Discontinued Hopper io

eideal852

Someone was asking where he could get some batteries just a few days ago if you read back a little. You might get more if you sell it piecemeal.

Here an interesting pic of the clicker guts. Everything depends on a plastic retractable writing pen clicker. I can see why my last one failed after only around 10,000 clicks. They just don't make portable vaporizers like they used to.... Oh well, the new used clicker is working fine, the bulk of my io is in it's 25th month.
Screenshot-20221010-233226.png
Oh shit, shoulda asked! I have pics of the clicker assembly, its a bit different imho:
" "

Errr, anyone got a backend?

JBone65

Based on their earlier comment about retooling, they might have taken down the old website while preparing the new one.

JBone65,

JBone65

Coming up on 6 years since I took a risk and bought a grasshopper. Eventually traded up to an io 26 1/2 months ago and it still hits like new.

I'm guessing the battery I got from HL a few months ago is the first genuine BGH3 I've owned. I have to get 7-8 long hits before it will take a charge, might can get 10-12 hits before it dies. For almost 6 years I couldn't get more than 5-6 hits on a battery charge so this was surprising.

If anyone wants to sell a ring charger please send me a message.

Last edited:

felvapes

Coming up on 6 years since I took a risk and bought a grasshopper. Eventually traded up to an io 26 1/2 months ago and it still hits like new.

I'm guessing the battery I got from HL a few months ago is the first genuine BGH3 I've owned. I have to get 7-8 long hits before it will take a charge, might can get 10-12 hits before it dies. For almost 6 years I couldn't get more than 5-6 hits on a battery charge so this was surprising.

If anyone wants to look sell a ring charger please send me a message.
You want to buy a ring charger?
I'll sell you mine
I never used it anyway and always used my nitecore

seriousTone

If anyone wants to sell a ring charger please send me a message.
Yeah, it's a real shame that so many people have problems with this company and the vapes in general.

I have an og titanium grasshopper and so far it still hits like new as well; no problems whatsoever with it besides the front end being a little dinged up from dropping it. I don't even have to clean the damn thing except for the cap every now and then. It's pretty damn slick.

Although I've only ever had one battery for it this whole time and lately I've been thinking I should have bought some more, now that they're out of business.

Glad to see that site @vapviking posted is still selling them, I'll order a couple asap. Thanks!

felvapes

Thanks but a 🦗 charger is already headed this direction.

Hopefully, won't need another one for a long, long time. 👍😁
I wouldn't have charged you much more than post tbh
Good you are sorted anyway

I really don't want to give any money to this vape again, but I'm tempted to try a set of batterys from that site posted to see if my units would ride again
But I'm pretty sure my batteries are fine and the hoppers just hopped off as they do

felvapes,

eideal852

Again, any back ends available from anyone? someones gotta have a working backend on their dead heater... my temp dial was "gritty" when i changed temps, so i sorted it by turning back and forth until the whole fucking thing popped apart into 30 pieces...

anyone?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Again, any back ends available from anyone? someones gotta have a working backend on their dead heater... my temp dial was "gritty" when i changed temps, so i sorted it by turning back and forth until the whole fucking thing popped apart into 30 pieces...

anyone?
This really belongs in the classifieds ("Wanted"), probably even get more eyeballs on it there.

vapviking,
Reactions: JBone65

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve been dragging my feet for weeks on this and just ordered some new HL batts on Chosty.com. Not sure how or why they have HL batts when HL doesn’t but I’ll keep my Hoppers (an IO and OG) running longer with some new batts. I have a couple of batches of batts, one newer than the other and the older one doesn’t yield much so they’re essentially worthless. I seldom use the OG and it’s due for a full cleaning this weekend; the IO gets most used of the two and has been fully cleaned recently including soaking the entire body in ISO. It performs the same really, nary an improvement or degradation in performance really. I’m thankful it still works reasonably well with a gently used replacement body I bought after I bent the chamber on the original body trying to remove the heating chamber (which I won’t do again - I learned my lesson!). :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Random thought on batteries, lets hope these last batts that come to market have been well stored, like in a freezer or something! I know that under ideal conditions they could be okay for years.

iirc, the fire was in 2019, and new batteries arrived early- or mid-2020. Those, I believe were likely the last Hopper batteries produced.

