• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Square

Baron23

Sorry pic was done on the fly and isn't that great, how about LED lights around the activation button?
Say one LED light for each setting so we could keep track of what temp it's set on. How many settings is there 8?
Just my :2c:

Untitled_1.png

THIS ^^ is what I was talking about. Completely unambiguous and easily read at a glance.

KLo

No Ember
Yes! Please keep doing things like that. Always like knowing the products I buy can last, and if they breakdown with normal use they are covered.

As for the heater coil, oven material, and heating method. From the videos it definitely looks like it is on demand heating with the push of the center button. How much radiant and conduction heat is added? The heater coil being so close to each oven could transfer heat to the ovens themselves. The material in the third video I believe showed some very dark abv. It didn't look combusted, but dark. The v3 does this as well on the highest temperature setting. Not necessarily a bad thing, more so a curiosity.

Isn't 'on demand' when you pull and the device instantly delivers ? sans wait up 10 secs or whatever. If the Square hits next level then use any symantics; I bow. Button (to me) = Waiting. Also, any word on material composition, interior/exterior?

How about we also vibrate for each temp? 1 vibration for level 1 and 2 for level 2 etc? Would that work?

Nooooo, please, my (real) vibrator will be jealous

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Isn't 'on demand' when you pull and the device instantly delivers ? sans wait up 10 secs or whatever. If the Square hits next level then use any symantics; I bow. Button (to me) = Waiting. Also, any word on material composition, interior/exterior?

The only vaporizer I am aware of that is that type of draw activated instant is the elevape. Now I don't want to go off thread topic, so if I am wrong please someone correct me.

I guess I consider any unit that can heat up in 10 seconds or under, cool down just as quickly, and the user controls the heater (through draw activation or a button) is on demand to me. I wouldn't call it instant on demand or manual, but I would consider that on demand as it isn't a session style heat up and stay on.

On demand, at least in my definition of the term can be broken down into other sub categories. But, again not so much on thread topic. The haze sqaure, to me, is a great concept and I can't wait to find out more. Love the design and if it is as easy to use and maintain as the videa demostrate I will be one happy customer.

As for the materials used, not sure. I would bet @Haze Vaporizers will have more detail on that. It may have been posted here already too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

On demand is the useage style, as in not session vapes that constantly heat (ie Pax, Mighty, even CFV) as opposed to only heating when you inhale/trigger the device to do so (mflb is a rare conduction on demand like the fully analog VapMan, most are convection however so inhale is key). Here you don't get any heating unless you are intending to hit it (presumably, testing will reveal this) unlike the Haze V3 which will constantly heat your load turned on or even a pure convection vape like the CFV that is constantly on. This is good for battery life and bowl longevity in my experience taste too, even effect imo, but it typically involves more technique to get the most out of it. Most on demand vapes are manual (Grasshopper is a rare automatic, takes a bit to heat up high from cold too actually) and tend to have a learning curve, they are not for everybody (is Milaana and Mist)... This seems like it could be a bit more automatic, like Firefly meets Elevape, and while it's not instant on demand (like how Elevape, StickyBricks, Milaana and Mist are) it still heats up quick and does vapes when you want it to instead if just when its heated up (again presumably). It may also heat quicker at low temps, back to back hits clearly too like many others in this class (also may try drawing slowly ahead of the light too as it heats like I used to with session conduction vapes... though I haven't been doing this with GH, it is kinda like I don't preheat much with Mi/MVT so maybe I should I dono we'll see lol) so nothing to worry about yet I think. We will see soon enough, that's just one early video!

Last edited:

KLo

No Ember
@Lookatmeglow and @Shit Snacks nice descriptions of on-demand. Button on the Square had me thinking of delayed hits, having been spoiled by true on-demand (ESV) and always on the prowl for instant gratification :p, convection/induction, without torching.

I have faith Haze will deliver a solid device. Should the Square's innovations and improvements to what's currently on the market meet with compact portability, easy maintenance, grade A materials, battery life, etc. I could overlook the need to press a button ! If the thing rips, I can accept an extra few seconds and disco lights.

C No Ego

So, my current vaporizer with the buzz/vibrate only feature has started to sound like the cars with a huge subwoofer and everything vibrates outside when they drive by LoL....

If the H-SQ has a vibrate please, at least turn it off options are needed so vibrate can be used in certain situations and turned off for other situations.... Thanks

woolspinner

Scanned through what I missed, boy, I missed a lot!

Disappointed in battery difference from v3 BUT glad one can vape while charging.

I misplace shit all the time. My v3 keeps my mp around because it is stored. I should have no problem with the mp as designed BUT I have hands without arthritis or tremors. As long as i IMMEDIATELY re-store mp, i will be good. Too bad there is not some sort of cord attaching it, even a thin chain with a necklace type fastener so it could be swapped out?

Have you any Beta testers with rheumatoid arthritis in their hands, or Parkinson's? If not, may I suggest finding someone? While one cannot design for EVERY eventuality, it is good to know where your weaknesses are to plan work arounds, you know?

Re: storing mp dirty - are you all wiping down your v3 mp everytime you use it? If not, then you are storing it "dirty" as well. Just sayin' Did not Scott advocate the carrying of alcohol pads if you really need stealth and cleanliness? ;)

Do not have patience to cut and paste all ppl to whom I wanted to respond, darn it. Good point whoever brought up v3 path cleaning. I do my best but... in some ways, the sticky mp keeps me cleaning, so it kinda forces me to clean the path. Assume this will have similar issues if one lets the path go too long?

Re: haptic. In the advanced version with an app, consider developing software with a TRUE/FALSE identifier built in for the program to know if the owner wants the feedback or not. Feedback will drain the battery MUCH faster BUT is an EXCELLENT design element to include when considering building accessibility into a device from the get go instead of developing third party tack ons after. If the feedback can be turned OFF by app user, bingo bango, Bob's your uncle - becomes a win/win.

Re: colors. Someone playfully mentioned color blindness. Yeah, the red, greens and oranges will be meaningless to them.

Lights are fun, but they are also not so stealth. My v3 lights are pretty low key. How VIVID are these in the dark? Does it matter to anyone? I have rarely been in a situation where I was TRULY in need of stealth, but...

Looks intriguing, but want to hear from some users. It would be great to hear from a lightweight user, someone who takes a hit or two then stops for a while and goes back to same unfinished bowl, like I do. That is the bummer with my v3 but the advantage with my UD. Also coolness of vapor. As someone who likes low temps, how is it on the low side? Always good to hear about best practices, like "to tamp or not to tamp"? With my UD, no tamp, while v3, tamp.

Nice to see this is making progress. I will not be in a position to buy for at least 6 months more (depending upon my June move and job search) so it will be good to hear use feedback.

GonG mp or attachment would be fantastic.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. You all thought of things that did not occur to me out of the block, so it was illuminating. Sorry for style - typing on phone while vaped. :lol:

Last edited:

Baron23

Scanned through what I missed, boy, I missed a lot!

Disappointed in battery difference from v3 BUT glad one can vape while charging.

I misplace shit all the time. My v3 keeps my mp around because it is stored. I should have no problem with the mp as designed BUT I have hands without arthritis or tremors. As long as i IMMEDIATELY re-store mp, i will be good. Too bad there is not some sort of cord attaching it, even a thin chain with a necklace type fastener so it could be swapped out?

Have you any Beta testers with rheumatoid arthritis in their hands, or Parkinson's? If not, may I suggest finding someone? While one cannot design for EVERY eventuality, it is good to know where your weaknesses are to plan work arounds, you know?

Re: storing mp dirty - are you all wiping down your v3 mp everytime you use it? If not, then you are storing it "dirty" as well. Just sayin' Did not Scott advocate the carrying of alcohol pads if you really need stealth and cleanliness? ;)

Do not have patience to cut and paste all ppl to whom I wanted to respond, darn it. Good point whoever brought up v3 path cleaning. I do my best but... in some ways, the sticky mp keeps me cleaning, so it kinda forces me to clean the path. Assume this will have similar issues if one lets the path go too long?

Re: haptic. In the advanced version with an app, consider developing software with a TRUE/FALSE identifier built in for the program to know if the owner wants the feedback or not. Feedback will drain the battery MUCH faster BUT is an EXCELLENT design element to include when considering building accessibility into a device from the get go instead of developing third party tack ons after. If the feedback can be turned OFF by app user, bingo bango, Bob's your uncle - becomes a win/win.

Re: colors. Someone playfully mentioned color blindness. Yeah, the red, greens and oranges will be meaningless to them.

Lights are fun, but they are also not so stealth. My v3 lights are pretty low key. How VIVID are these in the dark? Does it matter to anyone? I have rarely been in a situation where I was TRULY in need of stealth, but...

Looks intriguing, but want to hear from some users. It would be great to hear from a lightweight user, someone who takes a hit or two then stops for a while and goes back to same unfinished bowl, like I do. That is the bummer with my v3 but the advantage with my UD. Also coolness of vapor. As someone who likes low temps, how is it on the low side? Always good to hear about best practices, like "to tamp or not to tamp"? With my UD, no tamp, while v3, tamp.

