and then some, so I understand the lack of confidence and spite. I get the sentiment that everyone waiting all this time should just be sent out a new io. But the bottom line is Hopper is not in a position to do that without going under. Now I get that a lot of you would say good, let it happen. But others don't feel the same way and have hope they will turn around. By turn around I mean clean up the warranty and pump out more reliable units. The latter is already happening with the io and let's face it, it is funding the former. Right or wrong, Hopper's fault or not, this is where we are at. So with that we can either make the best of it and they continue the more recent positive service/io reviews, or we just do what has been happening for the last 5+ years which honestly hasn't gotten anyone anywhere.

February 2020:
Please send me your warranty reference with a DM and I will get this looked at.

JCat

Accessory Maker
@VGOODIEZ , I agree with you, and don't agree with you; the part that bothers me is the misinformation and false dates.

If what you say is true, when one contacts them about warranty service for an OG, that is what they should be told, that currently funds are lacking to complete all service requests, and when warranty claims can be completed is unknown; not we will have it to you in 3-6 months if they have no concrete plan on how that timeline is going to come to fruition. Just my 2 cents. (and I upgraded one of my OG Hoppers to an IO ... I do hope they survive and am happy they are producing what seems to be the product we had all hoped for)

Top Bottom