Holy Piatella

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm super new to concentrates and I've only ever tried rosin bc I wanted something solventless.

So this is different than rosin in that no heat is used in the process?

TigoleBitties,

GoldenBud

6 star hash .. never had the pleasure, it requires top shelf nugs and not trim ofc, it looks so good. maybe even without the process of Piatella, 6 star hash must be a pleasure... so rare

6 starts hash looks so dope.... even without the Piatella process

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
6 star hash .. never had the pleasure, it requires top shelf nugs and not trim ofc, it looks so good. maybe even without the process of Piatella, 6 star hash must be a pleasure... so rare

6 starts hash looks so dope.... even without the Piatella process

Well thereā€™s no trim because itā€™s usually whole plant fresh frozen, but all of the material that would have been trimmed is still used to make 6 star melt.

GoldenBud

Well thereā€™s no trim because itā€™s usually whole plant fresh frozen, but all of the material that would have been trimmed is still used to make 6 star melt.
I don't understand why doing it from fresh buds? fresh buds contain 85% water, while dry buds contain like 10% of water?
that's the trick with Piatella?
I think people can make 6 star from really potent top shelf nugs

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

And also, fresh frozen is a monumental time saver, trimming is very laborious, even more so on a commercial level.

Fresh frozen is extremely easy, once frozen you can simply ā€œshuckā€ the nugs right off the stems.
each bud contains 85% water instead of 10% water
it's gonna a lot of work, a lot.. but maybe worth it

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Cheebsy

GoldenBud

Why does that matter of you're using water as your solvent?
let's say you have 300gr of top shelf weed after drying (10% water content)
that means you had 2550gr (!) of fresh weed (85% water content) if you skip drying and working with these nugs from the first place..
that's a lot of work.

i don't think i ever had bubble hash from top shelf nugs. only from trim/buds from the lower colas. must be a treat even if the raw materials were fresh/dried nugs..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Cheebsy

GoldenBud

I don't understand how the work load is any different assuming the same buds, but it's a little off topic so let's move on šŸ‘
You have to work with a lot more material
It will take you a lot more time
2550gr vs 300gr
Or maybe 2000gr vs 300gr
That's a lot
Time wasting but provably more terpz are there yea

300gr dry = 2000-2500gr wet... yep yep! alot of water this plant drinks!

edit:
just imagine how much volume 2000gr take and how much volume 300gr take. huge different

Last edited:

florduh

So piatella is "live"/fresh frozen? The pictures I've seen look similar to cured hash rosin I've had in the past.

GoldenBud

So piatella is "live"/fresh frozen? The pictures I've seen look similar to cured hash rosin I've had in the past.
bubble hash "bag" frozen fresh ...

"
Here's an outline of the process:
1. Starting with top-quality premium resin is absolutely essential. This requires washing exceptional fresh frozen cannabis material and then freeze drying the loose resin. Full-melt, 6-star hash should be the starting point.
2. The loose resin will be in a sand-like consistency as soon as it comes out of the freeze dryer. Place the resin inside of a vacuum sealing bag, like a food-safe cellophane wapping. Then, using a vacuum sealing machine, remove all the air from inside the bag. This step allows the resin to essentially "melt" without using any heat, just time in the absence of air.
3. The vacuum seal will squeeze the loose resin into a brick. This provides just the right amount of pressure to compress the loose resin without compromising the color. At this point, terpenes will likely begin to "sweat" out of the hash. The terpenes will interact chemically with the rest of the compounds in the resin, which is how the magical transformation occurs. This also leads to greater stability and shelf-life in the long-term.
4. Place this little brick in the freezer and leave it there for a couple months. The resin will congeal together as the trichomes will melt without losing color.
"

Top Bottom