Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Grinder geeks! Who knew?
FC is the best source of advice I've found for everything related to this industry. Grinders, torches, storage, the list goes on and on. I've learned so much here. People here know their shit and have high standards and I love that.

The nano really requires no special equipment. You can be set up just fine out of the box. Extra stems are always handy but not necessary.

Knock on wood (log?) I haven't broken any of my nano stems or GonGs yet. I'm at just over a year of nano ownership. I still like having spares, I wouldn't want to go without.

That reminds me, I need a spare nano. Maybe something more exotic this time...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It took me a while to find the right grinder. It really is an individual thing. The SLX is awesome grinding up for the Enano. I would say a medium grind but you could get a little finer if you put it back through for a second grind.

It gives me the perfect grind for the with some nice milky clouds and great flavor. Even grinds up the ultimate sticky dense cannabis like with Gorilla Glue and no stick. That tiny bow is transferring that pick color on the side of my nano - it's not pink like that. It's from the light. I have some Diamond OG in the stem.

Edit
My wood Is a Cherry Premium and I have a matching stand. The wood darkens over time, that's why the stand looks lighter.

Last edited:

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
After looking around I’m thinking I can probably get by with a 2-piece SCS. I can’t really tell what size I need though. I’ll only ever grind enough for immediate use (just as I do with coffee). Would a small be sufficient?

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I find my 2-piece tends to grind on the fine side. The 3 and 4 piece models seem to grind more coarsely and fluffy, which I prefer. But that's all about personal preference. I find a coarser grind works best for me in the Nano.

I would get at least a medium size, but much prefer the large for at home use.

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
I find my 2-piece tends to grind on the fine side. The 3 and 4 piece models seem to grind more coarsely and fluffy, which I prefer. But that's all about personal preference. I find a coarser grind works best for me in the Nano.

I would get at least a medium size, but much prefer the large for at home use.

This, get a medium 3 piece SCS.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could recommend the SLX, the company treated me great and the item itself is overall quite nice.
But the coating wears itself out, this is not a fluke and has happened on 4 out of 4 items they have sent me.
Perhaps they will have it sorted out on ver 3.0.
Its a bummer as I do like the design overall a LOT.

Eventually I'll post about this over in the grinder thread with pics and more detail, just felt this was a good time to chirp in on this here.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
I ordered a medium 2-piece SCS from Puffitup. Thanks for all the advice. But now…

The E-Nano has landed!! Shipped Tuesday, and it’s here way across the country on Thursday. Wow. I will report in later… if possible.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Each strain and cure is a puzzle to be unlocked.
Low temp? Grind? Fine or chunky? Fresh, old, dry many variables to consider.
UzgITvt.jpg

I leave the NANO on 24/7 and try new strains?

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Nanu nanu.

I unboxed my cherry E-Nano from the bulletproof packaging and marveled at the simple elegance of the wood. I heated it up at 10 for a few minutes and then down to 6. I stuck a gooey piece of Holy Grail 69 in the sturdy glass stem and used the e-pick to make sure it was the right amount (hat tip to @Vapor_Eyes for his incredible illustrated guide a few pages back). The warm wood was comforting. I took a slow hit.

A soft wisp of pineapple, citrus and strong blonde hashish flavors. I think the taste was purer than any hash I’ve smoked. Intense and clear. I wanted more.

I cranked it up to 7.5 and finished it off with a hit that almost made me cough. One more stem in a similar manner and I got vaked. I was pacified, stupefied and rectified. Ladies and gentlemen of Nano Nation, I was truly vap0rized.

The high is crystalline. This strain is powerful, and while it is Sativa dominant can sometimes feel heavy. Vaping, however, allowed the 65% Sativa to take control with plenty of creative thoughts, a clear and active mind, and of course the ever popular euphoria. Eventually the 35% Indica put the brakes on and I rolled to a comfortably numb stop on the sofa. The entire time I was alert, happy, and satisfied.

The E-Nano is an exquisite device that has completely and irrevocably converted me to the True Path of Vapor. The journey that began with my discovery of flower vapes two weeks ago continues with a toasty nano in hand, to irie ites. My Bredren and Sistren, give thanks and praises.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Nanu nanu.

I unboxed my cherry E-Nano from the bulletproof packaging and marveled at the simple elegance of the wood. I heated it up at 10 for a few minutes and then down to 6. I stuck a gooey piece of Holy Grail 69 in the sturdy glass stem and used the e-pick to make sure it was the right amount (hat tip to @Vapor_Eyes for his incredible illustrated guide a few pages back). The warm wood was comforting. I took a slow hit.

A soft wisp of pineapple, citrus and strong blonde hashish flavors. I think the taste was purer than any hash I’ve smoked. Intense and clear. I wanted more.

