Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Eight days of using the Woodscents Lite Kit from Sneaky Pete and I'm still gobsmacked. It's my all day, and on many days it's the only vaporizer I use. I've gone to all glass stems; BB9, Gnarly Stem, Little Finger, and Ed's glass stem with conical screens. And yesterday I received Ti mesh screens from DDave and I'm as happy as can be-better air flow, better flavor.

It's taken me 4 years to really figure out my vaporizer situation-and it cost quite a bit of money in mistakes-Sidekick anyone? But I'm really happy right now. The Woodscents is the DD and my TinyMight is for when I need a heavier dosage-primarily in the evenings.

Thanks @Ed's TnT for making a game changer of a vaporizer. Cheers mate.

cosimo

Hello fellow WS lovers! Could I have your thoughts on the following? The heater sheath of my WS is wobbling a lot today. I suspect someone let it fall down while I wasn't home today, because it wasn't doing it yesterday. I have always had a soft rattle happening inside the sheath because of having dropped the log some months ago, but the sheath remained solidly still after that and that inner ratting would even sometimes stop and then come back.But this is different, its the actualy sheath that moves, not something inside.
I don't live in the US, and while I could send it to Ed to get all those details repaired, I wouldn't bare not having my WS with me that long ( it would be at least a month).
I've been tempted to try to twist it clockwise as if it were screwed into the plate and I were just re-tightening it... maybe not such a good idea right? Any advice or input on what I should do with it?

Last edited:

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Hello fellow WS lovers! Could I have your thoughts on the following? The heater sheath of my WS is wobbling a lot today. I suspect someone let it fall down while I wasn't home today, because it wasn't doing it yesterday. I have always had a soft rattle happening inside the sheath because of having dropped the log some months ago, but the sheath remained solidly still after that and that inner ratting would even sometimes stop and then come back. I don't live in the US, and while I could send it to Ed to get all those details repaired, I wouldn't bare not having my WS with me that long ( it would be at least a month).
I've been tempted to try to twist it clockwise as if it were screwed into the plate and I were just re-tightening it... maybe not such a good idea right? Any advice ort input on what I should do with it?
My heater cover came off once when I was waxing it. Popped out, I think it was a press fit. I had to send it back to Ed, he got it back to me pretty quick. If yours is wobbling, it might be coming out. Shoot Ed an email and he'll be able to tell you what you can do.

shopdognyc

Hello fellow WS lovers! Could I have your thoughts on the following? The heater sheath of my WS is wobbling a lot today. I suspect someone let it fall down while I wasn't home today, because it wasn't doing it yesterday. I have always had a soft rattle happening inside the sheath because of having dropped the log some months ago, but the sheath remained solidly still after that and that inner ratting would even sometimes stop and then come back. I don't live in the US, and while I could send it to Ed to get all those details repaired, I wouldn't bare not having my WS with me that long ( it would be at least a month).
I've been tempted to try to twist it clockwise as if it were screwed into the plate and I were just re-tightening it... maybe not such a good idea right? Any advice ort input on what I should do with it?
they all have some kind of rattling inside the heating element, how big ed explained to me

PossumMD

So, I've just found a store in Australia that sells these, but it still uses the original power controller so I'd need an adaptor. Is there anyway I could just get a ps with an Australian plug and cut out the adaptor bullshit?

PossumMD,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

beyond6strings

I’m so happy with my Woodscents purchase. Some of the best money I’ve spent on a vaporizer. It’s the perfect daytime device for me. It allows me to sip, maintain my tolerance at a lower level, and I’m back to having an oversupply of flower.

I’ve got 4 stems that I use in rotation; a @phattpiggie 150mm Blackwood beauty, BB9, Simrell MVS, and @Ed's TnT 4” glass stem with a conical screen. The Simrell is pretty much 100% use with a WPA.

I’ve been keeping it set at about 8 which works for both native and WPA, great taste, and I get the AVB to the dark roast I prefer.

I’m still amazed at how much vapor this device gets out of just .05g or less.

hailseitan

Hi. I'm new here. so I was thinking about getting the WS. I've heard that I have to buy a VVPS. Is there a european version of the WS as well?
This will be my first log vape. I'm not fully convinced yet. I'm looking for a safe, flavorful, efficient device that's easy on the lungs and that never burns material and that is low maintenance.
So if my goal is to get the most out of my material (only dry herb), never burn/char material is it enough if I use the WS or the Enano with a Ice Glass Stem? Or is there no such thing as a good ice stem and you just have to use it with a small bubbler if you want to extract it all and if you're sensitive to hot vapor in general? I just don't want to accidentally burn myself with a stem. Maybe Ed can make a version of the WS without the real leather and with a safety ice stem ? :D So you can't burn yourself. Safety is so underrated for mimosa like me. I'm willing to pay for the extra effort of course.