Nice to see this is making progress. I will not be in a position to buy for at least 6 months more (depending upon my June move and job search) so it will be good to hear use feedback.

GonG mp or attachment would be fantastic.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. You all thought of things that did not occur to me out of the block, so it was illuminating. Sorry for style - typing on phone while vaped. :lol:
Great post and in particular the part about Haze ensuring that their products work for the dexterity or vision challenged medical patient. Thanks :tup::clap::nod:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I'm guessing that as long as you don't pack the pod too full, that stirring shouldn't be necessary. The pods look fairly thin, and the heating unit looks like it will transfer the heated air across the entire pod.

The Grasshopper I owned never had to be stirred and that had a longer packing tube that the heated air had to transfer through. A properly packed GH would always finish a load completely without stirring. I'm thinking the Square should easily accomplish this, also. :nod:

Mr. Me2

I'm guessing that as long as you don't pack the pod too full, that stirring shouldn't be necessary. The pods look fairly thin, and the heating unit looks like it will transfer the heated air across the entire pod.

The Grasshopper I owned never had to be stirred and that had a longer packing tube that the heated air had to transfer through. A properly packed GH would always finish a load completely without stirring. I'm thinking the Square should easily accomplish this, also. :nod:
Hoping you're right. I agree about the gh, but the ff needs stirring...

Shit Snacks

While it does work great without it, I find even the GH could benefit from stirring since if you load a larger amount the bottom cooks more than the top. This is mainly only an issue for taste, as extraction still ends up pretty even and why I consider the hopper to be automatic. However even Milaana and Mist which are fully manual on demand convection can get away without stirring depending on your technique, but I still find pretty much every pure convection on demand vape I've used (which is most of them) to benefit from stirring, even if only for taste and more even extraction. Interestingly my first Firefly was tuned lower than the replacements and it didn't really need to be stirred at all, but all others did. Seems like the FF2 does too, but it's my brother's so I've only used it on one trip and they use higher settings stirring every 2-3 hits like FF1. Some people need to stir in Elevape and StickyBricks, some don't, so how you hit it and how you pack it are huge factors... Can be a lot of variabilties

If the Square can regulate the temp, then I could ride lows like I prefer and go a while without stirring I would hope. And if the bowls is flat and wide with even heat distribution, then it may not need it really at all regardless and be fully automatic like GH (but I am thinking better for me overall). I do expect that even if all that is true, the Square would still benefit from a flip of the load so the top becomes the bottom for better flavor longevity and even extraction... Don't think the trays can be flipped though?

And I forget, is their silicone involved in the tray at all for herbs? Just silicone for the gaskets? I don't know I watched the videos without sound lol We'll know everything soon enough I expect

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I never enjoyed having to stir, so I got to the point where I'd just load a vape with less material and enjoy pulling until flavor left. All spent material went into a container for future use in some other transformative process.

The Square, with four pods, should allow me to enjoy the flavor of up to 4 different stains, and even if I load the pods with less material, the option to draw from 4 different pods should make for a fun day out and about. Plus, there is always the option of bringing along some extra pods already loaded and ready to pop in at a moments notice.

I'm just hoping the flavor is there. It seems to have a short air path, which may or may not affect the temperature and flavor of our favorite herb.

Hope we get more info soon, wanting to try this one out very much.

Shit Snacks

I never enjoyed having to stir, so I got to the point where I'd just load a vape with less material and enjoy pulling until flavor left. All spent material went into a container for future use in some other transformative process.

The Square, with four pods, should allow me to enjoy the flavor of up to 4 different stains, and even if I load the pods with less material, the option to draw from 4 different pods should make for a fun day out and about. Plus, there is always the option of bringing along some extra pods already loaded and ready to pop in at a moments notice.

I'm just hoping the flavor is there. It seems to have a short air path, which may or may not affect the temperature and flavor of our favorite herb.

Hope we get more info soon, wanting to try this one out very much.

Yeah if i can do that here, flavor chasing without having to stir at all, I'd be extremely satisfied. Four tasty bowls out and about would be so nice, can always have a fresh one for yourself even when sharing. We've got, hiiiiigh hopes... :p

blackstone

I had been reading a FF2 review that said that's more of a home vape because of needing to stir, but also because FF2 is slightly awkward to hold. Then I realize Square has a similar heating format.
But you're right, this is a different set up.

and anyway,
All spent material went into a container for future use in some other transformative process.

