Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

olysh pops

What's the difference between the Terpsicle 14 and the QC14? Is one considered superior?
To what has been said by other users, I would add that perhaps the TC14 is slightly superior in taste ? that's my feeling. The smaller QC14 can be used with a smaller torch or less heating time.
Edit : Device capacities: Quartz Cap 14mm - .2g, Terpcicle - .4g

Last edited:

RedZep

To what has been said by other users, I would add that perhaps the TC14 is slightly superior in taste ? that's my feeling. The smaller QC14 can be used with a smaller torch or less heating time.
Less torch heating time seems like a huge advantage. Why do people choose the Terpsicle over it? Because it can be handled while hot?

AndyO

I need help... I've skim-read the last 5-6 pages, but I think the butane powered questions have become a bit passe among all the coil heating experiments!

I've been playing with my terpcicle on and off for about 2 weeks with a Ronxs double flame. If I heat it too low, the screen gets hot and anything that touches the screen combusts. But anything above that and the top of the chamber is black while the bottom is only a really light brown.

I've tried finessing it with the single-flame setting, but it just seems to take an unnaturally long time to heat up and it still isn't an even heat.

Is it just as simple as getting a bigger single-flame torch?

AndyO,
Reactions: RogueGuy

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I've been playing with my terpcicle on and off for about 2 weeks with a Ronxs double flame. If I heat it too low, the screen gets hot and anything that touches the screen combusts. But anything above that and the top of the chamber is black while the bottom is only a really light brown.

I heat the cap exactly on the area of the flowers. So I don't heat beyond the flowers in the bowl and also not underneath.

Is it just as simple as getting a bigger single-flame torch?

I use the Blazer Big Shot and have had good experiences with it. It has also happened to me that the top of the chamber turns black - in this case I have already heated too much. It is recommended to rather heat for 10 seconds less, wait briefly, take a draw and then check if more heat is needed. The heat actually takes some time to reach the chamber.

coolbreeze

The aftermath of last night's nightcap, .15g Blueberry Kush. Knocked me right the fuck out!
IMG-7997.jpg

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@AndyO others have given good advice. Here is what I find is going on when the top goes dark for me. Usually it is a mater of the herb being ground too fine and or packed too tight. Then the heater is getting hot but not heating the bowl enough. So the air is hot but the bowl not. Then when you take a hit, the hot air is backing up at the top because of the grind or pack and is loosing all its heat in the top layer. This is actually one of the things that makes me prefer the QCs. I find that the closer proximity of the heater to the bowl makes combustion less likely. Hope that helps. Also definitely watch the video if you havent. Also check out Lee's heating technique where he preheats the bowl. I would also say that I get the best results when I dont try to reach the perfect temp with the first heating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRogueWaxWorks/comments/1cqf7x3

@coolbreeze I'm not sure why, except I do tend to go darker, but the coil 14 hits me so much harder than torching the 14.

@mixchu69 I have gone back in time to answer your question. Yes, the coils will be sold seperately and as kits and are backwards compatible. The only issue is that there are probably maybe 100 terpcicle heaters out there that it may not fit on. You would just want to check that your heater is 22mm and not 22.5

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I should post this for all, I wish I had a better more direct link. Lee at Table Top Bong made a video about his alternate heating techniques for the Terpcicle and others. They are very simple and work well especially if you are having issues of uneven roast. Lee is a great guy and his videos are always entertaining and informative

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRogueWaxWorks/s/bg6MX1eoyO

Last edited:

LotV

Any interest in a convection microdose setup?

3mm thick quartz filled with 4mm quartz balls. .2g bowl, running at 475F. While I know metal screens aren't ideal, it makes for a simple heater that can be easily customized

20240529-233753.jpg

20240529-234125.jpg

20240530-095319.jpg

20240530-095326.jpg

For the thermal media, will you be carrying other types and/or sizes on the site? .2g seems like a good amount too; how do we get in on this?

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I have just listed a few cosmetic blemish terpcicles at a discount. I will have a restock of non blemish Terpcicles around the 17th.

I also have all the parts for the Coil Cap. They are the same ones I have been using for the BETA. I have ordered custom clamps but haven't even received the prototypes yet. Im using the same style clamp but thicker metal and 2 layers. I'm also having a much thicker one made where one of the prongs that stick out will be long and will insert into a wood handle to make it wireless!!!

