Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

VAPEHUNTER

Would this battery pack work with the woodscents?

I know the plug on it will fit, I'm just not sure if testing it could damage the "travelling light controller"

Thanks!!
I don’t believe this battery pack will work.
Ed told me the most important thing is the battery pack must have a “Power Delivery
USBC port.”
Edit1: Seems it also needs more than 18W output. I purchased an Anker A1231 but even cranked all the way up it only gets luke warm.
At CHAMPS last week Ed was running his WoodScents using an Anker A1275 power bank.
Edit2: Link> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WNWRNC/

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Would this battery pack work with the woodscents?

I know the plug on it will fit, I'm just not sure if testing it could damage the "travelling light controller"

Thanks!!

Did you maybe inadvertently paste the wrong link? Not sure that phone battery would work so well either. Ed lists the specs needed (from the travel controller description, "
Connect any USB-C PD compliant power source capable of 12V to the USB-C connection on the temperature controller and use as operate your WoodScents as usual, free from outlets.

POWER SOURCE MUST BE USB-C PD (POWER DELIVERY) COMPLIANT AND CAPABLE OF DELIVERING 12V AT 1.5AMP

Any USB-C PD compliant power bank that fits the above specs (USB-C Profile 2 or greater) can be used"

Even if that battery works, it seems like it would be too small. The examples from the same page are 20000+ mAh batteries. 5000 mah might not be able to run the heater for an appreciable amount of time (for some context the 18650 batteries I use in my TP80 are 2600 mAh and while the wattage delivered to the heater is much higher I don't think it would last much more than 30 mins cruising at ~370 degrees).

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

RiskyRaccoon

Did you maybe inadvertently paste the wrong link? Not sure that phone battery would work so well either. Ed lists the specs needed (from the travel controller description, "
Connect any USB-C PD compliant power source capable of 12V to the USB-C connection on the temperature controller and use as operate your WoodScents as usual, free from outlets.

POWER SOURCE MUST BE USB-C PD (POWER DELIVERY) COMPLIANT AND CAPABLE OF DELIVERING 12V AT 1.5AMP

Any USB-C PD compliant power bank that fits the above specs (USB-C Profile 2 or greater) can be used"

Even if that battery works, it seems like it would be too small. The examples from the same page are 20000+ mAh batteries. 5000 mah might not be able to run the heater for an appreciable amount of time (for some context the 18650 batteries I use in my TP80 are 2600 mAh and while the wattage delivered to the heater is much higher I don't think it would last much more than 30 mins cruising at ~370 degrees).
Very helpful, thanks! If I get the woodscents I'll have to aim to get a proper power source, Ed was very kind to DM me the one I should get. I hope to get one soon, though my daily driver is the Weedeater, and I have dynavap for on the go but the quality control on their caps is atrocious and they don't work well with the titanium tips, but this woodscents would transform this completely

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
You know that the Woodscents' default configuration is to plug into an outlet, right? It works pretty fantastically for very evenly extracted microdoses like that (I haven't seen any other vape get avb as even as my WS). I wouldn't necessarily get a Woodscents with the aim of it being primarily for portable use, though...there are other members (@LesPlenty comes to mind) who have assorted battery pack configurations for using it while camping and I could see the portable power pack working well in that scenario as well, but a 20,000 mAh battery pack I would think would be a huge pita at home. The WS plugged in someplace is great because I can turn it on in the morning, give it a few minutes to warm up, and then come over to it and take a quick hit whenever I want. I'm not sure if one of those battery packs would even get through a full day, and the heat soak is long enough that turning it on when you want a hit would be a bit annoying--I usually give it at least 10 minutes.

Edit: oh yeah, meant to say that I'm not sure what you mean about the ti tips lacking. I agree that DV's tolerances leave a bit to be desired (read back a few pages in this thread...), but I vastly prefer the ti tip to the stainless steel, personally. My captive low temp, og non-captive cap, and captive cap all work very well with mine, maybe you just got a dud or something? Its also possible you just prefer the SS tip. I find that because the SS heats a little slower and retains it longer its easier to one or two hit a tip-ful, which some prefer. I find the ti tip spreads that out over a greater number of smaller hits, but they're a lot cooler so its more my speed using the DV natively. Its also easier with a torch for me to stop at a lower temp if that is what I want--SS I almost always get dark coffee ground colored avb.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Two tone Cocobolo. I’ve been wanting this one for awhile. I asked Ed for a 50/50 light to dark and he nailed it. Customer service with Ed is always outstanding. He even has a matching custom 14/18 stem in the works to pair up with it. This is an XL kit which is perfect for the Dynavap collector. F6BBC574-20ED-4755-B632-45441B1B866D.jpeg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve got a few DV stems to play around with and the past couple days I have settled on this one. It’s nice natively and on the pipe. Definitely a FrankenVap. ‘20 Ti tip, Ddave 14mm mega wand, The Rouge Wax Works resin and Ti condenser, and a Simrell Intercooler. 97BEDC65-E150-453B-AB6E-589A7668B80A.jpeg

rvarick

I decided to take another shot at finding an additional Ti tip that would work with my Woodscents by ordering directly from Dynavap, figuring they'd have newer, more consistent stock. Despite hearing that future tips should be more consistent and work with the WS, unfortunately the saga of DVs inconsistent tolerances/QC apparently persists. I ordered a Vong tip + a standard Ti tip, and even added an order note asking if I could receive ones "in tolerance". The Vong tip was almost too big, and fits loosely on the WS, while the Ti tip is too small.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I decided to take another shot at finding an additional Ti tip
I gave up after reaching 9 tips in the drawer, I have 1 that fits great and one not so tight, slight wobble when hands-free on a bong...gets a fair jiggle up but does not fall off!
All of my 'spares' are too loose, I would put a tight fitting tip in a drill and sand/file it down until a perfect fit @rvarick

I always wondered if @Ed's TnT had his own batch of Ti tips made by Dynavap to ensure a more consistent fit with the WS? For what it's worth, I've purchased two tips direct from Ed that fit perfectly with my WS, but the three other tips I've had from Dynavap (one Ti, two SS) were too tight.

Still loving this vape for the best efficiency and dosing control in my lineup. So easy to rip one hitters as needed throughout the night.

Last edited:

cosimo

I’ve got a few DV stems to play around with and the past couple days I have settled on this one. It’s nice natively and on the pipe. Definitely a FrankenVap. ‘20 Ti tip, Ddave 14mm mega wand, The Rouge Wax Works resin and Ti condenser, and a Simrell Intercooler. View attachment 11741
Whats that to the right behind the WS 'a debowler? have alink to it?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Whats that to the right behind the WS 'a debowler? have alink to it?
That’s the NewVape/CannabisHardware AVB Can. Love that thing. So much so I have two🤩. It’s really a FlowerPot accessory I customized for my Dynavaps. Unfortunately they discontinued it. It gets brought up with them a lot to make it again and recently they did a limited run…so maybe get on there email list?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I always wondered if @Ed's TnT had his own batch of Ti tips made by Dynavap to ensure a more consistent fit with the WS? For what it's worth, I've purchased two tips direct from Ed that fit perfectly with my WS, but the three other tips I've had from Dynavap (one Ti, two SS) were too tight.

Still loving this vape for the best efficiency and dosing control in my lineup. So easy to rip one hitters as needed throughout the night.
Good morning bro, I cant say I get my own batch but will say I check each and every tip to fit the WS before they ship. Its a must and will do.

cosimo

morning fellow WS lovers! Anyone know if there are any glass stems out these with glass screen that would work with the WS?

cosimo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Got my two tone stem length wpa. Thanks @Ed's TnT I had TRWW do a two tone mouthpiece on one of his condensers and it turned out amazing. I even have one of TRWWs new “cooling units” installed. As you can see it’s a tad longer than his standard length wpa.
B5840F2F-5030-42CC-86D1-36CBC41C8AFD.jpegIt pairs almost identical to my two tone WS.
8D1A0A3E-9E12-40EA-8B9B-91B02619A012.jpeg

Hagbard Celine

morning fellow WS lovers! Anyone know if there are any glass stems out these with glass screen that would work with the WS?

Most of the glass stems that I've received with my HIs and/or UDs work with the WS. There are just a couple where the inner diameter is a tad too small for them to fit over the WS - the rest work fine (probably 80% of the ones I have fit fine). These dont have glass screens, though - I'm not sure about that part of your question...

masonjars

Most of the glass stems that I've received with my HIs and/or UDs work with the WS. There are just a couple where the inner diameter is a tad too small for them to fit over the WS - the rest work fine (probably 80% of the ones I have fit fine). These dont have glass screens, though - I'm not sure about that part of your question...
Do you use an o-ring on the tip of your WS heater for those stems?
I tried using the glass WPA that came with my WS and a glass daisy screen (had these still from my combustion days), but kept falling out when unloading ABV and clogs super quick, so I couldn’t rely much on reclaim/resin holding it in place. I didn’t notice much of a flavor difference vs the glass WPA w/SS screen. Personally I prefer using the dyna-tip for that extra conduction smack!

Hagbard Celine

Do you use an o-ring on the tip of your WS heater for those stems?

No, I typically do not use the o-ring. I've tried the o-ring just a couple of times... Maybe I should try it again, but I found it works better for me without the added o-ring. The glass stems that work fit right over the heater in the WS, so it looks/feels pretty much like using a HI or UD log (these stems were designed for those devices, and they dont require an o-ring to function with them, so...)

zootboy

Hello!
I am super new here, just placed my order for a woodscents and that will be my first plug-in vaporizer! I'm really excited to be making a switch into vaporizing & doing so with Ed's Woodscents, as I think it will fit my needs perfectly.

I was wondering if it was possible at all to use stems for the E-Nano with the Woodscents, particularly the ICE stem? I was really intrigued by this stem and thought it could be cool to use along with the attachments provided. If anybody does this and if its possible, or if there are other stems kind of like that, I'd love to know, because at least for now I will not be using it with a water pipe and would love cooler hits.

Is it difficult to switch the titanium tip between accessories? (If I wanted to get an additional dynavap stem would it work easily with the tip provided)

Lastly, with the new heating core, is a 12V max good, or do people usually benefit from the extra voltage between 12-13 in the vvps? In my research I saw people saying that the max on the dial would still be too low but i think that was before an upgrade and I am wondering if that changed at all. I have my eye on a VVPS that maxes out at 12V and would like to go for it but not if its too weak, but I like that there's no possibility of going over to damage the piece. If it is better to have the ones that go up to 24V then I'd rather do that but if it doesnt make too much of a difference I'd prefer 12V one.

I am hoping this piece becomes a daily driver for me, and I am so excited to see how the piece looks when it comes. I went with the Buckeye Burl which looks beautiful, hopefully it comes soon and I'll try and upload an image! I am not really sure what to expect, but I don't think I've really seen anybody disappointed with their log vape choice from my research, let alone with a Woodscents, so I am very hopeful. This is also my first experience with dynavap, so I'm excited for that too! Happy to be a part of the community, and to support such beautiful craftsmanship!

Last edited:
@zootboy I don’t think the E-Nano stems will work, but someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Very easy to swap stems with the Ti Tip. I’d look into glass cooling stems made for Dynavap. There are many options.

12v should be more than enough for the new heater, I would think. I have the old heater and live around 12v for water use only. For dry hits I’m down near 11v. Maybe someone with the new heater can chime in on voltages.

Did you order one of the new 2021 models from Ed? Post pics when it arrives! It’s an awesome vape and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

zootboy

@letter never sent is the carbless preference due to the stem already functioning as a carb, like a bong? Or just a different inhalation preference?

if you use the carbless stem portably would that then function as a glass blunt kind of thing ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom