• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Flower Mill

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh @Adobewan if you are still on SCS it really night be time for that next step... Just saying, this would be a nice compliment to what you have and is on sale now... :p:uhh::brow:

My apologies @Vitolo, I misunderstood!

@Summer et al, regarding grind consistency, I milled some small snickerdoodle nugs again, my frostiest dankest moistest densest buds right now, and it is indeed quite fluffy, consistent medium-course... So aside from moisture I think also making sure to use more uniformed nugs that are not too fat, will help you get a more consistent grind here with the standard plate... Seems there is a lot of variance in the type of herbs as well, for how they will grind, as always!

babaganush

So I got my Flower Mill in and Im really liking the micro screen (the smallest one available) and will stick with it. This grinder actually beats my Lift in terms of fluffiness and consistency when comparing both grinds, and Im extremely satisfied with it. One thing though, does anyone with a Flower Mill feel like theres a bit of friction between the top part and mid section when you spin it? Havent had it for long but Im wondering if its going to leave any marks in the long run, little concerned. Would be nice if there was some kind of TPE or plastic around it to smoothen it more.

Shit Snacks

Nice! Decided to swap to my fine plate today, so I obviously had to take more photos, this was the yummy Mandarin Cookies again:

PXL-20210104-211810134.jpg

PXL-20210104-212005354.jpg

PXL-20210104-221630562.jpg

As I said before I believe this is the most coarse fine plate, which you get in the set of three, that was graciously included with my premium mill... The grind is still fairly coarse, but seems to be much more consistently even, with minimal effort on my part... We'll see how it goes, more to test of course!

Shit Snacks

Welp no one posted and the edit is gone so I am forced to back to back post yet again... Here is my second round with this finer plate, some Frosted Flakes again! These herbs are dryer than the Mandarin Cookies, but perhaps even denser, and they certainly live up to the name with all the crystals:

PXL-20210105-071434700.jpg

PXL-20210105-071601733.jpg

PXL-20210105-072059392.jpg

So the grind did get a little finer with this one, while there is understandably more powder as well... Anyway I hope someone looks through this thread at some point and will see the comparisons and it will be helpful, or maybe I should just stop now? :lol:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've certainly been looking at your fine posts and comparisons Mr.S-Snacks and it's been adding to the hype for mine to show up tomorrow! I'll have to see if I get any extra plates, it would be pretty rad because I almost ordered the plate kit but held off but its not expected. I'm sure if I dig this grinder those won't be far behind!

Texus

I've certainly been looking at your fine posts and comparisons Mr.S-Snacks and it's been adding to the hype for mine to show up tomorrow! I'll have to see if I get any extra plates, it would be pretty rad because I almost ordered the plate kit but held off but its not expected. I'm sure if I dig this grinder those won't be far behind!
Yeah I held off on buying other grind plates because others reported having had them thrown in and I was a bit of an early adopter. No luck there for me.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Welp no one posted and the edit is gone so I am forced to back to back post yet again... Here is my second round with this finer plate, some Frosted Flakes again! These herbs are dryer than the Mandarin Cookies, but perhaps even denser, and they certainly live up to the name with all the crystals:

PXL-20210105-071434700.jpg

PXL-20210105-071601733.jpg

PXL-20210105-072059392.jpg

So the grind did get a little finer with this one, while there is understandably more powder as well... Anyway I hope someone looks through this thread at some point and will see the comparisons and it will be helpful, or maybe I should just stop now? :lol:

Helpful for me bc mine is still in the box but I am dying to try it out and have to figure out which plate to go with first lol

Kins

So I got my Flower Mill in and Im really liking the micro screen (the smallest one available) and will stick with it. This grinder actually beats my Lift in terms of fluffiness and consistency when comparing both grinds, and Im extremely satisfied with it. One thing though, does anyone with a Flower Mill feel like theres a bit of friction between the top part and mid section when you spin it? Havent had it for long but Im wondering if its going to leave any marks in the long run, little concerned. Would be nice if there was some kind of TPE or plastic around it to smoothen it more.

The key is not to overload it. Also clean it often. I don't clean my nearly as much as I should but it really works better when it's freshly cleaned. The amount @Shit Snacks puts in looks like the perfect amount of flower.

