Flower Mill

Texus

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜²πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

So right after I sent the last reply I got around to opening a small box that came with today's mail. And voila!! There's my Flower Mill. Incredibly fast shipping. And what incredible build quality. Very psyched!!

Not sure why order number didn't show up for them but the Mill showed up for me!!

Marlox

@FlowerMillJohn
I'd like to ask a question here, as i am searching for a long time now for "the right" grinder/mill...

I am a medical user and an extreme microdoser, never over 0,05grams/grind.
I tried many grinders now, but none is able to grind such small doses without having serious amounts of it being stuck in the device.

Have you ever tried to grind/mill such small amounts with your mill? How easy would it be to extract all of it from the mill?

I am really tired of whittling the herbs with gumming up scissors, losing herbs and all that stuff.

Oh, another Q:
What diameter is that thing approx?

Last edited:

Texus

@FlowerMillJohn
I'd like to ask a question here, as i am searching for a long time now for "the right" grinder/mill...

I tried many grinders now, but none is able to grind such small doses without having serious amounts of it being stuck in the device.

Have you ever tried to grind/mill such small amounts with your mill? How easy would it be to extract all of it from the mill?

I am really tired of whittling the herbs with gumming up scissors, losing herbs and all that stuff.

Oh, another Q:

Well, I'm not sure how accurate my scale is at those weights, but just ground what was measuring as 0.05 g on my scale, and the dose came through fine. Very minor cling to the plate that was dislodged with a ligth tap. BUT this was just my 2nd grind ever, so may not have grinded as long as it needed, etc.

As for diameter, mine is just a hair under 2.5 inches (so prob about 6 cm).

And really solid overall build. We'll see about the test of time. But very satisfied with what I have received, adn how quickly I received it I ordered just before midnight on 12/9, and got it today (12/14), a span that included a weekend. And without me selecting an expedited shipping option. I got whatever was cheapest. Bravo!

My pictures are crap and I don't have time to figure out how to post here, but I can look into getting them up when I have a sec (shoot me a friendly reminder if I space on that).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, I'm not sure how accurate my scale is at those weights, but just ground what was measuring as 0.05 g on my scale, and the dose came through fine. Very minor cling to the plate that was dislodged with a ligth tap. BUT this was just my 2nd grind ever, so may not have grinded as long as it needed, etc.

As for diameter, mine is just a hair under 2.5 inches (so prob about 6 cm).

And really solid overall build. We'll see about the test of time. But very satisfied with what I have received, adn how quickly I received it I ordered just before midnight on 12/9, and got it today (12/14), a span that included a weekend. And without me selecting an expedited shipping option. I got whatever was cheapest. Bravo!

My pictures are crap and I don't have time to figure out how to post here, but I can look into getting them up when I have a sec (shoot me a friendly reminder if I space on that).

Nice! Use imgbb or imgur to post photos

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I have jonesing to upgrade my grinder for a while... I have had a 4 piece Spacecase for over 10 years now. The Brilliant Cut grinder intrigued me, but it doesn't have a kief catcher (which I prefer).

The Flower Mill seems to have everything I want. However, does anyone know how it stacks up to the Str8 grinder? The design of both are almost identical but the Flower Mill is less expensive.

Tiny88,
Reactions: Vitolo

Texus

OK. Here we go:
I have jonesing to upgrade my grinder for a while... I have had a 4 piece Spacecase for over 10 years now. The Brilliant Cut grinder intrigued me, but it doesn't have a kief catcher (which I prefer).

The Flower Mill seems to have everything I want. However, does anyone know how it stacks up to the Str8 grinder? The design of both are almost identical but the Flower Mill is less expensive.
Correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC my understanding is that Flower Mill folks started collaborating with STR8 and then spun off to do their own thing. Or something along those lines...

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Hey everyone!

It's been suggested numerous times that I make an exclusive thread for the Flower Mill. So, here it is! I'll be spending some time updating some of our history below this initial post. Please, ask me anything you'd like here!

We're just 3 nerdy guys who designed and built a better grinder for ourselves. Check it out here: www.FlowerMillUSA.com

WVv89Lm.jpg

6uqfjML.jpg

More to follow!

Thanks for the support, and warm welcome!
Do you guys ship to Canada? Would love to take advantage of this deal.

Thanks

babaganush

Grinder looks cool, big plus that theres a stainless steel version. Wondering if someone can share a picture of the fine plate grind?

babaganush,

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜²πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

So right after I sent the last reply I got around to opening a small box that came with today's mail. And voila!! There's my Flower Mill. Incredibly fast shipping. And what incredible build quality. Very psyched!!

Not sure why order number didn't show up for them but the Mill showed up for me!!
Ah, was relieved to hear it! Appreciate your patience. Enjoy!!

@FlowerMillJohn

Oh, another Q:

Hey Marlox! Thanks for the question, I hope you'll see my answer as unbiased: Both mills are excellent at refining small quantities. I often use mine to load single Pax and Dynavap ovens, and I've never had a grinder that was able to do that prior. A large benefit and by-product to the design is the ability to completely evacuate the upper mill chamber into the lower catch without it hanging up 'in-transition' within the holes it drops through. I would recommend the expansion pack so you can explore the finer screens, which in my opinion do a better job at low volume depending on the moisture content.

