• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I do have the dosing capsule for the POTV One and they fit in the bowl but I don't think they will be very effective on the convection side but for conduction it might work. I'm pretty sure the airflow is gonna be crap because the capsule on the sides are solid and not made of mesh so the air can only pass thru the top of the capsule but it might help to retain more heat.

Actually, if anything the opposite would be true, a mesh capsule is going to be worse for conduction... for optimal conduction, you want the herbs up against the ceramic chamber walls, that is what makes it a hot oven vaporizing the herbs... if you have capsule with gaps between the ceramic and the herbs now, even having the mesh tight as possible to ceramic, it is going to hurt your efficiency with a conduction vape. Theoretically, it could help with a convection vape for this reason, making it more pure convection, less conduction effect more only vaporizing by the hot air flow... however you are right air gaps will actually make it overall worse for that too... And now re-reading I realize you have the capsules like the Edge, steel walled with punched holes at the top and bottom, those will still be bad for conduction here, because of the air gap between the ceramic walls of the chamber and the steel walls of the capsule... You may see some success, but overall compared to using without a capsule, I can almost guarantee it will hurt your efficiency...

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Actually, if anything the opposite would be true, a mesh capsule is going to be worse for conduction... for optimal conduction, you want the herbs up against the ceramic chamber walls, that is what makes it a hot oven vaporizing the herbs... if you have capsule with gaps between the ceramic and the herbs now, even having the mesh tight as possible to ceramic, it is going to hurt your efficiency with a conduction vape. Theoretically, it could help with a convection vape for this reason, making it more pure convection, less conduction effect more only vaporizing by the hot air flow... however you are right air gaps will actually make it overall worse for that too... And now re-reading I realize you have the capsules like the Edge, steel walled with punched holes at the top and bottom, those will still be bad for conduction here, because of the air gap between the ceramic walls of the chamber and the steel walls of the capsule... You may see some success, but overall compared to using without a capsule, I can almost guarantee it will hurt your efficiency...
It's pretty much what I think but I've been proven wrong before so I want to try it to be sure. Looking at it more closely I think the air will just heat the sides of the capsule and not even go thru the top of the capsule and the herb before exiting the bowl. If I can get good vapor out of it I will be very surprised.

Shit Snacks

It's pretty much what I think but I've been proven wrong before so I want to try it to be sure. Looking at it more closely I think the air will just heat the sides of the capsule and not even go thru the top of the capsule and the herb before exiting the bowl. If I can get good vapor out of it I will be very surprised.

Yeah because remember, when you're drawing, that air is technically cooling things off, so air running along the sides of the capsules between it and the ceramic walls of the chamber, would mean that your air is actually cooling off your herb in the capsule preventing it from vaporizing effectively...

hippogriff

I use a medium SCS grinder and it’s usually the perfect consistency for all my vapes, but in this case coarser does seem the way to go.
Let us know how you do :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I’m now using a slightly larger screen than stock (15mm fine screen from my Mighty). It sits a bit differently in the bowl and has a slightly looser mesh which may also be providing extra airflow (something else you may want to experiment with).

By the way, does anyone have feedback on using Fury 2/Edge (mistvape?) dosing capsules with this? I’m eager to try them myself, but they’ve been sold out everywhere here for weeks.

Can confirm Fury Edge capsules fit nicely, 1mm+ looseness in both directions. Also, can confirm not a good idea, the solid steel walls are exactly wrong for this design. Does what you’d expect, slows heat transfer so harder work for less results.

Anyone tried the Fury 2 mesh capsules? Should still slow things down which isn’t great.

Labor Day sale @ gusmade, I have the original on my keychain, pre-ground flower rolls nicely into the FW7 (ie the circles line up easily out in the field), and loosely filled is a battery worth for me.

Atomic11

anyone know how how to get on the waiting list? usps lost my tetra p80 megaman on a return shipping to lamart- so im looking to get another portable 18650 vape and this one looks really promising- trying to get one asap

Atomic11,

elykpeace

exVASted
Can confirm Fury Edge capsules fit nicely, 1mm+ looseness in both directions. Also, can confirm not a good idea, the solid steel walls are exactly wrong for this design. Does what you’d expect, slows heat transfer so harder work for less results.

Anyone tried the Fury 2 mesh capsules? Should still slow things down which isn’t great.

