Flower Mill

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photo-on-1-18-21-at-9-25-PM.jpg

They're folded in half in there so they open up.
$1.00 for 100 at any Fry's or Kroger subsidiary.
Kroger sells them through their website for ship.
Certified Flower Mill ready!
I liked the video on instagram.
I'm interested.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Vitolo, you must be in Cali cause those are the only Fry's brick & mortar stores in the country that I know of. Funny ... I don't recall ever knowing your home base; just your mission. 🤔

Summer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm in Arizona.... Tucson.
That was why I made sure and added "Kroger" ... that is the branding on the product.
The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug
Therefore in any of these supermarkets .. OR by ordering from Kroger, one can pay 1¢ each for Iso Alcohol wipes to use
on the Flower Mill Processor.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks @RustyOldNail, I was also going to point out that a bottle with a rag is a lot cheaper plus WAY better for the environment. Reduce, reuse, recycle - single use disposable anything sucks.

nature guy

I knew you would fill in the details...

You can always add some distilled water to 99% ISO, for less strength and certain tasks.

Here is what I do for planet, and wallet. I buy Bounty “Select” paper towels. They come off the roll in 1/2 sheets. Stack a few 1/2 sheets, use nice long, sharp scissors, and cut into equal squares. A SINGLE 1/2 sheet, after cutting gives you EIGHT 3x3” squares. About the folded size of those ISO packs. Perfect for all my little rig and device cleaning, and I don’t feel guilty if I grab a few more cut paper pads...

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Still really liking my mill, if there's a "downside" so far it's that it's so easy to grind more then I'd usually intend to with the absence of any teeth to get in the way, really easy to just toss some big nugs in there. It's pretty cool to pull the top off mid grind and look at how those big nugs have turned into a bunch of little popcorn before they pass through the ultra fine screen, If I was using this for combustion I'd be really into that as it's like having a bunch of little bowls instead of having to load some finely ground bud. I bet they would be great for some flavor focused vape sessions though, I just haven't bothered with it because I'm still busy being impressed with the grind!

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Photo-on-1-18-21-at-9-25-PM.jpg

They're folded in half in there so they open up.
$1.00 for 100 at any Fry's or Kroger subsidiary.
Kroger sells them through their website for ship.
Certified Flower Mill ready!
I liked the video on instagram.
I'm interested.
Thank you! Have I mentioned recently how much I love being amongst fellow nerds? You guys are sharp.
I knew you would fill in the details...

You can always add some distilled water to 99% ISO, for less strength and certain tasks.

Here is what I do for planet, and wallet. I buy Bounty “Select” paper towels. They come off the roll in 1/2 sheets. Stack a few 1/2 sheets, use nice long, sharp scissors, and cut into equal squares. A SINGLE 1/2 sheet, after cutting gives you EIGHT 3x3” squares. About the folded size of those ISO packs. Perfect for all my little rig and device cleaning, and I don’t feel guilty if I grab a few more cut paper pads...
This is a great tip! Taking it for myself!

I mainly use old t-shirts as rags. Cut to the size I need, toss them in the laundry occasionally.

But back to the flower mill. I'm hoping to see a larger size in time for 4/20.
Moses, thanks for the pm about a more eco-friendly solution. I immediately realized how much waste that could contribute, and I'll say this: If you do either of the above suggestions and really make it easy to do, it'll be even more convenient than a pre-packaged wipe could be in the same situation. I really enjoy getting my work-flow figured out for all of my 'chores;' there's only so much time in a day!

Still really liking my mill, if there's a "downside" so far it's that it's so easy to grind more then I'd usually intend to with the absence of any teeth to get in the way, really easy to just toss some big nugs in there. It's pretty cool to pull the top off mid grind and look at how those big nugs have turned into a bunch of little popcorn before they pass through the ultra fine screen, If I was using this for combustion I'd be really into that as it's like having a bunch of little bowls instead of having to load some finely ground bud. I bet they would be great for some flavor focused vape sessions though, I just haven't bothered with it because I'm still busy being impressed with the grind!

Hah, good call. I actually seem to catch myself grinding more than needed way too often as well. (I tell people at least once a day that the FM is highly deceiving for its size lol) Totally easy to do when you're holding a big sexy nug that looks like it just walked home in a trichome snow storm. 🥲

But one thing that consistently stands out to me is how efficient the Mill is on small loads. (Inherently biased, but I mean this as an enthusiast) I can easily do single dynavap ovens and not fuss about it getting all hung up and not dropping through to the bowl - and I still appreciate that.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it's working for you!!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Mine's been doing great, I think @FlowerMillJohn was right and I had put too much pressure on that one milling, causing a build up on the top plate - it is some sticky flower, but being more mindful of the applied pressure seems to have really helped! No issues other than that and its produced a great end product every time.

Ralph

After a few days with the flower Mill I can honestly say that it has replaced my Brilliant cut grinder and My Herb Ripper as my go to grinder. Not sure which is my favorite Mill plate yet but the ease of use is awesome. It grinds effortlessly and is very well made. The "Mill" consistancy is perfect. Currently i'm using the medium plate for the mighty vape and I'm very impressed!!!!! It can grind a pretty large amount of flower. I have a United Machining on the way and hopefully I'm done buying grinders for a while. If you are on the fence about this thing pull the trigger and buy it. The icing on the cake is everything that touches the flower is stainless steel which to me is a no brainer. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

JEMSKU

I am planning ahead for some 4/20 purchases, and I am looking for more opinions on this grinder. Specifically I would like to hear from anyone who uses a nice fine grind, and pictures would be really appreciated 👍

Texus

I am planning ahead for some 4/20 purchases, and I am looking for more opinions on this grinder. Specifically I would like to hear from anyone who uses a nice fine grind, and pictures would be really appreciated 👍
Pics are always a pain to post here and I still haven't figured it out. But that said, the plate kit for the FM offers a great number of options for fine grinds, which also seem to give me more kief as well, but I need to look into that more. Some of that may have been due to the new herb I had just gotten when it arrived.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pics are always a pain to post here and I still haven't figured it out. But that said, the plate kit for the FM offers a great number of options for fine grinds, which also seem to give me more kief as well, but I need to look into that more. Some of that may have been due to the new herb I had just gotten when it arrived.

It is actually pretty simple, just go to imgur or imgbb and paste the bb code here, if that is tripping you up still, then you can just paste the link :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vitolo

Texus

It is actually pretty simple, just go to imgur or imgbb and paste the bb code here, if that is tripping you up still, then you can just paste the link :tup:
Thanks! It was the BB Code that was tripping me up. So without further ado:

Before: All 3 Flower Mill plates and a BCG Medium Plate with the lil buds they'd be grinding (Jet Fuel Gelato from Cresco).

LLd7tXr.jpg

25ozNAW.jpg

After: Each Plate and its grind

ZY2aeZS.jpg

Gr96Cyy.jpg

Now time to go systematically from BCG down to smallest FM plate through a Dynavap (2020M Tip, Tectonic Body, Karma Cap)...

Texus

As for how they all smoked in the Dynavap, heated using a Fluxer Flite IH, Medium BCG and Medium FM Plate were near identical in how well they smoked, both being preferable to the finer plates for me, for the Dynavap. The finer the grind, the warmer and harsher the vapor. Especially with the finest grind, I'd go with a water piece to cool things down a touch. Though I haven't played with other factors that could improve the taste of those finest grinds.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Hey everyone!

I've been itching to get in here to learn more and answer more of your questions. I just finished moving my family to a new house, so things are returning to normal and I'll be around more. So, ask away! Also, thank you for all of the reviews.. we love reading them, so keep them coming!

Second. If anyone here does Instagram, we're celebrating 1000 followers! Pop by for an opportunity to win one of 6 Standard Mills we're giving away. Winners are chosen Monday at 7pm EST.

Our account - @FlowerMillUSA

zTLwDiyl.jpg

Top Bottom