Flower Mill

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Hey everyone. Hope it's been a good week. :)

I have 2 announcements to make!

1) The Premium 20 Flute Rotor is here!

TL;DW -Upgrade to the mildly improved 20 flute rotor for only 10 bucks shipped to any existing Premium owners.

Link: https://www.flowermillusa.com/products/premium-stainless-edition-20-flute-rotor

2) It was suggested we make an FC Discount Code...

Good Idea! Take 15% of with the code: Vape>Combustion21
Ordered - FYI the code didn't work though Screenshot from 2021-07-23 14-27-53.png.

Kinick23

@FlowerMillJohn thanks just picked up the rotor upgrade. I know you mentioned in the video the team would be adding improvements as time goes which totally makes sense. Any r&d being done one a threadless design? the problem I’ve found with all threaded grinders I’ve tried is they always unlock when grinding. Though the FM is easy to open with the quarter turn, the mill experience suffers some for me personally when it unlocks on me as I mill. I don’t want to give the impression it’s a constant problem but it does happen often enough that it’s noticeable. I would put the FM in my top 2 grinders along with the brilliant cut. Not to compare them here but if just say the one advantage I find the BCG has on the FM is the fact that once the BCG closes there’s no thought or chance of mistakenly opening again no matter how much you turn the grinder. This goes a long with in terms of grind experience to the end users and feel constructing the FM in a way the ensures it won’t unlock until the user is ready will take this baby to the top. I do think it has the best grind consistency from any I’ve tried. Hope this helps with future perspective and design ideas.

Jason Mendoza

Lucky to have come here today & learn about the upgrade. I like the FM more than SCS and Lift. A tumble instead of tear. My process is slower though as I'd like to get as much inactive material out as possible. It is a lot less messy than my SCS. The cup inside is missing from the other two.

FlowerMillAaron

Ordered - FYI the code didn't work though View attachment 10543.
Sorry, the code doesn't apply to the rotor as we already included a large discount for everyone here in that price. I think one person snuck it in as we were still setting things up on the site.
@FlowerMillJohn I've been looking at a Flower Mill to replace my aging (it must be close to 20 years old by now) Space Case. Would I need to pick up the premium + the upgraded rotor, or will it be the default rotor going forward?
It'll likely be a few more weeks until the 20 flute is default on all Premiums. We'll make a big announcement across all platforms when that happens. So if you can't wait until then order with now with the 20 flute for only an extra $5.
@FlowerMillJohn thanks just picked up the rotor upgrade. I know you mentioned in the video the team would be adding improvements as time goes which totally makes sense. Any r&d being done one a threadless design? the problem I’ve found with all threaded grinders I’ve tried is they always unlock when grinding. Though the FM is easy to open with the quarter turn, the mill experience suffers some for me personally when it unlocks on me as I mill. I don’t want to give the impression it’s a constant problem but it does happen often enough that it’s noticeable. I would put the FM in my top 2 grinders along with the brilliant cut. Not to compare them here but if just say the one advantage I find the BCG has on the FM is the fact that once the BCG closes there’s no thought or chance of mistakenly opening again no matter how much you turn the grinder. This goes a long with in terms of grind experience to the end users and feel constructing the FM in a way the ensures it won’t unlock until the user is ready will take this baby to the top. I do think it has the best grind consistency from any I’ve tried. Hope this helps with future perspective and design ideas.
Thanks so much for the feedback, we'll have to take a look and see if the full magnetic closure is something we might be able to incorporate. I don't think we ourselves have experienced the accidental unscrewing but if others are that's really good to know!

Gigsabits53

TL;DW -Upgrade to the mildly improved 20 flute rotor for only 10 bucks shipped to any existing Premium owners.

Link: https://www.flowermillusa.com/products/premium-stainless-edition-20-flute-rotor

Ordered. Thanks John, love the grinder!!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Sorry, the code doesn't apply to the rotor as we already included a large discount for everyone here in that price. I think one person snuck it in as we were still setting things up on the site.
I'm not stressin over $0.75 - but when a company rep suggests it in the introduction post - I expect it to work...

bizwaxzion,

DamnGentleman

I ordered a new rotor on Thursday. Thanks for making it a reasonably priced upgrade!

Thanks so much for the feedback, we'll have to take a look and see if the full magnetic closure is something we might be able to incorporate. I don't think we ourselves have experienced the accidental unscrewing but if others are that's really good to know!

I get accidental unscrewing pretty regularly while milling. On the topic of feedback: I'd really love to see an even finer screen!

Jason Mendoza

@FlowerMillJohn, how do I know which version I have? Mine is all black. I don’t want to order the new rotor or extra plates if I don’t have the right unit for it. Mine didn’t have a version name that I recall and I couldn’t tell from your website. My plate is not removable. My FM has 4 parts. (Actually what I came here to find out 4 days ago and saw ur posts.)