Vaporific

Random thought on batteries, lets hope these last batts that come to market have been well stored, like in a freezer or something! I know that under ideal conditions they could be okay for years.

iirc, the fire was in 2019, and new batteries arrived early- or mid-2020. Those, I believe were likely the last Hopper batteries produced.
I think you had posted once (or twice) about storing new, unused batteries in the fridge. It was an informative post if I recall - thank you! I’m going to do this with the new ones I just ordered and will only take them out and charge them when all my existing ones don’t work and have little capacity to hold a charge. I love my Hoppers but I know they don’t get as much use as they used to with other and better vapes in my small rotation. I’ve been looking for something to supplant the Hopper too but haven’t found anything yet to fit my need. We shall see. Lots of options out there though. :peace:

Vaporific,

seriousTone

I’ve been dragging my feet for weeks on this and just ordered some new HL batts on Chosty.com. Not sure how or why they have HL batts when HL doesn’t but I’ll keep my Hoppers (an IO and OG) running longer with some new batts. I have a couple of batches of batts, one newer than the other and the older one doesn’t yield much so they’re essentially worthless. I seldom use the OG and it’s due for a full cleaning this weekend; the IO gets most used of the two and has been fully cleaned recently including soaking the entire body in ISO. It performs the same really, nary an improvement or degradation in performance really. I’m thankful it still works reasonably well with a gently used replacement body I bought after I bent the chamber on the original body trying to remove the heating chamber (which I won’t do again - I learned my lesson!). :peace:
I'm guessing the site is legit?

I need to order some batteries too but hesitated the other night. And jesus they're kind of expensive but I guess nothing to be done about that.

seriousTone,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I need to order some batteries too but hesitated the other night. And jesus they're kind of expensive but I guess nothing to be done about that.
They're good.

vapviking,
Reactions: Vaporific

Vaporific

They’re the same price that HL offered them without any discount, plus shipping.

You can confirm via the website in my SIG.
I do not doubt you my friend! That’s why I referenced your post. Thanks! :peace:

Vaporific,

JBone65

🎆The 🦗 io is two years old today. Working like new thanks to greatdistraction91 selling me a low mileage purple back end. Also got new batteries. Woohoo! 🎆🎇
io-8-22.jpg
Bad news. The visible magnetized SS ring just inside my new (used) purple backend came apart in 3 pieces this morning. It's toast.

Almost made 6 years since my first OG and the io lasted 26 1/2 months with roughly a 98% run rate. I'm dependent on my bamboo HI for the foreseeable future. Things could be worse, I used to rely on smoking via a pipe made from aluminium foil and a TP tube when failures occurred.

This could be the end of the io "experience" for me unless someone offers another back end at a reasonable price.

Maybe HL will come out with another option soon........

No regrets.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Bad news. The visible magnetized SS ring just inside my new (used) purple backend came apart in 3 pieces this morning. It's toast.

Almost made 6 years since my first OG and the io lasted 26 1/2 months with roughly a 98% run rate. I'm dependent on my bamboo HI for the foreseeable future. Things could be worse, I used to rely on smoking via a pipe made from aluminium foil and a TP tube when failures occurred.

This could be the end of the io "experience" for me unless someone offers another back end at a reasonable price.

Maybe HL will come out with another option soon........

No regrets.
omg! hope it had nothing to do with that charger I sent you!

vapviking,

JBone65

I noticed one odd thing. When charging, it just continues blinking as if not getting fully charged. Saw that happen once before several months ago, no idea what it means. Decided to try my other new battery to see if that made a difference. The backend unscrewed normally and the little ring was broken and it of place. It was fine when I put it in a month or so ago. I must have overtightened it or something. NBD. I'm no longer upset by issues with grasshoppers and I have a decent backup device.

JBone65,
Top Bottom