Holy Piatella

Farid

I don't know how you're jumping to those conclusions. You can have very light colored reain that turns dark when pressed with heat. You can have very dark amber heads that make sticky hash but contain very few contaminants.

Farid,

GoldenBud

tell me what the difference between these hashes:
1686246812665.jpg

hashhash6hash.png

i think the difference is THCA content. one has a lot of THCA and one has less THCA.
what it has instead of THCA? well, a bit of water, and a lot of plant material
ofc, the darker one is less potent.. less rich in THCA
yes, the darker one has THCA too, ofc, you can see its glowing.. but.. less than the second one.

P.S
another dark hash
DHARKHASH.png

got me now?

GoldenBud,

Farid

You can take the lighter colored hash, and with enough heating, pressing, and aging it can look much, much darker. You're not adding any plant matter.

I won't comment on the pictures because you cannot assess quality from a picture.

This is not a difficult question for you to answer. Just watch a video of hash being pressed. It turns much darker. No plant matter is being added to it when you press it.

GoldenBud

Do you have any access or idea how to find HPLC test restuls so we can learn if darker hash has less THCA or not? we absolutely are limited by data to make a conclusion.

If we find HPLC test results, we can have more info to make any conclusion. I had seen in the past some results but they are gone from Google now.
I can only say my opinion, and you say yours, and it seems like we respect each other opinion, but we don't have enough data.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: btka

Farid

Why go through that effort when it can be proven by taking snow white full melt hash, pressing it with a lot of heat, and leaving it to age? I can guarantee that after that it will not be snow white, do you disagree? The proportion of THCA to other actives will be lower, but no plant matter magically entered it.

Farid,

GoldenBud

Why go through that effort when it can be proven by taking snow white full melt hash, pressing it with a lot of heat, and leaving it to age? I can guarantee that after that it will not be snow white, do you disagree? The proportion of THCA to other actives will be lower, but no plant matter magically entered it.
because I know for a fact that the dark hash I brought was new and wasn't getting oxidized. there is another reason why it's dark. imho, plant material was kept/mixed with the oils and left on the nets.
it looked like this.
dark8.png

GoldenBud,

btka

There are a lot of possibilities why bubble hash, rosin and so on can be darker in color:

Plant material contamination

How ripe the trichomes are (for example if you press flower to rosin more cured flowers will yield in darker rosin) https://pevgrow.com/blog/wp-content...rs-of-trichomes-and-their-maturation.jpg.webp

Heat

Pressure

Oxidation

Freeze drying vs drying at higher temps..
I can tell you same bubble dried in freeze dryer will have much lighter color then when you dry at ambient Room temperature…

And so on…

A good sign if it is contaminated with a lot plant material is:

1.) Heat it with a lighter if there is no contamination with plant material it will bubble and burn clean there will be more or less no ash left, it will vaporize more or less without leaving any combusted residue…

2.) elasticity: if it is not elastic and (sticky) there is also big chances that it contains a lot of plant material: for example classic hash vs bubble or rosin

Last edited:

Farid

because I know for a fact that the dark hash I brought was new and wasn't getting oxidized. there is another reason why it's dark. imho, plant material was kept/mixed with the oils and left on the nets.
it looked like this.
dark8.png

Sure, your hash might have been full of plant matter, I don't doubt that. But that's not the only reason for it to be dark.

GoldenBud

Sure, your hash might have been full of plant matter, I don't doubt that. But that's not the only reason for it to be dark.
I agree. that's why we need to get HPLC test results. and ofc hash is rare in the USA, so we can't find any
if we'll have like 5-10 more test results we maybe see hash contains CBN if it has been oxidized. for example
more CBN will lead to darker hash...i guess..

GoldenBud,

btka

Also for example kief is normally very light colored… but most of the time it contains a lot of plant material…

So I think the water content and drying of bubble can also contribute to color changes

As I mentioned before there are a lot of possibilities why hash is dark…
And off course contamination with plant material is one of it but not the only one..

GoldenBud

Also for example kief is normally very light colored… but most of the time it contains a lot of plant material…

So I think the water content and drying of bubble can also contribute to color changes

As I mentioned before there are a lot of possibilities why hash is dark…
And off course contamination with plant material is one of it but not the only one..
that's also something to consider.... if the color is being more dark because of the mixing of plant material and water.....
drying is a physical change, reaction with O2 is a chemical reaction... that's why I think it will not get oxidized during drying..... I am not sure at all..... the temp is not too high during drying.... I hardly doubt it will react with O2 so quickly......

*inside water you don't have O2, O2 comes from the air.... air contains 79% N2 and 20% O2.... 1% CO2+mold+organic compounds+water
and for oxidizing Terpz/THCA you need energy. high temp. during drying you don't have high temp.... it's room temp or less

GoldenBud,

btka

that's also something to consider.... if the color is being more dark because of the mixing of plant material and water.....
drying is a physical change, reaction with O2 is a chemical reaction... that's why I think it will not get oxidized during drying..... I am not sure at all..... the temp is not too high during drying.... I hardly doubt it will react with O2 so quickly......

*inside water you don't have O2, O2 comes from the air.... air contains 79% N2 and 20% O2.... 1% CO2+mold+organic compounds+water
and for oxidizing Terpz/THCA you need energy. high temp. during drying you don't have high temp.... it's room temp or less
But why you get two different outcomes of same starting product? As mentioned before dry the same bubble in a freeze dryer ( you will get light color) and dry the same bubble in room temp. ( also the longer it takes to dry and the warmer the drying temp is the darker the same material gets, this is my experience)… do not know if the process of heat, drying time, oxygen and so on is oxidation, but some reaction happens that is for sure…

btka,

GoldenBud

But why you get two different outcomes of same starting product? As mentioned before dry the same bubble in a freeze dryer ( you will get light color) and dry the same bubble in room temp. ( also the longer it takes to dry and the warmer the drying temp is the darker the same material gets, this is my experience)… do not know if the process of heat, drying time, oxygen and so on is oxidation, but some reaction happens that is for sure…
maybe because this product has 12% of H2O:
HASHHASHDARK.png

and this product has 1% H2O:
image.png

BUT, also the wet hash was almost as bright! take a look:
image.png

So maybe the hash in the first pic of my message now is having more plant material?!
i wish we had HPLC data results

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
New drop of Hazy Hill Farm Piatella in Portland, ME today for those interested:

Happy Fourth of July from Hazy Hill!
by u/dstephenson2712 in r/mainetrees

IMG-1009.jpg

From the owner:

"We are dropping a small batch of Piatella today at 484 Congress St. Our first drop of the Kerosene Dream 90u Piatella was at the Farm to Patient event and was widely loved by anyone who was lucky enough to get some.

What is Piatella you may ask? Piatella, pronounced “pee-ah-tay-ah”, is a new Solventless hash product. This tech was recently developed by Spanish hash makers and has made waves across the globe. Essentially it’s cold cured bubble hash but what you use to make it makes all the difference. One of advantages to Piatella over full melt is that it’s much more shelf stable. Full melt must be kept in the freezer and will degrade rapidly if kept out too long. Piatella can be stored in a cool dry place similar to flower. We will be using the star system, commonly used for grading bubble hash, to rate the quality for you. Today, we will be dropping 5 star Kerosene Dream (extremely small batch), 4 star Chernobyl x Cookies and Cream (pictured above) and 4 star Durban Poison. All of these can be dabbed or paired with flower (in a joint for example.)
We are also dropping High Peak’s dosed ice cream sandwiches today! These 10 mg beauties are classic 2 chocolate chip cookies sandwiching delicious vanilla ice cream. What’s a better way to relax today than with ice cream and hashish?!? We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Please use responsibly"

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Wait, are they calling their Piatella 4 and 5 star? So we use 6 star as starting material and end with a 5 or 4 star product? It still looks delicious.

Timps27,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
:rofl:

Edit to add: before anyone comes in to inform me that it’s a Spanish tek that just happens to use an Italian word, you might want to ask a native Spanish speaker how they pronounce mozzarella.
Just so you know, that's not my quote, it's the owner of Hazy Hill Farm's quote. Maine isn't known for being the most culturally diverse community, or well traveled... but they are heavy readers.

On a side note, listen to this clown say they're the only ones making Piatella outside of Spain:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Opinel really made it all around the world. But that's understandable, it's an amazing knife.
....? Are you talking about the knife that's being used to cut the hash in the video? I guess I'll have to take your word for it... We have lots of stuff from all over the world here, including people... it's kinda one the big selling points of America... :razz::tup:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
A good knife, I mean a real good knife, is a rare and wonderful thing.

Timps27,

RxPlorer

Just so you know, that's not my quote, it's the owner of Hazy Hill Farm's quote. Maine isn't known for being the most culturally diverse community, or well traveled... but they are heavy readers.

On a side note, listen to this clown say they're the only ones making Piatella outside of Spain:

Clown indeed. That doesn't look anywhere near the same quality

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yup, you guessed it, more :drool: from:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mainetrees/comments/14vch0j "To say we are exited for 710 this year would be an understatement! We are still high after our Hash Bash win last night! We hope you can join us tomorrow at 484 Congress street for some very special drops. First, we have our six star Road Rage 90u piatella. For the past week we have been getting excellent reviews on our recent piatella drops and we definitely saved the best for last! Next we have our Hash Bash first place winner U.F.Co. (United Fruit Company) is a three way blend of Rainbow Belts, Haskap, and Banana Bread. Last but not least we have a new take on one of our farm favorites, Banana Bread live rosin jam. Over the past year we have been dialing in our Banana Bread and this jam may be one of our favorite ways to dab it. We hope everyone has a fucking awesome 710! Cheers!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom