Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Thanks to all who have reached out to me in the last 48 hours with order requests! :love: You folks are amazing! Thank you for your incredible support!! At present I have a queue of heaters to build. I don't want to get overwhelmed, so I'm going to focus on completing and shipping heaters for a bit. I'd like to get caught up with my current orders, and I also need to send a couple of replacement parts I've promised before I take on more new work.

I plan to drop some heaters in the store after I've caught up with the orders in front of me. I expect that will be in a few days, but I'll post updates here as I get further along with the current build queue.

Thanks! I'll post the timing and procedure for the upcoming drops once I've sorted through my current work load. :tup:

purpletweed

Not on its own, but yes, that ^^^ USB adapter plus the automotive charging adapter I currently carry is the USB charger hack I've been prototyping for the Flite. You need the car charger piece to manage the charge circuit, and the above adapter handles boosting the 5V USB power output to the correct 12V:
What if that kind of adapter was used with a USB charging brick, the kind with overcharge protection? Would that be enough, or is there something particular about the car adapter which should be kept in mind?

Edit: 'brick' above means wall wart / mains-powered USB charger.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What if that kind of adapter was used with a USB charging brick, the kind with overcharge protection? Would that be enough, or is there something particular about the car adapter which should be kept in mind?

The car adapter has a charge sensing circuit, with an LED indicator to show charge status. It will stop charging when it senses the batteries are full. It is the right tool for the job. I would have to evaluate the USB battery bank to know if it would work, and I don't see getting to that any time soon. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows more?:shrug:

rvarick

I happy to say I had great success with re-gluing my case magnet following the instructions mr_cfromcali shared above. I used the KISS Molecular Super Bond that was recommended, plus also had to pick up some Goof Off Pro Strength Remover for minor cleanup. I was really happy with both products. KISS seemed to flow much better than standard super glue, and the Goof Off was 100x better than "goo gone". Happy to have both on hand even after this repair. I didn't have to soak the adhesive in the Goof Off in my case, instead I had good success with applying it, and then scraping off any flakes of excessive glue with my fingernail, and a small wooden q-tip stick. The Goof Off seemed to break down the glue enough to allow it to flake off easily. Thanks again Jeff, and hope this information is useful to others!

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I meant to share this link earlier and forgot. For Flite owners looking for a second set of batteries, this is a pretty good deal:

18350 Lithium Battery 3.7V ICR18350 900mAh Rechargeable Battery with 4 Slot Smart Battery Charger by fuspowerus: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T7M81WX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_47JJ4WE96VWA82FNMKJC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The cells are only 900 mAh, but I've found that's fine for use around the house, as you can plug them in between sessions. And the external USB charger is handy.

Also, for those requesting extra batteries with their Flites: I can only mail batteries when they are installed and properly terminated in a device. There are postal rules that prohibit me from mailing loose or separate batteries, rules limiting how many cells can be shipped in one package, and also rules prohibiting the shipping of fully charged cells. Rules, rules, rules...:myday:

------

I'm working my way through my "paid orders" queue - THANK YOU! :love: - and I'm trying to complete the heaters remaining in that queue by the end of the weekend. Once I get past these I'll have a better sense of what I can expect to accomplish in the next three weeks or so. I expect to share info on new orders after the weekend.

I'm hopeful that whatever disruption lies ahead with this postal SNAFU will be temporary and not permanent, but there's a lot of uncertainty at the moment as the US Gov't has some very big feet and is stomping all over our little garden here. Hopefully we can get someone from our side of the industry to explain that we aren't the correct target of this legislative ire, and they'll call off the dogs, and life can go back to something like it was before. That's my hope, anyway, but we'll need to see how it all plays out.

OK, it's a beautiful day where I am, so I'm going to get some fresh air while I can and then head back to the shop. I hope your weekends are going well! :wave:

Haemaerae

Flite owner 59 here! Damn am i so happy i ended up cancelling my order from the-one-i-wont-mention-from-germany, and getting Flite instead. My Flix has more aggressive heating profile now when little plastic stand got off from the switch, but Flite is really good as it is.

Superb build quality was expected, but it always warms my cynic heart. Thanks Jeff again, i hope you can continue to build best IH devices on the market.

eaknet

Flite owner 59 here! Damn am i so happy i ended up cancelling my order from the-one-i-wont-mention-from-germany, and getting Flite instead. My Flix has more aggressive heating profile now when little plastic stand got off from the switch, but Flite is really good as it is.

Superb build quality was expected, but it always warms my cynic heart. Thanks Jeff again, i hope you can continue to build best IH devices on the market.
Flites 74 and 75 are in the hands of the (effing) USPS and on their way to my abode! I cannot wait!

Mine is also in the hands of USPS, but it hasn't updated since "departed distribution center" over a week ago so everyone pray for my little heater out there on his own, (hopefully) in the cold, dark confines of a USPS trailer.
Wow the prayers worked, just got a notification that after 8 days it finally made it to the local distribution center!!!

How do you guys know which # your Flite is btw? I was hoping for 69 but it appears someone drew that straw already :)

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wow the prayers worked, just got a notification that after 8 days it finally made it to the local distribution center!!!

How do you guys know which # your Flite is btw? I was hoping for 69 but it appears someone drew that straw already :)
Glad it’s moving again, @dynavapmuser !

The serial number sticker is on the inside of the lid.

Zoltani

The thing I loved about this community is the small producers making amazing accessories and devices. It is a real shame that this is happening and will likely kill the small makers. I now have to decide if I want to pick up a flix before the 3/20 deadline.

DHV8654

The thing I loved about this community is the small producers making amazing accessories and devices. It is a real shame that this is happening and will likely kill the small makers. I now have to decide if I want to pick up a flix before the 3/20 deadline.
I have been thinking the same thing, I hope this isn't the last chance...

DHV8654,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

A few updates on my current queue:

Paid orders: I still have 3-4 paid orders in my "to be completed" queue. I hope to wrap these up today.

Repairs: I have 2-3 repairs to complete. I hope to wrap these up today as well, but these may not ship until tomorrow.

To set expectations, that means working on 8-10 heaters as some of the above have multiple items. That's probably a full day of tasks for me once I factor in the other normal interruptions that come up.
:nod:

New orders: In the short term, I'm planning on dropping another batch of Flite and Flix v2 before the end of this week, most likely Thursday, though that could become Friday. I expect this to be about 30 heaters in total, as I don't want to over-commit. Payment will need to be either via Zelle (US customers only), check (US customers only), money order (likely US only), or Western Union for international orders. I'll have more info on these plans tomorrow.

-----------------------

Looking ahead: Like a lot of you, looking ahead leaves me with more questions than answers. :shrug: I saw yesterday that HVT will stop shipping on 3/26, joining others I have seen that are either taking a break or hanging it up. Not a good omen, but it's the way things are for a lot of vendors at the moment.

I will do my best to serve heaters to as many of you that want them until I have to stop, but there will be a pause coming, and there isn't anything I can do about it. :\

I'm hopeful Fluxer's hiatus will be "only" be several weeks to several months, but the truth is that I just don't know. I have enough cases and electrical parts on hand to make several hundred of each model, and I hope I will have the opportunity to go back to making these as soon as the rules are clarified. I don't think this broad and poorly worded ban will last in its current form, but it's my intention to follow the law, and in the short term, that means taking a break after late March.

I have a lot of faith in my current designs and think there's a good market for them in the Dynaverse, so if I am unable to go forward on my own, I will look for others ways to get these designs to market. And I'm still planing on being here and discussing these with you.

It will be new, and it will feel weird, but that's the plan at the moment.

Thank you for your support! I've overcome a number of challenges to bring the Fluxer project to this point, and I don't believe this postal ban (and the accompanying regulatory changes, which are honestly worse) will be the end. The ban is going to be disruptive, however, and I'm not 100% sure Fluxer will survive it. We will need to see what comes.

Anyway, those are my Tuesday thoughts on the matter. More to come, I'm sure.

:leaf:

Flavor Vaper

Hi all,

A few updates on my current queue:

Paid orders: I still have 3-4 paid orders in my "to be completed" queue. I hope to wrap these up today.

Repairs: I have 2-3 repairs to complete. I hope to wrap these up today as well, but these may not ship until tomorrow.

To set expectations, that means working on 8-10 heaters as some of the above have multiple items. That's probably a full day of tasks for me once I factor in the other normal interruptions that come up.
:nod:

New orders: In the short term, I'm planning on dropping another batch of Flite and Flix v2 before the end of this week, most likely Thursday, though that could become Friday. I expect this to be about 30 heaters in total, as I don't want to over-commit. Payment will need to be either via Zelle (US customers only), check (US customers only), money order (likely US only), or Western Union for international orders. I'll have more info on these plans tomorrow.

-----------------------

Looking ahead: Like a lot of you, looking ahead leaves me with more questions than answers. :shrug: I saw yesterday that HVT will stop shipping on 3/26, joining others I have seen that are either taking a break or hanging it up. Not a good omen, but it's the way things are for a lot of vendors at the moment.

I will do my best to serve heaters to as many of you that want them until I have to stop, but there will be a pause coming, and there isn't anything I can do about it. :\

I'm hopeful Fluxer's hiatus will be "only" be several weeks to several months, but the truth is that I just don't know. I have enough cases and electrical parts on hand to make several hundred of each model, and I hope I will have the opportunity to go back to making these as soon as the rules are clarified. I don't think this broad and poorly worded ban will last in its current form, but it's my intention to follow the law, and in the short term, that means taking a break after late March.

I have a lot of faith in my current designs and think there's a good market for them in the Dynaverse, so if I am unable to go forward on my own, I will look for others ways to get these designs to market. And I'm still planing on being here and discussing these with you.

It will be new, and it will feel weird, but that's the plan at the moment.

Thank you for your support! I've overcome a number of challenges to bring the Fluxer project to this point, and I don't believe this postal ban (and the accompanying regulatory changes, which are honestly worse) will be the end. The ban is going to be disruptive, however, and I'm not 100% sure Fluxer will survive it. We will need to see what comes.

Anyway, those are my Tuesday thoughts on the matter. More to come, I'm sure.

:leaf:
Thanks for the update.
Do you plan on making some every week until the 20th?

Top Bottom