Flower Mill

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
So it's been a couple weeks with the flowermill and I've put about a QP of flower through it, cleaned it once deep, and once just a surface clean.

I've found my cannabis process' best when there is lots of room in the mill for the flower to move around. It's a fraction of the turns, and seems to produce better looking milled flower.

I can stuff the thing full, and twist and twist, and it does process well, but it takes a good chunk more time to get through a few grams.

I havent felt the need to use the finer screens, or the extra coarse screen yet. The standard one seems to do an excellent job with a variety of flower options.

The cleaning process is super quick, and also somewhat unnecessary if I dont stuff the thing full.

I do wish the lid was a little heavier, and would have much preferred a completely blacked out unit (vs the black and gunmetal grey).

I'd also like to be able to refer friends for points/discounts on future purchases. Being a modular unit, I think most customers will buy something after the initial purchase.

Thanks for a great processing option. This has been my go to since it landed, and I dont see myslef going back to a grinder with teeth any time soon.

FlowerMillAaron

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been able to hop on recently my wife just gave birth to our first born 2 weeks ago and I took some time to spend with them.

@JCharles , thanks for the feedback! I think that's the first time we've heard somebody suggest it should be heavier. We were concerned with it being top heavy and not feeling right in the hand if the lid wasn't lightened as much as it is.

Also, we do offer an affiliate program if you want to refer friends and make some $. Sign up to be an affiliate here.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am wondering what plates folks are using for what vapes? Thanks

The extra coarse plate is still what I'm working with lately, absolutely perfect for using with the TM multi WPA or the TP80 multi WPA, which each have glass honeycomb screens, so the grind from this plate is perfect to not get crumbs through the holes, while it makes it so you don't need to stir or break up the weed during the session like I would if I was using a whole nug instead... So I imagine this plate is going to be great for any vape that you like to use chunky grind or hand broken or whole nugs, I also recently got the Elev8r bowl with the glass screen to use with some other things, and I am excited to try them with the grind from the extra coarse plate in my Mill too!

Congratulations @FlowerMillAaron such wonderful news for your growing family!!

Edit: extra coarse like this below, TM with some nice moist Gelonade, and milking lowest temps because it tastes so good!!
PXL-20210709-214344610.jpg

PXL-20210709-212642616.jpg

Last edited:

FlowerMillAaron

Congrats on the family addition, @FlowerMillAaron !
Congratulations @FlowerMillAaron such wonderful news for your growing family!!
Thanks so much! Been a long road for us.

@Shit Snacks that's a lovely setup you have, especially enjoy the wood handled tools. Who made those?

As I use the FM more and get a feel for it, it's really working for me. Made a nug disappear in a few seconds, perfect coarse grind on it too.

So glad to hear. Yeah there's a slight learning curve to get the feel, but once you get it it's such a pleasure to make those nugs vanish.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks that's a lovely setup you have, especially enjoy the wood handled tools. Who made those?

The Rogue Wax Works! Thanks man, I have too many of his tools now probably lol

The scoop is actually a Delta 3D nylon grinder scoop n poke that I sent to Rogue for him to make a wood handle for, he now has his own 3D printed scoops as well!

Gigsabits53

The Rogue Wax Works! Thanks man, I have too many of his tools now probably lol

The scoop is actually a Delta 3D nylon grinder scoop n poke that I sent to Rogue for him to make a wood handle for, he now has his own 3D printed scoops as well!

Rogue has nice stuff. I ordered some items from him earlier today. Can't wait for that package to arrive.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've been finding its easier to get a nice grind by holding top of the grinder still and pushing the bottom plate up into the top plate and twisting it back and forth it vs the typical grinder method of pushing down and twisting the top. Maybe people already do this but I found it helped with putting the right amount of pressure on the grinder.