So here is the question. Should I start selling the same version of the BETA now or wait until I have the custom clips which might be a couple months? I also don't have a stand worked out yet

TedJones

So here is the question. Should I start selling the same version of the BETA now or wait until I have the custom clips which might be a couple months? I also don't have a stand worked out yet
I’d vote go for it now. Then have the updated clips available for upgrade for those interested. I’m very confident with the simple ones.. Shake Shake 🫨

Do you plan on having coils w/clips listed separately for those who already have heaters? Larger one should fit QC18 and most Terpcicles if not mistaken. Awesome news!

LotV

I have just listed a few cosmetic blemish terpcicles at a discount. I will have a restock of non blemish Terpcicles around the 17th.

I also have all the parts for the Coil Cap. They are the same ones I have been using for the BETA. I have ordered custom clamps but haven't even received the prototypes yet. Im using the same style clamp but thicker metal and 2 layers. I'm also having a much thicker one made where one of the prongs that stick out will be long and will insert into a wood handle to make it wireless!!!

Like @TedJones mentioned, I like the idea of clip upgrade paths, especially for the much thicker one for use with a handle. I'm still using the beta set in a wireless fashion with a dedicated dual PID to control bowl and heater temps.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TedJones im a stoner and totally forgot that I ordered heaters with the flange. Those should be here mid month or so. Im going to wait until then to release a full kit.

But for now i think i will list just the coils and clips. The 14 will fit all older 14 heaters and will fit the Quartz Terpcicle Mini. The 18 will fit all older 18 heaters as well as a majority of old Terpcicle heaters. I believe that the oldest quartz terpcicle heaters were 22.5mm. If you have a Terpcicle heater you should measure it first.

The kit will come with 1 coil, 4 clips and 1 timer. I have had zero issues with my clips and I change things up a lot so they are constantly coming on and off. My only recommendation is that you make sure the top one is well below the curve. You only need 2 clips but i figured people could double them up if it made them feel more secure, or spares.

@LordOfTheVapes I can definitely do a steep discount to upgrade to the improved clips, which will be really inexpensive anyway. Thats an awesome setup!! You are preheating the bowl? I have been using Lees' heating technique with everything and it makes a big difference. It was the secret sauce needed to make the QC Mini really shine. The handle clip will work just like yours, but bigger wire, more wraps and one end will go into a handle. Im pretty excited about that project. What temp are you running each at? And what coil are you running for the stem? I just checked my stretched one for elev8r and it did not fit and the 20mm is too big.

Last edited:

TedJones

The 14 will fit all older 14 heaters and will fit the Quartz Terpcicle Mini.
Ah shit, I’m more of a stoner, remember seeing this before, and forgot to try until just now :doh: The T mini was great! With the heater centered and secured to the bowl, no bowl twisting needed for evenness. Definitely different experience than the QC (no screen helps too) ;) I’ll have to snag an updated Terpcicle with coil so I can have all configs lol. The stronger clips would probably be better for those since I had to give it a couple tugs when removing heater from bowl. Luckily it stayed :D

LotV

@LordOfTheVapes I can definitely do a steep discount to upgrade to the improved clips, which will be really inexpensive anyway. Thats an awesome setup!! You are preheating the bowl? I have been using Lees' heating technique with everything and it makes a big difference. It was the secret sauce needed to make the QC Mini really shine. The handle clip will work just like yours, but bigger wire, more wraps and one end will go into a handle. Im pretty excited about that project. What temp are you running each at? And what coil are you running for the stem? I just checked my stretched one for elev8r and it did not fit and the 20mm is too big.

Hey, thanks for the interest. I'm looking forward to the clip upgrades; can't wait to see the new designs. As you know toward the start of May I tried to achieve a wireless ball-vape-like experience with the coil cap beta to see if it could be done. This effort quickly evolved into the configuration displayed in my previous post.

Here is what I'm doing:

The dual PID is set to 800F/427C for the heater, and 575F/302C for the bowl. The bowl temp is set this high to offset the casual amount of time I take to load the bowl; by the time it's ready to cap, I've hit my desired temperature of around 375F/191C. The actual temperatures of the heater and bowl directly off the coils are 755F/402C and 510F/266C respectively. All temp measurements were taken via Dipwand.

