Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
<snip>Trying to figure out if it's like a gas tank where you can just recharge it whenever you want or if that 3V you mention is the sweet spot that the batteries should always be taken down to? Thanks again for your help!
Long term storage is the only real issue with li-ions and charge limits. You don't want to overfill the tank if the gas is going to go stale anyway. I have never really given much credence to most of the li-ion controversies. Convenience is my watchword. Need battery - need a full battery!

And Jeff is right. Li-ion are nothing like the old days with ni-cad or nimh. Fun times but different era.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Regarding how some small companies are dealing with mail ban, NV posted this Thursday here:

“We are going to ship from "custom instruments" remove all labeling, instructions, and try and make the package be as discrete as possible. Vrod, shovelhead, and weedeater replacement metal parts. You can always visit Palm Beach Florida for a factory tour and order pickup. Let's hope this all blows over.”

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
WOW, very cool! Thanks for posting. Maybe there IS a market for weirdly small and oddly colorful wax carving tool heaters. :lol:
I love the idea of using a Dremel as a hand-held lathe spindle, that's very clever!

The dremel-lathe is one of my favorite parts!! Super clever. I had never seen a 3D pen before I watched that and thought it was super interesting, it's SO different from 3D printing where all the focus is on the computer modeling.

Towards the end when he's making the wheels I thought to myself "don't tell me he's gonna spoke the rims, too."
A second later, considering how far he's already gone, lol of course he's gonna do the spokes too - he already wired the headlight :lol:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I'm going to drop some Flix v2 and Flite heaters in the store tomorrow morning at 10:00am Pacific standard time (GMT-8).

Expected Inventory for Friday, March 5:

Flix v2: 30+
Flite: 15+

I'll be working on these PCBs today and tonight and will share the number to be available before we start. There may also be a few "pre-configured" models, heaters that are already built and will be sold as they are currently configured.

That's a lot of heaters for me to complete and ship in 2-3 weeks. I'll keep an eye on the calendar, and if I can move through these quickly, I'll try to add a few more if there's still interest.

One of the things about running down my inventory is that I will probably run out of some accessories. For example, I have ~20 or so of the Flite/Flux Deluxe 110V US/North American battery charging adapters left in stock. If (or when) I run out, you may need to source these yourself from Amazon, eBay, etc. I'll provide links and specs if it comes to that.

The checkout process:
As I said yesterday, the checkout process tomorrow should be rapid. You won't pay anything at checkout. I will ask you how you intend to pay, so I can get that going when I process your order, but you can change your method later if needed. Your checkout will end with the instructions for completing payment.

Payment options:
US customer payment options are Zelle, a paper check, or a paper money order.
Zelle is a US-bank to US-bank e-payment platform. I was surprised to find it came included with my Wells Fargo accounts, so if you are unfamiliar with it, check with your bank to see if they offer it. If not, as silly as it is, mailing me a slip of paper will also work fine for this.

International/non-US customer payment options are a Western Union wire transfer (link is to their fee schedule), or by partnering with someone in the US to send payment via one of the methods above. For Western Union, I'll have you transfer directly to my bank, which is the method with the least expensive fees. Fees vary by payment amount and method. For reference, sending US$250 directly to my bank and paying by debit card will cost ~US$12, and sending the same amount but paying by credit card will cost ~US$20. Check the above link for more accurate info.

So...is this it for Fluxer?

I sure hope not,
but I have no fucking idea, honestly. I really enjoy doing this, I have fantastic customers (THANK YOU!!!), and I have enough cases and other parts on hand to make several hundred more heaters. I don't want to stop, and am only stopping because these new regulations seem to demand it.

The penalties for violating these regs are serious and I have no desire to be a test case for compliance, so I'll need to wait and see what transpires. I'd like to come back as soon as I know it is legal for me to sell and ship again. I'm hopeful there will be some legislative relief "soon", but it may not come soon enough. I don't know, and no one else seems to, either. I'm trying to stay positive and not get too bitter about this shit, but it sure doesn't make me happy.

I'll take a break from new sales while the rules take effect, but I'll still be here.
:wave:
@TommyDee has a few more very clever ideas up his sleeve, and we are both interested in developing them further, so there are plans for the future, should we be so fortunate. Here's to hope! :)

Anyway, that's where things stand at the moment. I have a few heaters to complete for people who PM'd me in the last couple of weeks, and if that sounds like you, please follow up with me via PM or email so I don't accidentally skip over you. Things are going to get hectic.

Thanks, all! There will be more to come. :)

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Something shiny. Something new. A raw Flix V2 to compliment all my other titanium and aluminum tidbits. I chose the 16mm cooler coil setup. As expected, it’s performing just like my Flite with the same coil set up.
0F04F18D-35A2-4AA1-98F9-6BA49DE4A604.jpegThe CaS switch is working flawlessly but I am pleased to have the button as well. I’m especially fond of the green LEDs when on and the red LEDs under the coil when activated. 7B8945C7-AB6D-4D63-B199-6511BE96DDBB.jpeg @mr_cfromcali THANK YOU! Best of luck with the upcoming challenges you face. Like many, I’m rooting for you. You have a wonderful product.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'll take a break from new sales while the rules take effect, but I'll still be here.
:wave:
@TommyDee has a few more very clever ideas up his sleeve, and we are both interested in developing them further, so there are plans for the future, should we be so fortunate. Here's to hope! :)
I volunteer to beta test anything you two mad scientists come up with. Yes, please. :wave:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Since I've got my three heaters back I've been using them non-stop, god I missed using my Vapcaps with a IH so much.

The Flite with the 16mm coil is perfect for me, not as hot for the throat as the 15mm coil was. For the rest it's pretty much what I always wanted from a portable IH, even without using the PWM the extraction is really good, I'm done in four to five clicks and the ABV is dark brown. I also got a second set of batteries so I won't run out of power, I'm good for an evening with a charge so it's not a problem if you go out and don't have a way to recharge the batteries.

I'm so glad I decided to upgrade both my Flix, I can't go back to the old ways after using the cap as switch on the Flite. The PWM really shine on the Flix since I don't have battery level to manage, also it's easier to use because you can just use the button on top to activate the heater when you want to go for a longer extraction. It's nice to have the option to choose where you want the knob and choose the knob to further customize your Flix.

A Flix with a 15mm coil and an adjustable PSU is unmatched for control over your experience with the Vapcap, now add the PWM and you will never need anything else.

This whole situation sucks but I have faith that Fluxer will survive one way or the other. Hopefully this forced break will lead to new ideas and new opportunities.

20210304_195028.jpg
20210304_195532.jpg

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

OK, not working on a lot of sleep at the moment, lol.

Here's what I'll be dropping in the store at 10:00am Pacific time, in about an hour from when I post this.

Build to order heaters (all standard colors):

Flix v2: 25 total: 10 green base/green under coil LED ; 15 standard blue base/red under coil LED​
Flite: 20 total
UPDATE to add: Flite will be listed by color, but you can change to any other standard color when we finalize payment, as before.

Preconfigured heaters
These six heaters already exist and are being sold in their present configurations. No substitutions or changes, but there is an option to swap to a 15mm coil (for a small fee) if you prefer that.

Flix v2 :
  • Gun Metal case, 16 mm coil, green LEDs, PWM, side mount knob of your choice, with Flux Deluxe-style vent holes holes; $195
  • Orange case, 16 mm coil, green PWM, LEDs, side mount knob of your choice, with Flux Deluxe-style vent holes holes; $195
  • Red case, 16 mm coil, green PWM, LEDs, top mount knob of your choice; $175
  • Purple case, 16 mm coil, green LEDs, with Flux Deluxe-style vent holes holes; $155
Flite :
  • Gun metal case, 16 mm coil, green push button only triggering; $220
Flux Deluxe:
  • Dark Green, 16 mm coil, external switch; $175

That's a lot of heaters, folks! I will move through these orders as quickly as I am able to do so, but it won't be quick. Please allow me the full time remaining to ship these!

If you have questions ahead of these going on sale, please ask them now and I will try to answer them before the drop.

If you are the sort that wants to buy a bunch of these, please limit yourself to a max of 4 so others can get one as well. Thanks!

I will need to arrange payment with each buyer individually, so please keep that in mind when we interact. That's going to take several days, minimum, so please be patient as well. I am not looking for a cash grab, I need to do this in an orderly manner, and it's going to be difficult. Thank you in advance for your patience!

Please reference your order number in any communication we have for clarity and accuracy.

Finally, after you place your order, please keep any change requests to a minimum! I don't want to lose my mind. Thank you!

Oh, and happy Friday. :)

Updated to add: I would like to drop all at once, but may not be able to do so cleanly. If I have to drop these sequentially, I'll start with the preconfigured models - which may also drop individually - then move to the built-to-order models. Sorry, the GoDaddy store isn't set up for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, heaters have dropped and should be live. Thank you! let me know if you have issues!

Updated to add: Orders are coming in and no one seems to be complaining about the store, so I will assume it's all working OK.

Thank you for your tremendous support! :love:

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thank you all for your fantastic support! The initial response has been very strong - thanks! There are still heaters in the store for those that want them. I'm going to stop babysitting the thread, but I'll continue to monitor the thread and my email, so let me know if you have questions or run into any issues.

Thanks again! I have some more prep work to do before I begin processing orders and arranging payment with you, but I hope to begin that process later today.

Thank you! :love:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

A huge thank you to everyone who purchased a heater today! Thank you!! You folks rock! :rockon::love:

Several people have written to me asking what comes next, so let me try to clear that up.

1. I still need to process today’s orders and get them into my “heaters to build” database. I'll do that later tonight.

2. Once I have that data organized, I'll send you an email to confirm the details of your order, and we'll sort out any changes.

3. After we confirm the details and the final amount due, I'll send you a Zelle request (if we agreed to do that), or you'll send me payment by check or money order.

4. Once I have your payment, I'll complete your heater. I expect it will take me the next two weeks to complete today's orders, so thank you in advance for your patience!

5. I will send you a tracking number once I ship your heater.

That's the plan. I’ll be in touch sometime this weekend with a formal request for payment.

Thank you again for your incredible support today! You folks amaze me!

Have a great weekend!
:leaf:

PS: Although the Flites are gone - thank you! - there's still a Flux Deluxe for sale in the store. It's been there all day, and was still there when I checked before this post...just in case anyone was looking for one...:whoa:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Thank you again for your tremendous response yesterday! You folks bought a lot of induction heaters (!) and the Fluxer store is currently empty*! :love:

My plan for today is to review yesterday's orders and begin the process of turning orders into heaters. I'll contact each customer by email, ask you to confirm your order details, discuss any corrections or changes, and begin the process of collecting payment from you. I received many orders yesterday - THANK YOU!! - so this may take me a few hours, most likely spread over a few more hours. Everyone who purchased a heater from the store as part of this sale should get an email from me by the end of the weekend, confirming the details of your order and arranging payment details.

OK, fine, but will you be dropping more Flite?

*There were 10 or so Flix v2 left in the store this morning. I've decided to pull these back for now, as I want to focus on the orders that are already in the queue. If I can make good progress this week on the orders I received yesterday, I will be back with more Flite and (a few more Flix v2) before I have to stop shipping. But for now, the store is sold out.

Thank you!! :love::love::love:

Top Bottom