Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Any suggested maintenance on the wax heater over time? Have you had to do any cleaning or anything before?

Curious because after one too many caps I went cap-free with my dynavap a few times before I realized what was going on and ended up with some "wax" material falling down in to the unit, just a tiny bit. I blew most out with electronics compressed air (wasn't much) but I could imagine small dirt or dust building up over time on the coils.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You can use some iso on it if it needs to be cleaned, @dynavapmuser. You won't hurt it with iso, but be aware that some stronger solvents have the potential to damage the silk screen text on the PCB.

------------------

Some Fluxer updates:

I am finally ready to begin shipping some heaters from the batch that dropped earlier this month. Thanks for your patience! There are a lot to ship and it will take me into next week to complete them, package them, buy shipping labels, etc., but they are finally beginning to leave the shop. Huzzah!

I still need to send payment requests to a few people. Please check in with me if this sounds like your situation and we haven't exchanged a PM or email about your heater recently.

I am still waiting on payments from some folks as well, so if you meant to send in a check or money order and have not yet done so, please send it ASAP.

Finally, I still need to complete payment arrangements with a few international customers. I'll be doing that today and tomorrow, and am sorry this has been delayed.

Between the batch that dropped 12 days ago and the other heaters I committed to building over PM and email, I have been absolutely buried in work. :o Thank you for your overwhelming support! The volume of work and the need for urgency have been challenging, and I've been putting in longer hours to get everything done in time, and it's still taking forever. Thanks for being patient. (And in a shock to no one, I've discovered that manual payment processing is very time consuming! I fully understand why people pay 3% or more to have someone else do it for them. :bang:)

The last few weeks have been a grind, but the deadline is looming and the finish line isn't too far ahead. I gave myself some extra margin to ship heaters and I expect I will need it. I will ship all paid heaters from the present batch by March 26. After March 26, I will take a break from shipping new heaters until I have a better sense of the legality of selling and shipping these things under the new regulations. I admit I'm being cautious, but that's how I roll sometimes. I'll be happy to jump back in as soon as I'm sure it is legal for me to do so.

Some have asked if I'll have more heaters for sale before the 26th, and in all honesty I'm not sure I'll have the time to turn more around. I'll give an update on the potential for more on Friday.

That's the latest. Thanks!

Last edited:

RobbIt

You can use some iso on it if it needs to be cleaned, @dynavapmuser. You won't hurt it with iso, but be aware that some stronger solvents have the potential to damage the silk screen text on the PCB.

------------------

Some Fluxer updates:

I am finally ready to begin shipping some heaters from the batch that dropped earlier this month. Thanks for your patience! There are a lot to ship and it will take me into next week to complete them, package them, buy shipping labels, etc., but they are finally beginning to leave the shop. Huzzah!

I still need to send payment requests to a few people. Please check in with me if this sounds like your situation and we haven't exchanged a PM or email about your heater recently.

I am still waiting on payments from some folks as well, so if you meant to send in a check or money order and have not yet done so, please send it ASAP.

Finally, I still need to complete payment arrangements with a few international customers. I'll be doing that today and tomorrow, and am sorry this has been delayed.

Between the batch that dropped 12 days ago and the other heaters I committed to building over PM and email, I have been absolutely buried in work. :o Thank you for your overwhelming support! The volume of work and the need for urgency have been challenging, and I've been putting in longer hours to get everything done in time, and it's still taking forever. Thanks for being patient. (And in a shock to no one, I've discovered that manual payment processing is very time consuming! I fully understand why people pay 3% or more to have someone else do it for them. :bang:)

The last few weeks have been a grind, but the deadline is looming and the finish line isn't too far ahead. I gave myself some extra margin to ship heaters and I expect I will need it. I will ship all paid heaters from the present batch by March 26. After March 26, I will take a break from shipping new heaters until I have a better sense of the legality of selling and shipping these things under the new regulations. I admit I'm being cautious, but that's how I roll sometimes. I'll be happy to jump back in as soon as I'm sure it is legal for me to do so.

Some have asked if I'll have more heaters for sale before the 26th, and in all honesty I'm not sure I'll have the time to turn more around. I'll give an update on the potential for more on Friday.

That's the latest. Thanks!
Jeff, I love my new FlipV2! Works flawlessly in its first week use with my 2020M and OmniXL. Build quality and appearance are top notch!

Cannabiker

Help! My Flite won't power up unless it's attached to the charger. I ran it all the way down yesterday, and I charged the batteries in my Nitecore charger. When I put the batteries back in, it wouldn't turn on until I plugged in the charger. Now it works when it's plugged in, but not otherwise.

This isn't the first time it's failed to power up after a full discharge and external recharge, but when it's done this before it stayed on after I connected then removed the charger. So I was expecting the symptom, but I also expected to be able to correct it.

Coincidentally, I intended this cycle as a charging test, because I don't believe the onboard charging is reaching the same level as the Nitecore. So I tested the batteries before they went back in, and they're all a full 4.2 volts. I'll admit, I was also curious about this shut-down bug, but now curiosity has killed the Flite.

Any advice? I think Jeff is a little busy for repairs at the moment.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Help! My Flite won't power up unless it's attached to the charger. I ran it all the way down yesterday, and I charged the batteries in my Nitecore charger. When I put the batteries back in, it wouldn't turn on until I plugged in the charger. Now it works when it's plugged in, but not otherwise.

This isn't the first time it's failed to power up after a full discharge and external recharge, but when it's done this before it stayed on after I connected then removed the charger. So I was expecting the symptom, but I also expected to be able to correct it.

Coincidentally, I intended this cycle as a charging test, because I don't believe the onboard charging is reaching the same level as the Nitecore. So I tested the batteries before they went back in, and they're all a full 4.2 volts. I'll admit, I was also curious about this shut-down bug, but now curiosity has killed the Flite.

Any advice? I think Jeff is a little busy for repairs at the moment.

I'm sorry, @Cannabiker . It sounds like it may be a bad BMS - in certain fault situations I've found the BMS requires a power cycle to reset itself, but that should be a one-time requirement. From your description it sounds like the BMS experienced some sort of failure. As long as you're sure the batteries are holding a charge, then it's likely the BMS.

Let's take this to email or PM - while it's true I'm swamped at the moment, it seems likely we'll need to arrange for a repair. Sorry. :\

RobbIt

Hi all,

Thank you again for your incredible support! :love: You folks bought a lot of Fluxer heaters on Friday and Saturday! Thanks! :bowdown:

In a shock to no one, I am now up to me eyeballs in stuff to do: I have sales orders to process, payment requests to generate, emails to answer, and of course a lot of heaters yet to build. Thank you! :tup: Also: :o

This is what you can expect this week:

I am going to tackle these tasks in several waves instead of trying to complete them serially. This means I am processing and building some orders now, and will process and build others tomorrow, etc., spreading the processing and sending of payment requests for my remaining orders from this sale and the heaters I've committed to building over PM across the remainder of the week. There's just a lot to do, and too much to complete at once. As the saying goes, "I need to eat the elephant one bite at at time."

I've sent out most of my payment request emails with totals and instructions for payment, but I still have 10+ more to send. I haven't forgotten these and will complete processing these remaining orders as soon as I make room in my queues.

I sent out the first batch of payment requests last night/this morning - thank you in advance!! - and I will work on completing and shipping the heaters for those requests as the payments are received.

That's also the plan for the rest of the week, or until these orders are finished and shipped. "Lather, rinse, and repeat."

I would like to get through my current queue(s) by Friday, if possible. That may be ambitious, so expect another update in a day or two with a more accurate estimate.

I'll be back with more if I can complete what I've already agreed to ship in the time I have left. That sounds pretty dire when phrased that way, doesn't it? :lol:

Anyway, that's the Fluxer plan on this Monday. I'll be back with more updates as we get deeper into the week.

Cheers,
:leaf:
I have been totally thrilled with my FlixV2. Functionality, build quality and form factor (it looks very high quality!!!) are excellent. I am anxiously awaiting the build of new 18650 units, so I can order one for on the go! (I think Im on that mailing list!?)
Best, Robb

eaknet

I have been totally thrilled with my FlixV2. Functionality, build quality and form factor (it looks very high quality!!!) are excellent. I am anxiously awaiting the build of new 18650 units, so I can order one for on the go! (I think Im on that mailing list!?)
Best, Robb
Don’t count on the mailing list. Go back a couple pages in this thread and read where things stand.

StillBiggerThanYou

mine just arrived.

what a good looking piece this is.

I've always been one of those function before form types; things just need to work well, what it looks like doesn't really carry much importance to me.

but this thing.... this thing is fucking SLICK.

it's charging now. can't wait to take it for a spin later; had to weigh in on how impressed I am with the fit and finish.

if it works HALF as good as it looks/feels, I think I found my new daily driver.

Schmelly G

Reading all the elated fluxer fam boast about their devices. Is fun to read and disheartening at the same time. I wish I had acted in time. :bang: Y'all have fun folks. I'm out till things brighten up and they stop demonizing the community. Opening up shipments again. Nobody to blame but myself. Till then y'all stay Fluxing:wave:

chino7744

Anxiously waiting on my flix to arrive today! One question I was hoping someone could possibly help me with. I noticed that the manual online says that the flix is recommended to not be operated continuously for more than 10 seconds. If using a variable power supply at lower voltage, would the 10 second recommendation no longer apply? Just wanted to be sure before I get my hands on it. TIA!

Eclipse

Anxiously waiting on my flix to arrive today! One question I was hoping someone could possibly help me with. I noticed that the manual online says that the flix is recommended to not be operated continuously for more than 10 seconds. If using a variable power supply at lower voltage, would the 10 second recommendation no longer apply? Just wanted to be sure before I get my hands on it. TIA!
If you are running one vapcap at a time I have serious doubts you could overheat the unit. I know I have never had a problem.

Eclipse,
Reactions: RobbIt

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the reports, @StillBiggerThanYou and @SpacemanSpliff ! Glad those have arrived and you like them so far. Hopefully they work well, too!

It has been absolutely crazy in my world for the last few weeks - lots and lots of things in motion, and what seems like a mountain of heaters to build and fulfill. :worms:

The good news is that the end of this mad push is in sight for me, and I am working hard to get everything out in time. The exact meaning of "in time" is a bit squishy as well. The new USPS regs appear to take effect on March 27, and UPS will follow suit with similar rules on April 5. I am trying to get as many heaters out as possible by March 27, but looking at all of my options at present, I have a clear path for shipping until at least April 4, so there's more runway to land this plane if I need it.

For my international customers, I believe I finally have my international payment processor set up - what a pain in the rear! I have a test payment pending. If that goes well I'll send out the international payment requests (with instructions) this evening.

I am still hopeful that the next phase for Fluxer will be pausing new orders instead of a total halt, but I'm taking a cautious "wait and see" approach as I don't want to be anyone's test case for how extensively the new regs can be applied. Hopefully there will be some clarifications issued when the rules become finalized on April 27. I want it to be clear that my stuff is legal to sell and ship; I'm a lousy outlaw.

That's the latest. I still have some ~15 heaters at present that I need to complete, and I also have more that are completed that need to be packaged and shipped. I ALSO have a number of repairs I need to finish; I haven't forgotten these. The biggest disadvantage to being a one person shop is that I am the bottleneck for all of these tasks, and I can only get to them in turn.

I'll be back with more updates as the week progresses. Thanks!

Cheers,
:leaf:

The online manual is still for v1; I've removed that warning from the v2 Quick Start guide. Flix v2 has more robust components and a much lower thermal signature for the MOSFETs, and it can tolerate extended heating times of >30 seconds, such as you might encounter with PWM. Sorry for not updating the online document - the Flix v2 roll out would have gotten a lot more fanfare and attention if it weren't for this PACT shit.

Hopefully, assuming Dynavap is still shipping their own IH after the “mail ban”, Jeff/Fluxer will be back in full.

That's certianly my hope, @RustyOldNail . As I said, though, I need to be cautious. I'm too small to be the flag bearer for this contest.

Last edited:

LongDraw

flix v2 arrived today, fit n finish just as great as the flix v1 i had gotten. Really like the knob i chose, metal on the right side for the pwm.

Only question, will play with tonight so will likely figure out. I read the manual which shows the position, but i am assuming that is more for if i were to open and set pwm, kinda like with the flite. Is this guess correct, with the power switch facing me, and the bowl facing away. If the knob is completely turned towards me i feel like it gives some at the end so thinking this is off, then i would just need to turn it about 50, 75 and 100% to hit those numbers like the manual?

Hopefully that makes sense, if not will figure out tonight when i do some empty test runs to see when/how long till it clicks.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
flix v2 arrived today, fit n finish just as great as the flix v1 i had gotten. Really like the knob i chose, metal on the right side for the pwm.

Only question, will play with tonight so will likely figure out. I read the manual which shows the position, but i am assuming that is more for if i were to open and set pwm, kinda like with the flite. Is this guess correct, with the power switch facing me, and the bowl facing away. If the knob is completely turned towards me i feel like it gives some at the end so thinking this is off, then i would just need to turn it about 50, 75 and 100% to hit those numbers like the manual?

Hopefully that makes sense, if not will figure out tonight when i do some empty test runs to see when/how long till it clicks.

The arc of the Flix's PWM knob begins with an on/off switch, then moves from "low percentage on" to "high percent on", and finally lands on "fully on". If I have the opportunity to revise the QS guide, I'll make this clearer.

The Flix's PWM requires you to turn the PWM off to return to full power mode. The Flite has a different mode switch that allows you to set the PWM to one position and leave it there. Hopefully that explanation helps?

BTW, while it would have been nice to have a similar mechanism on the Flix, I had enough trouble just getting the PWM to function as an optional module (!), so the better solution will need to wait for a v3 or something ;)

eaknet

The arc of the Flix's PWM knob begins with an on/off switch, then moves from "low percentage on" to "high percent on", and finally lands on "fully on". If I have the opportunity to revise the QS guide, I'll make this clearer.

The Flix's PWM requires you to turn the PWM off to return to full power mode. The Flite has a different mode switch that allows you to set the PWM to one position and leave it there. Hopefully that explanation helps?

BTW, while it would have been nice to have a similar mechanism on the Flix, I had enough trouble just getting the PWM to function as an optional module (!), so the better solution will need to wait for a v3 or something ;)
Damn straight. I’ll expect that V3 to start shipping May 1st. :)

vupac

Flite #86 landed. Man, I love this thing! First impressions:
  • This thing is TINY. (about size of my wallet)
  • It was running a bit hot before i put in one of those risers. perfect after that.
  • a PWM hit is not the same as a regular heated hit. my god PWM is awesome.
  • couldn't test battery life because a few PWM hits and i was laid out.
  • build quality exceeds Flix v1. This thing is the cream of the crop.
I really hope the vape ban doesnt affect Fluxer Heaters. These heaters deserve to be experienced by everyone

StillBiggerThanYou

My intention was to come back here and tell you how well this thing works..... But I was playing with my new toy and we all know how that goes.

I'm going to try and tinker with the PWM and all that jazz over the next few days.

I will say that straight out of the box, function is excellent for me.

Now to keep it hidden from my wife ..... Or get ready to pony up for another.

chino7744

The online manual is still for v1; I've removed that warning from the v2 Quick Start guide. Flix v2 has more robust components and a much lower thermal signature for the MOSFETs, and it can tolerate extended heating times of >30 seconds, such as you might encounter with PWM. Sorry for not updating the online document - the Flix v2 roll out would have gotten a lot more fanfare and attention if it weren't for this PACT shit.
Thanks so much for confirming. Just wanted to be sure.
Flix arrived last night. Beautiful device and works amazingly well. I’m in love with this thing!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Flite # 89 checking in, just arrived today. Just beautiful, both the simple form on the outside and the circuit design and component organization within.
My initial though was it runs a little hot, went to dark brown ABV in one cycle. Then I turned on PMW. All good now.
In case this was overlooked; Remember that you can tune the full power level of the Flite with a few hardware tweaks. Once you get to know the heater, Jeff will be happy to help you tune it to perfection even without PWM.

Top Bottom