I'm using one of the SS hose clamps provided with the beta kit to set the depth at which the heater sits within the provided coil like so:

The handle is a set of test tube clamps:

I'm using a 14mm SS Keck clip to position and suspend the bowl within a slightly stretched 16mm barrel coil like so:

I typically use my bubbler+ash catcher (set to low diffusion) or my vapor pipe+dropdown for consumption:

The bowl heats up quickly in a couple of minutes and the heater takes about twice as long to get to temp with both bowl and heater temps overshooting the target a bit; it takes about 10 mins for the temps to stabilize. Once stable, the coil cap kit rapidly roasts bowls like a ball vape. I'm controlling the humidity of the cannabis using Boveda 62% packs. The grind is courtesy of Aroma-3 and I've tested between 1 and 2 CT big scoops. Here is a capture of some AVB, just for fun:

Cleanup involves a cycle through an ultrasonic cleaner and then once dry, spot burn-offs using a big shot gt 8000 if necessary.

Up next I'll be testing out the V-Stick, Nameless and QC mini some more:

@RogueGuy The V Stick is a treat--I love it; what a great design. I've been sipping on small buds using it--very satisfying experience. If only I had your torch skills; nice. The Nameless has been especially delightful to use, thanks for mentioning it--for anyone who hasn't seen it yet @coolbreeze stared a manual vape thread here. Finally, cheers to Lee for sharing those advanced heating tips! :science:

JettyRatt

i have had a terpcycle for over a year and have used it a lot (was my main vape for 4-5 months then used 3-4 times a week) . last night i loaded it and hit it with the torch as usual and my heater cover immediately cracked it still together so i used it for a couple more bowls. i guess with all of the heat cycles that it has been through it just finally weakened enough that it cracked anyone else have one crack after a while?

David Root

I put a chip in my torpedo the day I got it. It was stuck together pretty good. I yanked and it chipped each piece a litt.e No problems since.

I Iike the preheat method.

David

David Root,
Reactions: sedentree

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I just got my QC Mini this morning and immediately gave it a try :ko: (after cleaning the parts).

TRWW recommends a smaller torch, but since I've still been using primarily the Megacicle, I just stuck with my Blazer Big Buddy. Using the 2 mm cap, I heated for an estimated 8-10 seconds at first, then, after some hits, reheated for 5-7 to finish the bowl. I'll be playing around with the timing and technique, but this was already very satisfying. The vapor production was really good, the avb was evenly browned to my desire, and for me the bowl size is about perfect. I'll probably start using this most of the time now, reserving the Megacicle for those megadose occasions.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TedJones did you try the coil on the Terpcicle Mini? I actually havent even tried it yet. but i do agree that a little extra care needs to be used when removing the terpcicle heater with coil. I tend to squeeze/wedge my fingers between the bowl joint flange and heater flange to pop it loose before lifting with the coil.

@LordOfTheVapes thanks for all the info. I guess im not surprised that you are running the heater at 800. I tried in the 600s and barely got any vapor but nearly combusted at similar temps with the coil on, which seems to indicate that a lot of heat is lost. There was just a post on reddit about wireless ball vapes and quite a bit of discussion about having to reheat between hits/heat loss. so you must just be hitting it straight away given that the bowl is pre heated. How is it running the coil at 800? Anyone have a wireless ball vape and what temp do you run it at? Glad you are enjoying the V Stick and Nameless.

@JettyRatt could you send me a picture? That is highly unusual and have only heard of one other person whos heater developed a crack on its own. And something I'll likely warranty.

@David Root unfortunately I know just what you are talking about. I should probably put something about it in the listing or demo videos. Next time you order something drop me a note and let me know its you.

@friedrich glad you are enjoying them. Did you preheat the bowl? Normally i would think that the BB would be too hot. But if you hit the bowl for like 1-2 seconds first than it would make sense that it's not so important to do slow heating of the cap. I'm using the minis a lot. I get 2 big hits off a vapcap size bowl and I'm a lot more functional than when I'm hitting the Mega all day 💨💨🥴

Im going to list 15 of each size coil kit today. But I'm leaving for a week + on friday so there will be no shipping between the 7th and 17th

LotV

@LordOfTheVapes thanks for all the info. I guess im not surprised that you are running the heater at 800. I tried in the 600s and barely got any vapor but nearly combusted at similar temps with the coil on, which seems to indicate that a lot of heat is lost. There was just a post on reddit about wireless ball vapes and quite a bit of discussion about having to reheat between hits/heat loss. so you must just be hitting it straight away given that the bowl is pre heated. How is it running the coil at 800? Anyone have a wireless ball vape and what temp do you run it at? Glad you are enjoying the V Stick and Nameless.

I do hit the bowl straight away after capping it and finish it quickly with no reheats, same as if I was using a ball vape with heated bowl but less efficient, yeah.

Top Bottom