To try to get more inactive material out, I put my hand around the bottom to prevent the weight of the top from breaking up stems/seeds too small to remove easily.

I was wondering if there was a better way to incrementally lower the top so I don’t have to do that. It requires both hands, knees, and sometimes toes, lol.

Flower mill is the only one that has been able to expose a stem/seed to remove. AND I hate grinders that create a mess like this.

Herb on the rim. This was all clean beforehand. Not user error.

The whole grinding thing is contradictory to me. I read the importance preserving trichomes but before and after the grind, herb is handled semi roughly.

Why do grinders bear this responsibility/blame alone?

For me, educating users how to handle herb and its parts should be readdressed. Especially with laws changing and new, older users coming into the fold. They don’t have anyone to learn from.
Didn’t mean to leave a long ass post.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@FlowerMillJohn, how do I know which version I have? Mine is all black. I don’t want to order the new rotor or extra plates if I don’t have the right unit for it. Mine didn’t have a version name that I recall and I couldn’t tell from your website. My plate is not removable. My FM has 4 parts. (Actually what I came here to find out 4 days ago and saw ur posts.)

To try to get more inactive material out, I put my hand around the bottom to prevent the weight of the top from breaking up stems/seeds too small to remove easily.

I was wondering if there was a better way to incrementally lower the top so I don’t have to do that. It requires both hands, knees, and sometimes toes, lol.

Flower mill is the only one that has been able to expose a stem/seed to remove. AND I hate grinders that create a mess like this.

The whole grinding thing is contradictory to me. I read the importance preserving trichomes but before and after the grind, herb is handled semi roughly.

For me, educating users how to handle herb and its parts should be readdressed. Especially with laws changing and new, older users coming into the fold. They don’t have anyone to learn from.

If your plates are not removable, and they are all black inside, then you have the standard flower mill, only the premium has the removable plates and steel parts... Also you will be happy to know if you have the standard flower mill then you already have the 20 flute rotor actually! (the premium came with the old 10? flute rotor but it is removable for this new one to replace it)

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
I'm not stressin over $0.75 - but when a company rep suggests it in the introduction post - I expect it to work...

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize that my two updates conflicted until I read them back! We couldn't honour the 15% on the rotor because of the drastically reduced price already. We also we're able to send the rotors through postal mail (just a wee bit too thick), so we must charge shipping on countries outside of USA and Canada. Sorry for the confusion! (@Therapy )

I'm free this afternoon, so I'll be able to sit down and address a few questions that have popped up. 👍

kel

FuckMisogynists!

I think this is one of the most genuine, lovely, personal and honest product release videos I have ever seen :love:

'mildly improved' makes me laugh!

It's like the total antithesis of the washing powder ads "New improved... Best ever ... Improved formula ... The absolute best... no really this is the best... no... NOW it's the best... New Improved... "
:lmao:

Also massive props for sticking with the original design and the modular upgrades - very cool!

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I just ordered a premium 3 piece with expansion pack about an hour ago, but it doesn't seem like it will come with the new rotor... Bummer. I'm sure it will still be great.

NimChimpsky

Received my shiny new 20 flute today :D will need more time to see how much of an improvement I can tell, but I do think I can 'feel' the herb better and it seems to go down a bit quicker perhaps, but it was already so quick with the old flute it's hard to tell! Thanks for offering the upgrade at such minimal cost and the quick shipping, FM crew :tup:

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question to me. Please elaborate!

Also, thanks @Shit Snacks for answering the first question so perfectly!

I think this is one of the most genuine, lovely, personal and honest product release videos I have ever seen :love:

'mildly improved' makes me laugh!

It's like the total antithesis of the washing powder ads "New improved... Best ever ... Improved formula ... The absolute best... no really this is the best... no... NOW it's the best... New Improved... "
:lmao:

Also massive props for sticking with the original design and the modular upgrades - very cool!
Well thanks a lot! Glad ya got a laugh!

I'm not sure we'll be able to protect the original design forever, but so far it hasn't been an issue! I really like the 'Tesla thing' of not holding the year or version on a pedestal. IE: the new 2021 Tesla /Mill. Especially just to sell more... If the tech is actually good, you should have no pressure to upgrade thinking you're missing out on a better way to do it.

