Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Strange.. I have a december 2019 Woodscents and it came with the new heater. My favourite volts are 10,7 and I can clear a bowl in 2 hits. If I crank it up to 11.2, it will spend the bowl in one hit but with worst flavour
That's high right? I forgot to add that because I got a base kit, I am currently using SS tips due to all of my Ti's not fitting. And because I got a unit that didn't come with any stems or tips so I am just working with what I got( i got tired of the oring and glass stem setup). I had asked earlier in the thread about me possibly "overworking" the WS because of ill fitting tips but I couldn't get a real answer.. Have you used an SS tip with your WS, and if so, have you had to increase voltage?

Salvaged_Title_Robot,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Salvaged_Title_Robot

I have the ti tip that came with my woodscents and a SS rosium. I think you're on to something regarding the ss needing a bit more heat, but I run my ti and SS tips at the same voltage (again tho I'm not using a vvps yet) and get satisfying hits. The SS is only noted when I want to let the tip heat soak a bit before killing a bowl. Otherwise its all convection and I don't notice it.

I don't think you're overworking your WS at those voltages if the stock is ~12.4 or whatever. That said, I also think you should be able to get even avb with either tip at those voltages. For my edification, can you try packing a little bit (its always shocking to me but <= a third of a dynavap tip will still milk up a bong...)? You should just be able to pull on that, but if you let the tip heat soak before you kill it you should end up with very even avb, at least ime.

NuMbNutZ

I finally jumped on the Woodscents train, I bought a padauk log, and I am very pleased. I’ve been slowly growing a dynavap collection and had my eye on a log vape since the early days of bud’s reviews. Needless to say, Ed’s logs really elevate the whole dynaverse experience. I hadn’t really used my induction heater much in the past couple years, preferring the robust heating I can get from my torch. With the new log, my heating is even better, I’m still trying to find the sweet spot for dialing back the heat and getting the best load in my cap. So far, I’ve been using it the most in my Simrell OG stem, I enjoyed running it through the vong too. I haven’t had any problems fitting it on either my SS or Ti tips. This unit is a winner, I can see why there is so much obsession over the various woods, I’m craving matching stems even though I have plenty!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I finally jumped on the Woodscents train, I bought a padauk log, and I am very pleased. I’ve been slowly growing a dynavap collection and had my eye on a log vape since the early days of bud’s reviews. Needless to say, Ed’s logs really elevate the whole dynaverse experience. I hadn’t really used my induction heater much in the past couple years, preferring the robust heating I can get from my torch. With the new log, my heating is even better, I’m still trying to find the sweet spot for dialing back the heat and getting the best load in my cap. So far, I’ve been using it the most in my Simrell OG stem, I enjoyed running it through the vong too. I haven’t had any problems fitting it on either my SS or Ti tips. This unit is a winner, I can see why there is so much obsession over the various woods, I’m craving matching stems even though I have plenty!

Welcome to the family!

Hok.woo

I've been using 2020m ss tip.. This one fits perfectly to the woodscents where I can spin it no resistance. I've been impressed with the 2020 over 2021 has every so slight edge with more material on the tip. I get face melting rips with cbd/cbg flower. Only thing is the stems gets wicked hot along with the vapor. I just ordered a Simrell/sneaky Pete Glass Cage/ Smoked Globe to help with the hot vapor.

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Anyone using a 2021 SS Tip with their Woodscents? (was wondering if they fit well)
I use a 2020 SS tip with my Woodscents with the old heater. The tip doesn't fit my newer Woodscents well; it'll fit, but I'll have to twist it on and I don't like to force it. I like the SS tip. It takes longer to warm up, but I think the extra mass makes it easier to get full extraction in fewer draws.

Very nice! Wish I had grabbed one of those AoV bongs before they stopped making them. Such a cool vibe.
I love mine. That really stinks they aren’t still being made - it’s a piece of art and it was a bargain at the price I got it.

Considering that the “vape ban” didn’t really pan out to much, I wonder if Collyland will ever be able to bring them back? @Jaxel

grogazola

Hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while since I've posted!

Anyone ever use their Woodscents with a smart plug? I was thinking of ordering a simple TP-Link Kasa smart plug to attach to my Woodscents so that it could be voice activated.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Woodscents runs off DC power? Would this affect the performance in anyway? Would I be better attaching my smart plug to another vape?

Edit - I am running my Woodscents with the standard dimmer dial (no VVPS)

Last edited:

Hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while since I've posted!

Anyone ever use their Woodscents with a smart plug? I was thinking of ordering a simple TP-Link Kasa smart plug to attach to my Woodscents so that it could be voice activated. Would this work well? Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Woodscents runs off DC power? Would this affect the performance in anyway? Would I be better attaching my smart plug to another vape?
I am currently using mine attached to a cheap basic smart plug from Amazon - nothing fancy. I use it so that I can leave my dial on a specific setting and just turn it on/off (I use the basic dimmer plug). It would also be nice to use to get it warmed up before I’m ready to use it, or turn it off at night without having to go out to the actual unit, although I don’t find that necessary with how fast this heats up/cools down!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I put in for a spot!
My spot did not provide and I haven’t been able to get that two tone cocobolo out of my mind so I just reached out to Ed who promptly responded he had more…..so I ordered one.

I had a Walnut WoodScents for for a while but at some point my romance for Dynavap dwindled and it got passed on. I believe it my have been the Flowerpot that caused the lapse in judgment. My love for Dynavap is now strong again and the WoodScents is a necessity. I’ve been messing with the IHs less lately and gravitating more towards the torch. I’m really excited to add the WoodScents back to the mix.

Are you still using your WS on the regular? I can’t remember which year/wood do you have?

BakedDiogenes

Just found out about the travel lite kit. Does anyone know if it works with other logs (ie undersog)?

BakedDiogenes,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Just found out about the travel lite kit. Does anyone know if it works with other logs (ie undersog)?
They do not. Ed’s uses a Dynavap tip for a bowl or a specialty? glass tube. I have seen a few times where people had a dynavap converter for their underdog. The underdog stem could probably work but is not designed for Ed’s heater.

The Stray Fox,

Ramahs

My spot did not provide and I haven’t been able to get that two tone cocobolo out of my mind so I just reached out to Ed who promptly responded he had more…..so I ordered one.

I had a Walnut WoodScents for for a while but at some point my romance for Dynavap dwindled and it got passed on. I believe it my have been the Flowerpot that caused the lapse in judgment. My love for Dynavap is now strong again and the WoodScents is a necessity. I’ve been messing with the IHs less lately and gravitating more towards the torch. I’m really excited to add the WoodScents back to the mix.

Are you still using your WS on the regular? I can’t remember which year/wood do you have?

Unfortunately I did not win either, but it was worth a shot for the $15. And congrats to the person that did win!

Yuppers, I still use mine quite often. I have three of them now, a 2017, 2018, and 2019 (listed in my signature below). I love them all!

RiskyRaccoon

Would this battery pack work with the woodscents?

I know the plug on it will fit, I'm just not sure if testing it could damage the "travelling light controller"

Thanks!!

RiskyRaccoon,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

Would this battery pack work with the woodscents?

That's intended to charge a phone. I don't see how that would provide anywhere near as much power as needed. In fact, not only would it probably ruin the battery, but you might set it on fire.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom