FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
But you don't know me yet so beware as i'm also an advocate of "Obvious" air/vapour paths - which is why i posted the previous image as my favourite!...
NEW-FlashVAPE-clean-airpath-500px.png

here is a graphical illustration of the airpath.. completely clean. only materials the air you inhale comes into contact with are inert materials: through the side air intakes, the air travels into a ceramic chamber (completely isolated from all electricals below) beneath the heating element screen, then up through the stainless steel heat screens, and into the vape chamber where your herbs sit, which is also 100% ceramic... from there, the vaporized air passes up through yet another fine mesh stainless steel screen that acts as a fine filter, before entering the upper visible "vapor chamber" which you can see through the top glass (you can visually see the vapor forming), and then through the glass draw tube and out.

100% clean... which makes this vape one of the best available for ppl who are concerned with clean air-paths, like myself :)

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again FlashVAPE,

..."vapor chamber" which you can see through the top glass (you can visually see the vapor forming), and then through the glass draw tube and out.

Thanks, that's the sort of "Obvious" feature(s) i can't but appreciate to see illustrated!

:peace:

Egzoset,

PAZ

This actually looks pretty cool, looking forward to some reviews!

PAZ,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh, i predict a significant amount of MLFB lovers will adore this!!

Judging from what we can see.

Now, what about a LASER lightshow behind this nice circular window:

:brow:

It sort of pleases me a lot, what about viewing in our collective imagination(s) {i've added an "s" for those with multiple personnalities...}, euh... Hummm... Well, imagine some type of 1-LED tri-colour visual enhancement!! TO REVEAL OUR PRECIOUS CANNABIC VAPOUR IN ALL IT'S MOST APPRECIABLE VIRTUES, OF COURSE.

:D

LEDs can't withstand long exposure periods to temperatures near 192 °C or so... I believe, on the other hand, i'd be tempted to argue that some translucent fibers CAN, actually - maybe even optical ones i might guess! I wonder.

TEFLON/PTFE is OKay at 204 °C, why not optical fibers which Google says will be fine at an operating temperature near 300+ °C (572+ °F), after alll!...

Is that a crazy idea or are there readers presently trying to evaluate the cost of a short optical fiber section and a multicolour LED?...

natural farmer

Oh, i predict a significant amount of MLFB lovers will adore this!!

Judging from what we can see.

Now, what about a LASER lightshow behind this nice circular window:

It sort of pleases me a lot, what about viewing in our collective imagination(s) {i've added an "s" for those with multiple personnalities...}, euh... Hummm... Well, imagine some type of 1-LED tri-colour visual enhancement!!

:D

LEDs can't withstand long exposure periods to temperatures near 192 °C or so... I believe, on the other hand, i'd be tempted to argue that some translucent fibers CAN, actually - maybe even optical ones i might guess! I wonder.

TEFLON/PTFE is OKay at 204 °C, why not optical fibers after alll!...

Everybody seems to be spoiled by the PAX's Party Mode! :p:lol:

I just hope it vapes comfortably and has a nice taste. From what I've seen so far at least it has the load capacity for strong hits and a safe air/vapor path. :tup:

natural farmer,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Natural Farmer,

Everybody seems to be spoiled by the PAX's Party Mode!

I'll most certainly need to keep up with portable developments some day, in the meantime my opinion is that these are radically different vaporizers which i'd be reluctant to compare directly. From what i've seen of it, FlashVAPE's main guideline must have been to strictly limit the complexity level of its electric circuitry, in multiple ways: conceptually, physically, synergically... But i may be wrong.

Yet i'll bet their objective was to seek the most basic minimum required without having to make major trade-offs on their list of top directives which were certainly aimed at success. Maybe i've got it all blurred, but it's possible that taking us back to the invention of electricity actually happens to enhance reliability as a result of mechanical simplicity, i might point out! Etc. :D

The Pax is "electronic" and possibly "intelligent", it doesn't fit here. That kind of evokes the Vapolution to me instead, because plaster is white (whatever!) and also this solution gained a good reputation relatively to aroma/taste delivery it seems and yet that particular vaporizer compares to the FlashVAPE in its level of complexity.

So, Pictures can often prove to be confusing, i don't know. Anyway, what will go wrong in a Vapolution exactly??? Not much if it's being operated properly considering how dead simple it is in fact!! So, should this mean something about reliability, reproductability, efficiency, etc?

;)

... In one case an attempt is made to gain convenient (foolproof) control over temperature but in the other it's the owner (in this case an "operator" i'd say!!) who's responsible for temperature control!... One concept probably works like a virtual emulation and the other connects us with the "ritual".

Oh oh! Euh...

So, the heater elements may be very similar but power control puts both of these vaporizers many lightyears away from each other: as far as the invention of electricity it seems.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
LED illuminate fiber optics?! hmmm....may just be a possibility in the future…

"…back to the FlashVAPE lab, fellas!" :)

FlashVAPE,
Reactions: Egzoset
So wait...one side is a vape and the other side is a masturbator? And my herbs and boner will be illuminated by LED laser light? Am I understanding this correctly?

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So wait...one side is a vape and the other side is a masturbator? And my herbs and boner will be illuminated by LED laser light? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes; I think you've summed it up quite nicely :lol:

Is the flashlight component of the vape your own design or are you repurposing/integrating an already available light into your vaporizer?

I'm interested in what you have said about your batteries. What makes these particular cells that you are using in your vaporizer any different or better than say, an NCR18650A/B cell from panasonic? How will the user go about replacing them once they have reached the end of their useful life? Is there a facility for charging the cells inside the device? And finally, is the protection circuitry integrated directly into the cells themselves or the vaporizer?

Thanks for being so open about your vaporizer and taking part in the community, it goes a long way for the skeptic in me. Hope to see you enjoy success with your vaporizer!

natural farmer

Hey FlashVAPE!

"-DO NOT press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds as if left unchecked, temperatures inside the vape chamber can get to well above 300°C."

Does that mean that by giving the unit to a friend and by being vaped he holds the button for 6-9 secs, we'll have combustion? Not that I am not capable of doing so, but I tend to be more careful than most of my friends...

natural farmer,

OF

Hey FlashVAPE!

"-DO NOT press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds as if left unchecked, temperatures inside the vape chamber can get to well above 300°C."

Does that mean that by giving the unit to a friend and by being vaped he holds the button for 6-9 secs, we'll have combustion? Not that I am not capable of doing so, but I tend to be more careful than most of my friends...

Yup, that's how I read it too.

OF

OF,

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Yes; I think you've summed it up quite nicely :lol:

Is the flashlight component of the vape your own design or are you repurposing/integrating an already available light into your vaporizer?

I'm interested in what you have said about your batteries. What makes these particular cells that you are using in your vaporizer any different or better than say, an NCR18650A/B cell from panasonic? How will the user go about replacing them once they have reached the end of their useful life? Is there a facility for charging the cells inside the device? And finally, is the protection circuitry integrated directly into the cells themselves or the vaporizer?

Thanks for being so open about your vaporizer and taking part in the community, it goes a long way for the skeptic in me. Hope to see you enjoy success with your vaporizer!

Greetings CentiZen, thanks for your insightful questions.

There is no flashlight component to this vape. This vape looks like a flashlight purely because of the streamline design aspect of it that makes it ergonomic and comfortable to use. We designed this vape so its comfortable for single hand use (left or right hand). When you hold one in hand, the best way to describe it is as if you are holding a slender champaign glass in your hand, and as opposed to taking a sip once in a while, you'd bring it close to your mouth for a puff through the glass draw tube.
I'm interested in what you have said about your batteries. What makes these particular cells that you are using in your vaporizer any different or better than say, an NCR18650A/B cell from panasonic?

What sets the cells that we use apart from, lets say your Panasonic NCR18650A/Bcell, is first of all, the chemical composition of the battery itself. The battery we have chosen to power the FlashVAPE is a Valence LiFeMgPo4 (lithium iron magnesium phosphate) cell, which is amongst the safest, most stable of any Li-ion batteries on the market today. This can be confirmed with a little research into li-ion battery varieties. What this means is that this cell is chemically very stable at high discharge rates (2+C stable discharge and upto 3+C pulse discharge rate), without the risk of exploding or giving any gaseous discharge. You can explore the safety aspects of this type of cell on Valence's website: http://valence.com. You can literally short the battery with a copper wire, and the wire will burn red hot, but the battery will be fine... and kids, please don't try this at home... you'll likely burn down the house, but the battery will probably still be ok :)

Secondly, this particular cell is rated at 3.2V operating voltage, as opposed to 3.7V for regular Li-ion 18650 cells. Our chargers are specially made to matched to this voltage, with cut-off at 3.65V. Please dont use any other battery in the FlashVAPE, or charge our batteries with any other chargers. The battery itself is self-regulated with cut-off below 2V. This battery has a rated life cycle of >2000 (100% DOD) to 80% capacity. Which means that you can recharge it over 2000 times before it will drop to below 80% of its rated full capacity (you can probably still use it a whole lot longer after 2000 charges!).

Valence LiFeMgPo4 cells power electric vehicles all over the world, its the cell powering the SEGWAY, and it is the only cell we find good enough for the FlashVAPE.

When selecting the cell for the FlashVAPE, we tested over 20 different li-ion batteries. With safety first and foremost on our minds, second only to performance and longevity of use, we went with this Valence cell. Although there are lower priced options available, we feel that the Valence cell is the right choice when you combine all these factors.

How will the user go about replacing them once they have reached the end of their useful life? Is there a facility for charging the cells inside the device? And finally, is the protection circuitry integrated directly into the cells themselves or the vaporizer?

When replacement batteries are required, they are available from our website or through one of our authorized distributors. We keep the batteries reasonably priced at $10 each. We feel you shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg for specialty batteries. Why not have a couple spares? :) but anyhow, at over 2000+ charge cycles each battery, the 2 that comes with each FlashVAPE should last you a while :)

There is no facility for charging the cell inside the device currently. This one is on our to-do list of future improvements.

As mentioned earlier, the cell is equipped with a built in cut-off regulator protection curcuit. However, with having a main power on/off switch built into the base of the vape, so accidental power-on situations are easily avoided, even after use :)

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the quick answers FlashVape! I think you just added about two weeks of research to my plate. I must get some of these cells. They sound wonderful.

And big props for not gouging on cells. Sets a pretty good tone, I must say :)

CentiZen,

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Hey FlashVAPE!

When designing the FlashVAPE, we followed the K.I.S principles to build a vape that is not only easy to use, but simple and durable. It's also our goal to create vape that is fast working, and powerful enough for organics and/or solid concentrates. We did not integrate any complicated circuitry into this vape that regulates temperature. The controlled operating temperature range is by design achieved through a combination of careful calculation of the type, and surface area of the heating element to the amount of power provided by the cell. So the result is that yes, this vape's operating temperature is user regulated, and no, the temperature is not automatically controlled to be foolproof. But seriously, its pretty easy to use and the beast can be tamed with very little practice.

To be quite honest, initially when testing the FlashVAPE, temperature was one of our main concerns because we wanted this vape to be so powerful. However, with the development the replaceable screen as a buffer, and fine tuning the surface area of the heating element, the end result is a managable, enjoyable, quick acting vaping experience.... make no mistake, this is indeed a hard hitting vape, and for that we make no apologies. How quick this vape works and how powerful it is makes it not suitable for everyone, just like a Corvette ZR1 or a Ducati may not be for everyone.

I guess you can't have everything... but I think there is enough goodness in the FlashVAPE to satisfy a large portion of our vaping community.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick answers FlashVape! I think you just added about two weeks of research to my plate. I must get some of these cells. They sound wonderful.

And big props for not gouging on cells. Sets a pretty good tone, I must say :)

.. the FlashVAPE itself is pretty reasonably priced too, at $129 per kit :)

marduk

daydreamer
FlashVAPE,

There's very little resistance on the draw, correct? So after you do the 5-second cycle you can clear the vapor chamber in a couple of seconds?

Also, how much time does the heating element and the heat in the chamber take to get back to baseline? If I want to pass this around a circle, should there be a delay of x seconds before pressing the button for 5 seconds to avoid combustion on the next hit?

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
FlashVAPE,

There's very little resistance on the draw, correct? So after you do the 5-second cycle you can clear the vapor chamber in a couple of seconds?

Also, how much time does the heating element and the heat in the chamber take to get back to baseline? If I want to pass this around a circle, should there be a delay of x seconds before pressing the button for 5 seconds to avoid combustion on the next hit?

there is indeed very little resistance on the draw. it is comparable to sucking in air through a straw.

while you inhale, the air coming in actually helps cool down the element. so by the time you finish a full draw, and pass onto the next, it should be almost back to baseline already. You will not get combustion unless you vaped the heck out of the material already and keep vaping (press power-on) for longer than 5 seconds at a time. you will get the hang of it real quick with use.

natural farmer

When designing the FlashVAPE, we followed the K.I.S principles to build a vape that is not only easy to use, but simple and durable. It's also our goal to create vape that is fast working, and powerful enough for organics and/or solid concentrates. We did not integrate any complicated circuitry into this vape that regulates temperature. The controlled operating temperature range is by design achieved through a combination of careful calculation of the type, and surface area of the heating element to the amount of power provided by the cell. So the result is that yes, this vape's operating temperature is user regulated, and no, the temperature is not automatically controlled to be foolproof. But seriously, its pretty easy to use and the beast can be tamed with very little practice.

To be quite honest, initially when testing the FlashVAPE, temperature was one of our main concerns because we wanted this vape to be so powerful. However, with the development the replaceable screen as a buffer, and fine tuning the surface area of the heating element, the end result is a managable, enjoyable, quick acting vaping experience.... make no mistake, this is indeed a hard hitting vape, and for that we make no apologies. How quick this vape works and how powerful it is makes it not suitable for everyone, just like a Corvette ZR1 or a Ducati may not be for everyone.

I guess you can't have everything... but I think there is enough goodness in the FlashVAPE to satisfy a large portion of our vaping community.

I have to admit I always liked the way a Ducati performed even if it needed a little "special" treatment... :smug:

natural farmer,
Reactions: Tweek
Top Bottom