I have been using my FM for 2 days now. I LOVE this thing. The feel, process and result is wonderful. Ordered the expansion back and the new 20 flute to keep it diverse and updated.
Thanks! I'll never get sick of hearing people tell me that! Enjoy the 20 flute and EP! Once you experience the fluffy fine grind... it's hard to go back. 😅

A few general updates for those interested:

We're launching the 20 Flute rotor and new Coarse screen addition Expansion Pack options to the general public on August 5th, so the limited-time FC pricing on these will expire at that point, and the Coarse screen will only be available in Expansion Pack. (The FC discount code will of course remain active: Vape>Combustion21) Please get in before this!

The Expansion Pack will now include 4 screens, and a small price increase to reflect that. The screens will be officially named: Coarse, Medium (what comes installed in the Premium), Fine, Extra Fine, Ultra Fine.

All orders from Friday July 31st and on will include the upgraded 20 flute rotor!

Lastly, a PSA: We're giving 20 Flower Mills away on our Instagram Page starting tomorrow! 10 winners will get a 3pc Premium, and a 3pc Standard for the friend they tagged! Starts Tomorrow (Fri), ends Monday! @FlowerMillUSA

Have a great evening!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
A few general updates for those interested:

We're launching the 20 Flute rotor and new Coarse screen addition Expansion Pack options to the general public on August 5th, so the limited-time FC pricing on these will expire at that point, and the Coarse screen will only be available in Expansion Pack. (The FC discount code will of course remain active: Vape>Combustion21) Please get in before this!

The Expansion Pack will now include 4 screens, and a small price increase to reflect that. The screens will be officially named: Coarse, Medium (what comes installed in the Premium), Fine, Extra Fine, Ultra Fine.

All orders from Friday July 31st and on will include the upgraded 20 flute rotor!

Lastly, a PSA: We're giving 20 Flower Mills away on our Instagram Page starting tomorrow! 10 winners will get a 3pc Premium, and a 3pc Standard for the friend they tagged! Starts Tomorrow (Fri), ends Monday! @FlowerMillUSA

Have a great evening!
Sorry, not sure I follow on the expansion pack. I don't see the coarse screen separate on your site, are you saying that right now its theoretically available alone to those who already have it and a FM, or that it would be a bit cheaper to order the expansion pack now and it would be included or something? I was planning to wait for the rotor to be baked in, but if there's some kind of discount I could be swayed to order earlier =p. Apologies if I'm totally misunderstanding!

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Sorry, not sure I follow on the expansion pack. I don't see the coarse screen separate on your site, are you saying that right now its theoretically available alone to those who already have it and a FM, or that it would be a bit cheaper to order the expansion pack now and it would be included or something? I was planning to wait for the rotor to be baked in, but if there's some kind of discount I could be swayed to order earlier =p. Apologies if I'm totally misunderstanding!
The coarse screen has been available low-key to FC folk for the last few weeks. $5 plus shipping (which is unfortunately not as inexpensive). DM me with your address and PayPal info before Aug 5 if you want in. Can of course do the $5 20-Flute rotors simultaneously, too. Hope that answers your question!

And on another note. Just to reiterate what I reaf from a comment: Yes, all the people who are using the all-aluminum Standards have been using the same 20 flute rotor! There're interchangeable too, but if you have both you already know that!

I highly recommend the Standard to anyone who does bulk processing because of its speed, or someone who isn't necessarily interested in playing with finer grinds and wants a no-fuss high-utility grinder that just works. They work and feel just like a Premium. But they seem to work even faster in my experience. It's likely from the small nuances in machining-finishes on the aluminum and anodizing vs. SS, that change the 'grip' of the screen and cause the bud to roll and crumble... differently. Good differently.

NimChimpsky

Got the new rotor yesterday and put about an eighth thru my mill this morning. I was a little skeptical even with @FlowerMillJohn downplaying the improvement, but it's noticeably different and better IMO. Glad I could make the upgrade for just $10 - not all companies would do that, so thank you @FlowerMillJohn and @FlowerMillAaron!
Nice! Since I've had a little more time I can confirm my original impression that it mills slightly, but noticeably, quicker with the 20 flute. It took down a couple gs earlier in what I counted to be sub 2 seconds. It's really such an impressive device.

As far as I'm concerned, the Flower Mill is the quickest way to break up your herb with the least mess and maintenance. At this point, after using it heavily, the FM is a winner functionally over every other grinder I've ever tried. The only areas where BCG beats FM to me is visual appearance/customization (which is no contest, but also nothing to do with function), better feel in the hand, and threadless.. and those three things do keep my BCGs in use alongside my FM. Especially the threadless opening/closing.. It might seem trivial but I do love that, being able to open and (especially) close it with one hand. Probably my only minor criticism of the FM is the sound it can sometimes make when opening and closing (a dab of mineral oil on the threads is an east fix tho).

The energy and responsiveness from the FM team is another huge pro and, goddamn, the speed and thoroughness with which this fucker mills... there really isn't anything else like it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom