Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

@zootboy Just a preference thing. The carb will allow fresh air to enter the vapor path and you can manipulate the carb like a Dynavap. This can help if you find the carbless draw too restrictive, but it also hurts vapor production IME. I just don’t like carbs with the Woodscents. You may want to try both styles.

cosimo

O’Connell Woodworks
PXL_20210629_012843222_720x.jpg

PXL_20210120_184711966_720x.jpg

PXL_20210504_060807413_720x.jpg

Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
because at least for now I will not be using it with a water pipe and would love cooler hits.

The Woodscents comes with a stubby wood waterpipe adapter that allows you to use it with a waterpipe with either a 14mm or an 18mm connection. So, you'll be waterpipe ready right out of the box.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Very excited to be getting a Woodscents kit from @Sneaky Pete. Given my extensive collection of Simrell, Phatpiggie, and Dynavap stems the trimmed down kit made a lot of sense.

I’ve never liked using a torch for my vapcaps, and using an IH makes sense when I’m on the move. But for home use, which is 90% of my vaporizing, I think Ed’s desktop log vape makes the most sense. Great way to micro-dose, and I expect improved flavor as well.

I’ll report back next week after I take it for a test drive.

masonjars

Very excited to be getting a Woodscents kit from @Sneaky Pete. Given my extensive collection of Simrell, Phatpiggie, and Dynavap stems the trimmed down kit made a lot of sense.

I’ve never liked using a torch for my vapcaps, and using an IH makes sense when I’m on the move. But for home use, which is 90% of my vaporizing, I think Ed’s desktop log vape makes the most sense. Great way to micro-dose, and I expect improved flavor as well.

I’ll report back next week after I take it for a test drive.
For home use I almost always prefer the WS over the IH. You just can’t beat the flavor of WS vs vapcap

zootboy

I just received my Woodscents and it looks so beautiful! I am wondering however if the tip is supposed to be really tight around the heating element? It seems pretty difficult to turn, sometimes turning the wood stem independently, and when using the glass stem that attaches to the tip it completely detaches if trying to turn or remove it. The wood stem stays in tact well but still is difficult to turn on the heating element.

Is it supposed to be this tight? Does the heat make it expand later? (I haven’t turned it on just yet), any help is appreciated! Gonna give it a try now with the wood stem, just feel like in videos I saw people turning and using the stems way easier. I know Ed does checks before sending them out so I feel like I’m just doing something wrong, I just reached out to him too for help!

edit: after giving it a test run, I really feel it shouldn’t be this tight. It makes it really difficult to use and the stems are coming loose from the tip Bc the tip is so tighy on the heating element, not really sure what to do

Last edited:

zootboy

@zootboy it shouldn’t be that tight. Did you get the tip direct from Ed? If so, he should be able to help, but it’s a little concerning to me. Sorry you ran into this issue… it seems to be happening more and more often to people.
yeah its the one that came with the whole set (my only one rn), I sent Ed an email so I'm sure he'll help me out, but yeah it feels like if it were only a pinch more loose, everything would be very smooth, but instead everything is more difficult (unusuable in the case of the glass ti tip stem), and its worrisome given that its the tip and not the stem, so it'll be like that with anything else I get unless its a different tip.

Otherwise though the piece looks really nice. I hope I find a way around it or it gets resolved bc the log itself I love

On the bright side, testing out the glass stem that doesn't use the dynavap tip & I'm using an O ring and getting pretty smooth results! still figuring out how to get the big hits but this kind of functionality is what I was expecting. Super nice experience.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if the tip is supposed to be really tight
You are lucky, wet and dry sand paper until a perfect fit (another member was this lucky and shared on a different forum).
I purchase an extra half dozen or more tips and all were very loose, at least I have one that fits nicely.

zootboy

You are lucky, wet and dry sand paper until a perfect fit (another member was this lucky and shared on a different forum).

Ok thats great to hear! I was hoping this would be the case; so u just sand the dynavap tip? i guess around the inner edges?

I'm also starting to get the hang of things better and am getting pretty good hits. I just got a Glass Charlie in the mail and have been using it and it has a really good fit like the wood piece, making the use a lot smoother. The tip still is tight around the heater but I've just been using it in a way where the tip and the heater are barely touching so its not so attached. It's been working so far & I'm really enjoying it but loosening it just a little would still help.

Also, if the color of the vaped bud is black is that automatically combustion or just a good burn?

Check this beauty out - Buckeye Burl

Whats-App-Image-2021-10-07-at-5-42-41-PM.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2021-10-06-at-5-11-56-PM-1.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2021-10-06-at-5-11-56-PM.jpg

also I gotta say, after a couple good hits, this thing is pretty effective, & the experience is so much cleaner & nicer than smoking from a pipe that gets dirty too often, I was really getting tired of it.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@zootboy For whatever its worth black doesn't necessarily mean combustion, just that you're right on the edge. You'll know if you combust (the taste and smell are very, very obvious unless you've been smoking cigarettes, recently had covid, or have some other health issue that prevents you from smelling/tasting to your normal capacity!).

I had similar problems with my dynavap tip being too tight on the heater core. I think as you said and @LesPlenty suggested using very high grit sandpaper (or some dremel tool) to take off a tiny amount of material inside the tip will set you right. I didn't have any of that on hand but Ed got in touch and did that for me w/ a dremel from the looks of it. I like being able to properly mate the tip with the heater sheathe just for consistent positioning and so that I'm not pulling in cool air when I draw. Mostly I like trying to keep things consistent so that they are reproducible--when I find my sweet spot I want it to be easy to get back there.

Enjoy! That buckeye burl sure is beautiful!

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
I’ve watched, read and learned a great deal on this site. Good writ (hard facts) has lead me to a recent WoodScents purchase. It is now my Heavy. This solves my search for a method that reaches the combustion delivery euphoria of the past.
Tips, Stems, Stingers & WS!…and plus a little bit of the good!

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Two tone Cocobolo. I’ve been wanting this one for awhile. I asked Ed for a 50/50 light to dark and he nailed it. Customer service with Ed is always outstanding. He even has a matching custom 14/18 stem in the works to pair up with it. This is an XL kit which is perfect for the Dynavap collector. View attachment 11137
Damn, this makes me feel ok.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Damn. Why did I wait so long to get a Woodscents? It is amazing in all ways. I just got 12 excellent rips off of .05g at 6.5ish on the dial, the only negative on the vaporizer, and I'm as happy as can be. And last night when I needed some heavier meds two caps of Star 91 at 8ish with my Simrell through my WPA kicked ass. I especially love the way I can get daytime meds in a dosage that allows me to be more functional.

Top Bottom