Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Zoltani

Couple of questions:

1. how heavy is the Flux Delux with batteries installed? I'd like to carry hiking, backpacking, climbing, etc so slightly concerned about weight. Will suck it up and carry even if heavy, the dynavap is limited outdoor IME, and this thing will change the game.

2. How durable if it is in a backpack and is getting jostled around from hiking and scrambling about on boulders? I am assuming I should go for internal power switch to reduce chance of turning on, even though it looks recessed and difficult to accidently flip?

Zoltani,

Terpenetime

Couple of questions:

1. how heavy is the Flux Delux with batteries installed? I'd like to carry hiking, backpacking, climbing, etc so slightly concerned about weight. Will suck it up and carry even if heavy, the dynavap is limited outdoor IME, and this thing will change the game.

2. How durable if it is in a backpack and is getting jostled around from hiking and scrambling about on boulders? I am assuming I should go for internal power switch to reduce chance of turning on, even though it looks recessed and difficult to accidently flip?

My Flux Deluxe weights 371 grams with batteries installed.

The case itself is very sturdy so I don’t think you’d have any problems so long as you use the (included) rubber band to prevent the lid accidentally coming off. The external power switch does need a firm touch but it could in theory be knocked on, so in your circumstances I’d probably go for the internal switch.

This new thread could do with a few more images :ove:

93B38252-14D8-4CBF-BDD9-86CF04454D20.jpegA68EB86D-A810-4D5B-99F2-30A0B54217BC.jpegD16674C1-388F-4E21-B058-FCD25379A72E.jpegBF880456-E65A-415B-8244-FFBE88B8EFE0.jpeg

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I hope everyone's week is going well. Here are a few Fluxer updates to share:

Flix:

Cases and switches: On Monday I paid the invoice for the first order of Flix cases and switches, so stuff is happening. :rockon: I'm told the cases have been machined and are being anodized this week, and will be shipping very soon - maybe by Monday. I also discussed ordering a second batch with my manufacturer and what the turnaround time would be, etc. and got some reasonable answers, so I guess we'll see how it goes if/when it comes to that...

Variable voltage PSUs: I'm still waiting for my first order of variable voltage PSUs to arrive, and will post an update after they get here. The first few were due here a few days ago but aren't here yet, so I'm hopeful those will get here soon. :/

Web store: I'm currently building it, and will have more info on it next week. :tup:

I have a few other details I am still finalizing, including the coil standard size I'll be posting those details soon. :nod:

Behind the scenes, making the Flux Deluxe and the Flix:

As most of you know, I make my own sub-assemblies myself, in my shop. It lets me keep a close eye on quality, plus it's the cheapest way to get these specialized items made.

My coil assemblies, which are central to every heater i make, are good examples of this. They consist of two parts, the insert and the coil, and I make each of those parts in my shop in a series of steps. The final assembly may look like a simple item made from a piece of cut glass and a length of wire, but each of those pieces requires multiple, separate steps to make.

Making the inserts: A few weeks ago I posted a video of my process for making glass and carbon fiber inserts for the coils, as that's an important and time consuming task. At one point in time I looked into outsourcing this step, but it was just too expensive to have these inserts made for me in the quantities and sizes I want. Instead of outsourcing them, I've worked on refining my manufacturing process for making these inserts until the process became something I could do repeatedly and efficiently. Please watch that video if you haven't seen it, as you may find it to be informative.

Making the coils: I posted a new video today (linked below) that shows you the other half of the coil assembly process, which is winding the coil and prepping the ends so it can be soldered to the circuit board. This used to be my most hands-on process: I'd clamp one end of the wire to a rod, then wind the spool around the rod until i had formed a coil. I'd then cut the wire, unclamp and remove it from the rod, wrap it around the appropriate glass insert, trim the ends to length, and finally strip the enamel insulation from the wire so I could solder it (Note: magnet wire is a pure copper wire covered in a hard enamel coating for insulation, and this covering needs to be removed by abrasion or heat to enable to one to solder the wire.)