I cranked it up to 7.5 and finished it off with a hit that almost made me cough. One more stem in a similar manner and I got vaked. I was pacified, stupefied and rectified. Ladies and gentlemen of Nano Nation, I was truly vap0rized.

The high is crystalline. This strain is powerful, and while it is Sativa dominant can sometimes feel heavy. Vaping, however, allowed the 65% Sativa to take control with plenty of creative thoughts, a clear and active mind, and of course the ever popular euphoria. Eventually the 35% Indica put the brakes on and I rolled to a comfortably numb stop on the sofa. The entire time I was alert, happy, and satisfied.

The E-Nano is an exquisite device that has completely and irrevocably converted me to the True Path of Vapor. The journey that began with my discovery of flower vapes two weeks ago continues with a toasty nano in hand, to irie ites. My Bredren and Sistren, give thanks and praises.
Excellent post, I really like your writing style! :clap:

It sounds like your first experience with your E-Nano was as good as mine. It's simply a fantastic piece of functional art.

It's great that you are having good success with vaping vs. smoking. Crystalline is an excellent word to describe the effects.

The nano produces flavor that is out of this world! :drool:

You made a great choice when you picked the nano. :tup:

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Yeah baby, my E-Nano has shipped!

But before I go on and on about how excited I am, I need to get something off my chest. I’ve been reading the forums here for about two weeks, and all I ever see is Andy, Andy, Andy. Oh, Andy does beautiful work, oh, Andy manufactures perhaps the best vape available today, oh Andy this and Andy that. That may all be true, but no one ever mentions Carisa. Tireless Carisa. Carisa, busy manning the emails, shipping products, slaving away deep within the bowels of the cavernous Epic Vape facility. A thankless job. Until now.

Here’s to you, Carisa. Thank you for excellent communication, and for shipping my E-Nano today. I hereby nominate you for Epic Vape Employee of the Month, which I believe entitles you to a key to the executive vape room. And @ACE OF VAPE, Carisa deserves a raise.

And now, I just hope the thing gets here before my head explodes from excitement.
Thank you for writing Carisa's new favorite post.
As the only employee, she gets employee of the month every month. As for the raise? Hmmm. Her one year anniversary IS next month....:2c::nod:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Why? Epicvape do international shipping...

Can confirm it, Epic vape ship overseas and it exists a stepdown converter to use the lovely nano with (from 230V to the needed 110V)

It is recommended at least a 50W power but as it is not much expensiver go rather with 100w or more (mine is 150w and running flawlessly since 1year and a half)

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Excellent post, I really like your writing style

Thanks!! It was the Nano talking…

Seriously, the ordering process was smooth and a pleasure from start to finish. Carisa is personable and efficient, and I would have been happy with just efficient. It adds to the whole E-Nano Experience.

As for the raise? Hmmm.

Aww, c’mon Scrooge McVape!

AhBeVapin

Mindful Member Wellness User
Hey now Nano Nation,

Prospective Nano buyers always ask ‘will the Nano save me money?’.

The answer is yes. Flashback to 2014….

I would call myself a responsible wellness user. Household/family expenses (wife&2 teens) come first, so, I also have to budget for cannabis. Just prior to fucking combustion I was going thru 14g/4 week with a dugout&bat. Combustion was getting harder and harder. My kids were getting older and my wife’s nose had not lost its superior olfactory abilities. I knew I needed to vape to save money, reduce smell etc.

I started with a PAX and Solo in Spring 2014. My first 14g, using those two vapes, took 6 weeks to deplete. It should be noted that I only used the PAX for the first 4 weeks (sold it), as I had soon discovered FC and the Solo. PAX only worked ‘loaded full’ for me and you can get 200mg in there, no problem. I Solo’d through a few more 14g/6wk cycles and I found I preferred ‘chasing the taste’ over ‘chasing the clouds’. Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to ‘clouds’, I take a backseat to nobody, I love them, I just like ‘chasing the taste’ more…

So, I don’t know the names of any strains I get, but each 14g batch tasted different from the previous. Blueberry, lemon, pine, watermelon, each new batch was a taste adventure. I decided to get a second Cvault and hold back 2g of each batch. I called it my ‘Legacy CVault’. Before long, a neat thing happened. I realized that I was maintaining a 6wk cycle, I don’t know how or why, it just happened.

Recap:

When I quit combustion , I was using 500mg/day. I started vaping and I dropped immediately to 334mg/day. If my math is right that’s a 33% savings. Upon creation of the ‘Legacy’ vault I was down to 286mg/day. That’s a 43% drop from combustion and 14% drop from PAX/Solo to Solo only.

More reading on FC led me to tolerance. Very interesting…I decided to try to adjust mine. It takes patience for sure, but it can be done. I was on a t-break in spring 2015 when the Nano popped upon Massdrop (those were the days...). The lowest Massdrop price covered the exchange to U$ for this Canadian. Got the Nano and worked it in to my routine, still using the Solo as well. Again my consumption went down right away. I was now stretching my 14g batch as 2g to ‘Legacy’ (6 kinds now) and the balance over 8 weeks or 214mg/day. More tolerance tweeks and almost exclusive Nano use and I’m down to 171mg/day or 12g over 10 weeks. That’s a 66% savings from combustion. Unfortunately it’s taken 14 or 15 months to break even due to VA$ & GA$ but my setup is now complete.

I wrote the above at the end of August 2015. Never posted it.

I’ve had my Nano for 1 ½ years now. I’ve turned it off less than a dozen times. It’s been on at 5 ¾-6 ½. Zero problems. With the Nano’s help I’m & mindful usage I can go as low as 12g/12 weeks. That’s 70% savings from combustion.

That’s right people------------> combustion vs. vaping with NANO = 6oz/yr to 2oz/yr in 2 years.

AbV out

ArthurJ

Like the man says, nano = civilized
Ive had mine for just about 3 months.
I've been using it almost exclusively through the bubbler of late in the vicinity of 6.5 on your dial.
Playing around to figure out what works best for you is half the fun!

Bv5moa0.jpg

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm loving the vibe in this thread lately. It's nice seeing these posts by new owners, and I always enjoy hearing from the veterans too.

I've been working on my dabbing lately. This has only cemented my belief that the nano is the best way to enjoy concentrates.

I'm sure I could still improve my technique, but I doubt I could come close to the flavor I achieve with the nano through a traditional dab.

And the efficiency is unparalleled. A dab will affect me more than a hit of concentrate in the nano, but not 6 times as much. And I average 6 nice hits from one dab's worth using the nano with organic cotton.

I've been trying to perfect my low temp dab technique and I decided it's just a waste of concentrates. If I want low temp I will use my nano for convection dabbing.

If I'm going to do a traditional dab I might as well do a big strong one and not worry about keeping the temps low. I don't mean I just burn up my concentrates on a red hot nail, but I'm not trying to chase that flavor the nano provides anymore when I dab.

Since I've had it the nano has been my primary means of enjoying concentrates. After more experimentation with dabbing and even using concentrates in other vapes, the nano remains my favorite tool for the job.

I recently shared one big dab's worth in organic cotton at 7.5 with two combusters. We all got super ripped, and there was still enough left for me to have a session later. They are combusters and dabbers and both were impressed with the potency and efficiency that the nano brings to the table.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Was away from computer for a while and happily excited to see all the activity and love here in my favorite thread. Thanks all!!

As the only employee, she gets employee of the month every month. As for the raise? Hmmm. Her one year anniversary IS next month....:2c::nod:

You'd better take good care of her for that anniversary, Ace. Carisa is the BOMB! From what I've seen she does better with customer service, shipping and all else she does than whole teams of people at lesser vape companies - well, lesser in my eyes at least. And yes, you rock too!

Thanks!! It was the Nano talking…

Seriously, the ordering process was smooth and a pleasure from start to finish. Carisa is personable and efficient, and I would have been happy with just efficient. It adds to the whole E-Nano Experience.

Aww, c’mon Scrooge McVape!

@BT Bean - loved your post also (and all your others before). Always great to see another new nano-er who "gets it". Glad you found this thread and the nano. As you already know, you made a GREAT choice.

This is posted once or twice somewhere way back in the thread, but since you started with nanu, nanu I figured it was time to throw it up again.

A rare shot of Mork turning the Fonz on to the wonders of the nano after a quick time travel into the future.

yHx8gP9.jpg

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Playing around to figure out what works best for you is half the fun!

I think I’ve been over playing, but I agree. Everyone said it was so, and it is so. This device is so simple to use, even to master, yet there are so many variations and gradations one can get with a simple turn of the dial or a different stem or WT. This is a tool for endless discovery. I am blown away. (Nice glass by the way).

Carisa is the BOMB!

Amen to THAT!

Andy is a bloody genius and should be inducted into the Vapor Hall of Fame. The E-Nano is a minimalist work of art with precision efficiency. Rarely has anything lived up the hype like this vape has (except maybe Fallout 3, and I bet Andy doesn’t go all stiff when he talks to you). And, after reading many of his comments and responses over the past couple of years to the community, he’s the real deal. Bravo.

@flotntoke- Shazbot! I have to show that picture to my wife.

Top Bottom