• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

Jason Mendoza

I’ve sent several emails to Firewood7. Marc replied to Every. Single. One.

Ryan @ RBT too. Truly cares about our experience.

If they can do it, why not HL and it’s small team of engineers?

I ordered Titanium but a purple PFE. The brighter colors looked like previous model pics floating around the web to me. The pics on their site were consistent.

Why do folks have extra bodies?
Do y’all recommend extra batteries or any other item?
The pfe is only for use with water, right? Why do y’all have more than 1?

I’m teetering on cxing altogether. They are exclusive (not many retailers) and 25% doesn’t come but twice a year. Maybe wait and see til holiday sales. (?)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You've got questions, we've got answers, or at least we'll make some up for you!
I can't figure why an extra body except for the person who wants backup in case of failure, or who is waiting for a repair.

Some extra batteries (even one extra) are good to have, depending on your use. If this were my sole vape I would sometimes outrun the single battery and magnetic charger, so using an outboard charger and extra batts necessary. But it's not, I have other options, so those things are not used a lot lately.

The pfe can be used as an alternate mouthpiece, I happen to prefer it to the standard mp. It has a more open draw. It also facilitates use of a variety of other adders that the standard can't accommodate. A j-hook, a simple drip tip (no more hot lips!) are among them. I have more than one so I can always grab a clean one if the screen gets a little blocked.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My last io purchase was on a (black friday?) sale, and it involved trading in 2 og's. I put an new io in my cart and sent an email to support@thehopper.io with my intent. The answer came over a week after the sale had passed but HL still honored it. I think one difference here is that my swap units were both in warranty cue at that point (I had made the second claim in anticipation of the deal). In your case I don't think it will matter, HL must be glad to get them out of circulation!

Interesting, all the warranty boilerplate. It definitely looks like they've modified it since the og's, but not quite enough to change things like the place to register your device (ghvape.com is the old site). And even if you could use the registration portal there, the devices have no "second" code written on their boxes like the old ones did. Website tells you you need that code to register. Right now the only way to register an io is by specific email request with support.

More trade-in minutia;
My first trade in also involved 2 og's swapped for one io back in July '20 and I don't think they had policy fully ironed out. They asked that I send in the devices, so I sent clean bodies and back ends, no mouthpieces or chargers. The second time I swapped 2 for one they specifically told me they wanted my chargers. I sent 2, but never the first two; that ship had sailed, the deal done. So now I'm pretty fat with chargers - and more front ends than you can shake a stick at since we only use pfe's!
Wtf are they gonna do with used v1 chargers anyway?

Thank you for the info! Yeah I'm not planning to trade anything in, my OG SS gets a hot back end, but that back end is now fused to max vapor setup, unusable, which is why I bought a new OG Ti last year to use the PA... That Ti cannot extract properly, so I used its back end to frankenstein with my OG SS body, and that is what I am using in my photo with the inception hook...

So even though I could file warranty for the week extraction and the hot back end for each of them, I do not want to send them back, so I can continue to use my PA setup... If I could trick them, send in the Ti with the steel back end somehow, then maybe lol

But yeah that's why I am thinking of just buying blue io out right now with the 420 discount on its own!

It's funny because people have had complaints about those folks too, especially RBT has taken a ton of flack for sporadic service, that being said I am not sure any have been as consistently outrageously bad as GH? I mean it really depends who you ask here though!

I ordered Titanium but a purple PFE. The brighter colors looked like previous model pics floating around the web to me. The pics on their site were consistent.

I’m teetering on cxing altogether. They are exclusive (not many retailers) and 25% doesn’t come but twice a year. Maybe wait and see til holiday sales. (?)

Yeah those photos are all definitely old photos, marketing photos from the original, presumably the colors should all be the same though because it's still the same anodization process of the same titanium, no? The only thing they've been changing is internals...

I'm still on the fence, starting to realize all the design flaws again, so I do really think I am lying to myself about the convenience factor because it is so pretty and just another thing to buy lol

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Are they still oblivious? Must be - received this today again addresses to Trev (which ain’t my name):

Hi trev,

Today is the Last day of our 4/20 sale. To celebrate this great event, we have reduced the price of batteries by 50% for the next 24 hours. Stock up now, no checkout code needed. You can still take advantage of the site-wide sale! Check our Performance Front-ends, batteries, mouthpieces, and more. Be sure to check delivery times for hot items.

Use code "Happy420" at checkout.

Personally I think they use the code on themselves like most of the time :rofl: :peace:

EDIT: also received the same email at the old/original email from my preorder OG, and I charged my account a couple of years ago too. Something’s going on. Maybe they were hacked? I wouldnt be surprised.

Last edited:

slozukimc

Are they still oblivious? Must be - received this today again addresses to Trev (which ain’t my name):

Hi trev,

Today is the Last day of our 4/20 sale. To celebrate this great event, we have reduced the price of batteries by 50% for the next 24 hours. Stock up now, no checkout code needed. You can still take advantage of the site-wide sale! Check our Performance Front-ends, batteries, mouthpieces, and more. Be sure to check delivery times for hot items.

Personally I think they use the code on themselves like most of the time :rofl: :peace:

EDIT: also received the same email at the old/original email from my preorder OG, and I charged my account a couple of years ago too. Something’s going on. Maybe they were hacked? I wouldnt be surprised.
I got this one too. Checked on ordering batteries. They are listed at $9 each. Has the regular price changed? They were $14 so I expected $7. Is $9 regular price now or is $18 and 9 is the 50% off?????

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So there are still problems with new Ti? You need the pfe in order to extract properly?
Mine (TI) has been running flawlessly for 8+ months, no issues. Don’t use PFE much and use it natively 99% or the time. A few have had issues with theirs. I can’t recommend it if you have any or severe reservations or want this as your only vape. I’d you’re more tolerant, have other vapes and not too concerned about the cost then it’s palatable and perhaps somewhat better than rolling the dice on one. I mean, look at their recent promotional emails - a shambles without quality control. That’s the tip of the iceberg with them. Some love ‘em, some hate ‘em, and some are indifferent and ignore them altogether. Good luck with your decision. Love my Hoppers (one OG & IO each when they work and both currently do though the OG spent a year at HL for repair). :peace:

Shit Snacks

Hi trev,

Yeah they're still using the original email list, and yeah it's a little, shitty, like offering discount is great but not being clear originally about how long it would last, not being clear that it would be better on the day of 420, not to be clear that it would be better today (I guess you can add these to your order though at no extra cost if you had already ordered)

I got this one too. Checked on ordering batteries. They are listed at $9 each. Has the regular price changed? They were $14 so I expected $7. Is $9 regular price now or is $18 and 9 is the 50% off?????

Yeah I checked that and came here as well, to say that the 50% off is actually a complete lie? They were $14 and they are now $9 so that is actually like under 45% off... Still a fine deal, but like why is it a lie??

So there are still problems with new Ti? You need the pfe in order to extract properly?

Not sure who that was directed to, maybe VV who responded already, but the PFE gives you more direct airflow basically without that cooling cone and other stuff in the regular mouthpiece... I've been using mine with my OG GH+PA setup, so steel body with titanium back end and a heat treated titanium PFE!

50% off batteries today only! Got 10 batteries for $75 delivered. :tup:
Edit:
Hit the code happy420 at checkout and price drops from $9

Despite all of this, I thought I was done with the decision to hold off, but since my cart of blue io with two batteries went from $248 now to $235 I find myself tempted yet again... This is the game they play lol

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Oh, yeah, well they got me, too.
It is a longer story, involves them not answering my ??? about a purchase of a bubbler and some batteries, but also about my io in for service.
Short version, took the bubbler out since they now say out of stock and on a whim I bought a spare io body to get me hopping again plus two batteries I don't particularly need, but the way they set it up with the $9 and then the discount, they are actually $6.75 ea. A hundred bucks is my big 420 splurge this year!

Shit Snacks

Oh, yeah, well they got me, too.
It is a longer story, involves them not answering my ??? about a purchase of a bubbler and some batteries, but also about my io in for service.
Short version, took the bubbler out since they now say out of stock and on a whim I bought a spare io body to get me hopping again plus two batteries I don't particularly need, but the way they set it up with the $9 and then the discount, they are actually $6.75 ea. A hundred bucks is my big 420 splurge this year!

Oh! So they did lie, but in our favor actually, I didn't realize the 25% off code was still discounting the $9 batteries, pretty cool... Damn it just when I thought I was out... :argh:

Man my cart looks nice coming to 268 ! Hmmmmmm ????

Haha have you ever had one of these before?? I am skeptical if a hopper could handle your level of (ab)use! :p

Djsleepy

Oh! So they did lie, but in our favor actually, I didn't realize the 25% off code was still discounting the $9 batteries, pretty cool... Damn it just when I thought I was out... :argh:

Haha have you ever had one of these before?? I am skeptical if a hopper could handle your level of (ab)use! :p
No and I know it’s not meant as a daily driver for me but has me curious! Can see where it may fit in better than some of my bulkier vapes in certain circumstances.

Shit Snacks

No and I know it’s not meant as a daily driver for me but has me curious! Can see where it may fit in better than some of my bulkier vapes in certain circumstances.

Yeah I just know that a nice cartridge and pen battery is going to be so much more convenient, quick easy effective... even though I ofcourse prefer herbs, like TM design has more out and about benefits for me I think? Then why am I still here :lol:

Watched @ShayWhiteGrow's video again and noticed what @SquirrelMaster said about the blue color, that is definitely more washed out slate blue than my original, not that I necessarily mind it as it still looks pretty good to me, and I know there can be variation with titanium anodizing so who knows how it could turn out for my specific batch...? (I like purple too @slozukimc always a tough color choice for me)

HOWEVER in the latest development in my fickle decision making, I discovered from a post on vape life forum (that is a weird bizarro world to me lol) that someone was told the shipping estimate for a titanium unit would be end of May, if they wanted to switch their ss order... So by June, maybe??

Last edited:

Curious. Why are you buying a hopper when you've heard they've got so many things wrong with them and bad support?

slozukimc

Yeah I just know that a nice cartridge and pen battery is going to be so much more convenient, quick easy effective... even though I ofcourse prefer herbs, like TM design has more out and about benefits for me I think? Then why am I still here :lol:

Watched @ShayWhiteGrow's video again and noticed what @SquirrelMaster said about the blue color, that is definitely more washed out slate blue than my original, not that I necessarily mind it as it still looks pretty good to me, and I know there can be variation with titanium anodizing so who knows how it could turn out for my specific batch...? (I like purple too @slozukimc always a tough color choice for me)

HOWEVER in the latest development in my fickle decision making, I discovered from a post on vape life forum (that is a weird bizarro world to me lol) that someone was told the shipping estimate for a titanium unit would be end of May, if they wanted to switch their ss order... So by June, maybe??
I got a message from John at HL stating the color IO’s are shipping now on the 8th of this month. I placed an oder and paid for expedited shipping seeing they are “shipping now”. Still no shipping update and when I ask I get the generic expedited shipping is the carrier speed bullshit. No kidding guys.

Shit Snacks

I got a message from John at HL stating the color IO’s are shipping now on the 8th of this month. I placed an oder and paid for expedited shipping seeing they are “shipping now”. Still no shipping update and when I ask I get the generic expedited shipping is the carrier speed bullshit. No kidding guys.

Sorry, this month, meaning April May or June? lol certainly not shopping now...

Shit Snacks,

slozukimc

This month. April. His message was on
Hi John, Just checking in to see if you have an eta for the colored IO’s yet? Thanks, Mike

John(Hopper Labs)Apr. 7, 2021, 5:54 pm
We are starting to ship them

I took thatvas shipping now.

Shit Snacks

This month. April. His message was on

Hi John, Just checking in to see if you have an eta for the colored IO’s yet? Thanks, Mike

John(Hopper Labs)Apr. 7, 2021, 5:54 pm
We are starting to ship them

I took thatvas shipping now.

Oh, because that is when they started to ship the color units that were pre-ordered a year ago... I guess you had to be specific with "ETA for those who order now" maybe?

slozukimc

Oh, because that is when they started to ship the color units that were pre-ordered a year ago... I guess you had to be specific with "ETA for those who order now" maybe?
Maybe. I am really in no hurry for it I just would have saved a couple bucks and not paid for the expedited shipping had I known.
I really have no idea why I thought I need 10 new batteries. 🙄 but for 7 bucks I will stash them away and hope they keep well if I check them occasionally. I already have 6 quite new ones and a shit ton of old ones I should give away.

Shit Snacks

Maybe. I am really in no hurry for it I just would have saved a couple bucks and not paid for the expedited shipping had I known.
I really have no idea why I thought I need 10 new batteries. 🙄 but for 7 bucks I will stash them away and hope they keep well if I check them occasionally. I already have 6 quite new ones and a shit ton of old ones I should give away.

Yeah I also do not mind waiting, even a while, though having a sense of delivery time, particularly one reasonably close and realistic, would help push me over the edge? I don't know, feeling like they're not earning my goodwill, yet knowing my contribution could help them one day somehow become worthy??

$7 batteries was the original price I remember way back when, I think I got three extra for that reason and ended up with another two from warranty returns, of course these were the old batteries not even the 2 (one of those came with my Ti last year) so yeah makes sense to stock up, they are a disposable item sort of, who knows the quality of the 3 really?

Ahh time running out, but I am still back and forth!

Shit Snacks,

slozukimc

Yeah I also do not mind waiting, even a while, though having a sense of delivery time, particularly one reasonably close and realistic, would help push me over the edge? I don't know, feeling like they're not earning my goodwill, yet knowing my contribution could help them one day somehow become worthy??

$7 batteries was the original price I remember way back when, I think I got three extra for that reason and ended up with another two from warranty returns, of course these were the old batteries not even the 2 (one of those came with my Ti last year) so yeah makes sense to stock up, they are a disposable item sort of, who knows the quality of the 3 really?

Ahh time running out, but I am still back and forth!
Stocking up is good. I have a grey Ti Hopper, Ti IO and a purple on the way, oh and another SS OG I should have sent in for credit and keep forgetting. Gotta have a backup for the backup right?

Shit Snacks

Stocking up is good. I have a grey Ti Hopper, Ti IO and a purple on the way, oh and another SS OG I should have sent in for credit and keep forgetting. Gotta have a backup for the backup right?

Oh! Haha so are they all going to ship at once or in order of order placed? Guess I shouldn't feel like they need my order as support, they've got plenty it seems!
Edit: yep, fuck it, last minute support:lmao:

Last edited:
Top Bottom