Labor Day sale @ gusmade, I have the original on my keychain, pre-ground flower rolls nicely into the FW7 (ie the circles line up easily out in the field), and loosely filled is a battery worth for me.
Have tried the fury capsules they fit but suck. Haha

I've found my sweet spot is 340°f idk what temp it's tuned to exactly but it givesa thorough extraction. I was getting charring on 360° and have combusted anything over that .. I love the fw7 native and as I think you mentioned earlier on it's similar to a pax without The lights or gimmicks.. works a lot better and the mouthpiece stays a bunch cooler.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
anyone know how how to get on the waiting list? usps lost my tetra p80 megaman on a return shipping to lamart- so im looking to get another portable 18650 vape and this one looks really promising- trying to get one asap
Your best bet is to email Marc and ask if he can put you on a waiting list.

moondog,

caseball2051

Email firewood to get on the information list. Check the site for the email.

caseball2051,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Does anybody know where to find 18-14 m-m adapters for this vape?

I looked at Vgoodiez, elev8 glass, PIU, etc. OGB has an adapter but it's $20 + shipping which seems a little pricey. Other suggestions welcome.

Shit Snacks

I looked at Vgoodiez, elev8 glass, PIU, etc. OGB has an adapter but it's $20 + shipping which seems a little pricey. Other suggestions welcome.

Just search on eBay, that will be the cheapest quickest option, aside from an in-person shop... Sometimes you can find them on Amazon, or other random places, if you just search around, it's a pretty easy piece to find, so there's no reason to buy from one of the nice reputable sellers you listed imo

CyanKraken

Hm...just received my FW7 and running into a funny:

It seems that whenever I try to hold down the button to inhale, the device vibrates extremely rapidly and doesn’t stop until the button is let go of.
I’ve tried different batteries and have confirmed everything else on the device works as it’s supposed to. I can check and set temperatures and battery status but I can’t actually use the item.

Anyone run into any funnies like this?

CyanKraken,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Mark always take a couple of days to respond, It's normal even more so with the release of the new model.

It seems that whenever I try to hold down the button to inhale, the device vibrates extremely rapidly and doesn’t stop until the button is let go of.
I’ve tried different batteries and have confirmed everything else on the device works as it’s supposed to. I can check and set temperatures and battery status but I can’t actually use the item.

I had something like this happening to me once, it looks like the vape was stuck on vibration, kinda weird but never happened again. If you have this happening every time contact Mark, he will take care of you.

Shit Snacks

I emailed him on sunday- no response. Does it just take a bit of time?

Today is Tuesday, after a holiday weekend, I wouldn't even call this a bit of time yet ;) Always best to give it at least a week before expecting a response, especially with a one-man show, in my experience. Also Marc in particular gives thoughtful detailed replies, and yeah new product time coming out of beta testing... Just need a little patience :tup:

rvarick

How are others FW7s performing as far as battery usage? I’ve noticed using both LG HG2s and Samsung 25Rs that I’m only getting 1, maybe 2 bowls before it’s down to 3/5 on the battery. My FW 5 and 6 would both still have 4/5 after just one session.

Possibly related is I’m starting to wonder if my unit is just running too hot. The mouthpiece is unpleasantly warm on my lips at whatever temp. I also keep getting combustion on anything over 390, despite adjusting my technique. Even at 350-370 the vapor is more hot/harsh than pleasant and I’ll often see smoke coming from the charred sides of the bowl when I check it. And where the 5 and 6 shine on taste, with the 7 flavors are non-existent, although this could be due to the repeated combustion or new wood/finish.

I can’t decide what I think of this vape, and realize I may still be figuring it out, but I’m starting to hesitate reaching for it after having it for less than a week. Guess I’ll email Marc and see what he thinks.

Last edited:
rvarick,

Atomic11

im pretty on the fence about purchasing the fw7 as my portable - is the last guys experience pretty typical?

Atomic11,

Shit Snacks

im pretty on the fence about purchasing the fw7 as my portable - is the last guys experience pretty typical?

