Holy Piatella

GoldenBud

what's the different between dry herb vs dry bubble hash? amounts, bubble hash usually have 2x THCA, Terpenes than dry herb
why it needs special treatment?
to get money out of people.. or for a show off or something...

@Grass Yes i don't understand why you need to tell me that you love me man, i love u too, but you're not answering my question..

why hash needs special treatment?
if it's a matter of amounts?
dry herb has 30% THCA, 3% Terpenes
good quality bubble hash contains 60% THCA, 6% Terpenes

why it needs a special treatment? i think it's all marketing and money

GoldenBud,

staircase slight of hand

if we look at dry herb's organic ingredients that matter anything to us, it contains mostly THCA, a bit THC, and a bit Terpenes.
if we look at bubble hash's organic ingredients, that matter anything to us, so hash contains also mostly THCA, a bit of THC, and Terpenes

why hash needs to get through Cellophane? Vacuum? Temple ball?
the answer is money.

if the maker wants to get more money from the customers, he'll convince them these steps are required, and cost him money to make "a better product".
Don't believe them. Do not over-pay.

Did you mean to quote my question to you at the beginning of this comment? It doesn’t address my simple question at all, and just seems like a non sequitor.

staircase slight of hand,

GoldenBud

I just didn't want my feedback to come across as too harsh. This thread is not improved by the confusion you are bringing.
the thread is about Piatella. so I ask why even looking at Piatella if all these steps doing harm to the THCA/Terpenes,it doesn't improve not any benefit to these compounds. it's just some kind of inserting energy into these THCA/Terpenes to make them LOOK BETTER, but it doesn't make them any better. all these steps, Cellophane, Vacuum.
Did you mean to quote my question to you at the beginning of this comment? It doesn’t address my simple question at all, and just seems like a non sequitor.
I never made hash but I understand that it's just like dry herb but its concentration of THCA/Terpenes are 2x than top shelf weed. so why it needs Cellophane or Vacuum? it doesn't. but people need to market, to make money.

there is nothing mystery about hash, bubble hash. just bigger concentrations of active ingredients/terpenes

GoldenBud,

Hippie

And what about the hashinene content ??
Does that increase in the freezer?
Do the terps undergo any oxidation?
Does it actually taste hashy?

It's just fresh froze, high grade kief in a vac pack, that's been stored in the freezer, if you ask me :lol::evil:

GoldenBud

I’m getting the strong impression that you’ve started with a conclusion and are trying to work backwards to a compelling argument that’s yet to materialize.
still looking for answers, searching online too. so far, nothing. seems like all the steps are just marketing.

GoldenBud,

Farid

People smoke hash for a number of reasons. It tastes different, you need less to get you to the same place, it's easier to conceal, etc.

Some people want a product that has a very "hashy" flavor. Some people want a product that tastes like the flower does when it's growing. If you're in the former camp you probably like to smoke pressed hash from cured flower. If the latter you probably enjoy live resin, unpressed. Imo they're both great, but some strains lend themselves better to one or the other. There's also a whole spectrum of middle ground depending on variables.

You're arguing against practices that are widely used, and are not unique to paitella. Whether paitella is really any better than the equivalent quality 6 star has yet to be determined - maybe it is hype. But what's not hype are the very basic, industry standard practices you're arguing against.

I would also be very weary of throwing your chemistry credentials around when you've never made hash yourself. Hash making is like cooking - more craft than just purely science.

GoldenBud

Some people want a product that has a very "hashy" flavor. Some people want a product that tastes like the flower does when it's growing. If you're in the former camp you probably like to smoke pressed hash from cured flower. If the latter you probably enjoy live resin. Imo they're both great, but some strains lend themselves better to one or the other.
hashy flavour comes because some molecules of the terpenes are passing through filteration and won't stay on the nets. so you get a different taste other than the herb itself. it has nothing to do with Temple balls/Cellophane/Vacuum
I would also be very weary of throwing your chemistry credentials around when you've never made hash yourself. Hash making is like cooking - more craft than just purely science.
I never made hash but I know a lot about organic vs inorganic molecules, stability of molecules, filteration, etc', so i can debate these stuff in very deep aspects

@Monk Debate
i have an experience with filteration. not hash filteration.
join us, find a proper article/reaearch that supports Temple balls/Vacuum/Cellophane. I think it's all bro-science that gives hash makers more $$$.

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

You can, but perhaps not successfully. Might behoove you to look up “engineer’s disease”.
which is better than the disease of hash makers doing Cellophane/Vacuum/Temple balls to bubble hash, which is just a stronger dry herb... for the reason of taking more money from customers

GoldenBud,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I never made hash but I know a lot about organic vs inorganic molecules, stability of molecules, filteration, etc', so i can debate these stuff in very deep aspects

@Monk Debate
i have an experience with filteration. not hash filteration.
join us, find a proper article/reaearch that supports Temple balls/Vacuum/Cellophane. I think it's all bro-science that gives hash makers more $$$.
Seriously, do some applied organic chemistry and make some hash. You have a theory, now test it. Arguing with us online isn’t going to give you any further insight. Get your hands dirty and jump in!

Farid

The pressing and heating of the resin leads to interactions between the MANY aromatic compounds in the resin. You can easily tell the difference in flavor between pressed hashish and cannabis.

I was making hash once, and my father came in the room and said "I haven't smelled this since my childhood in Pakistan". And he certainly smelled the weed I was using/growing many, many times.

GoldenBud

Seriously, do some applied organic chemistry and make some hash. You have a theory, now test it. Arguing with us online isn’t going to give you any further insight. Get your hands dirty and jump in!
I am not arguing I am trying to convince you to join my ride and search if all these years the hash professionals lied to us about the steps just to make money... Let's find if there's a proof that making Temple ball / Cellophane / vacuum really needed.. I am not saying anything in 100%...just keep researching

@Farid but heating the terpz will oxidize them and then u have a lower grade material. Why would u do this?

GoldenBud,

Farid

By hash professionals do you include the millions of (often) illiterate farmers who carried this tradition on for centuries?

I personally don't care about oxidation that much because I like the effect of CBN and the flavor of pressed resin from cured flower. But if I was making hash for judges I would abstain since the American palate prefers it

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I am not arguing I am trying to convince you to join my ride and search if all these years the hash professionals lied to us about the steps just to make money... Let's find if there's a proof that making Temple ball / Cellophane / vacuum really needed.. I am not saying anything in 100%...just keep researching

@Farid but heating the terpz will oxidize them and then u have a lower grade material. Why would u do this?
Sounds like you’re being an armchair quarterback. If you have these questions AND you have a degree in organic chemistry and thus have a strong understanding of the scientific underpinnings of the process, why would you not try it for yourself? Isn’t that the heart of the scientific method?

GoldenBud

Sounds like you’re being an armchair quarterback. If you have these questions AND you have a degree in organic chemistry and thus have a strong understanding of the scientific underpinnings of the process, why would you not try it for yourself? Isn’t that the heart of the scientific method?
I live in a country where I can't just buy 100gr of trim to make hash, but If I could get it easily, I'd show you what a good hash is... without Cellophane/Vacuum/Temple ball...

but ofc it's better to make bubble hash from top shelf nugs.. oh ya

GoldenBud,

staircase slight of hand

I am trying to convince you to join my ride and search if all these years the hash professionals lied to us about the steps just to make money...

I take it you don’t use your O Chem background in a professional capacity? Cuz what you’re describing isn’t science, it’s a conspiracy theory. “BUY MY WEB COURSE AND LEARN THE SECRETS THOSE GREEDY HASHMAKERS ARE KEEPING FROM YOU!!! LOW LOW PRICE OF $999!!! SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!”

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It looks different than anything else

The consistency is different than anything else

They say it tastes different...

How are all those differences simply "just marketing"?

Again, no one said they are changing molecules and terpenes... all they are saying is that it's a different end product. Not better, or stronger, just different. Unique, if you will...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

As for now, after researching google and scholar.google for hours:
Cellophane/Vacuum/Temple balls/Freezer Drying = just marketing
dried bubble hash is just a dry herb with double concentration of THCA/Terpenes ***but yes some organic groups/molecule fell off the nets so it's not the same taste like the OG dry herb that used to make the bubble!!!
no need to do special stuff. follow some guide, make sure your raw material is high quality, dry it well, that's it

GoldenBud,

Farid

I don't even disagree that trends can get popular because of hype. Diamond sauce, for instance, is something I don't enjoy at all because I prefer a homogeneous product, but it's wildly popular.

But you're not just arguing against the techniques that are unique to paitella. You're arguing against industry standard techniques, some of which go back to ancient times.

If you can't afford to experiment with bubble, just make dry sift from whatever stash you have. All you need is a sifting screen and a few grams of bud. You'll be able to see what kind of purity it takes to make resin stick together, what it tastes like when pressed and aged, and what melt % feels like. If you want to take it further try your hand at making it melty using static tech.

As to your point about there being no difference between hash and flower chemistry:

"Interestingly, photo-oxidation of myrcene has been shown to rearrange the molecule into a novel terpene known as "hashishene" which is named for its abundance in hashish.[9]"

staircase slight of hand

As for now, after researching google and scholar.google for hours:
Cellophane/Vacuum/Temple balls/Freezer Drying = just marketing

Ok, sounds like you found a definitive source backing up your claim that temple balls are “marketing”. Could you share the source, for the sake of peer review?

Top Bottom