The Mill ID is 2.068", or 52.52mm. So, relatively small, yet the mill-chamber can also hold 3g comfortably, and the bowl of the 3-piece holds over 5g of harvest.
Do you guys ship to Canada? Would love to take advantage of this deal.

Thanks
Yes we do! I actually live in Windsor, Ontario, so I'll be shipping right from here via Fedex. I know the shipping is expensive to Canada on the site, but I'll refund what we don't use (around $10).
OK. Here we go:

Correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC my understanding is that Flower Mill folks started collaborating with STR8 and then spun off to do their own thing. Or something along those lines...

Oh yes, I should probably clarify that. The SRT8 Mill is simply a Premium Flower Mill, made by us. We'll be doing some co-branding, but mostly with the Standard. We did an early deal with them before the Standard was on the radar, which turned out great because they're truly a fantastic company and staff. We're cheaper atm due to our sale that ends on January 1st.

If anyone would like more clarity on this - just ask!

Grinder looks cool, big plus that theres a stainless steel version. Wondering if someone can share a picture of the fine plate grind?
Thanks! Sorry, I don't have a great picture on hand that shows scale. but here's the 3 finer screens that come in the Premium's expansion pack.

9mtnr1Xl.jpg

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
The most notable difference is that the Premium is SS 304 and the Standard is aluminum.

Yes, this is right. But the second major thing is that the Standard does not disassemble - it's machined from a solid bar of 6061 aluminum. So the rotor and knob are one piece, and the milling chamber is one piece meaning you can't swap to a finer screen like you can with the Prem.

babaganush

Thanks! Sorry, I don't have a great picture on hand that shows scale. but here's the 3 finer screens that come in the Premium's expansion pack.

9mtnr1Xl.jpg
Awesome, I really like that theres a super fine screen which is what Im looking for. Wondering if theres any way to purchase just the finest screen with my order instead of all 3 in the expansion pack?

babaganush,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
It’s hard to tell a lot from a photo but this is a small bud I ground with the OG fine screen. I guess this is a poor example now that I see they sell super & ultra fine screens as well.

Another thing with this type grinder is the screen plate filters out stems and debris, whereas conventional grinders mostly chop them up.

0D96933D-D554-42AE-A6E1-0F4DB771298B.jpeg

Shit Snacks

And I have to double post, mine just arrived, it is very very nice in person I must say! They were kind enough to throw in one of the fine plates for me to test as well. I will report back after trying it out of course...

PXL-20201224-013602657.jpg

PXL-20201224-012221595.jpg

PXL-20201224-012241839.jpg

Last edited:

Texus

Nice. Look forward to your thoughts on the fine plate and its best usages. If they'd offered a package with the other plates at a discount I'd have grabbed that.

Shit Snacks

I will definitely be trying the fine plate at some point with my Firewood7 (plus the Vapman and IQ2), though the standard plate grind does seem like a happy medium!

So far so good for the first grind! It was super smooth and easy to turn, as well as thorough... Also the quarter threading is very effective, all around great hand feel...

PXL-20201224-023334739.jpg

PXL-20201224-023430430.jpg

PXL-20201224-023625399.jpg

Small nugs I broke off of some larger ones of this this dense sticky snickerdoodle (a hybrid of cookies n cream and juicy fruit) So far so great in the tinymight to start...

Shit Snacks

Second round went well as well! This time something a little less fresh, dryer yet still dank and dense, though small nugs only:

PXL-20201225-044706884.jpg

PXL-20201225-044806062.jpg

Still very nice buds though, Triple Scoop, a three-way hybrid of super silver haze x grape LA x sorbet... Fluffily milled, but I know I'll need to try some larger nugs eventually too!

Shit Snacks

And third use, time for the large nugs thanks to this Candyland! Dryer too, but still dense:

PXL-20201226-024856889.jpg

PXL-20201226-025505469.jpg

These were fat nugs too, not my normal style, typically would break these up and remove stems before grinding, but the Flower Mill can handle them quite well!

BestBuds

The Dude
@Shit Snacks do you notice herb falling into the hole in the top plate if it sticks, where the center post goes? If so, does it come out easy or do you see it becoming a little gunky over time?

BestBuds,

roudhound123

So what exactly is the benefit of this grinder? It grinds pretty smooth from what people say and it can be tuned so that the grind is to the user's liking but is there really a difference between shredding and milling if it's going to be smoked or vaped anyway?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So what exactly is the benefit of this grinder? It grinds pretty smooth from what people say and it can be tuned so that the grind is to the user's liking but is there really a difference between shredding and milling if it's going to be smoked or vaped anyway?

One needs a microscope to examine the trichomes, are they more or less intact? You can judge consistency by eye, beyond that and science comes preferences...

I’m fairly happy with my BCG, but at times I can’t tell the difference between the medium and fine plates. It must be a combination of the various strains I try, and varying moisture levels. Not sure that buying and trying grinders is going to solve that issue for me. Wish there was a β€œtry it”, before buying option......

This Troy video compares a few grinders with results under scope:

A little Troy video:

Last edited:
Top Bottom