Flower Mill

FlowerMillAaron

Hi @FlowerMillAaron (welcome!) or @FlowerMillJohn, I'd like to know if the aluminium part can be separated from the SS, to facilitate soaking in hot PBW without risking damage to the anodised surface?
Many thanks :)
Hi Copacetic, thanks for the welcome.

Yes, all stainless pieces can be separated from aluminum for cleaning on the Premium Edition. Our cleaning video (we just use isopropyl alcohol) shows how it all breaks down:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hi Copacetic, thanks for the welcome.

Yes, all stainless pieces can be separated from aluminum for cleaning on the Premium Edition. Our cleaning video (we just use isopropyl alcohol) shows how it all breaks down:
Thanks for posting that vid', makes it easier to understand what's going on inside.
So I suppose my remaining question is: Can I just follow the exact same procedure with Powdered Brewers Wash, or are there parts that have anodising that might be damaged by PBW?
PBW is, I believe, widely used by members here.

FlowerMillAaron

All pieces that are not stainless steel are anodized aluminum (the black and grey pieces in the video) so I would NOT recommend following the same procedure and swapping the alcohol for PBW. We don't have experience with PBW so can't specifically advise on its use. We find Isopropyl alcohol works wondrously on all components which is why we recommend it.

NimChimpsky

The FM has really surprised me and I can truly recommend it to anyone, even those who already own other high-end grinders. I was preparing a decent bit of ground herb for the first leg of my vacation, I don't normally grind/mill a whole lot at once but the FM took a fully loaded chamber of sticky down in about 5 seconds, no gunk, hardly any leftover crums. I think any grinder except BCG would have immediately jammed with this amount of very sticky herb and I suspect even my BCG would have struggled (prly could only fit in the large) and I would certainly have had to strategically place the nugs, whereas with the FM I just essentially blindly threw like 2-3 gs in (after first picking out the large stems). As a reward to the FM for its hard work, it got to go on vacation with me ;)

Last edited:

mixchu69

Did everyone get the premium edition? i put in an order for a large BCG about 2 weeks ago. Thinking about canceling and ordering this.
And for $20, how can you not get the expansion pack.

im currently using a scs 3 piece, which I consider a chunkier grind. does the fine grind plate on the FM have the same consistency as BCG fine grind? I know I can grind upside down, but gunks up grinder too fast.

any recommendations would be appreciated?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Did everyone get the premium edition? i put in an order for a large BCG about 2 weeks ago. Thinking about canceling and ordering this.

im currently using a scs 3 piece, which I consider a chunkier grind. does the fine grind plate on the FM have the same consistency as BCG fine grind? I know I can grind upside down, but gunks up grinder too fast.

The consistency is going to be different regardless, but the expansion pack has three fine plates, based on the photos here they can get your herb very fine, the BCG can get it finer because it can grind upside down? I don't know, I think the ultrafine played here can get it as fine as you need probably...

NimChimpsky

Yea I have the premium with expansion. Imo the stock FM plate is coarser than the BCG med plate and the fine plate is maybe like BCG med to me, super fine similar to BCG fine and ultra fine gets it as fine as I would ever want it (like BCG fine upside down for a few turns). Keep in mind as Snacks says that the consistency is gonna be different slightly between the two even with similar coarseness.

Fwiw, I have a reg BCG, FM and a large BCG arriving tmrw (while I'm out of town for a week, of course). I think FM and BCG compliment each other very well and think you'd enjoy both, but def couldn't go wrong with either!

FlowerMillAaron

The FM has really surprised me and I can truly recommend it to anyone, even those who already own other high-end grinders. I was preparing a decent bit of ground herb for the first leg of my vacation, I don't normally grind/mill a whole lot at once but the FM took a fully loaded chamber of sticky down in about 5 seconds, no gunk, hardly any leftover crums. I think any grinder except BCG would have immediately jammed with this amount of very sticky herb and I suspect even my BCG would have struggled (prly could only fit in the large) and I would certainly have had to strategically place the nugs, whereas with the FM I just essentially blindly threw like 2-3 gs in (after first picking out the large stems). As a reward to the FM for its hard work, it got to go on vacation with me ;)
We're so glad you're enjoying the Flower Mill and it can keep you company on vacation. :)

We'd be thrilled if you could leave a review on our website! https://www.flowermillusa.com/collections/mills

420Woot

Thanks! We've got some new stuff in the works we think you all will like also.

But yes, getting the word out is seeming to be as much or more of a challenge as the design.
Find some weed YouTubers, set them up a coupon affiliate code, send them a free mill to review in a video....boom, cheap advertising. Best way to market to your demo imo. Make sure the YouTubers you pick cater to the more...affluent variety. I doubt teenagers are buying this, so target the older demo with more disposable income.

I would aim for youtubers who typically get Around 100,000 views or less less per video(but more than 10k). If you try to get a youtuber who achieves more than that, I imagine it would get more expensive and they would probably want an up front fee. The lower youtubers are usually willing to do more for less. In addition, many Youtubers put their Day to day list of tools in their descriptions with affiliate links. If you get some youtubers who use the mill regularly, and they include it in their future videos and stuff, boom, boom, bam. Free advertising.

Also, the videos will always be available, so the advertising is in perpetuity. I highly recommend letting the youtuber perform a honest review without you needing to see or approve of the video before it being released. Let the youtuber release the video without your approval, That way it is a 100% honest review. You have a great product here, I truly would not be worried about too many gripes. And let's say they have a legitimate concern that is in a video, that gives you the opportunity to correct it.

Also, people are going to hate me for this suggestion. You can always test it for a week or two and compare the results to see if your profits are higher or lower. I would try immediately raising your prices 20%. At all times, there should be a readily available coupon code for 20% off. You can run regular sales for 20% off with the coupon code, You can reach out to sites like Slickdeals and make sure they always have a code that works. And then the Youtubers will always have an affiliate code for 20% off. And then if anyone happens to buy without a coupon, boom, you just made more money. Then you can run huge sales throughout the year. Black Friday, Memorial Day, whatever holiday's you want to have a sale for, you can have 30 40 Or even 50% off, And since we already have that 20% premium baked in, the sale seems much more better and valuable to the consumer than what it truly is.

Oh, back to the Youtubers. Offer the youtuber a free mill to giveaway or an offer like "the first ten people to use the 'jakeutubez' coupon code will get 20% off and a free extra coarse mill plate! After that, everyone will get 20% off with jakeutubez!"

Oh hell, I'm full of ideas. I think you had said earlier that you heat treat the metal for certain colors? Boom, limited edition mills. Find specific Youtubers where they have a color that is their thing. Offer the 20% affiliate code....but also provide that youtuber with their own color/line that is limited edition, say 10, 50, or 100. The limited edition will be priced accordingly. The youtuber will loooove having their own limited edition and push the product. I'm not sure how many colors you can do, but plan ahead. If you can only do 3-4 colors, this may not be as feasible. Alternatively, how else could you make 'limited editions' for Youtubers, tiktokers, etc? Put their face/logo on top, etc. Plenty of options.

OK, another idea. If you can do a limited edition for a specific youtuber, see if that youtuber will do a YouTube Live for the 'launch' of their line.

Also, some Youtubers focus on the business side of weed. Reach out to them, offer to let them interview you about the business. Reach out to podcasters. Same thing, they can interview you, a true professional, and you get to push your product. Again, they all get 20% affiliate codes

Last edited:

Texus

Find some weed YouTubers, set them up a coupon affiliate code, send them a free mill to review in a video....boom, cheap advertising. Best way to market to your demo imo. Make sure the YouTubers you pick cater to the more...affluent variety. I doubt teenagers are buying this, so target the older demo with more disposable income.

I would aim for youtubers who typically get Around 100,000 views or less less per video(but more than 10k). If you try to get a youtuber who achieves more than that, I imagine it would get more expensive and they would probably want an up front fee. The lower youtubers are usually willing to do more for less. In addition, many Youtubers put their Day to day list of tools in their descriptions with affiliate links. If you get some youtubers who use the mill regularly, and they include it in their future videos and stuff, boom, boom, bam. Free advertising.

Also, the videos will always be available, so the advertising is in perpetuity. I highly recommend letting the youtuber perform a honest review without you needing to see or approve of the video before it being released. Let the youtuber release the video without your approval, That way it is a 100% honest review. You have a great product here, I truly would not be worried about too many gripes. And let's say they have a legitimate concern that is in a video, that gives you the opportunity to correct it.

Also, people are going to hate me for this suggestion. You can always test it for a week or two and compare the results to see if your profits are higher or lower. I would try immediately raising your prices 20%. At all times, there should be a readily available coupon code for 20% off. You can run regular sales for 20% off with the coupon code, You can reach out to sites like Slickdeals and make sure they always have a code that works. And then the Youtubers will always have an affiliate code for 20% off. And then if anyone happens to buy without a coupon, boom, you just made more money. Then you can run huge sales throughout the year. Black Friday, Memorial Day, whatever holiday's you want to have a sale for, you can have 30 40 Or even 50% off, And since we already have that 20% premium baked in, the sale seems much more better and valuable to the consumer than what it truly is.

Oh, back to the Youtubers. Offer the youtuber a free mill to giveaway or an offer like "the first ten people to use the 'jakeutubez' coupon code will get 20% off and a free extra coarse mill plate! After that, everyone will get 20% off with jakeutubez!"

Oh hell, I'm full of ideas. I think you had said earlier that you heat treat the metal for certain colors? Boom, limited edition mills. Find specific Youtubers where they have a color that is their thing. Offer the 20% affiliate code....but also provide that youtuber with their own color/line that is limited edition, say 10, 50, or 100. The limited edition will be priced accordingly. The youtuber will loooove having their own limited edition and push the product. I'm not sure how many colors you can do, but plan ahead. If you can only do 3-4 colors, this may not be as feasible. Alternatively, how else could you make 'limited editions' for Youtubers, tiktokers, etc? Put their face/logo on top, etc. Plenty of options.

OK, another idea. If you can do a limited edition for a specific youtuber, see if that youtuber will do a YouTube Live for the 'launch' of their line.

Also, some Youtubers focus on the business side of weed. Reach out to them, offer to let them interview you about the business. Reach out to podcasters. Same thing, they can interview you, a true professional, and you get to push your product. Again, they all get 20% affiliate codes
Know that they have BCG sponsorship, but have Troy and Jerry (@stickstones ) looked at these on their YouTube channels? Sneaky Pete? George over at vapefiend might be another good option.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I've got my flowermill on the way. Looking forward to seeing how processing my cannabis performs (vs grinding).

I hate that price tag though - super rough and no relief for FC members.

For my vaporizers, I figured the extra corse plate would be a nice addition and Aaron at FM was able to arrange one for me. Huge thanks for that!!!

Should arrive tomorrow afternoon, and I'll post a review and some photos.

JCharles

Arrived incredibly quick (waiting on the additional coarse plate to come up from the US)

Machined really well, and smooth operation (dry)

JCharles

And the cannabis processing

lazylathe

Almost there...
@FlowerMillAaron

Sent John a question regarding some wear on my Flower Mill that is quite concerning a few days ago.
Still no reply and I do not want to continue using it until I have spoken with someone.
Is he still around or should I forward it to you as well?
Thanks!

lazylathe,
Reactions: kel

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
@FlowerMillAaron

Sent John a question regarding some wear on my Flower Mill that is quite concerning a few days ago.
Still no reply and I do not want to continue using it until I have spoken with someone.
Is he still around or should I forward it to you as well?
Thanks!

Sorry, I do my best to stay on top of messages here. Just hit you up!

FlowerMillJohn,
Reactions: lazylathe

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Arrived incredibly quick (waiting on the additional coarse plate to come up from the US)

Machined really well, and smooth operation (dry)
Thanks for taking the time to post! Plate should be there any day if it hasn't already arrived. Extra Coarse plates are coming soon, all!

I've had more nugs to run through the FM and I am satisfied with it's performance. Everything comes out with a nice course consistency (base SS plate.)

Although sometimes it rolls the weed a little bit if it's moist, just needs a little more elbow grease.
Thank you! So glad to hear you're satisfied!

I am communicating with the company first to figure out why this has happened. Seems to be an anomaly for now.
It was a pleasure meeting you in person LazyLathe! Thanks for being so understanding.

For anyone wondering, he experienced some wear on the inside of the knob, where it rides on the stainless sleeve bearing surface. I believe it was just an anomaly, we've never seen that before. We'll always apologize and honour anyone who experiences those occasional quirks!

Oh... what's happening @lazylathe ?

FM on my shortlist for sure, but unexpected wear is definitely a concern.
Kel, let me know if I can help ya out!

Top Bottom