Last edited:

Texus

Hmmm
I've been finding its easier to get a nice grind by holding top of the grinder still and pushing the bottom plate up into the top plate and twisting it back and forth it vs the typical grinder method of pushing down and twisting the top. Maybe people already do this but I found it helped with putting the right amount of pressure on the grinder.
Hmmmmm. Fascinating.

FlowerMillAaron

Fascinating indeed! Not sure I've ever tried that but definitely will give it a go! Out of curiosity do you swap to your dominant hand holding the bottom?

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
I am wondering what plates folks are using for what vapes? Thanks
For my Dynavap and Pax I've mostly been using the extra fine screen (2nd finest). Some less dense strains end up a bit too fine, so I'll usually just (try to) remember to step it up on those.

Just placed my order with them, very helpful shop. Can't wait for my Mill.
Thank you! Enjoy!

Ordered my flowermill, can't wait to see this thing!
So good, thank you! Hope it live up to your expectations.

This is really interesting! I've been natrually doing a slight variation of that, but with a bit of counter-rotation with my dominand hand still. I'll certainly try this technique tonight.

Just waiting for my harvest to dry before trying.

Must be nice to have been blessed with such patience! :)

Last edited:

Texus

Yeah, for Dynavaps, I'm using one of the two finest screens. But doing that extra coarse screen with the VapBong. If I am thinking about any pattern, I'd say I am digging coarse grind in situations that don't need to be packed too tight. Those where things are a bit more compressed for the best hit, go a bit finer. YMMV.

StringTheorista

I LOVE MY FLOWER MILL! (Yes, i’m shouting…) It addresses everything I didn’t like about my SCS: you don’t have to break up nugs and fit them in between teeth, it’s not hard to turn when full, and you don’t have to pick sticky bits out of the teeth after grinding. Grind is even and excellent, it sorts out stems. I could not be happier.

Also, excellent CS from Flower Mill: the “expansion pack” I ordered arrived with all discs slightly tacoed. They sent a new set out super fast, and included the “extra course” disc to make up for the inconvenience. Great guys to deal with, so appreciated.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Hey everyone. Hope it's been a good week. :)

I have 2 announcements to make!

1) The Premium 20 Flute Rotor is here!

TL;DW -Upgrade to the mildly improved 20 flute rotor for only 10 bucks shipped to any existing Premium owners.

Link: https://www.flowermillusa.com/products/premium-stainless-edition-20-flute-rotor

2) It was suggested we make an FC Discount Code...

Good Idea! Take 15% of with the code: Vape>Combustion21

RxPlorer

Hey everyone. Hope it's been a good week. :)

I have 2 announcements to make!

1) The Premium 20 Flute Rotor is here!

TL;DW -Upgrade to the mildly improved 20 flute rotor for only 10 bucks shipped to any existing Premium owners.

Link: https://www.flowermillusa.com/products/premium-stainless-edition-20-flute-rotor

2) It was suggested we make an FC Discount Code...

Good Idea! Take 15% of with the code: Vape>Combustion21
Bam, done, $9.25 shipped with the discount code. Thanks!!

Vaporware

@FlowerMillJohn I’ll try the new rotor too, but I’m hoping I can get one of the new extra course discs along with it (I already bought the expansion pack).

What would be the best way to make that happen?

Vaporware,

Texus

I LOVE MY FLOWER MILL! (Yes, i’m shouting…) It addresses everything I didn’t like about my SCS: you don’t have to break up nugs and fit them in between teeth, it’s not hard to turn when full, and you don’t have to pick sticky bits out of the teeth after grinding. Grind is even and excellent, it sorts out stems. I could not be happier.

Also, excellent CS from Flower Mill: the “expansion pack” I ordered arrived with all discs slightly tacoed. They sent a new set out super fast, and included the “extra course” disc to make up for the inconvenience. Great guys to deal with, so appreciated.
Yeah, it is not needing to cram bud between the teeth that I think I most appreciate. And that sweet 1/4 turn to open the Mill.

Top Bottom