• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Temple

Is it normal to have lips burning at the lowest level? Glass is very hot with just one hit.

Temple,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it normal to have lips burning at the lowest level? Glass is very hot with just one hit.

Do you have the wooden slider piece in yours? Long draw? I noticed the same thing, when taking long slow draws even at the lowest setting, but I am missing that wooden slider piece in my standard mouthpiece so I was hoping it might absorb some of the heat? Because yeah otherwise it would be tough to actually finish a bowl if you have to take tiny hits to avoid burning lips...

Shit Snacks,

Temple

I have the slider piece. How has this not been mentioned by others? Lips are currently burning well after usage and with slow draws. This has me very concerned as a new buyer. I have just sent Marc an email about my concern.

Temple,

Shit Snacks

I have the slider piece. How has this not been mentioned by others? Lips are currently burning well after usage and with slow draws. This has me very concerned as a new buyer. I have just sent Marc an email about my concern.

I don't know, I mentioned it in my first big post with photos of the standard mouthpiece, but I was missing a part so I didn't want to pass judgment too harshly... other people don't seem to be having this issue? I did also mention it to Marc though. If you are concerned I suggest smaller shorter quicker draws to help, but I feel your pain, especially if unable to use WPA too!

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
The fw7 is my favorite vape to use at the moment. The taste of the tung oil has finally gone away so I can appreciate the taste of the vapor, I love the taste of the vapor in a wood vape, it always leave a taste of wood even if the majority of the air path is ceramic and glass. It gives the vapor a taste that is unique to that vape, for me it's heaven but I know not everybody like the taste of wood so be warned.

The size of this vape is perfect in the hand, small enough to carry with you and use it without too much problems but big enough to cram all the features you would expect from a vape in 2020. The build quality is good enough that I'm not afraid to bring it with me out of the house and with the removable battery the autonomy of the vape is limited only by the number of batteries you have. I think the button could be a little bit bigger and some times don't press on it correctly but I do it less and less. This could be annoying but the vibration feature saves the day for me. This vape keeps giving you feedback every time it does something by vibrating. Press a button it vibrate, heater engage it vibrate, heater stop it vibrate, so you are never left wondering what the vape is doing. So when I press the button and I get no vibration I know I have to re-press on it instead on waiting for the vape to heat up and inhaling cold air.

The one place the fw7 needs improvement is the mouth piece, it can get hot at the higher settings. The first time I used the vape I wasn't paying attention, I'm used to cooling stems and water pipe so I inhaled like I always do and some times learning hurts. I learned that a regular tube of glass can get hot enough to burn you on the lip and cause a blister. I was at the highest setting and so was my vape, my brain never registered that the glass was getting too hot and burning me, I only realized it a couple of hours later when I saw myself in the mirror. This happened because I was inhaling non stop at 420F, the drawing speed is very important if you don't want to have hot glass. The trick is to stop the inhalation when the air gets too hot, a little cigar puff once in a while will let the glass cool down enough. The WPA will take care of this problem completely but I haven't touch it yet so I can't comment on it too much. The good news is that with the way the fw7 is built it will be very easy to design a new mouth piece if Mark ever get inspired and add it on the vape since it is modular. Just to be sure nobody misunderstand me, the vape itself isn't dangerous, it was user error that caused injury, I'm too stupid to know when I'm burning myself and to stop what I'm doing to stop further injury. You can burn yourself on the majority of the vapes available if you're not careful.

I did try a little experiment to see if adding glass beads to the vape would help with the heat and it works a little bit. Unfortunately I can't put a lot of beads in the space I have and the beads are right under the bowl so they get hot very quickly but if you let them cool down between each hit it works better. This was more a proof of concept but I can see how a new mouth piece with a chamber for the beads to go in could be created to take care of the hot air and hot glass. Of course the glass tube cannot retract in the vape like usual if you try this.

20200902_171647.jpg

I used 3mm beads and a tooth pick to make sure the beads don't go in the glass tube or in my mouth.

20200902_171732.jpg

If you do this don't put too much beads because you will have problems with closing the vape and also when you open it after be careful the beads can move and it can be difficult to re-open it.

Temple

After speaking with Marc and looking into this further I have found that if you wait longer for the heat up and do slower draws that the heat is much more tolerable. Still a bit warm but very usable and I’m pretty happy with this unit so far. Will report back more once I get more usage out of it. Now to hunt down a 14mm male to male local.

Shit Snacks

After speaking with Marc and looking into this further I have found that if you wait longer for the heat up and do slower draws that the heat is much more tolerable. Still a bit warm but very usable and I’m pretty happy with this unit so far. Will report back more once I get more usage out of it. Now to hunt down a 14mm male to male local.

Yeah that makes sense, the vapor itself cools well with the right angle bend of the ceramic, so it's all about technique to prevent too much heat transfer into the glass mouthpiece tip... I'll have to play with that more myself once I have a new unit to use standard mouthpiece with again!

Oh and check eBay for the adapter, easy to find them there typically cheap...

Edit: to add I am getting some fantastic flavor at my new lowest setting of 320, still visible vapor, nice tasty clouds with a long slow draw. And my middle setting of 350 is very versatile, keeps hitting with great taste and more cloudage. Then 380 is a great high level without much scorch risk and still good flavor preservation, I can taste when the bowl is done for me... Yeah I could really see the value in a fourth setting so I could make it 410 to have a fuller range though, for late night type cbd heavy max extractions...

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I noticed the same thing, when taking long slow draws even at the lowest setting
Lips are currently burning well after usage and with slow draws.
... other people don't seem to be having this issue?

I did not notice any issues with the glass mouthpiece being too hot. I actually had the "opposite" problem. What I found is that the exterior of the bowl end would get too hot to touch after only a couple of hits at the middle (stock) temp setting. Yes, perception of "too hot" is very subjective, but the FW7 bowl-end exterior would be hotter after 2 hits than my FW4 gets after killing an entire capsule.

I've sent my 7 back to Marc so he can investigate. I'm thankful I have my FW4 to tide me over, but even after only a short time together, I seriously miss my FW7.

Shit Snacks

I did not notice any issues with the glass mouthpiece being too hot. I actually had the "opposite" problem. What I found is that the exterior of the bowl end would get too hot to touch after only a couple of hits at the middle (stock) temp setting. Yes, perception of "too hot" is very subjective, but the FW7 bowl-end exterior would be hotter after 2 hits than my FW4 gets after killing an entire capsule.

I've sent my 7 back to Marc so he can investigate. I'm thankful I have my FW4 to tide me over, but even after only a short time together, I seriously miss my FW7.

I remember you posted that, I did notice that mine gets hot sometimes, back to back hits high temp, so I generally tend to steer clear of it, especially easy when using the wpa.

Shit Snacks,

rvarick

Are other FW7 owners getting really black material, flavors, and near or possible combustion at even moderately higher temps?

I’ve been progressively bumping my temps down. 420 resulted in completely dark black material, with a burnt taste and combustion smell. 400 seems to still produce a lot of black scorching on the sides, along with a burnt flavor on the last 2-3 draws and some smell of combustion.

Maybe I should let off the button mid-draw? Or speed up my draw speed? Or shorten my draw?

rvarick,

The Chemist

Are other FW7 owners getting really black material, flavors, and near or possible combustion at even moderately higher temps?

I’ve been progressively bumping my temps down. 420 resulted in completely dark black material, with a burnt taste and combustion smell. 400 seems to still produce a lot of black scorching on the sides, along with a burnt flavor on the last 2-3 draws and some smell of combustion.

Maybe I should let off the button mid-draw? Or speed up my draw speed? Or shorten my draw?
This vape is a little different than the others with the way it heat. When you release the button the heater still continue to produce heat until the vape vibrate one last time to tell you it's done. This takes about 5 seconds and finally you still have the residual heat in the bowl that will continue to heat the herb. So the vape will continue to cook the herb a good 10 seconds after you have released the button. When I use the fw7 I always forget that detail, at lower temps this is not a problem but at higher temps you can get close to combustion territory really quickly. At higher settings I inhale for a shorter period of time before I let go of the button and I finish my inhale with the residual heat, it's the best way I have found to get rid of the burnt herb. It's easy to under estimate the power of this vape when you look at it's size but the heater in this thing is no joke. If you speed up your draw it will bring more cold air in the bowl and help lower the risk of combustion. You can change the heat settings, change your draw speed or change the timing of your button press to get rid of the burnt herb. You need to forget the technique you use with your other vapes because the fw7 is something new in the way it works.

In the end it's still possible your vape is not working properly. If you still get burning you should contact Mark but take the time to understand how you are hitting the vape and change your technique a little bit at a time and see what works or not for you. If you can post some photos so it should be easier to compare with the ABV we get from our fw7.

Shit Snacks

Yeah how long you're holding the button, and how you are drawing, is a big factor. If you are holding the button for a very long time, it will get hotter and hotter, and if you are also drawing very slow n long, it will be even hotter than that! So yeah it sounds like you know what to try, to hone technique :tup:

Atomic11

Hype usually follows a brand new device, which is what the TM is as opposed to the FW7, much more fanfare and totally different situations really... Part of it is also that every year there's a new version of this vaporizer!

Pretty sure the person who posted about the TM in here does not even have one, nor do they have an FW7?? So I don't think they can help you, but I can tell you that they are both great at producing high quality vapor, though they are of course different as they are using completely different technology... So yes there is a difference in "steam" production, but neither has any issue doing so!

The firewood is indeed a powerful vaporizer, produces good clouds and great taste... Counting clouds makes no sense between units, while any vapor can get quite hot and harsh depending on your settings and usage... This will work more in a similar way to your crafty, but on demand as opposed to session style, much more convenient than the vapcap for me and still quite capable!

If you want more direct comparisons, you should post in ask FC, since its not really appropriate to discuss different vapes much in another vape's threads, so I don't want to go any deeper into discussing these other vapes than I already have here?

Oh yeah, I imagine you have been using it upright a lot? So the oven is sideways? And or maybe you are holding the button down longer without drawing? Longer preheats? I am just thinking that if you are making vapor it has to condense somewhere, I prefer to inhale it all directly (which may be easier with the wpa setup I use?... or possibly you have just run through many more bowls than I... Since I only used the standard mouthpiece a few times, and I'm not removing the wpa at all anymore lol)

Nice with the stems, I tried a more direct set up as well with this custom Mist stem:
IMG-20200901-112903.jpg

But it was actually much more noticeably hot and harsh, than my go to setups below with more of a bend... 340 was more fine, so I milked that for a long time, but 380 was tough... I should try with a longer straight stem though, and I do have a shorter beaded missed stem as well... Also yeah not very ergonomic to hold, I wanted to hold it as you described (actually reminds me of the hammer vape that way!) but I think the WPA needs to be thinner and more curved on the side near the button to be comfortable...

This one is pretty nice, the mini j hook from Lamart (not sure they sell it anymore, at least with female connection, right now they have one with a male connection) comfortable little pinched mouthpiece, moderate cooling and decent to hold:
IMG-20200820-201256.jpg

But yeah, using my custom cooler from Oregon Glass Blower has been my go-to with the Firewood7, good cooling with the right angle bend as the spikes and length help too, decent ergonomics although I can really only use it in this position (far from my deal, but that is more the fault of the button placement and wpa ergo lacking) Another really nice thing about using this mouthpiece, is how I can watch the vapor filling as it hits the right angle like a little cloud chamber (you can also see it flowing through the male to male adapter)

IMG-20200822-164158.jpg

I actually tried doing a little video, but the lighting is pretty poor to see the vapor well, while I have no idea how to upload, so all you get is me talking about it, sorry! lol
Sorry to bother but was wondering where you got those dry glass mp wpa options !! thnx :)

Shit Snacks

Sorry to bother but was wondering where you got those dry glass mp wpa options !! thnx :)

No bother at all, though I actually wrote where I got them in the post you quoted! :D

First one is not really available anywhere, a custom stem mistvape made for me, but this is the place for more female glass pieces:

I think I'm going to have to order the larger jayhook bossman posts there, though it will cost more money... Also thinking of just another plain jayhook that is larger, and what I'd really like is nice heady glass designs some day... Probably pricy customs?

Still haven't tried through water, I am just really enjoying temp step bowls with my current settings, 320-350-380, I can control the heat further with how long I hold the button, how long I draw, how fast or slow I draw... Typically start drawing when it says heated up, though first hit or two from cold, especially on low temp, I will wait a little after vibration... and yeah I always keep drawing after I let go of the button, until it vibrates again that it has cooled down, often I draw even after that! Must clear hits lol

For me the haptic feedback and nature of the heater/chamber are quite intuitive! Pretty much instant, automatic on demand vapor, but with plenty of manual control.

Last edited:

OilOfSaints

Well, I have a couple of videos done, sorry there is no commentary. This write up is first impressions to give you guys a perspective on how the device varies from previous models.

This vape is most definitely a hybrid that really utilizes conduction whereas the 5 and 6 tried to use conduction with convection but it was barely present. The 7's conduction is strong enough for you to roast a bowl without inhaling, I will be doing temperature tests to see how fast it heats up and what temps the walls are reaching. Since the conduction is having a more primary focus I do find myself waiting a bit longer for the unit to buzz that its at temp for the initial hit. Its still faster than 95% percent of vapes on the market and now it always gives a pretty solid first draw. The conduction also results in a deeper, quicker extraction; even on the lowest preset unless my unit was just calibrated high I can get a much faster extraction than all previous Firewoods, 1-3 hits (especially if I don't let off on the button).

There is no more storage chamber or attempts to make loading/swapping otg easier, this is fine with me as I would prefer more emphasis on performance than an emphasis on features. However. I will say loading without a tool it can be a bit annoying because unlike the 6 there isn't a ridge to prevent the herb from spilling off the flat ceramic bowl.

The button has reverted back to being visible but is very small, I would prefer bigger and it to be more notably clicky than the 5 but I already like it more than the 6's. Time will tell whether or not it is too small or placed in a bad spot for comfort but I don't see me having too many gripes with the new button compared to the previous.

The mouthpiece has a neat slider to assist with pulling it out promoting actually being able to push it back in. Overall it is pretty much the same design as the 5/6 for the pathing and form but the slider is a welcome addition. There is also a water pipe adapter included, mine didn't come with a glass adapter but I was able to rig something up and this vape (unlike its predecessors) really works with water. Previous models even with my adapters it wasn't really a phenomenal piece for water, I can say with the change to conduction this is no longer the case and it gets my glass scary thick.

If you can't tell based on the video its the same length as the 6 but a bit shorter, literally a strand of hair wider. Amazing Marc is able to make such powerful and compact units.

Conduction does result in the flavor souring faster but this unit is still just as pure and remains to have that classic signature you'd expect from the materials Marc uses. Battery life seems to be identical to predecessors but maybe even a bit better since the extraction rate is a bit more consistent and faster. I have had a couple of moments where the battery door was so snug I felt I need a tool to give it an initial budge, it seems inserting a battery does make it notably tighter.

I have really been waiting for this unit since the Firewood 4, I wanted the 5 to improve performance and it did in a way, but I say it improved most in comfort and usage method, 6 was essentially a sidegrade improvement where performance was identical at best but increasing the bowl size didn't result with as great usage with smaller bowls. This unit acknowledges the performance was a hinder with the last 2 generations along with ease of use being setback with the convection design. To me, it's seeming like the 7 fixes in the areas that were really needed to be improved in order to be competitive with the current and future generation of vaporizers.

That's a cool glass globe. Where can O get one?

OilOfSaints,

The Chemist

I noticed that too, the end of the bowl gets really hot to the touch but only in one spot at the front of the vape. On the side of the bowl the holes for the air intakes help to cool down the wood but on the front, right under the gap from the top cover and the vape it can get surprisingly hot. Like Moondog said perception of "too hot" is suggestive so I decided to use an infrared thermometer to know exactly how hot it gets. The highest the wood got was 155F when I was using the vape at 420F. When I touch it it's more surprising than painful, you don't expect the wood to get this hot because the rest of the vape is cool to the touch. It does cool down quick and really the only time you should touch that part of the vape is when you empty the bowl so just let it cool a minute or two and the vape can be handled without problem. I did try to see how hot my vape gets in two hit but it wasn't very hot but after four hit I was around 120F. I don't see this as a problem every vape gets hot one way or another, I just hope it won't cause any problem with the wood like cracking. Time will tell.

I removed the glass beads from the vape so they don't factor in the results I got. The beads don't work too well with this vape, not enough space to put enough beads to change the vapor and it's a pain in the ass to open when a bead get stuck between the two piece of the vape. I wasn't expecting much from the beginning but I wanted to see of it could help to improve the vapor but this idea needs more time to develop.

moondog

I noticed that too, the end of the bowl gets really hot to the touch but only in one spot at the front of the vape. On the side of the bowl the holes for the air intakes help to cool down the wood but on the front, right under the gap from the top cover and the vape it can get surprisingly hot. Like Moondog said perception of "too hot" is suggestive so I decided to use an infrared thermometer to know exactly how hot it gets. The highest the wood got was 155F when I was using the vape at 420F. When I touch it it's more surprising than painful, you don't expect the wood to get this hot because the rest of the vape is cool to the touch. It does cool down quick and really the only time you should touch that part of the vape is when you empty the bowl so just let it cool a minute or two and the vape can be handled without problem. I did try to see how hot my vape gets in two hit but it wasn't very hot but after four hit I was around 120F. I don't see this as a problem every vape gets hot one way or another, I just hope it won't cause any problem with the wood like cracking. Time will tell.