Shit Snacks

The key is not to overload it. Also clean it often. I don't clean my nearly as much as I should but it really works better when it's freshly cleaned.

I am pretty obsessive about keeping mine clean after each use, as you can see in my photos, I always start with a pretty clean plate and load carefully. It doesn't get that much dirty after one round, so if I keep using my finger to wipe it down, and a toothpick where necessary, I can't imagine needing to clean my Flower Mill for a very long time!

babaganush

The key is not to overload it. Also clean it often. I don't clean my nearly as much as I should but it really works better when it's freshly cleaned. The amount @Shit Snacks puts in looks like the perfect amount of flower.

Oh Im not talking about the actual grinding of the bud, it grinds fine. Im referring to the outside shell of the midsection when you put the cover on. Its like aluminum spinning around aluminum and cant help but feel like theres a tiny bit of friction going on there. On the outside of the mid section (silver part) do you see any sort of scratches if you look closely?

Kins

Oh Im not talking about the actual grinding of the bud, it grinds fine. Im referring to the outside shell of the midsection when you put the cover on. Its like aluminum spinning around aluminum and cant help but feel like theres a tiny bit of friction going on there. On the outside of the mid section (silver part) do you see any sort of scratches if you look closely?

There is residue from the sticky iky but no scratches from what I can see. Then again I don't have the best vison. Maybe if I looked under a magnifying glass. Cleaned off the residue and there are still little marks but I can barely see them. It's nothing I would really worry about though. It functions perfectly and has for me for more than a year now.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I unboxed mine last night and I have to say I am pretty impressed. Good weight, good feel, seems like really good construction... gives a premium vibe for sure.

Not really much to say about it that hasn't been covered here already. I got the premium 3 piece with the plate pack. I wasn't going to use it yet because I have plenty of ground herb I'm waiting to finish before I start grinding up more, buuuut I couldn't resist. Stuck with the standard plate it comes with first, which ended up being a bit more course than the medium plate on my BCG, which I expected. I've never used my BCG course plate, but I want to now, for the sake of comparison.

I think I will downsize to a finer plate next, this was a bit too course for my underdog but it worked very well for the TinyMight. Definitely more flavor (perceived or actual) than I'm used to, which I did like. Even with a very dirty stem, I noticed that.

The last couple nugs of my GSC "extreme" got the first pick. I left that stem in there intentionally by the way, just to see how the milling would separate for my own curiosity. It broke it up a little as expected but seemed like it kept the bigger pieces seperated as opposed to my bcg for example that would have just shredded right through it. Granted, normally, a stem like that - would never have made it into the BCG.

Edit: something else I noticed, which also may be completely in my head. The milled flower seemed to be a lot "stickier" than how this same exact flower comes out from the BCG. It seemed to clump and hold shape noticeably more than it does when ground.

49-D3-F2-A4-73-F2-4-E27-BF6-D-03152302-C7-B9.jpg
9223-DE8-A-DBA2-453-B-9-E8-B-DD1031-BADC5-B.jpg
4-DCF15-BC-AE03-4-A3-B-94-A9-D91-BA6-BA0657.jpg
59-A6-CA2-A-AD59-4-FE8-B5-B4-6-B817943-F6-A1.jpg
92-DB3-EE2-381-F-4-C6-A-971-F-F444-AB509246.jpg

Green Kiwi

Yabadabadoooo, unbelievably my flower mill arrived in NZ in only 8 days.(thank you John@flower mill. :bowdown: ).
I had the luck of having to grind(no it's indeed actually mill....)a shitload of different strains and big quantities because I a making edibles, and some ointments to put on the sore joints and muscles.
I am very impressed with the first experiences, coarse plate :absolutely more taste in my mighty , say 3 more delicious tokes.love that!
when I look with the magnifier, there are more intact bulbs on the ground herb, I reckon I got this longer magical taste just because of "milling it" instead of ripping/grinding.👨‍🔬.
right, me like!!, but second grade coarse plate improved the time to kill a bowl, but had 2 tokes less tasty vapour.(stronger though...:ko:).
decisions...... overall I did cost me less time to mill all the herbs for the edibles.
After another magnifier session, could see the the bulbs are still mostly intact with the medium grind....
I am happy I got this mill in my live, and really think , it does make a difference to mill instead of grind/shred.:2c:.
the two finer plates after that are not for me, but if you have only poor or old herb, this might be the best mill setting.heaps and very quick extraction...:tup:.
overall , I am very happy with my 'New Years present'.
much love and sanity to all you dear FC's!:wave::leaf:.

710yota

I've had my mill for a few days now and I have to say I am impressed! It looks nice and it mills some flower up nice as well. I only have the coarse plate so the kit is one the way! It's certainly a coarser grind then I would usually go for but it vapes nicely in my Flower Pot, maybe a bit less clouds but great flavor. I did notice the ground flower does tend to stick together more then with my SCS but I just give it a nice stir. With the coarse plate I still get stems mixed in with the flower but they are more or less intact making the bigger ones easy to pick out.

I am still getting a little bit used to the milling process but its very smooth even when I've purposely tried to cram it full of bud. The quarter turn on the flower catch is also a bit to get used to with how it easily it comes apart compared to normal threads.

Macknificent

just got mine delivered today (hella fast shipping, just in time for the weekend :rockon:). i was pretty hyped after stumbling on this product when looking for a replacement for my 8 year old space case. while i will swear by that brand any day of the week after 8 years i wanted to see what else has come to the market. i almost pulled the trigger on the BCG but decided to keep searching and thankfully this thread popped up on my radar.

first impressions: clearly a solidly built, well made product with an extremely thoughtful design. the weight and feel of this screams quality before even getting into functionality.

i haven't even had a proper session yet besides a test-drive grind but just based on that lone experience i could recognize the upgrades on standard grinders in the premium price point: the deep well for the (strong) magnetic connection, the quarter turn thread for the main chamber with the kief catch thread "out of the way", the modularity for component swapping, basically all my space case gripes have been addressed and then some. even just the size alone i found to be an upgrade. i was looking for a size in between the space case medium and large and this fits the bill perfectly. i use an herbalizer + the occasional j and the standard plate's results are great for that.

hope these guys blow up and get the credit they're due. based on first impressions this is as game changing as a grinder can be and one that i will be instantly recommending to friends and family.

Shit Snacks

Back with another round using the fine plate, this time for CBD buds delivered from Top Cola, a 50/50 hybrid called The Wife, very moist and dank, despite the lack of THC and some seeds:

PXL-20210111-074609519.jpg

PXL-20210111-074840413.jpg

Yeah I think moist herbs give you the best consistency in the FM, which is a nice contrast to many other grinders, that work better with dryer herbs...

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Thanks so much for all who have taken the time to share their experiences and post pictures! It's been a long road to getting the Mill in front of an audience, and it's just the cherry on top that everyone here is so knowledgeable. If I haven't said it recently... damn it's been nice being on a thriving message board again.

Sorry to any replied I've inevitably missed!

On some of the earlier Crown models that were interpolated on a CNC mill, rather than turned on a CNC Lathe, there was a tiny micro-burr that caused the lower lip of the knob to scratch the grey housing. By nature, the problem was solved when we started having them turned since the edges blend much more effectively. On occasion we'll see one that gets scratched up, and it's been hard to tell if it's drastic user-error, or if there was a small burr on the part. But, in general, it isn't an issue and we'll be happy to help anyone out that has an issue.

It's already been noted, but to clarify; yes the 'quality and ease' of the knob-spinny-action does decrease as residue builds up on the surfaces in contact. (Machinists like to build things tight! :brow:) But, a trick I use often is to wipe the outside body and inside of the knob with a small single-serve alcohol wipe. We keep ton around the house for cleaning our phones and what not when we get home. Keeps it working smooth and significantly extends time between full-cleanings.