If you read through the other posts, you'll see it's not... (except for the hot mouthpiece maybe, but that can be fixed I think) @rvarick that does sound weak for a HG2, but normal for a 25R probably at least it is for a HE4... How long are you holding the button down for? Even though it is well regulated, the heat can build, also depending on how fast you're drawing and how you're loading... So my first guess, would be your technique, not sure I have heard of any that have been miscalibrated yet? But maybe

Vaporware

How are others FW7s performing as far as battery usage? I’ve noticed using both LG HG2s and Samsung 25Rs that I’m only getting 1, maybe 2 bowls before it’s down to 3/5 on the battery. My FW 5 and 6 would both still have 4/5 after just one session.

Possibly related is I’m starting to wonder if my unit is just running too hot. The mouthpiece is unpleasantly warm on my lips at whatever temp. I also keep getting combustion on anything over 390, despite adjusting my technique. Even at 350-370 the vapor is more hot/harsh than pleasant and I’ll often see smoke coming from the charred sides of the bowl when I check it. And where the 5 and 6 shine on taste, with the 7 flavors are non-existent, although this could be due to the repeated combustion or new wood/finish.

I can’t decide what I think of this vape, and realize I may still be figuring it out, but I’m starting to hesitate reaching for it after having it for less than a week. Guess I’ll email Marc and see what he thinks.

About a page back @TastyCakeWasTasty was talking about grind consistency and was getting some charring with a fine grind and not with a coarser one, so I was wondering if you’ve been using a pretty fine grind too? Have you tried something a little more coarse to see if that changes things?

Is anyone using a very fine grind and happy with it, especially at high temps?

rvarick

If you read through the other posts, you'll see it's not... (except for the hot mouthpiece maybe, but that can be fixed I think) @rvarick that does sound weak for a HG2, but normal for a 25R probably at least it is for a HE4... How long are you holding the button down for? Even though it is well regulated, the heat can build, also depending on how fast you're drawing and how you're loading... So my first guess, would be your technique, not sure I have heard of any that have been miscalibrated yet? But maybe
I’m holding the button down through the first hit from cold, and about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through on subsequent hits. I’ve also been trying all kinds of different draws. It’s like I’m either getting wispy/weak vapor, or hot lips and vapor with charring. I’ve not found any combo that produces enjoyable results. My grind isn’t too fine I think, as I’m using a brilliant cut medium plate or a SCS. Along with the significant battery drain I’m struggling to see the use case for my device at the moment.
I tend to have bad luck with things and am often the anomaly, so don’t let my experience be your guide! For instance neither of my current firewoods (5 & 6) are the ones I originally received.

I’ve had good luck with this seller on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273175802765

Last edited:

CyanKraken

I emailed Marc just now.

Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas while Marc responds?

Edit: Marc got back to me. He said he’s never heard of this issue before, so if anyone is experiencing the same, please let me know.
I took a video of the issue too if anyone would like to see:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

About a page back @TastyCakeWasTasty was talking about grind consistency and was getting some charring with a fine grind and not with a coarser one, so I was wondering if you’ve been using a pretty fine grind too? Have you tried something a little more coarse to see if that changes things?

Is anyone using a very fine grind and happy with it, especially at high temps?

After that I commented that I can use a fine grind without issue and it might even work better than a coarse grind, so I would not put much focus on that at all... What you want is a consistent grind regardless of fine or course, like a medium consistent grind is great lol Scorch is mostly a risk of too much power to the heater, to the load, I believe.

I’m holding the button down through the first hit from cold, and about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through on subsequent hits. I’ve also been trying all kinds of different draws. It’s like I’m either getting wispy/weak vapor, or hot lips and vapor with charring. I’ve not found any combo that produces enjoyable results. My grind isn’t too fine I think, as I’m using a brilliant cut medium plate or a SCS. Along with the significant battery drain I’m struggling to see the use case for my device at the moment.

I tend to have bad luck with things and am often the anomaly, so don’t let my experience be your guide! For instance neither of my current firewoods (5 & 6) are the ones I originally received.

I’ve had good luck with this seller on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273175802765

I don't actually know what you mean, you didn't really answer how long you're holding the button? How long are the hits? Have you used the WPA yet? That could help you if the burning lips of the standard mouthpiece is too much, like it was for me... Tough to test your temp calibration dealing with this issue.

I emailed Marc just now.

Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas while Marc responds?

Edit: Marc got back to me. He said he’s never heard of this issue before, so if anyone is experiencing the same, please let me know.
I took a video of the issue too if anyone would like to see:

Yeah yours definitely has some sort of fresh bug, you will have to send it back to him!

Top Bottom