I've been using the VapeXhale EVO for quite some time and this is what I was personally thinking about it
-Very flavorful
-Easy to use, not that much cleaning
-Efficient
-Didn't like that the vapor path and the whole thing would get so hot you can burn yourself
-charing from time to time was extremely annoying, inconsistent temperatures IIRC(not sure about this one)

Now I don't own it anymore and I want something new.
Alternatives I was thinking about
Enano
Volcano Hybrid with Whip
Ditanium (getting hot as well?)
Flowerpot Weedeater (it's getting hot as well so it's probably not for me)

Last edited:
hailseitan,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

im not a robot

Is there a european version of the WS as well?
i cannot answer most of your queries, but this one i can: lacentralevapeur in france carries the walnut version of the woodscents. all other species have to be ordered from him directly, or from some of his other retailers in the us. as far as i know. i am in the eu & ended up ordering from him directly as i was interested in other wood species, & @Ed's TnT has been extremely helpful throughout the process, a genuinely nice guy to do business with.
the heater was updated some time ago, my ws is from 2020, and i never felt the need for a vvps - or to even max out the temp on the dial. 8 (out of 10) is the highest i ever go and this leaves my herb dynavap shades of brown. taste is spectacular, but i cannot compare to the vapes you list. it is the best tasting and most loved of my vapes, but my collection is small. vapour is indeed pretty warm natively through the short stem, so sometimes i prefer using a simple glass cooling stem like the hula and that works well. i never use a bubbler, but that is only because i dont own one. i do have a really nice wpa that came with the woodscents i will have to try one day. i am sure others can chime in re your other queries. bear in mind you are asking this in the woodscents thread and most people are probably very fond of their ws anyway, like i. if you are interested in comparisons to other vapes the askfc section might be a better place to post this.

beyond6strings

After using the Woodscents for over a month I’ve really come to love using the 4” glass stem from @Ed's TnT for most of my vaporizing. I still use my vapcaps to micro dose in the mornings when necessary, but overall I like the simple glass stem the best

I put a conical screen in far enough to shape it, then turn it around to use the flat bottom as the screen. It keeps things cleaner longer, better tasting, and easier to maintain overall. I’ve got it set to be about a full vapcap load. And it’s perfect.

To round out my Canna Xmas, I ordered another 4” glass stem, a 14mm glass WPA, and what should be a year’s supply of screens and O-rings. This should top off a list that includes Ispire’s new Daab unit, and an Electric Elev8r.

Thanks guys it took me long enough to decide but ed was great,cant wait to see it. And it’s character,was looking at an other TM but different ,been months cant get an answer ,but ed different ,just got some custom TMstems for him and love them ,
was worried I’d used up the CCand wasnt right so thankyou for reassurance,just hope the wood i picked is nice ,
sorry can I ask I bought a power bank the one for it on eds site is it ok the i thought it was but this is the samller 20000 15w one ,will it do ?sugar it’s on anker U.K. need to get an other a 45w one better can use it for my mighty+ aswell,
thanks G

JoJax

Hey everyone, great thread here. Years of wisdom and knowledge about this great vape. I got a woodscents for christmas and now I'm looking for a USB-C variable voltage controller, available in Canada. Similar to Eds travelling lite controller but with a little screen for the voltage read out instead of analog. Someone also gave me a small but powerful car booster battery pack with a usb c output for christmas that will be perfect with the woodscents for portability. If this exists please let me know, thanks!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Christmas came late for this old Scrooge, didn’t own any WS prior to two weeks ago, now I have 3 in the expanding stable of logs, all courtesy of EE. All were well cared for (one still smells like fresh new wood it’s still so new). Is it worth the time/effort/pita to remove the aftermarket lowered mesh heater stem screen on one of the WS and replace it with a CCD screen in the correct higher position as Ed intended?

JoJax

Hey everyone, great thread here. Years of wisdom and knowledge about this great vape. I got a woodscents for christmas and now I'm looking for a USB-C variable voltage controller, available in Canada. Similar to Eds travelling lite controller but with a little screen for the voltage read out instead of analog. Someone also gave me a small but powerful car booster battery pack with a usb c output for christmas that will be perfect with the woodscents for portability. If this exists please let me know, thanks!
Findings: For my desk I got a VVPS that was 3-30V, that worked but was very jumpy and hard to adjust, I exchanged it for 3-12V which gives me nearly half the physical range of the dial between 9 -12. It won’t go over 12.3V which may be an issue for bubble hash or concentrates, I'm sticking to flower around 10. Getting the VVPS gave me an extra dimmer to work with. I got a USB to DC converter with a little screen that shows the voltage throughput like I was looking for, I only found 1, it buzzes and it only adjusts to either 9V or 12V so not really what I wanted but it helped. I used the original dimmer with this usb adapter and it works with my smart booster battery and also with a solar charging battery pack that has a usb output on it. I’ll likely never use the solar pack but its interesting.
Conclusion: Compared to what I found then Eds travel light controller is the best option out there right now, absolutely.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Heatup time is about ten minutes from cold/off.
On days i'm using my Woodscents I generally leave it plugged-in/on all day, only turning it off when I go to bed or leave the house.
It's nice to always have it on for a quick hit immediately whenever I feel like one, and it works great with a waterpipe.

Top Bottom