And even if it doesn't extract everything without a stir. You can flip bowls, and stir it all at one time.
OR, just enjoy the 4 bowls and bring it home full of half good abv.
It's probably going to be efficient if it's only vaporizing while drawing too?

I would like if they had a 'ground materials only' package too, for areas where oils are not available.
Because as it is I'd have to buy the unit, plus two extra ground material pods, then take the two oil pods and put them on a shelf!
Or maybe they could include 4 ground and 2 oil pods with each unit.

herbivore21

Read the preceding pages of many more people than yourself who are excited to get their hands on one of these man. Can't see how this won't fly. IME Convection can be used to great effect with both concentrates and flowers. Concentrate use with a convection heated stainless steel mesh pad like in this design is IME unequivocally better than any oil pen for flavor and clouds. I have previously only been able to achieve this convection concentrate experience with plug-in units in the past and to have a product that puts that into a portable with multiple pre-loaded bowls is something IMO to be sought after!

This is not to mention the many flower customers who will buy this unit which will help them in much the same way. Which other vape gives on demand convection hits in a portable for flower and lets you carry multiple pre-loaded bowls inside the unit? This is so obviously indispensible for public vaping purposes!

Externally chargable replaceable batteries would have been nice, but if the USB-C unit gives enough juice to last all 4 bowls fully spent with concentrates at high temps then I don't mind, especially when charging is as fast as they claim :)

EDIT: To bring things back on track, I wanted to ask:

Does the Haze Square use silicone lids on the concentrate bowls like the Haze v3 did? I find that the silicone capped bowls at temp 4 gave me a headache first time and reliably til I gave up on using it... IMO we should be abandoning all silicone lids/etc in the unit (the gasket on the mouthpiece is no problem of course) of any kind.
To be very clear, I am not here to discuss or raise comments about the safety of silicone - I've been very clear about my views on this topic in the past. I love my v3; however, I want to buy the square predominately for concentrate use and find myself in a predicament: I will not buy any product with silicone used to cover oil/herb cans that are being heated! I never heard any comment back from @Haze Vaporizers on this one so I'll ask again with more clarity:

1. Which of your components in the haze are made of silicone? Please be exhaustive in listing where silicone is used - nothing is too insignificant, including o-rings etc.

2. If the current plan is for oil cans to only have an option of silicone lids, can you please provide an alternative SS lid option like the Haze v3 herb cans. The SS mesh pad will obviously retain the oil without it gooping out the top of the bowl :)

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: 3. Please tell me that this will have glass gong adapters and an option for a glass mouthpiece also :D I don't wanna try and reclaim off of plastic if this can be avoided!

Last edited:

woolspinner

option for a glass mouthpiece

I used to use the glass for my v3, but switched to the ss. I, therefore, hope for a ss option! :D

What I do not like about the Mighty is all the plastic, including the yucky plastic mouthpiece which makes me scrunch my face just thinking about it. I tried it, did not get why it was supposedly the best and better than my Haze. Maybe because I typically vape at low temps that makes a big difference in how I respond to various vaporizers?

I like my glass mp for my UD and the ss or glass on my Haze v3.

herbivore21

I used to use the glass for my v3, but switched to the ss. I, therefore, hope for a ss option! :D

What I do not like about the Mighty is all the plastic, including the yucky plastic mouthpiece which makes me scrunch my face just thinking about it. I tried it, did not get why it was supposedly the best and better than my Haze. Maybe because I typically vape at low temps that makes a big difference in how I respond to various vaporizers?

I like my glass mp for my UD and the ss or glass on my Haze v3.
Yes! SS option is a great idea too. I think that the Haze guys got it right with the Haze v3 giving us both a glass and SS mouthpiece. Both are great for collecting most of the reclaim without using solvents :D

To be fair, the plastic used on the Mighty and Crafty (known as PEEK) is resistant to very, very high heats, safe to get twice as hot compared to other common plastics! However, I owned a Mighty and a Crafty before I bought my Haze V3, and sold both the Mighty and Crafty (not because of the plastics - Crafty has worthless battery life for my needs and the Mighty is just too fucking big to be used as a portable). The Haze is the only flower vape that I use anymore!

KLo

No Ember

Thank you Thank you

herbivore21

Yup I gotta say using shades of red to indicate temp setting is going to be profoundly problematic for colorblind people! I don't mind not having a temp given in degrees (the temp readings we get on our vapes are much more arbitrary than people seem to realize) but I would prefer not having to try and figure out whether I am staring at the right shade of red/orange, or maybe it is slightly darker or lighter etc. I am not even colorblind and this seems pretty challenging lol

Top Bottom