Yabadabadoooo, unbelievably my flower mill arrived in NZ in only 8 days.(thank you John@flower mill. :bowdown: ).
I had the luck of having to grind(no it's indeed actually mill....)a shitload of different strains and big quantities because I a making edibles, and some ointments to put on the sore joints and muscles.
I am very impressed with the first experiences, coarse plate :absolutely more taste in my mighty , say 3 more delicious tokes.love that!
when I look with the magnifier, there are more intact bulbs on the ground herb, I reckon I got this longer magical taste just because of "milling it" instead of ripping/grinding.👨‍🔬.
right, me like!!, but second grade coarse plate improved the time to kill a bowl, but had 2 tokes less tasty vapour.(stronger though...:ko:).
decisions...... overall I did cost me less time to mill all the herbs for the edibles.
After another magnifier session, could see the the bulbs are still mostly intact with the medium grind....
I am happy I got this mill in my live, and really think , it does make a difference to mill instead of grind/shred.:2c:.
the two finer plates after that are not for me, but if you have only poor or old herb, this might be the best mill setting.heaps and very quick extraction...:tup:.
overall , I am very happy with my 'New Years present'.
much love and sanity to all you dear FC's!:wave::leaf:.
You're welcome! Glad it arrived safely, and thanks for posting your initial thoughts. I'm guessing most of the guys here will favour one of the 3 finer plates over the OEM coarse. All of the reviews I've read here are pretty much spot on.
just got mine delivered today (hella fast shipping, just in time for the weekend :rockon:). i was pretty hyped after stumbling on this product when looking for a replacement for my 8 year old space case. while i will swear by that brand any day of the week after 8 years i wanted to see what else has come to the market. i almost pulled the trigger on the BCG but decided to keep searching and thankfully this thread popped up on my radar.

first impressions: clearly a solidly built, well made product with an extremely thoughtful design. the weight and feel of this screams quality before even getting into functionality.

i haven't even had a proper session yet besides a test-drive grind but just based on that lone experience i could recognize the upgrades on standard grinders in the premium price point: the deep well for the (strong) magnetic connection, the quarter turn thread for the main chamber with the kief catch thread "out of the way", the modularity for component swapping, basically all my space case gripes have been addressed and then some. even just the size alone i found to be an upgrade. i was looking for a size in between the space case medium and large and this fits the bill perfectly. i use an herbalizer + the occasional j and the standard plate's results are great for that.

hope these guys blow up and get the credit they're due. based on first impressions this is as game changing as a grinder can be and one that i will be instantly recommending to friends and family.

Thanks for the kind words here, I can't say enough how much I/we value them. All of the features you listed were literally written on our list of things to improve upon when we decided to get in the grinder game. So thanks, and I hope it continues to live to your standard.

@FlowerMillJohn - Any plans for a larger size, a Mega Mill?
Sometimes you have to shrink things down before you make them bigger... Stick around though. :)

710yota

I got my plate kit in the mail today, real quick shipping just like last time. All of the plates make a pretty nice grind but I am really liking the ultra fine. It's a really fine grind but still pretty fluffy, probably a little bit more fine then what I get what from running my Santa Cruz Shredder upside down. Makes a great vape sesh with my Flower Pot. I'll proably keep the coarse plate and the ultra fine plate put together to change out easy, one for flavor, one for clouds!

One thing that really stands out to me with the premium model is how easy it is to clean once it's all stripped down, easier then any other grinder I've ever seen. I can just use a alcohol wipe rather than having to try to poke around with a q-tip. I would def get the premium model for this reason even if I wasn't interested in swapping plates.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
*snip*
You're welcome! Glad it arrived safely, and thanks for posting your initial thoughts. I'm guessing most of the guys here will favour one of the 3 finer plates over the OEM coarse. All of the reviews I've read here are pretty much spot on.
*snip*
Sometimes you have to shrink things down before you make them bigger... Stick around though. :)
Great news, thanks. No big rush, I'm just starting to research, a nice grinder is next on my list and this one appeals to me.
Yes, I would prefer one of the finer plates over the OEM coarse. How about an option of picking the grind plate you want when you order? I know the expansion pack is only $20 but then I've got more unused stuff in my junk drawer.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Milled up some new flower last night, on a new plate...this thing is cool!

I found the coarsest plate that came installed a bit too course for the vapes im currently using so I swapped it out for the middle sized finer plate.

I'm not sure if this was particularly sticky flower, or maybe too much/too little pressure, but it seemed to leave a lot of residue on the milling plate (?).

Aside from that, the result was great. A nice consistent fluffy, fine-medium I suppose, end product. I also noticed the same thing as the coarse plate, where it seems like the flower is "stickier" after being milled, clumps together and holds its shape more than after its gone through a traditional grinder. Just not sure if thats in my head or not lol

@FlowerMillJohn is this the part "inside the knob" you wipe down with an alcohol wipe? If not, how does this look lol any suggestions or keep on milling?

31-ED274-E-6-CDC-4324-B9-E6-2-A3-A0184-A9-B9.jpg
D994-F7-A0-A0-D2-48-C8-AED7-44101-CDB4-E15.jpg
A3-B24-A41-C589-4-F4-E-ABFC-2-D70-D7-AD22-F4.jpg

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
I got my plate kit in the mail today, real quick shipping just like last time. All of the plates make a pretty nice grind but I am really liking the ultra fine. It's a really fine grind but still pretty fluffy, probably a little bit more fine then what I get what from running my Santa Cruz Shredder upside down. Makes a great vape sesh with my Flower Pot. I'll proably keep the coarse plate and the ultra fine plate put together to change out easy, one for flavor, one for clouds!

One thing that really stands out to me with the premium model is how easy it is to clean once it's all stripped down, easier then any other grinder I've ever seen. I can just use a alcohol wipe rather than having to try to poke around with a q-tip. I would def get the premium model for this reason even if I wasn't interested in swapping plates.
Thank you! Glad they made it to you quickly! The Ultra Fine is a staple for me, too.

Great to hear about the ease of cleaning, many people don't realize how easy it is until they actually do it for the first time - then it clicks.
Great news, thanks. No big rush, I'm just starting to research, a nice grinder is next on my list and this one appeals to me.
Yes, I would prefer one of the finer plates over the OEM coarse. How about an option of picking the grind plate you want when you order? I know the expansion pack is only $20 but then I've got more unused stuff in my junk drawer.
Np! We've thought about it, but for the price I really believe it's worth just having all of the options. Like others have said earlier on, they use different plates for different gear / bud. I relate to not wanting to add to the junk drawer, but I think you'll find the additional plates / options useful.

Milled up some new flower last night, on a new plate...this thing is cool!

I found the coarsest plate that came installed a bit too course for the vapes im currently using so I swapped it out for the middle sized finer plate.

I'm not sure if this was particularly sticky flower, or maybe too much/too little pressure, but it seemed to leave a lot of residue on the milling plate (?).

Aside from that, the result was great. A nice consistent fluffy, fine-medium I suppose, end product. I also noticed the same thing as the coarse plate, where it seems like the flower is "stickier" after being milled, clumps together and holds its shape more than after its gone through a traditional grinder. Just not sure if thats in my head or not lol

@FlowerMillJohn is this the part "inside the knob" you wipe down with an alcohol wipe? If not, how does this look lol any suggestions or keep on milling?

31-ED274-E-6-CDC-4324-B9-E6-2-A3-A0184-A9-B9.jpg
D994-F7-A0-A0-D2-48-C8-AED7-44101-CDB4-E15.jpg
A3-B24-A41-C589-4-F4-E-ABFC-2-D70-D7-AD22-F4.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Glad to see you getting good results, too. The rotor in your picture looks like you may have applied too much pressure, but that's not necessarily a black and white situation. I always recommend shooting for a as little pressure as needed / longer mill time. Keeps it a bit cleaner, and keeps the bud in better shape. But on the other hand, there's plenty of times when I'm in a hurry and 'mill quickly' with quite a bit of pressure. You'll start developing a strong intuition and feel for each load, and you know what you can get away with for either the bud you're using, or the time you have.

Here's a picture two of my Mills, both have not been cleaned in about 2 months.

ygCvXXDl.jpg

And here's what I use for alcohol wipes, and where I use them on the knob. The groove where it contacts the outer body. I also wipe the outside body where the knob covers. But of course, you can use these anywhere you'd like! I'll be uploading a short video on this subject today on Instagram if that will help anyone (@FlowerMillUSA)

3RIcuh5l.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Top Bottom