Discontinued Hopper io

Coombs

I know this will sound a little stupid, but I broke my glass adapter for my tinymight for bongs. I'm guessing the shipping will take awhile.

How's the reliability update for this thing going? I remember people in the states were getting this in 2-4 days.
Reliability of mine has been garbage. Best, hardest hitting portable I’ve ever owned. Unfortunately I’ve gotten a total of 1.5-2 weeks max out of it. Can’t be bothered to spend the money to ship it out for a fourth time from Canada.

I just picked up a fury edge on 420 sales for when I need small on the go flower consumption. I know it won’t be hopper level hits, but I’m hopeful it will work when I need it and be close to crafty levels (almost bought another one of those).

So did everyone get the HL 4/20 email today, 2 days prior to said date, addresses to “Trev”? That’s not my name.
Ditto....

Last edited:

kilo

Yeah, I bit the bullet yesterday. Two more fucking io's and a bunch of batteries! Here's the deal — I'd been vaping with my Lotus for months after rediscovering it when I heard it was being discontinued. It's a fine vape; I think it has a pretty good reputation for butane vapes. But with warmer weather I'm spending more time outdoors and butane can be tricky to use outside. Wind is a problem and just trying to see the flame in the bright sun can be a challenge. So I broke out my io. It stings and burns me if I don't hold it just right....but when I saw the Lotus Vaporscope (a custom j-hook) immediately fill with vapor I remembered what I'd been missing. The io hits like a NewVape Flowerpot. Now I don't know how long Hopper Labs will be in business...so I loaded up.

A while back someone here had designed an auxiliary power source which allowed you to use the device without the batteries. Did anything ever come of that? Assuming the electronics hold out, the biggest threat is the batteries becoming unavailable.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
A while back someone here had designed an auxiliary power source which allowed you to use the device without the batteries. Did anything ever come of that?
It was Maxvapor. Don’t recall exact username. Some chargers went out but I think it was a short run. I don’t recall why either. I don’t have one, just use batts and charge them mostly externally. Search for the name and you’ll find it. Good luck! :peace:

fogbank

It was Maxvapor. Don’t recall exact username. Some chargers went out but I think it was a short run. I don’t recall why either. I don’t have one, just use batts and charge them mostly externally. Search for the name and you’ll find it. Good luck! :peace:
Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit

All sold out a while ago. Did not work for me with the IO with the supplied AC adapter. I had to purchase a more powerful brick. I don't use it often.

cliffhanger1

If I didn't live in Europe, I would probably buy a Hopper today. But I don't enjoy sending mail overseas on a regular basis.

Is the IO significantly more reliable than its predecessor model?
with fedex express you receive it without customs and in about 3 days to EU. you must ask for that shipping option

i received today a package from canada in 3 days and in the past from usa more times too. if the shipping costs is little more you safe it with custom fees and taxes maybe and you receive it very very fast ;)

Last edited:

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
I am OG user. is it worth to upgrade?
Mine Ti OG has week heater issue, but I cannnot send back to them due to COVID.
SS OG is works fine. Is IO still unreliable?

west-elec

I am OG user. is it worth to upgrade?
Mine Ti OG has week heater issue, but I cannnot send back to them due to COVID.
SS OG is works fine. Is IO still unreliable?
Yeah due to Covid, wouldn't want your sick OG to get sicker.
Some have had no further trouble but some still on the merry-go-round.
You gotta ask yourself a question, 'Do you feel lucky?', well do ya...(deleted, abuse warning, last chance).

west-elec,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Why am I here again? I saw that it took a long time for colored Ti to ship (a year pre-order again?) but seems they did finally ship just recently! So is that the case, with a new color Ti order today would it ship very soon?? And how would that work, getting extra discount for having an old hopper instead of sending for warranty...? :uhh::D

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Tweakz

west-elec

Why am I here again? I saw that it took a long time for colored Ti to ship (a year pre-order again?) but seems they did finally ship just recently! So is that the case, with a new color Ti order today would it ship very soon?? And how would that work, getting extra discount for having an old hopper instead of sending for warranty...? :uhh::D
Not sure if they are shipping Ti from stock now? Somehow doubt it (cynical me).
To get the 'trade in' discount you need to raise a warranty request, say performance sucks and they will tell you you will have to send it for warranty...But due to covid we can't take warranty deliveries for some time. Sorry for the inconvenience...or you could trade up to the io and get $80 off. They then get you to ship your OG back and give them the tracking number, then add the io to your basket, only then will they add a discount at checkout.
It is at least 3 back and forth emails and hopper don't respond more than once a day if you are lucky, so not sure if you can get on any 4/20 sales for a trade in.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not sure if they are shipping Ti from stock now? Somehow doubt it (cynical me).
To get the 'trade in' discount you need to raise a warranty request, say performance sucks and they will tell you you will have to send it for warranty...But due to covid we can't take warranty deliveries for some time. Sorry for the inconvenience...or you could trade up to the io and get $80 off. They then get you to ship your OG back and give them the tracking number, then add the io to your basket, only then will they add a discount at checkout.
It is at least 3 back and forth emails and hopper don't respond more than once a day if you are lucky, so not sure if you can get on any 4/20 sales for a trade in.

Thanks my dude! That's what I was afraid of for the warranty thing, not worth the hassle right now, I got a new Ti last year so I could use it with my maxvapor PA, but it could not extract fully like my OG SS though fortunately I was able to to frankenstein its backend with my SS so between two of them I am fine keeling them lol

I had sold my original blue Ti to @AJS and that one always was working better, but he also now just uses his SS io and I'm thinking maybe I should try again, back to blue Ti with these 70 watts etc... (new batteries too? or are those still delayed as well??)

Total with shipping and one spare battery looks like just under $237 now, close to justifiable, if shipping relatively soon... However as a pre-order price, with this company, knowing my problems with the original design that have not been addressed at all here... Probably should restrain myself, but then again... ;) :mental:

Last edited:

west-elec

Thanks my dude! That's what I was afraid of for the warranty thing, not worth the hassle right now, I got a new Ti last year so I could use it with my maxvapor PA, but it could not extract fully like my OG SS though fortunately I was able to to frankenstein its backend with my SS so between two of them I am fine lol

I had sold my original blue Ti to @AJS and that one always was working better, but he also now just uses his SS io and I'm thinking maybe I should try again, back to blue Ti with these 70 watts etc... (new batteries too? or are those still delayed as well??)

Total with shipping and one spare battery looks like just under $237 now, close to justifiable, if shipping relatively soon... However as a pre-order price, with this company, knowing my problems with the original design that have not been addressed at all here... Probably should restrain myself, but then again... ;) :mental:
Yeah that sounds pretty good really, they must be more reliable now after all this time...CRASH, BANG, BOOM....
Don't listen to him, it's a trap...BANG CRASH WHAM...
...If you don't use it every day and clean the threads...BOOM, WHOP, SMASH...
You've been through this before you know where it will end, RMA...BOOM, BANG, CRACK...
You would have to be unlucky to get a dud and CS must have improved with all that experience...SMASH, RIP , TEAR....
For God's sake run, get out while you still can...He's got a Hopper to my throat!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
And how would that work, getting extra discount for having an old hopper instead of sending for warranty...? :uhh::D

or you could trade up to the io and get $80 off.

I think Ihis math is right ;)
Banner on HL site;
Stainless Steel Hoppers and Batteries 25% off! Code: "Happy420"

EDIT;
Hey, you og owners, now is the time to upgrade! Not too shabby.
$265 - 80 = 185 X .75 = 138.75
My plain TI IO has been running flawlessly for 8+ months. Love it as do my OG (was without it for a year due to RMA). I’d like to think IO reliability (and certainly performance) are improved however a part of you should feel like you’re rolling the dice. Case in point a buddy’s DOA repaired OG recently (sent in prior to the fire, took them forever to respond to him, finally did, worked out all the financial stuff and logistics) and it don’t work after 18 months of not having it. So if I may posit a quote from my favorite band, “the more things change the more they stay the same”. Mostly. “When a Hopper works well, it works well” - the Hopper Collective :)
:peace:

EDIT: figure above may be for an SS but substitute the price - and do the math :)

JBone65

Looked at my GH account, saw that I registered the first one almost 4 1/2 years in late 2016. Had to wait 9 agonizing mos for the OG in 2018. On my 3rd device now. Upgraded to IO 5 mos ago when the OG developed a serious problem. Filed 7 warranty claims in all, a few were minor and handled quickly when HL mailed a replacement part. It charges quickly and I have never seen e battery run down (might be charging too frequently). It gets hotter quicker and (probably) stays at the desired temp when drawing air thru it better than the OG. Not sure if the IO is more reliable, I hope it is. It's an interesting machine, part mechanical and part electronics. I work it pretty hard, often getting slow 20 second hits, not surprised they fail from time to time. I don't see how HL can survive unless they limit the warranty and begin charging an exchange fee or a processing fee.

EddIW

Anyone from the UK have experience ordering an IO recently? Specifically TI/anodized. Trying to gage shipping times and any custom fees. Cheers

EddIW,

WhyAreWeWaiting

I have 2 IOs. When they work, they're great. But I've had to return both of them for at least 3/4 RMAs in the short time I've owned them. Same faults recurring in both units. Hopper have both of them since 27th March after they both went faulty again after a couple of weeks use. Up until last week they were saying "Thanks for contacting us, I'll talk to the service department". Now they're not responding at all. As far as I can see the IO has all the reliability of the original GH and the customer service is still very poor. They tell me that they are getting very few units in for repair. If that was the truth, why can't they repair mine and send them back? They're still sending me emails with special offers which I find really annoying when I've already invested in 2 IO's, and both devices have spent more time in Hopper Labs than they've spent with me.

If I didn't live in Europe, I would probably buy a Hopper today. But I don't enjoy sending mail overseas on a regular basis.

Is the IO significantly more reliable than its predecessor model?
Don't. I'm having the same experience with lack of reliability as I had with the GH. Can't get a response from Hopper with an estimate of when both of my IOs will be fixed. They've had them for almost a month now.

I have been such a vocal supporter of HL over the years and throughout ownership of four units...so much so in fact....that I have been accused of being a paid shill. Well....I now own two io's...and my latest titanium version purchased in January has never worked properly. It was sent back for repair immediately upon receipt and returned to me with the same poor functionality. I have now been told that they are sending me a 'part' since March 17th with only poor and intermittent communications....and I still have no parts...nothing shipped.... and thus still a non working (new) unit. Very sad in my opinion....a potentially great product absolutely destined for failure. If they can turn me from a fan-boy to my current state of opinions....HL almost has to purposefully neglect and mistreat me....and it appears that they have done just that. I'm pissed and should have known better.
I'm having the exact same experience too. Kicking myself that I was suckered into buying 2 by trading in my faulty GHs which they had for repair for over 2 years. Got 1st one in January 2020 & 2nd one in December 2020. Been returned 4 times. They last a week or 2 and then the same faults again. They've had them now since end of March and they've stopped responding to me.

Coombs

I'm having the exact same experience too. Kicking myself that I was suckered into buying 2 by trading in my faulty GHs which they had for repair for over 2 years. Got 1st one in January 2020 & 2nd one in December 2020. Been returned 4 times. They last a week or 2 and then the same faults again. They've had them now since end of March and they've stopped responding to me.
Suckered is a good word, I feel the same way. Sad these guys have the exact same story with their second product.

west-elec

Suckered is a good word, I feel the same way. Sad these guys have the exact same story with their second product.
Is it a new product though? Apart from the 'instant on' claim, everything else is talk and even instant is dubious. Powerful enough to hit almost immediately, but any resistance wire has a heat up time, even if it is less than a second.
But without the io distinction there was nothing else you could call new, so they couldn't draw a line in the sand with a 'different' product.
Now they can delay and stuff around OG people hoping they all trade up at your cost. Another shady move when you have a lifetime warranty, but we were all hoping and willing to invest again if it kept the dream alive (How many times has the phrase 'when it works it's great' been said in the Hopper threads).
But if the io is no more reliable they are in real trouble.

Top Bottom