Anyway, I gave that process a good, long look and tried to figure out some ways to improve it, and found some good ones. The video below shows what I've come up with, and I'm very happy with both the process and the results it produces. So happy, in fact, that I made a little video of it so you can check it out, too:

Let me know what you think.

Cheers, and thanks for your support!

M3 Element

To my understanding the only difference between the Flux Deluxe base model vs standard model is just the addition of the built in battery meter and the LEDs under the glass In the standard model?

M3 Element,
Reactions: Summer

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
To my understanding the only difference between the Flux Deluxe base model vs standard model is just the addition of the built in battery meter and the LEDs under the glass In the standard model?

That’s correct. The options for a Dark Green case and/or a carbon fiber insert are also exclusiveto the Standard model.

mr_cfromcali,

Skeemo

Woooo my heater is on its way! Two questions;
1) Can the the ih be used while charging?
2) will the battery drain if I leave the switch turned on?

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Woooo my heater is on its way! Two questions;
1) Can the the ih be used while charging?
2) will the battery drain if I leave the switch turned on?

1. I do not recommend using the heater while charging it, as that is hard on the cells.

2. The battery will drain a tiny bit if you leave the power on. The Green LED only uses 20mA, which is a very small amount of electricity. You can also turn it off via a DIP switch on the circuit board.

This image identifies the various LEDs on the Flux Deluxe and explains which ones can be turned off, and how to do so:

Flux-Deluxe-LEDs-private-copy.jpg

I placed the switch for the green LED, at bottom of above image, so that you may be able to reach it without removing the battery tray. Peer through through the cutout for the negative ( – ) polarity symbol - if you can spot the small white paddle, you can move it using a pin or other sharp, thin instrument. Or just remove the battery tray and access it directly.

I'll be posting the above info on my web site when I complete the edits i am currently performing.

Cheers,
:leaf:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Damn I need one! I just signed up the list...anything else I need to do?

Wait patiently.

That pretty much sums it up. The FD's just take time to make, and as a result there's a long waiting list. Please be patient, and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

BTW, I just sent out last of the order confirmation emails for those who signed up in August, 2019, so if you were expecting one but didn't receive it, please sent me an email or PM. Next up: early September, 2019. My progress isn't fast, but I'm grinding along along... ;)

Thanks again for your patience, those of you who are waiting! I have found a few process improvements recently, so there's some hope my pace will improve.

Cheers,

lordtinuviel

That pretty much sums it up. The FD's just take time to make, and as a result there's a long waiting list. Please be patient, and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

BTW, I just sent out last of the order confirmation emails for those who signed up in August, 2019, so if you were expecting one but didn't receive it, please sent me an email or PM. Next up: early September, 2019. My progress isn't fast, but I'm grinding along along... ;)

Thanks again for your patience, those of you who are waiting! I have found a few process improvements recently, so there's some hope my pace will improve.

Cheers,

thank you and I’ll wait patiently. I was reading and it looks like the 17mm coil is the best one for both SS and TI tips, is that correct?

bannakaffalatta

There is only one of these.View attachment 683

Are you sure?

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_1859.JPG

I got mine in October 2019. I forgot I had put myself on the waiting list in March 2019. I got an e-mail one day saying "my time was ready" and I was like "ready for what?". A little digging and some ooohing and ahhing and decision making and my order was in.

Last edited:

IvanChesnokov

Weedfinder General
thank you and I’ll wait patiently. I was reading and it looks like the 17mm coil is the best one for both SS and TI tips, is that correct?
It works well for Ti tips but won't extract as well as the 16mm if removed at the second click. For SS, I much prefer the 17mm to the 16mm
Are you sure?

View attachment 733

View attachment 734

I got mine in October 2019. I forgot I had put myself on the waiting list in March 2019. I got an e-mail one day saying "my time was ready" and I was like "ready for what?". A little digging and some ooohing and ahhing and decision making and my order was in.
That blue looks really nice, you're making me regret my choice of purple lol

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger

Cheers,

Yay for September! Can’t wait.

Will the Flix heaters be ready by the time you ship the September units? I wanted to order one along with my Flux Deluxe.

MysterioN,
Top Bottom