I removed the glass beads from the vape so they don't factor in the results I got. The beads don't work too well with this vape, not enough space to put enough beads to change the vapor and it's a pain in the ass to open when a bead get stuck between the two piece of the vape. I wasn't expecting much from the beginning but I wanted to see of it could help to improve the vapor but this idea needs more time to develop.
This is good data.

My bowl end was indeed painful. I could not keep my finger there for any length of time. My FW4 would get hot to the touch but definitely in the realm of "surprising more than painful". I could easily keep my hand wrapped around it to draw off heat. No way I could do that with the FW7.

Marc is testing my vape now. I'll be interested to see the results.

The Chemist

If I touch it by accident it's surprising but if I keep touching it's gonna cook my finger for sure. It's too hot to touch but not enough to cause an injury that's what I mean. No way I could hold the vape if the entire front end was this hot but thankfully it's only hot in a place where you don't touch a lot unless you want to open the bowl. More than that and I would be concerned but I am interested in what Mark will tell you.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Something we haven’t spoken much of is grind consistency and I think my grind up till now might’ve been too fine.

I was without my grinder yesterday and had to hand-tear to load the bowl. I found that this generally provides a more consistently free-flowing draw.

The benefits of this have been an easier inhale through the stock mouthpiece, a better high temp experience through the stock mouthpiece and even better performance through my bubbler.

Through water at 210C, I’m getting 2 huge, tasty hits and 1 less-huge, not-so tasty hit, from a tamped 0.15g (roughly 1/4 of the bowl). The AVB is a uniform coffee brown with minimal charing around the edge.

If you’re experiencing charring, I’d definitely recommend trying a hand-torn or extraa-coarse consistency, lightly tamped. Has worked so well for me that I’ve bumped all my temps up by 10C (currently ~165/175/210) :).

When you release the button the heater still continue to produce heat until the vape vibrate one last time to tell you it's done.

FWIW, the heater does switch off when you release the button. The ceramic bowl retains much of the heat, so it’s not easily noticeable through the stock mouthpiece.

Through a bubbler however, I can see vapour production decrease and then increase slightly if I release/re-engage the button. I had been doing this to avoid charring/combustion until I started using coarser material.

Last edited:

moondog

Marc has finished testing my FW7 and reports "I just tested your unit and it gets hot for sure, but it is in line with what my personal unit is doing and also with previous models (measured with an IR thermometer), which is about 180F or a little higher during a heavy session."

So I guess we've ruled out vape malfunction and must chalk my experience up to me being such a delicate flower. ;)

Something we haven’t spoken much of is grind consistency and I think my grind up till now might’ve been too fine.

I was without my grinder yesterday and had to hand-tear to load the bowl. I found that this generally provides a more consistently free-flowing draw.

The benefits of this have been an easier inhale through the stock mouthpiece, a better high temp experience through the stock mouthpiece and even better performance through my bubbler.

Through water at 210C, I’m getting 2 huge, tasty hits and 1 less-huge, not-so tasty hit, from a tamped 0.15g (roughly 1/4 of the bowl). The AVB is a uniform coffee brown with minimal charing around the edge.

If you’re experiencing charring, I’d definitely recommend trying a hand-torn or extraa-coarse consistency, lightly tamped. Has worked so well for me that I’ve bumped all my temps up by 10C (currently ~165/175/210) :).

It has always been my experience that convection vapes do better with a coarser grind. Too fine a grind impedes the air flow that is crucial for optimum performance. Conduction vapes, OTOH seem to favor a finer grind, which optimizes the conductive heating throughout the load. Given the FW7's hybrid nature, it's a matter of finding the sweet spot between the two grind methods that will provide optimum performance.

The Chemist

FWIW, the heater does switch off when you release the button. The ceramic bowl retains much of the heat, so it’s not easily noticeable through the stock mouthpiece.

Through a bubbler however, I can see vapour production decrease and then increase slightly if I release/re-engage the button. I had been doing this to avoid charring/combustion until I started using coarser material.
I miss understood what was written in the instruction. I didn't catch that the vibration does indicate shutdown but it got a little delay from when you release the button. It can still produce vapor after the vibration, I had this happen before, that just added to my confusion. And thanks to you I now have to try the WPA because it's true that you can see the vapor thru the glass to really see what is happening. I use a Brillant Cut Grinder with a medium plate but I'll try a coarser grind to see if it change anything for me.

Good news about your fw7 @moondog. At least we know it's working the way it should.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
I use a Brillant Cut Grinder with a medium plate but I'll try a coarser grind to see if it change anything for me.

I use a medium SCS grinder and it’s usually the perfect consistency for all my vapes, but in this case coarser does seem the way to go.
Let us know how you do :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I’m now using a slightly larger screen than stock (15mm fine screen from my Mighty). It sits a bit differently in the bowl and has a slightly looser mesh which may also be providing extra airflow (something else you may want to experiment with).

By the way, does anyone have feedback on using Fury 2/Edge (mistvape?) dosing capsules with this? I’m eager to try them myself, but they’ve been sold out everywhere here for weeks.

Shit Snacks

By the way, does anyone have feedback on using Fury 2/Edge (mistvape?) dosing capsules with this? I’m eager to try them myself, but they’ve been sold out everywhere here for weeks.

Most of the capsules do not fit, and I am pretty much certain they will only hurt efficiency, so I wouldn't bother personally...

@moondog sorry those weren't the results you might have been hoping for, but I'm not so surprised, I think you just need to find another way to hold it! @The Chemist there is no reason to touch the hot part where the oven is even when unloading, I always slide the lid off from the opposite end, the only time I ever touch that back side of the oven where it's hot is when I am shifting positions getting ready to unload it maybe, only happened a couple times, but yes just finger grazing it you can feel how hot it is! Leaving it there for more than a second you could absolutely burn yourself no problem lol

Also yeah, you will continue to see vapor after you let go of the button, because this is mostly conduction, the oven is still warm at vaping temps so you have to keep inhaling to clear the bowl (especially if you're like me and ocd about residual vapor condensing anywhere in the device) And the more you inhale without any power coming in, you are really cooling off the bowl, so aside from clearing the vapor it also helps clear out the heat! Yup all this is more visible with the wpa

Also about grind, this being a hybrid, even if primarily conduction, does mean it works with a variety of grinds in my experience. I would not want to go too course, uneven chunks don't tend to vape as well, so what you really want is a consistent grind regardless of how fine or course... I have BCG fine plate and medium plate, both work better in the FW7 when you grind a little upside down first it seems... Also the rules are really not hard and fast, many pure convection on demand vapes actually work really well with a consistent medium fine grind, many pure conduction vapes work best with super fine powder grind but are also still able to work well with course hand torn nugs... And let's not forget how different strains, different herbs, all have different consistencies and moisture levels...

Point being there are some loads that could work more ideally in the Firewood7, depending on your goals of cloudage and flavor, even extraction, but the bottom line is my FW7 does not really have an issue getting great vapor out of anything so far!

The Chemist

I do have the dosing capsule for the POTV One and they fit in the bowl but I don't think they will be very effective on the convection side but for conduction it might work. I'm pretty sure the airflow is gonna be crap because the capsule on the sides are solid and not made of mesh so the air can only pass thru the top of the capsule but it might help to retain more heat. I'll give it a go tonight and give you my thoughts.

@Shit Snacks you are right if I change my technique I can remove the top lid without having to touch the front part. The wood now slide a little bit better than it was when I got the vape so now I can just push it with my thumb so no more reason do burn myself.

moondog

Most of the capsules do not fit, and I am pretty much certain they will only hurt efficiency, so I wouldn't bother personally...

@moondog sorry those weren't the results you might have been hoping for, but I'm not so surprised, I think you just need to find another way to hold it! @The Chemist there is no reason to touch the hot part where the oven is even when unloading, I always slide the lid off from the opposite end, the only time I ever touch that back side of the oven where it's hot is when I am shifting positions getting ready to unload it maybe, only happened a couple times, but yes just finger grazing it you can feel how hot it is! Leaving it there for more than a second you could absolutely burn yourself no problem lol

Thanks, but I'm not worried. I had already sorted out my holding technique before sending it back to Marc for testing.

Top Bottom