Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

A5WagyuKeef

GOD DAMMIT. I signed up for this forum, got thread update notifications on yet STILLL SLACKED. Is there a away to get be put on the next batch? I’d be happy to prepay for it it just so happens I work Monday-sat and i will probably miss out again. This orion im using is a pos and I’ve been looking at Fluxers for over a year yet always miss out😭😭😭😭😭😭

Haemaerae

Looking forward to next week. Have seen many posts on Reddit claiming this to be king. Ready to pull the trigger. Thanks for all you do!
Look, i get that it may feel like step pulling the trigger, but as dude who usually suffers from HUGE ass buyers remorse: nothing like that with Fluxers. Absolutely nothing.

Only thing i think as owner of 2 of Jeff creations: ” Third would be cool”.

Schmelly G

Any left over flites? I got sidetracked and completely spaced on grabbing one. If so just lmk when so I can have funds ready. Preferably for a raw unfinished version. If unavailable I will settle for what is available. Thanks in advance.👊🙏

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Thank you again for your incredible support! :love: You folks bought a lot of Fluxer heaters on Friday and Saturday! Thanks! :bowdown:

In a shock to no one, I am now up to me eyeballs in stuff to do: I have sales orders to process, payment requests to generate, emails to answer, and of course a lot of heaters yet to build. Thank you! :tup: Also: :o

This is what you can expect this week:

I am going to tackle these tasks in several waves instead of trying to complete them serially. This means I am processing and building some orders now, and will process and build others tomorrow, etc., spreading the processing and sending of payment requests for my remaining orders from this sale and the heaters I've committed to building over PM across the remainder of the week. There's just a lot to do, and too much to complete at once. As the saying goes, "I need to eat the elephant one bite at at time."

I've sent out most of my payment request emails with totals and instructions for payment, but I still have 10+ more to send. I haven't forgotten these and will complete processing these remaining orders as soon as I make room in my queues.

I sent out the first batch of payment requests last night/this morning - thank you in advance!! - and I will work on completing and shipping the heaters for those requests as the payments are received.

That's also the plan for the rest of the week, or until these orders are finished and shipped. "Lather, rinse, and repeat."

I would like to get through my current queue(s) by Friday, if possible. That may be ambitious, so expect another update in a day or two with a more accurate estimate.

Any left over flites? I got sidetracked and completely spaced on grabbing one. If so just lmk when so I can have funds ready. Preferably for a raw unfinished version. If unavailable I will settle for what is available. Thanks in advance.👊🙏

I'll be back with more if I can complete what I've already agreed to ship in the time I have left. That sounds pretty dire when phrased that way, doesn't it? :lol:

Anyway, that's the Fluxer plan on this Monday. I'll be back with more updates as we get deeper into the week.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

yay - Flite #80 reporting in

I’m guessing it’s ok that the hole is a bit off from the coil?

It was centered when I shipped it and it moved in transit. You can move it with a Sharpie or other dowel-like object. Your insert is carbon fiber, so you could use your DV as well (don't move with the DV if you have a glass insert). The coil is copper and it's not a big deal to push it back. Use light-to-moderate force, and remove the lid if you need a bit more room to operate.

rvarick

yay - Flite #80 reporting in

I’m guessing it’s ok that the hole is a bit off from the coil?
Mine ended up similar to yours on arrival. I have a bit of OCD mixed with over-cautiousness with nice things. However, I was happy to find that I was able to easily move my coil/insert into a centered position with just a little pushing. You'll get it right. Good luck!

Jah75

@Jah75 - You can nudge the coil a bit to where you want it. There would be no hope for people with OCD otherwise. I've tweaked mine to dead-center and go after it if anything re-tweaked it.

It was centered when I shipped it and it moved in transit. You can move it with a Sharpie or other dowel-like object. Your insert is carbon fiber, so you could use your DV as well (don't move with the DV if you have a glass insert). The coil is copper and it's not a big deal to push it back. Use light-to-moderate force, and remove the lid if you need a bit more room to operate.
Awesome - it is working perfectly for me. Glad to hear I can move it a bit safely lol.

I was worried about my selections as far as coil size etc - I went with 15mm and hotter set up, using with my Omnivap and low temp cap I get 3 perfect hits before the cap is spent and I pull exactly at the first click. It’s dialed in perfectly out of the box for my setup, no pwm adjustment needed (but glad I have that option) so glad to have another Fluxer in the garage 😍

Last edited:
Figured I would chime back in today after doing some highly scientific research -

My Flite - 16mm coil on COOLER settings, push button no CAS, CF insert

1. On using only thumb to modulate heat instead of PWM - I have seen decent success with this method of cooking it by using "feel" but I think the biggest problem is the inconsistency... After a rip or two from the Dynavap I tended to draw out the heating cycles and ended up combusting more than once. Gave this an honest go but I don't see a huge upside to try to do it by feel...

2. On using PWM - PWM has more consistency over the above method. With PWM the clicks are like a track where you can have a good idea for how many total clicks there have been without knowing them because they are evenly spaced out. I found this much more consistent and with PWM I have yet to hit combustion. I sometimes will count the clicks to try to time it but usually even without counting I can get a good idea for when is best to stop.

My method -

1. Heat to about 75% of where the click would be from a cold start
2. Remove from heat and check using a quick pull, just to gauge temp
3. After about 10 seconds take to almost the preclick (2020M) and then take first big rip
4. After about 15 seconds heat to preclick / click and take big rip
5. Put on magnet to cool

Right now I'm getting about two of the above sessions per pack on a 2020M before deciding to change out the material or take it to the edge and make it charcoal colored. I have found that the latter choice does not taste very good so I'm opting to change earlier now.

The time difference between heating in both methods ended up being about the same but I think the PWM makes it easier to use and also more efficient and repeatable.

GRZ

LOL. That's a 1/2" knob, they don't make 'em smaller.

I have one other idea that's tiny, which is a small vinyl cover. The dot is white paint:

IMG-0818-private.jpg

IMG-0828-private.jpg

I can offer this as an alternate if anyone wants it instead of a knob.

Otherwise...I don't know. A knob is a physical object that takes space. :shrug:
Hi all, a few updates:

Flite: I believe I have completed, invoiced, and shipped each of the "Flite batch 2.5" orders I committed to over email. These were a few orders I accepted between batches, for various reasons. If this sounds like your situation and you have not received an invoice from me - or any updates - please send me a PM or email and we'll see where things stand with your order. If you are interested in a Flite and missed batch #3, sit tight, I will be back with the next batch in about two weeks.

Batch #3: I've started making Flite batch #3 and expect to be working on it for several more days. There are about 20 heaters in total in Flite batch #3. If you requested a change or added an item after you submitted your order, I'll invoice you for those things after I complete your heater.

Flix v2: I have a new candidate for the Flix v2's PWM knob, as well as some pics and a quick demo video.

Let me know what you think:

IMG-0847-private.jpg

IMG-0837-private.jpg

IMG-0841-private.jpg

Here's a quick 60 second demo of how the PWM feature works in the Flix:

Hey look, it's another Shaky Cam Production! ;)

I'm planning to do a run of Flix after I complete the current run of Flite. I'l have more info soon.

Finally, thank you to everyone in this thread for your support and enthusiasm for these heaters! I am especially grateful for the new Flite owners who took the time to post their pictures and experiences. Thank you! It has been a bit of a journey so far, but I think we have worked through all of the initial issues, and my sense from this side of the workbench is that so far, most people seem pretty happy with their Flite. If you have one and aren't happy with yours, please let me know via email or PM and I will do my best to resolve the situation.

Cheers,

GRZ,

Schmelly G

I'm here even though I'm late on responding. I pray this lame act doesn't prevent me getting a quality induction. D vap is changing names to a herbal vehicle to bypass this issue is my understanding. Maybe look into that route sir. Much love and respect for all you do.👊

Schmelly G

GOD DAMMIT. I signed up for this forum, got thread update notifications on yet STILLL SLACKED. Is there a away to get be put on the next batch? I’d be happy to prepay for it it just so happens I work Monday-sat and i will probably miss out again. This orion im using is a pos and I’ve been looking at Fluxers for over a year yet always miss out😭😭😭😭😭😭
Me and you in the same boat. I wish I could get an email addy. These can still ship no issue. Has no affiliation to the V word world. It's a induction for dental devices. Sterilization and such purposes.

Schmelly G,
Reactions: RobbIt

Flavor Vaper

Me and you in the same boat. I wish I could get an email addy. These can still ship no issue. Has no affiliation to the V word world. It's a induction for dental devices. Sterilization and such purposes.
Yes, but Jeff is being smart and cautious. As he stated previously, there is a public, documented history of his heaters being designed and used exclusively for a vaporizer. Waiting for clarification of the law will keep him safe.

Having said that, those who I think know the law well state that the device has to have been previously used with tobacco to be affected. If this turns out true, this thread will work for him and fluxer will live. Let’s hope what I’ve heard is correct.

I use my PWM at about 95% most of the time. I’ve gotten it down so that I count the ticks and typically I’m able to pull it and get the cap click mid draw. On fresh batteries it will click at about 13 ticks on a cold tip so I pull at 12....and reheats are at about 8 ticks. And Its freakin fantastic that by using PWM I can reliably pull it at the correct time visually when I’m in a loud environment.

Oh, for reference this is with Flite #9, 15mm at the coolest setting (I sent it back for a re-solder to make it cooler)...it was WAY to hot initially. Now it’s purrrfect!
This is almost identical to how I use mine. I get almost a dozen draws from one tightly packed load and it is almost black but doesn't taste like AVB unless I leave it on for longer than 12 clicks or if I let it cool too much and then reheat. Depending on the flower, my reheat cycle is 8-12 clicks. I don't let it cool click until I'm finished. Just keep reheat & draw. 2020M Ti using PWM @ 75%

Last edited:

Vapemat

Hi all,

Thank you again for your incredible support! :love: You folks bought a lot of Fluxer heaters on Friday and Saturday! Thanks! :bowdown:

In a shock to no one, I am now up to me eyeballs in stuff to do: I have sales orders to process, payment requests to generate, emails to answer, and of course a lot of heaters yet to build. Thank you! :tup: Also: :o

This is what you can expect this week:

I am going to tackle these tasks in several waves instead of trying to complete them serially. This means I am processing and building some orders now, and will process and build others tomorrow, etc., spreading the processing and sending of payment requests for my remaining orders from this sale and the heaters I've committed to building over PM across the remainder of the week. There's just a lot to do, and too much to complete at once. As the saying goes, "I need to eat the elephant one bite at at time."

I've sent out most of my payment request emails with totals and instructions for payment, but I still have 10+ more to send. I haven't forgotten these and will complete processing these remaining orders as soon as I make room in my queues.

I sent out the first batch of payment requests last night/this morning - thank you in advance!! - and I will work on completing and shipping the heaters for those requests as the payments are received.

That's also the plan for the rest of the week, or until these orders are finished and shipped. "Lather, rinse, and repeat."

I would like to get through my current queue(s) by Friday, if possible. That may be ambitious, so expect another update in a day or two with a more accurate estimate.

I'll be back with more if I can complete what I've already agreed to ship in the time I have left. That sounds pretty dire when phrased that way, doesn't it? :lol:

Anyway, that's the Fluxer plan on this Monday. I'll be back with more updates as we get deeper into the week.

Cheers,

Hello Brother,
I am new here, but I have heard about your induction heaters for a long time. My dream is to buy one of them, powered by batteries. I hope that you will post some information soon and I will have the opportunity to make my dream come true.

I know there was a web drop a few days ago, but unfortunately I missed it. I hope that you will quickly fulfill your previous orders and you will be able to move on with new ones ✌🏻

I greet you and the whole group ❤️

Top Bottom